test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Got turned into a chicken in PvP?

13»

Comments

• nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User

I'm making a voodoo doll of you right now.

I am SO happy I am not a dev :)
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    Easter Egg is Happy Surprises.
    Is the user Happy when they get turned into a chicken? The feedbacks certainly suggest NOT. This is a bad joke at best....

If the Weapon Set makes your toon 5 times bigger and increase power ny 10% from a rare random proc, players are likely HAPPY with the surprise, and would be happy to recognize that as a Easter Egg...

So far all I am getting from this thread is, this is a bad joke.
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Yeah I feel like the devs gave me a birthday cake that blew up in my face as I blew out the candles.... I don't see the humor is this.

Meanwhile class action lawsuit against 1800flowers for not stating their flowers would arrive in a box. (I didn't opt in but I got it in the mail)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    @chaidrin#2320 @nitocris83

How the hell does the Chicken Give you a chance to flee (your words) when you become slower and squishier then your regular tune I'm Calling this Avian Abuse ??? why not tell us the % chance then

so instead of being able to drink a potion or pop an artifact / health stone to help yourself when low you become useless ....

Your are only giving player pain and polarizing views that Cryptic wants to teach you a lesson why you should have grinding hundreds of Msva runs for the other (unbugged ) weapons and bought Keys lol

Yet another example of a Dev creating another annoying broken item / interaction in Pvp and not creating an alternate Pvp code for an alternative effect

And an annoying interaction in Pve that makes you lose/ Die / take a way from Party Roll so the group wipes It may as well turn you into a paper elemental

If you were so creative and thought yourself so funny why did you not make a few Random effects not just one so you can bother even more player ?

@nitocris83 said ....

"I believe the thought was that the chances of it happening were so slim that it didn't feel it would be a larger disruption. That being said, I did ask a Dev to come in and explain the situation since I did feel it warranted an official statement because I get how it could be disruptive to some."

so you admit its disruptive and to ... " some : what percent would you say "some" is then ?
    so the chance of it happening were Soooo Slim eh .....so if its so slim why not tell us the % chance then and stop the complaints cause its really rare and special to happen right ??

another Example of crypic the their (% chance wording instead of tell u..s and then the players having to go to preview server and test / waste their time ... its not like its super secret loot table % chance info ...

Just like lockboxes too you guys dont want to publish the loot distribution chance then some dude has to go to the preview server and open a few thousand and publish results anyways on the alt Neverwinter site that cant be named but the devs read anyways ... ...

WHAT IS THE PERCENTAGE CHANCE OF IT OCCURRING ? !!!!!!!!
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    kalina311 said:

@chaidrin#2320
    How the hell does the Chicken Give you a chance to flee (your words) when you become slower and squishier then your regular tune I'm Calling this Avian Abuse

so instead of being able to drink a potion or pop an artifact / health stone to help yourself when low you become useless ....

Your are only giving player pain and polarizing views that Cryptic wants to teach you a lesson why you should have grinding hundreds of Msva runs for the other (unbugged ) weapons and bought Keys lol

Yet another example of a Dev creating another annoying broken item / interaction in Pvp and not creating an alternate Pvp code for an alternative effect

And an annoying interaction in Pve that makes you lose/ Die / take a way from Party Roll so the group wipes It may as well turn you into a paper elemental

If you were so creative and thought yourself so funny why did you not make a few Random effects not just one so you can bother even more player ?

well slow down, i have those weapons and i do pvp. The effect is fun.
    btw the cons are too high. Damage immunity and speed highly increased is something i would be happy with when this joke rarely happens.
    otherwise like you said is a plain abuse.
    we are here giving feedback, not condemning fantasy
  • disposablehero#5903 disposablehero Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    The level of crying about this is amusing. This whole concept of a weapon with a hidden detrimental effect is not only HAMSTER awesome, it's true to the game's namesake. Think about that for a second. Did everyone forget that this is a D&D game?
    Dungeon Interior Coordinator for WAR-BOUND. <i class="Italic"></i>

PS4 characters:
    Brie Liadon, Shotgun Wizard
    Disposable Hero, Kidney removal technician
    Valorous Cake, Armored pastry defender
    Ginger Christ needs no introductions
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    i was full life when this happened just saying. THE result was : i couldnt help the guardian fighter fighting gf and gwf.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    see its bugged and not even procing on low health and they dont even want to tell us the % chance

would like to hear from the dev what your stats actually become in chicken form ???
  • toriofthehordetoriofthehorde Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Lmao!! That's funny <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>..but I'm sure u were shocked..I know I would be!! Hahaaa KFC all the way.. New toon name?? Haha
  • crollaxcrollax Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    same thing happened to me also a week ago and it was like 3 4 sec u can move but cant do anything
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    it can be a probelm in PVE against bosses but it looks like PVP weapon.
    allmost all PC PVP players use it now
    i dont see how 10% more damage against players with shield will help you in PVE.
    the ilusions dont last long but its very usefull in PVP.

might be nice easter egg, i prefer to give it some time.
  • faredawg1faredawg1 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    This happens to me on my Rogue very rarely but always in the exact same spot using a specific attack. In PF, the first encounter is with 3 Illusionists guarding the portal entry. I always use Deft Strike on the middle Illusionist as my first attack. When it happens, it happens on that first attack, when I have 100% health. When I farm PF on x2 Refinement weekends, I noticed it happened about every 10 runs. I do use the Mirage Weapon Set. But I am at full health when it happens, not low health. I have a screen shot on my computer, but do not know how to share it here.
    edited April 2021

I think you're not looking at it from a PvPer's perspective, where this has primarily been happening.

CM Julia:
    I believe the thought was that the chances of it happening were so slim that it didn't feel it would be a larger disruption. That being said, I did ask a Dev to come in and explain the situation since I did feel it warranted an official statement because I get how it could be disruptive to some.

Personal Opinion Julia:
    Overall, to me, the humor of it outweighs the outliers and I hope others can see it too. Easter Eggs have always been a part of MMOs and as a player, I would hope Devs feel encouraged to continue putting them in the game.
    Since there is no "Disagree" button, I wanted to make sure you knew that I do not agree. I hope the Devs are DISCOURAGED from doing harmful things like this in the future as well as removing this from the game. That's just my opinion, not to disparage anyone else's opinion, but to make clear that my opinion is this doesn't belong in the game, but specifically when it's not noted anywhere. This game's transparency policy is horrendous.