test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Weapon/armor enchantment visuals on off button?

jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
I am all for showing off glorious powers and all but since i enchanted my warhammer with the flaming enchantment the constant flashing and ocasional "spazzing out" of the lighting effect for it is on the verge of giving me an epileptic seizure at times.

I am wondering is there a way to disable the weapon/armor enchantment effects? and if there is not then why is this so?

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    No it is not possible. Players have been requesting this since Beta with no results.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Not going to happen. They say the effects are programmed deep in to the items and can't be turned off.

I personally think that's not the truth but that's what they say.
  • Options
    streeborstreebor Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Yeah, some effects are irritating and there should be an option to disable it.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited May 2017

They say the effects are programmed deep in to the items and can't be turned off.

What it seems is the animations are embedded into the package of code that also tells the enchant everything else it's supposed to do. Official statements have been more to the effect that they can't disable or alter the visuals without breaking the other effects of these enchants. So, despite this seeming like a very cumbersome way for these items to have been originally designed, they'd have to be completely recreated to disentangle the visual effects from the other effects. And that's one of those things that they have trouble justifying the resources to do.

What's more ridiculous imo is that they made an even more intrusive animation (plus an audio effect) with the Shadowclad enchantment, rather than taking the opportunity to create an armor enchant where they perhaps dialed it DOWN a few notches.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    chrisolliecchrisolliec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User
    I too would love to see the ability to turn off the visuals of the armor enchantment, at least for the fashion stuff.
    I'd love to wear this bikini-thingy from summer event, but with the frostburn enchantment in my armor, I always look like I did some sunbathing in Bryn Shander, during the giant's attack...
    Maybe that's the reason why they took the fashion out of the Zen-market...

And I agree with you , beckylunatic, the shadowclad enchantment is about as irritating as the rimefire golem companion.
    "I came from a long gone time, saw many other times...
    But I'm still human."
    Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
    ---
    "I don't like the smell of this."
    Eliza Sandtracker, Hunter Ranger
  • Options
    altmerpoweraltmerpower Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    Thank you for bringing this up. This is the reason why I abandoned Vorpal enchantment. Can't stand that constant blinking. I even avoid standing close to other players who have those. This was my concern when 1 week ago upgraded my lifedrinker from greater to perfact. Thinking please don't start to shine like hamster now.. It didn't but that Life steal effect when blood like substans flowes out fom foes flying to me got greater and is irritating. Feels like I am now constantly hit by this red color in face and it made my line of sigt worse during battle. I really, really wish I could turn off this effect and be able to decide how much my Bow shines in future by adding a dimmer. Thank you for this tread