test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are there any good Devo OP Heal/DPS builds for mod 10+ ?

eshneeshne Member Posts: 5 Arc User
I'm a nearly 70 Devo OP that made this character to see how the "other half" lives (main was DC) and ended up loving it. I used an older guide from mod 9 that seemed to work ok for leveling but now that I am close to 70, I want to start looking to see if there are more current builds or tweaks that I need/want to make to what I already have. My problem is, I don't see many current builds for Devo OP that aren't just heals. I'm not looking to be a dps character stuck in a healer's body but I also would like to be able to contribute a respectable amount of dps so I'm not sitting in a corner waiting for people to dance in the pretty red circles. Any thoughts, advice, links would be greatly appreciated. :)
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Being a DPS character stuck in a healer's body actually feels pretty good. You should try it. People tend to roll their eyes at "healers" until said "healers" top Paingiver.

Healers gonna heal.....

(But no, there isn't a recent guide...though I've been thinking about making one.)
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    WHEN the boons will respect the rule: 1 hit per second?:) i am talking about the healing boons.
    OR i am wrong maybe is my idea i saw somewhere is a modification 1 hit per sec.
  • Options
    alastor#1759 alastor Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I'm really looking forward the loadouts so i can have both a Prot and a Devo build and I'm impatient as you about finding a new guide.

I really like how OPs are flexible in what they do and that there is a contribution to DPS in each build, can't wait.
  • Options

WHEN the boons will respect the rule: 1 hit per second?:) i am talking about the healing boons.

Burning Guidance and Healing Warmth have a 1 second internal cooldown, however, there doesn't seem to be a cap (VeyWiil can verify) in the number of allies affected, and each ally can proc BG/HW onto five enemy mobs. So, in theory, in a five man party, each with a companion, that totals 9 allies--each potentially impacting 5 mobs (potentially) resulting in 45 ticks each of BG and HW every second. BG & HW are each really pretty low damage attacks, but over time, that damage adds up. You won't see really big burst damage, but you see a steady stream of damage. The higher the burst damage from other party members, the lower the effectiveness of the DevOP since everything dies so quickly from their attacks, however, DevOPs can, over the course of a battle/encounter, turn the tide of the battle due to the constant output of damage. And when you get down to it, that is what really captures the essence of a paladin in my opinion. In that regard, I think the DevOP is one of the truly balanced classes in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Hey good news, I have a guide coming soon, I have spent a great deal of time on it. It should be EXTREMELY in depth as to how/why things work. I would very much like to have it done tonight, and will devote all of my time tonight, but that means I'm missing out on a 200k+ of AD for today, which makes me sad :(. I'll have SOMETHING done by the end of today though, I promise.

Heads up the 'Prism' section as well as a few others may be incomplete because I am rushing the guide, good news it should be done in a google doc format, so you should be able view it from time to time and see the changes dynamically.

Ruby if you have time I will need you to proofread it tonight.
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
  • Options

Hey good news, I have a guide coming soon, I have spent a great deal of time on it. It should be EXTREMELY in depth as to how/why things work. I would very much like to have it done tonight, and will devote all of my time tonight, but that means I'm missing out on a 200k+ of AD for today, which makes me sad :(. I'll have SOMETHING done by the end of today though, I promise.

Heads up the 'Prism' section as well as a few others may be incomplete because I am rushing the guide, good news it should be done in a google doc format, so you should be able view it from time to time and see the changes dynamically.

Ruby if you have time I will need you to proofread it tonight.

Vey you are my new best friend I've never met :) Will look forward to your post.
  • Options
    Will do. I will send you my email address in game for you to send it to me if you want.
  • Options
    veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    The guide is nearing completion, I am currently working feverishly on it's finishing touches. I see @rubytrue in the document as well.

A quick warning I am on PC, not Xbox so results may vary. Theory behind it should be sound though.
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
  • Options
    > @veywiil#8685 said:
    > The guide is nearing completion, I am currently working feverishly on it's finishing touches. I see @rubytrue in the document as well.
    >
    > A quick warning I am on PC, not Xbox so results may vary. Theory behind it should be sound though.

I'm basically looking for a better understanding of how we currently work so I can tweak what I have and from what you said, I'm sure it will be perfect for my purposes. :)
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    rubytrue said:

Burning Guidance and Healing Warmth have a 1 second internal cooldown, however, there doesn't seem to be a cap (VeyWiil can verify) in the number of allies affected, and each ally can proc BG/HW onto five enemy mobs. So, in theory, in a five man party, each with a companion, that totals 9 allies--each potentially impacting 5 mobs (potentially) resulting in 45 ticks each of BG and HW every second. BG & HW are each really pretty low damage attacks, but over time, that damage adds up. You won't see really big burst damage, but you see a steady stream of damage. The higher the burst damage from other party members, the lower the effectiveness of the DevOP since everything dies so quickly from their attacks, however, DevOPs can, over the course of a battle/encounter, turn the tide of the battle due to the constant output of damage. And when you get down to it, that is what really captures the essence of a paladin in my opinion. In that regard, I think the DevOP is one of the truly balanced classes in Neverwinter.
    +1 on this, and I too am looking forward to reading Veywiil's guide when it comes out. Again, hoods off to you guys for all your testing and sharing.

My stoopid question of the day for either @rubytrue or @veywiil is if they've encountered situations during their testing where the five target cap for a BG/HW hit was reached for an ally healed, and any additional targets took BG damage only? My curiousity stems from what I see in some eToS runs where the mobs would spawn from behind me, I'm in between the mobs and the rest of the party as they're spanking the boss and the mobs are already taking damage from BG. If the answers are in the guide, Veywiil, just let me know and I'll wait for the finished product. Cheers. :)

-Shia-
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    Damn you, @veywiil! Just as I finished posting the above comment, it looks like you published it! Well done! :p
    ~Shia~

Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    Nice! Question answered. :)
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    rubytrue said:

so if a paladin do alone the stuff( without also companion) and heal hiself will do 1 proc per second?
  • Options

rubytrue said:

so if a paladin do alone the stuff( without also companion) and heal hiself will do 1 proc per second?
    I may be mistaken by the internal cooldown; I will have to test that. But no, solo (and without companion) you will not proc BG/HW at all. BG/HW only proc when you heal others; also, BG/HW actually only has about a 5% proc rate. While that sounds really low initially, within the context of groups and how Bond of Virtue and Vow of Enmity actually work together, it means it can proc pretty constantly.