test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

new belts and cloaks

rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
anyone with access to a stronghold in preview shard can check what is needed to obtain these new items? thanks

Comments

• wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    There will be new items?
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

There will be new items?

On preview, there'll be Masterwork items with unique stats, such as having ability scores on the neck pieces.

Last I checked, I think there was a neck with WIS/DEX and Power/Crit/something. I'm no HR expert, but I hear that'll be pretty interesting for the Trappers out there.

That's interesting. If there will be such neck piece then I don't see any current set working better for HR. Orcus is quite situational, Losty is a meh option and Dex belt seem to be most stable and suitable to all situations.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I did not see ability scores on the neck pieces, but did on the belts.

Edit: just saw in another unnamed site the trinkets you speak of. Company cloaks and belts.
    Post edited by niadan on
  • issssshoisssssho Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

There will be new items?

On preview, there'll be Masterwork items with unique stats, such as having ability scores on the neck pieces.

Last I checked, I think there was a neck with WIS/DEX and Power/Crit/something. I'm no HR expert, but I hear that'll be pretty interesting for the Trappers out there.
    By far gonna be BIS neck for trappers lowering difference other classes make with orcus set to near 1-2%
    With great power comes great electricity bill.

THC
    http://www.theholycrusaders.com/
  • dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Does the new masterwork armor have the same stat combinations as the old masterwork armor?
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
    edited April 2017

Okay... I was a "bit" wrong with the stats... but the Dex on the cloak makes it really nice, right?

Also, apparently, @jaegernl found news of the Greater Ability Score Belts (Dex Belt, Con Belt, Str belt, etc.) having a set bonus. I decided to check out preview on his word, and lo and behold, he's right.

I scoured preview for what the Protector's cloak mentioned in the tooltip.

'm guessing that's a hint changes to the Protector's Julibee event. As well as the new artifact being tied to new wave of "gimmick" gear items (ex: Survivor's Wraps or the Lifesilk Spinneret). That's my guess.

EDIT: The Cragmire Artifact is one of the Lantern, Waters, or the Aurora's Catalogue, thanks to Yarrdog below for pointing this out!

@dmcewen, here's the Masterwork v2 coat as an example, on my poor HR. I would assume the stat allocation is the same as current Masterwork gear.
    Post edited by rjc9000 on

• yarddog27yarddog27 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    My suspicion is that the Cragmire artifact will be any one of the 3 you get from questing. The lantern, waters, or Aurora Catalogue.
    edited April 2017
    yarddog27 said:

My suspicion is that the Cragmire artifact will be any one of the 3 you get from questing. The lantern, waters, or Aurora Catalogue.

Good point, I'll check out preview right now.

EDIT:

Yep, just as you thought.

edited April 2017
    @rjc9000 Thank you. The cloak of the protector has the following Stats at legendary: 3,383 hp, 530 power, 530 recovery and 530 deflection. It doesn't have AC or AP gain on it from the picture that was posted.

It's not letting me post the tooltip and I can't name the source here, sorry.
    Duelist cloak looks nice. It will give a nice boost to damage and crit because of attributes. I wonder what are the stats of the waist. What we look at will be a really good buff to our stats. The coat looks freaking awesome. The stats are amazing. I wonder how hard it will be to get it cause I really don't know anything about masterwork.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    what is the cloak of the protector I wonder..

anyone have a tooltip for that?
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User

Well, that is not bad, I guess. Thought I heard Item Level was going away.

Everything above is interesting. I like the Company Duelist. The bonuses make you look hard at the bottom line.

Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon

what is the cloak of the protector I wonder..

anyone have a tooltip for that?

I have no hard evidence, but from going off speculation, I would cry if the Protector's cloak refers to that purple piece of garbage you get from Lord whatshisface when you hit level 70 (and seriously, with the new Company Gear, there's no reason to use that starting cloak).

Well, that is not bad, I guess. Thought I heard Item Level was going away.

Everything above is interesting. I like the Company Duelist. The bonuses make you look hard at the bottom line.
    Ilvl isn't going away, it's being reworked so the whales can work to improve their epeen level harder Itemlevel is a more accurate reflection of your character's level of power.

edited April 2017
  • lightaven#8333 lightaven Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Thank you for posting pictures of the cloak. Those stats are very underwhelming. It definitely needs a buff. 3k hp does not compare to the mitigation of 8 AC against the current pve damage nor the utility of 4 AP per 3 seconds. Also, the power stat is only 530 vs the usual 846 on cloaks.

Are there any alternatives to the cloak by chance?
    Where do you get the Cloak of the Protector?

@rjc9000 not sure, found it browsing the internet.
  • jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Where do you get the Cloak of the Protector?

I believe it's from the new lockbox, but this is just something I think I remember from something @flensburger99 said.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
    edited April 2017
    Anyway, with it becoming so much easier to get to 100% crit through gear alone, even in the current mod, rolling a HR with the highest possible Dex rating - 18 + 2 through Racial Bonus - becomes a lot more interesting than the standard 16/16/12 roll.

A lot of the current gear comes with Power/Crit already, so in the future we might not even have to rely on Wisdom to 'fill up' our Crit rating. Something to consider might be a Dex/Cha bias - as we wont need Wisdom to fill up Crit to 100% - to maximize +%dmg and +%CAdamage from CHA, as a lot of us will be running Aspect of the Pack.

We could take an 18/13/13/10/10/8 roll, and assuming we chose a race with a +2 into Dexterity, we'll be rocking a 20 dexterity base roll. +7 through leveling, +1 with campfire, we'll be at 28. Add a Greater Belt - 32 Dex - and the new cloak - 34 dex - and we're looking at something glorious.

If we assume a CHA roll of 10, we can add +7 through leveling, putting us at 17. 19 if we chose Halfling. 20 with Campfire buff.

Of course, this is just a bit of exploration. If we still need to sacrifice too much power for crit, this is probably moot. But I think it's something worth exploring. I'll go do my usual Preview thing and see if this is viable.
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
    edited April 2017
    The previous was written from a Trapper's perspective, by the way. A Combat HR - running Skirmisher's Gambit - will obviously have a harder time reaching that 100% crit rating, as he or she will need another +4000 crit rating, give or take, to get there.

Following up on that come a lot more difficult questions like whether or not to stack HP to increase Aura of Courage damage - as AoC depends on *your* HP, not that of the Paladin - and if that stacking of HP doesn't get in the way of certain stat building or mount insignias - Assassin's comes to mind - to get the most out of our Hunter Rangers. But I think those questions deserve a topic of their own - a kind of min/maxing math wizardry topic - that's beyond the scope of this topic.
    @jaegernl Definately interesting topics, never really thought about hp vs def.
  • davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    On the PvP side HP tops Def. With 200K+ HP, its easier to solo the LM scorps, dragon, Shores boss.
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • issssshoisssssho Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User
    PVe wise for trappers company duelist cloak will become BIS item since compared to lostmauth neck that most use atm changes following :
    - lostmauth neck - 846 power, 530 crit, 530 arm. pen.
    - company duelist cloak - 2wis, 2 dex, 846 power, 530 life steal, 530 deflection
    Meaning following : 2 wis provides 2% crit bonus which is stat wise 800 crit stat + 2 dex which is 2% more dmg (in early n mid game thats 800 power, in end game its even more), 1060 defensive stat is additional 106 power gained with assassins covenant.
    So by switching you lose 530 armor pen, while you gain ~2,2% more base damage (906++ power), 800 crit, 477 life steal and 477 deflect more.
    Personally in end game this is really nice bonus and I see no reason for it personally (balance wise) but I guess more damage is always nice
    With great power comes great electricity bill.

THC
    http://www.theholycrusaders.com/
    edited April 2017
    What is needed to purchase the company duelist cloak? I'm assuming it purchased because it binds on pickup.
    dmcewen said:

What is needed to purchase the company duelist cloak? I'm assuming it purchased because it binds on pickup.

It's 7000 Guild Marks on Preview, last I checked.

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Screw it, I'm gonna stick orcus in the bank, and level the dex/wis neck, and call it good.
    No idea what my toon is now.
    jonkoca said:

Screw it, I'm gonna stick orcus in the bank, and level the dex/wis neck, and call it good.

Not planning to join the Combat SW mob rekting train?

Because I hear Orcus is pretty good for that.

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Actually, given loadouts, guess I could do both. Argh rp grind is grindy.
    No idea what my toon is now.
    Looking at just the numbers, I don't think orcus set will outperform the dex belt + company duelist cloak for trapper or combat. Maybe if the fix the orcus set to work with all of the powers that combat Hrs use but we all know that isn't going to happen.