test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

testing weapons enchantments

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    I just re-uploaded the document, complete with recalculated graphs and including Lightning on AoE fights.

Originally, I was going to Yukkuri shiteitte ne!!! take it easy, but I heard console users have a 2x RP weekend, so I worked to get the graphs and information back up as fast as I could with as much accuracy as I could.

You HRs can stop bugging me now (seriously, wtf, I've had like 5 people asking me for document access).

• dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Thanks @rjc9000, you and other pc players don't get enough credit.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    @rjc9000 I believe it is spelt careful attack not careful at lag, no need to give @jaegernl any nefarious dispositions with regards to the lag monster, it is bad enough on the servers as it currently is without him having any motivations.

Also, where are your Axis Labels? Q_Q

@rjc9000 I believe it is spelt careful attack not careful at lag, no need to give @jaegernl any nefarious dispositions with regards to the lag monster, it is bad enough on the servers as it currently is without him having any motivations.

All according to plan!

Just like how you had Sharp of the Endless Avalanche

Also, where are your Axis Labels? Q_Q

You know me extremely well: I'm more than willing to do a lot of hard work, only to learn that there's an easy solution nearby.

I suppose doing incredibly stupid things during the learning process is because I'm a GF guy at heart, huh?

• mattmonroemattmonroe Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Nice work. Glad to see my gut feeling about Fey being BiS is backed by actual numbers. :D
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2017

Nice work. Glad to see my gut feeling about Fey being BiS is backed by actual numbers. :D

if only it wasnt buggy when used by hrs i would agree
    Post edited by rayrdan on
  • dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Is the Feytouch bugged out by thorn ward and rain of arrows? I know in the bug list rain of arrows is mentioned, but not sure about thorn ward.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
    edited May 2017
    dmcewen said:

Is the Feytouch bugged out by thorn ward and rain of arrows? I know in the bug list rain of arrows is mentioned, but not sure about thorn ward.

thorn ward, cordon of arrow, rain of arrow and randomly longstrider's shot which are pretty much 80% of our good powers
  • heymonroe#1461 heymonroe Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @rayrdan said:
    > Nice work. Glad to see my gut feeling about Fey being BiS is backed by actual numbers. :D
    >
    > if only it wasnt buggy when used by hrs i would agree

It's still BiS for Combat HR's. Even with it not working on PG, it's still noticeably better for me, though my build might be different than the standard Combat-HR build.

> @rayrdan said:

> Nice work. Glad to see my gut feeling about Fey being BiS is backed by actual numbers. :D

>

> if only it wasnt buggy when used by hrs i would agree

It's still BiS for Combat HR's. Even with it not working on PG, it's still noticeably better for me, though my build might be different than the standard Combat-HR build.

Sorry, ^^ that was me, got logged into a different account for some reason.

Anyways, it is BiS for my Combat-HR.
  • nirafelosnirafelos Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    I <3 u @rjc9000
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Yep, I just switched from t.vorp to t.fey, haven't seen a noticible drop in Pve damage, still have 152% critsev, and am a lot tanker in PvP.

Combat pf crit build.

Good work everyone.
    No idea what my toon is now.
    jonkoca said:

Yep, I just switched from t.vorp to t.fey, haven't seen a noticible drop in Pve damage, still have 152% critsev, and am a lot tanker in PvP.

Combat pf crit build.

Good work everyone.

i guess you dont use thorn ward and cordon of arrows

No reason for a Combat spec to use CoA.
    edited June 2017
    rayrdan said:

Is Cordon of Arrows noteworthy enough in HR DPS that it needs to be tested?

(I am a total HR n00b, so I wouldn't know this)

___

Hmm... while I'm here, I wanted to ask you guys something.

Should I include ACT screenshots of HR DPS while using a Vorpal in the comparisons?

Some abilities are worth boosting their DPS more than others; for example, Trapper HRs should prioritize Thorned Roots damage rather than, say, Longstrider Shot damage.

I was wondering if it was worth it to include HR DPS with a Vorpal as a "base" comparison from random runs, since it would help uneducated HR n00bs like me know which abilities in which to prioritize DPS boosts from.

edited June 2017
    as pathfinder combat it s hard to find something better than gushing wounds, plant growth and thorn strike,
    all their ranged counterparts bug feytouch
    Post edited by rayrdan on
    rayrdan said:

jonkoca said:

Combat pf crit build.

Good work everyone.

I use thornward quite a bit, but only to suck up serpent ranged stacks. Lowest CD as well makes it pretty much the only combat choice for a third encounter.
  • stefoid#1036 stefoid Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    As a combat HR that uses clear the ground, I should be getting a lightning enchantment then. I wonder how the lightning interacts with blade storm?

I was hoping that the CD reduction would be significant (as in proc on flurry hits).

Im not real sure how blade storm works even by itself. Like, if I CtG and hit 4 mobs, is that 4 seperate chances to proc Blade Storm? I presume it is, so that if you are swinging at 4 mobs, it will proc once per swing, on average.

There was a thread about balance saying that 'plant growth' is magic, technically not melee damage with your blades, so Im guessing that lightning will NOT proc blade storm.

However whats not clear is if bladestorm has a chance to proc lightning, and if it does, would it be once per bladestorm proc or once per target in the bladestorm AoE?
    Lightning hits do not proc blade storm, i don't use CtG so i can't speak to it's mechanics.
    edited June 2017
    I just did a simple test with 1 dummy and then 3 at once. I was getting blade storm to proc on average every 2 swings against 1 dummy? weird. I expected every 4 swings obviously. The only way I can account for that is if the description is wrong and the artifact off hand power ads 25% to the chance to proc, rather than the damage.

Then against 3 dummys i could see it frequently proccing multiple times and hardly ever didnt proc at least once.

So am I missing something? Blade storm seems AWESOME if you have the artifact off hand power for it (+25% damage) Thats 45% of the attack damage in an area around you...Seems waaaay better than twin blade storm which doesnt even come into effect until you are hitting 3 targets, and then you get a measly flat 16%.

Now if that blade storm procs lightning each time it damages a single target, we are off to the races....
    Lightning does not proc blade storm, again. =]
    edited June 2017
    Lighten up, I was discussing the reverse.

I presume the bladestorm AoE is like the flurry - some sort of bonus damage that doesnt proc lightning, but you cant be sure until you test. I gotta get my hands on a lightning enchantment to play around with.

Does anybody have any comment on the artifact augmented Bladestorm >>>>>> arftifact augmented Twin Blade Storm? Or am I reading it wrong?

augments:
    "Blade Storm: The damage dealt by Blade Storm is increased by 25%.
    Twin-Blade Storm: Twin-Blade Storm now increases your Damage by an additional 2% when damaging more than two enemies with an attack."

Does the blade storm augment take the AoE damage to 45% (from 20%) or does it increase the 20% by 25%, meaning it increases it to 25%? Its ambiguously worded.

If the former, it absolutely rocks, being good for +11% (on average) per mob you hit with a single swing. i.e. if you are hitting 3 mobs with a swing, it will deliver on average +33% DPS

If the latter, the benefit is roughly half that, which is still better than TBS at every point (even at 3 mobs per swing TBS gives 18% and BS gives on average 18.75% and increases with every mob)

On thinking about it, I think its probably just taking the blade storm damage from 20% to 25%. Still nice, as on average it performs similarly to scything blades.

SB = 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, 30%
    BS = 6.25, 12.5, 18.75, 25, 31.25
    TBS = 0,....0,....18,....18,....18
    Post edited by stefoid#1036 on
    It is unfortunately, 20->25. I was also disappointed by it when I was a stormwarden.

Does anybody have any comment on the artifact augmented Bladestorm >>>>>> arftifact augmented Twin Blade Storm? Or am I reading it wrong?

augments:
    "Blade Storm: The damage dealt by Blade Storm is increased by 25%.
    Twin-Blade Storm: Twin-Blade Storm now increases your Damage by an additional 2% when damaging more than two enemies with an attack."

Does the blade storm augment take the AoE damage to 45% (from 20%) or does it increase the 20% by 25%, meaning it increases it to 25%? Its ambiguously worded.

Unfortunately, both artifact feature augments are wayyyyyyy worse than the AotP feature augment, which then in turn basically means we have to keep AotP slotted instead of using BS+TBS.

You could feature swap between TBS and AoTP for mobs/bosses. I sometimes swap AotP for Lone Wolf on mobs to help mitigate the fact that I inevitably end up tanking. TBS would escalate, rather than mitigate that problem for me.

edited June 2017
    FWIW, I think even at just 25%, Blade Storm outperforms TBS, giving on average 6.25% damage per mob. But I have gone completely off it because the numbers thrown up on the screen indicate it never does anything except 10% [PS4]

AotP seems like a no brainer now - a straight 15%, plus 2% per ally, plus there is drow hunting techniques that gives another 10% for combat advantage?

Oh but wait, there is that ambiguous wording again - "CA damage is increased by 10%..." Is that +10% or x10%? Now that I think about it, its probably the latter - taking you from 15% -> 16.5%

But I guess theoretically, you can place yourself to get combat advantage without using a class feature - would the artifact augment still work in that situation? probably not.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    @rjc9000 has said something about that boon but I don't remember exactly. Maybe he will check this thread again soon.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    *shrugs*

Not just me, Sharp, Janne, Ironzerg, etc. all talked about how Drow Ambush Tactics is a 1.1x multiplier versus your overarching CA Bonus.

So, yes, it would take your 15% -> 16.5%, assuming you had 10 CHA, no CA Comps, and no CA bonus stat.

rjc9000 said:

*shrugs*

Not just me, Sharp, Janne, Ironzerg, etc. all talked about how Drow Ambush Tactics is a 1.1x multiplier versus your overarching CA Bonus.

So, yes, it would take your 15% -> 16.5%, assuming you had 10 CHA, no CA Comps, and no CA bonus stat.

Your testing and your generosity and your lack of condescension are very appreciated, good sir!
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Is Cordon of Arrows noteworthy enough in HR DPS that it needs to be tested?

First of all, many many thanks for your work!! :)

For a Trapper in PVE the melee version of Cordon of Arrows, Plant Growth, is a large source of DPS. Normally for me it is in the same range of Thorned Roots in dungeons (together they are roughly 70% with roots 2-3% higher than Plant Growth). In the first phase in MSVA Plant Growth usually outperforms roots for me (all the cooldown reductions you get there enable PG spamming while you can't stack roots on a target).
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I don't even mess with cordon while archery. Sometimes it just doesn't crit even in their face.