test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Has anyone noticed an increase in R5 drops in RD?

litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
As compared to other zones prior to the Mod 11 launch, that is...

Comments

• Options
    xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Yes, I had the same impression that r5 were dropping more there. Same with Priceless Platinum Bowls and Jeweled Platinum Statuettes.
  • Options
    waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    The priceless bowl drop rate has been increased to balance the gambist gauntlets for those who use them :smiley:
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    What's up with the gauntlets? Either this is a jest, or I missed the memo... again. :smile:
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Those gauntlets make you bleed gold.

As for what mobs drop, RD just has a really high ratio of brute mobs to minion mobs, and brutes drop more loot per kill.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User

Those gauntlets make you bleed gold.

As for what mobs drop, RD just has a really high ratio of brute mobs to minion mobs, and brutes drop more loot per kill.

You may be right here Becky (as usual). Anyway the drop rate is definitely up, no questions.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    In a spawn of adventurers, everything is using a brute template. In most other groups of mobs, at least half of them are. All the dryads, fell troll, nothic, bulette, gorgon, corrupt adventurers, eldritch knights, golems... tons of mobs.

Minion types are limited to the spiders and pseudodragons, eyeballs and plaguechanged raider, and weaker archons. Proportionately, there aren't that many of them compared to other zones. Nasher/merc groups have similar ratios and so do the undead and kobold enemies you can find in dig sites. Things like fighting multiple zombie hulks or wights at once instead of only one or two strong ones and the rest of the spawn being rotters or skeletons.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Strangely enough I've been getting a small number of rank 4 drops from level 72 and 73 mobs. This started some time around mod 11 or maybe a bit after.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    When minions drop an enchant, there's a decent chance it'll be a rank 4.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Strangely, certain mobs in the River district make my Quartermasters drop the White bag...
  • Options

Strangely, certain mobs in the River district make my Quartermasters drop the White bag...

I haven't run into that. Bag quality is by mob level. I get white bags if the QM procs off something that gets in the way when sent to Blacklake by Bruenor.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

I haven't run into that. Bag quality is by mob level. I get white bags if the QM procs off something that gets in the way when sent to Blacklake by Bruenor.
    I know, but since the new mod my OP has done River District and the weeklies (excluding WoD), I have 7 White and a Green - and I know I saw White dropping into my inventory whilst in RD.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I don't doubt it, just wonder where you're finding the underlevel mobs. If it's a bugged spawn or what.

Neverwinter Census 2017