test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Temptation Warlock. Ideas for rework,

hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
edited March 2017 in The Nine Hells
Hello everyone.

Now firstly before starting read this thread/post I want to clear some stuffs.
Firstly most of changes I will focus on temptation HB, but some shared powers also I will mention in this post.

Next, all my suggestions are not to make templock overpowered or attempt to kill DC/OP classes in favor for templock.
And third, its gona be wall of words. :P

------------------------

Now firstly before we start about changes we should know/decide temptations warlock role within group. @denvald suggested split warlock paragon paths in to DPS and supporter. Which eventually is DC's ripoff. And I am not for it.

Now my idea is make temptation warlock more areal/field supporter. While keeping DC as more single party focused. THe idea came from my older played games. There where class called Overlord. Which buff all allies who are in his range radius. And also have areal debuffing.
Temptation path have aura of despair and cruelty, which is areal effect. Also Dark revelry, soul breaker and compound soul are areal buffs too.

So my ideas are mostly to make temptation warlock areal supporter, which would shine in larger fight (tiamat, e/nDemo, bHe's, DF, ect), While keeping DC more for single party, with his daily AoE buffing capabilities.

Before start with feats. There are some other powers which I would like to suggest for rework.

Vampiric embrace -
The power and it's mechanic is not bad. But it's dependence of dmg make it hard to get proper healing with it. Mostly it's require big arp.
So there are couple options how make it viable.
1) boost up dmg, or restore Soul Bonding feat as where in mod 4, which healed everyone by 200% of VE dealt damage.
2) Add Damage resist ignorance feature. Thats mean power itself would ignore DR/tenacity.
Because now in pvp it's total useless. Tenacity provide arp resist so without 8k arp it's not even worth to try use it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HB's hellish rebuke.

A lot of you would wondering whats problem with this power.

Well I still do think that Hellish rebuke should receive same mechanic as CW's master of flames> Scorching Burst
By changing way how apply Hellish rebuke to Scorching Burst, Furry SW will get higher dmg performance due Gatekeepers Empowerment.
And temptation finally could properly apply Hellish condemnation debuff. Which with current HR is just mouse torment.

> Scorching Burst do, Hold button down to increase the radius. And this part we need, all other dmg related factors we don't need.
Now possible interaction.
After you charge up and hit area, you just apply Hellish rebuke, no other things happens, its just work as is now. Same dmg dealing way.
Furry> gatekeeper empowerment increase DoT as it do now. Thats mean no changes would be required.
Temptation> hellish condemnation > Targets affected by your Hellish Rebuke atwill deal 1/2/3/4/5% less damage.
Thats mean by changing mechanic how apply Hellish rebuke warlock increase performance.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Infernal spheres

@amenar, did great job. But this power still is far from useful.

I still do think this power should work as utility.

Now you summon spheres, when enemy hit you, one sphere hit enemy, and by dealt dmg restore warlock HP. Now, Dmg dealt by sphere is low, = low HP restoration . Not mentioned enemy with slap take 70% you HP, and you send 1 sphere with take ~1% his HP. Thats silly.

My suggestion that spheres have 2 modes, 1) defensive, 2)offensive.

1)
You summon infernal spheres in their defensive mode.
Each sphere provide x flat amount shield, which absorbs incoming damage >> Barkshield enchant mechanic.
After absorbing incoming hit, sphere expires. Spheres regenerates itself by x second interval. If all spheres are consumed in fight, power goes to cool down.
Note>spheres don't hit, don't do dmg at all. Its as CW's barrier.

2) After summoning Infernal spheres, player hit spheres encounter again, Which convert spheres to offensive mode.
Offensive mode = active, seek enemies, hit back attacker. Apply lesser curse.
Now I would love to return back old infernal spheres feature to hit hidden targets.

Note> Spheres will seek out foes who are within 30' of the warlock. As old mechanic did, but release only 1 sphere per 1.8s.

Note2> possible options to add random minor debuffing elements as>slow, stun.
After all spheres spent power goes to cool down mode.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Curse bite
The power since warlocks introduction mod4, where useless and still remain that.
The main reason is that, fully dependence on curse/lesser curse. And dmg itself is just bad.

Possible changes

1) curse bite dmg increased by 30%, extra receive Murderous flames like feature which make him AoE
2) curse bite dmg boost up 30%, add chance stun enemies...

3) cut this power from game. its horrible.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Wraith shadow.

Kinda nice power, yet to much ceremonies for getting 2s immobility effect.

1)
Suggestion> when warlock hit enemy with wraith shadow, it expand instantly, and slow down enemies in it's effect area and dealing reduced DoT.

If hitting enemy affected by curse/lesser currse/TC> enemy or enemies inside WS got debuffed> their outgoing damage reduced by current Wraith Shadow value.

2) wraith shadow work as spider web, same mechanic as ones shoot Syndrith High Priestess of Lolth in eToS.

Thats mean you hit target, and upon hitting him spider web expand, and slow down enemies, + reduce enemies outgoing dmg.
If target where affecter by TC, curse/lesser curse, spider web drain their HP(DoT) which restore caster health.

note> in suggestion 1 and 2. animations remain as current WS is, same goes for damage reduction values.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hand of Blight

In close range this power should deal at least x2 more dmg than in range. To be worth go in hand2hand fight with enemies.
Possible feature> shred part of enemies damage resist... :)

---------------------------------------------------

feats.

-----------------------
Current.
Compounded Soul - Striking Cursed foes has a chance to grant 1/2/3/4/5% of the Warlock's Max HP as Temporary Hit Points to allies near the Warlock.

Suggestion: Striking cursed/lesser curse affected foes has chance to grant shields, by ~10% of max warlocks HP.

Effect similar to DC's Warding Flare. Which grant shield and give shield for temporally time.
Why do that. Well temp HP is OK, but don't give damage resist. Thats mean even if you have large HP pool and don't have decent Damage reduction you lose anyways.. You can have million HP, but if you can't can't survive impact then it's useless.

------------------------------------------

Aura of Despair > boost up its current value from ~5% to up 10%. (2% per rank).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

soon will be more...
========================================================================
“The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================

Comments

• Options
    toxicophiloustoxicophilous Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I find my healing output is adequate but more buff/debuff on the feats & encounters is totally needed. Vamp embrace; yep, it's lame. I try use it sometimes when I try and tank things for the temp hp, but it just doesn't work well. Also maybe expand that temp hp to party on curse consume? And yes piercing damage.

Compounded soul is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, I stick a point into it to help proc others' abilities like conqueror gf damage feat, etc. So yes more hp or shields/defence or deflect buff.

Soul breaker doesnt seem to move the needle enough for me with ap gain as it is now. Id rather see a flat aureal ap gain or damage increase.

Vengeful curse sucks. It sucks. Give me anything else. Please.

Eldritch momentum.... meh I'm not sure what to do with it but I don't like it. Aureal stam gain? :D
  • Options

I find my healing output is adequate but more buff/debuff on the feats & encounters is totally needed. Vamp embrace; yep, it's lame. I try use it sometimes when I try and tank things for the temp hp, but it just doesn't work well. Also maybe expand that temp hp to party on curse consume? And yes piercing damage.

Compounded soul is HAMSTER, I stick a point into it to help proc others' abilities like conqueror gf damage feat, etc. So yes more hp or shields/defence or deflect buff.

Soul breaker doesnt seem to move the needle enough for me with ap gain as it is now. Id rather see a flat aureal ap gain or damage increase.

Vengeful curse sucks. It sucks. Give me anything else. Please.

Eldritch momentum.... meh I'm not sure what to do with it but I don't like it. Aureal stam gain? :D

Good, now you wrote problems..
    But perhaps u have ideas how u would change some of powers.. ? :)

Anyways first my post is still kinda messy, didn't had a lot of free time, so I wrote them, and it's more like draft,..

Latter I will rewrite them, so it would not look so chaotic, and also clear why I suggest these changes and etc.. :)
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Those changes are freaking awesome ! I wished you were a dev :p
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• Options

Those changes are freaking awesome ! I wished you were a dev :p

I think it's is better that I am not part of developer team. Or you would cursing me nonstop for years. :)
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    I'm going to be very straight about it, forget it, i don't think anything will be done about temptation in at least 2 years, the best option is accept the owlbear cub and build the most power possible and least crit.

• Options

I'm going to be very straight about it, forget it, i don't think anything will be done about temptation in at least 2 years, the best option is accept the owlbear cub and build the most power possible and least crit.

Perhaps it will, perhaps it will not. But, unlike previous modules, warlocks population is increasing, thus also increasing templocks population, and thats eventually brings developers attention.
    More players complain = more attention.
    Less players complain = less attention = no changes.

Templock haven't receive any changes because it where abandoned not only by developers, but because players forgot this build.
    And since no one play, why developers would had spent time for it? So they did just usual way. They focusing on more active matters. But now it's different situation. From mod 10.5 to current mod 11 SW population increased, also increased temptation warlocks population.

Why I made this thread. Well to hear other temptation players feedback. hear what they think could make templock viable. But also I want to make sure it would not be just another DC ripoff as lot of guys want. Or more precise broken DC's powers.

Also this thread is just to have database of collective ideas of templocks changes suggestions.
    And like if happened that developers decide to do some reworks, we could present this list of changes. And avoid possible scenario like> We ask extra survivability/dmg reduction ability, they give extra 5% temp HP. Which in real fight situation is nothing.

As for owlbear and full power. I don't think it is wise to put all faith on owlbear cub companion.. Because if some adjustments will happens to companion = whole build collapse.

I have this owlbear cub companion, but I also have dread enchant. You would say that is bad, but, if happens that player have more CHA as I do > 32 + 3 charisma belt, it;s better to have mixture set up. So u could get advantage of both sides.

My power set for most of time is same.
    BoVa + PoP + fiery bolt (full aoe). So, BoVa get benefits from companion when land non crit, but also get benefit if land crit due dread enchant.. Same goes for fiery bolt.
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    HB Templock is handy in lot´s of situations but would be from more interest if he could navigate a groups through endcontent. For that he needs either options to mitigate incoming damage to some degree or spend a constant temp HP ... like that.
    The HPS is insane, the dps is cut in half or worse. I can go through all dungeons until I meet endcontent, mSP, FBI and mSVA can´t be done smoothly without a DC.

At better gear I definitely would stick with 100% crit + owlbear.
    If you run BovA and DT and PoP all time at low crit/high power it might be the way to go, but I doubt you will beat a high crit build by that on same GS at all.
    At 100% crit all your powers deal > double damage , HR deals pretty high crits on singlemob also. In terms of dps crit >power I would say.
    And I do not like to be forced to use only those two encounter due to a companion proc. DT/BoVA are unhandy in many situations like bossfights, trash in FBI mSP and more.
    I know DT is a good buff , but I only used it frequently being Soulbinder to regenerate sparks. I loose too much time and dps by running that encounter exclusivley to buff my group for 8 seconds.
    Btw Feytouched is a very good alternative to Vorp (18% vs about 24% dps) and buffs IC on top. It buffs also At Wills compared to Dread and spends a nice debuff on top.
    Dread misses owlbear and At wills, wich is a big part of your damage.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    edited March 2017

HB Templock is handy in lot´s of situations but would be from more interest if he could navigate a groups through endcontent. For that he needs either options to mitigate incoming damage to some degree or spend a constant temp HP ... like that.

The HPS is insane, the dps is cut in half or worse. I can go through all dungeons until I meet endcontent, mSP, FBI and mSVA can´t be done smoothly without a DC.

At better gear I definitely would stick with 100% crit + owlbear.

If you run BovA and DT and PoP all time at low crit/high power it might be the way to go, but I doubt you will beat a high crit build by that on same GS at all.

At 100% crit all your powers deal > double damage , HR deals pretty high crits on singlemob also. In terms of dps crit >power I would say.

And I do not like to be forced to use only those two encounter due to a companion proc. DT/BoVA are unhandy in many situations like bossfights, trash in FBI mSP and more.

I know DT is a good buff , but I only used it frequently being Soulbinder to regenerate sparks. I loose too much time and dps by running that encounter exclusivley to buff my group for 8 seconds.

Btw Feytouched is a very good alternative to Vorp (18% vs about 24% dps) and buffs IC on top. It buffs also At Wills compared to Dread and spends a nice debuff on top.

Dread misses owlbear and At wills, wich is a big part of your damage.

As I wrote in first my post, I think temptation warlock should be more areal/field supporter with certain options.. Now mostly players want damage mitigations. And quality is desired that incoming dmg would be adjusted to point that healing potions usage could cover HP lack or Life steal mechanic.. Thats mean with buffs on, players would receive minimal incoming dmg, and could care less about dodging.. So mostly player want Paladins burble v2 and DC"s AA (prior rework).

Now My proposal is slightly different. I suggested to boost up aura of despair from ~5% to ~10% enemies dmg reduction.
    Now this is aura = areal/field debuffing which work instantly regardless if templock using any powers or not..

Now add Compounded Soul = which by suggestion >
    Suggestion: Striking cursed/lesser curse affected foes has chance to grant shield to allies , by ~10% of max warlocks HP.
    Effect similar to DC's Warding Flare. Which grant shield and give shield for temporally time.

Thats mean, this combo feats would give some damage reduction = players survive incoming hit, and even if they lose 70% after impact, they would be healed due Soul Bonding feat.

So thats mean healers viable once again, and thus also prevent from templock becoming overpowered in term of buffing/debuffing and leaving DC viable too.
    Thats mean neither DC neither Templock must die as supporter class in favor for other..

Now I also didn't mentioned that my suggested Hellish rebuke mechanic changing to AoE would give even extra dmg reduction.

Also I still do have some ideas about aura of cruality rework and soul breaker..... But as always I want to make sure that changes would not kill other classes viability...
    ========================================

Now as for gear,, I think it's foolish to stick with focused crit or power builds..

Now with power focused build = having high non crit dmg. Lower crit chance , but when you land crit = epic high dmg output.
    With crit based = higher chance to land crit, but based non crit dmg itself is lower.

It;s remind me one of my older played game >Cabal Online<
    There where class force shielder, Base dmg HAMSTER, but had higher chance crit and also crit dmg boosting.
    Other class warrior (GWF) high non crit/base dmg but low crit chance...

So shielder can compete against warrior by hitting crit hits more often. But, when warrior land crit = devastation.

Why do I mentioned that game? Well it's same situation with SW crit and power builds..
    If u have focused on crit = having lower base non crit dmg. And eve if u have like 100k dmg output.
    While non crit have 80k dmg output. Just wait till he do land crit, his dmg would be way above 120k.

So keeping balanced set up is better...

Same goes with weapon enchants,, lot of guys picking Dread only for SB, and claiming that Vorp is better for HB. Well it's better because it buff crit dmg regardless if u using daily power, at will or encounter.

While dread buff crit dmg only when using encounter.. However, dread introduce debuff + DoT<. + it deal dmg based by percentage of your weapon power/dmg.

If want to have decent dmg with vorp = crit based build = owlbear cub giving less benefits...

So far I using greater dread, using BoVa, pop, fb, HG, Wb, and don't have problem with powers cool down.. They are way shorter than they where in mod 9..

As for fey, well I am not very fammilar with that enchant, but from testings which I did couple hours ago in preview.. Well I didn't liked it. or simply it didn't fit my gamplay.. :P And I still do think Lightning is now current meta for warlocks.. It give u chance to have decent AoE capabilities and on top trancend ranked enchant also increase 30% dmg to single target because there is nowhere to chain dmg..

But thats my opinion.. :)
    Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Players never left temptation, keep an eye for beginners SW in pe with aura of cruelty, there are lots of them, the will is there, the content is not.

Prior to temptation warlock changes are game changes, with a bigger focus in boons and life steal.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    mSP can be done with a templock solo I am sure, not that comfortable, but it is possible.
    Most run 2xDC (AA+DO) due to buffs, but doing random runs you have issues to get any grop together, hard to find any tank atm.

...the best option is accept the owlbear cub and build the most power possible and least crit.

@treesclimber - I don´t think so- you have to run 24/7 with Bova+DT for multiprocs, but even doing so you will have issues to counter a critbuild.
    My buffed power solo is about 76k (100%crit) atm. At 115% critseverity you gain 115% + damage on a crit, right?
    based on my 76k power you need 133.294 power "on top", to equal the damage my critting encounter/At Will/Daily deals for 115% plus damage on a non-crit (if I put those number correct).
    That´s 209.294 power in the sum, can´t tell what a powerbuild is able to stack though but gl getting there ....
    If you take a Dreadenchant and hit 180% critseverity by that you need 208.634,5 plus power (on top of that 76000) to equal that 180% +crit .... that´s 284.634,5 power in a hole btw., maybe you get up to 100k by putting radiants in every slot and every pocket you wear :)
    I insist on the proven theory: Crit > Power (till you hit 100%)
    Maybe we should do a temptation run together, me 100% crit you as a powerbuild, adjusted gear provided, to get this answered.

While dread buff crit dmg only when using encounter.. However, dread introduce debuff + DoT<. + it deal dmg based by percentage of your weapon power/dmg.

If want to have decent dmg with vorp = crit based build = owlbear cub giving less benefits...

So far I using greater dread, using BoVa, pop, fb, HG, Wb, and don't have problem with powers cool down.. They are way shorter than they where in mod 9..

As for fey, well I am not very fammilar with that enchant, but from testings which I did couple hours ago in preview.. Well I didn't liked it. or simply it didn't fit my gamplay.. :P And I still do think Lightning is now current meta for warlocks.. It give u chance to have decent AoE capabilities and on top trancend ranked enchant also increase 30% dmg to single target because there is nowhere to chain dmg..

But thats my opinion..</p>

At 115% critseverity the dealt damage "100" will be a "215" crit.
    With a vorp you deal 265% (50/215)+ 23%, with a T feytouched it is +18%, with a Dread it´s 35% (75/215) on encounter plus a 4%+4% DR debuff (pretty nice), but you miss that HellishRebuke, Owlbear and Dailies (TC, GoH etc), wich is a big part of the damage normally.
    In the end you can use all of them being a critbuild, Fey is the go for the powerbuilds for sure. I even run it at 100% crit. The performance compared to p Vorp is near equal I would say (23% vs. 18%+"buffed owlbear"+debuff).
    Never tested my T Dread with the HB-temp so far but I am not that sure a debuff + buffed encounter can overweight the buffed Dailies, At Wills from vorp/Fey (Owlbear)

Fey buffs owlbear and it spends a debuff on mobs/bosses , you are significantly more tanky.
    Being a lowcrit-build and stack CA-advantage on top you can do "ok" because it´s a direct dps increase on non crits.
    1% CA-Bonus= about 1% damageincrease (Char, companion, stats, boon) - on non crits ( CA provided).
    Can´t tell about Lightning.
    Fey is nice for SB as it spends 14 sparks on a crit HG (like old lolset).... but Dread wins the race for SB I am 100% sure -the debuff is pretty good (8%) and the encounter are buffed significantly more.

• Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Mmm, Infantile compensation and pillar of power are 75% of my damage at the moment.
    Who cares about DPS if you are a temptlock. I agree with @bloodyspamer , support is more important, that's why I always run Dreadtheft. Adding DPS to the real dpsers is much better than trying to crank up 25% of mine.
    We only need some more party-wide mitigation and some extra buffs.
    I definitely like Fey for the debuff on bosses
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options

At 115% critseverity the dealt damage "100" will be a "215" crit.
    With a vorp you deal 265% (50/215)+ 23%, with a T feytouched it is +18%, with a Dread it´s 35% (75/215) on encounter plus a 4%+4% DR debuff (pretty nice), but you miss that HellishRebuke, Owlbear and Dailies (TC, GoH etc), wich is a big part of the damage normally.
    In the end you can use all of them being a critbuild, Fey is the go for the powerbuilds for sure. I even run it at 100% crit. The performance compared to p Vorp is near equal I would say (23% vs. 18%+"buffed owlbear"+debuff).
    Never tested my T Dread with the HB-temp so far but I am not that sure a debuff + buffed encounter can overweight the buffed Dailies, At Wills from vorp/Fey (Owlbear)

Fey buffs owlbear and it spends a debuff on mobs/bosses , you are significantly more tanky.
    Being a lowcrit-build and stack CA-advantage on top you can do "ok" because it´s a direct dps increase on non crits.
    1% CA-Bonus= about 1% damageincrease (Char, companion, stats, boon) - on non crits ( CA provided).
    Can´t tell about Lightning.
    Fey is nice for SB as it spends 14 sparks on a crit HG (like old lolset).... but Dread wins the race for SB I am 100% sure -the debuff is pretty good (8%) and the encounter are buffed significantly more.

Well Dread I picked because I don't want focus more on crit, due having Owlbear cub. Now also we should count one important thing.. I am temptation warlock not furry. Thats mean to deal biggest dmg is not what I am after. Dread is good because due debuff + I have NoPity, NoMercy class feature + arti feature> 5% DR reduction. On Top as I wrote countless times I use BoVa + PoP in most cases. And fiery bolt if need clean trashes. Thats mean BoVa and PoP are more DoT powers,

PoP = non cirt so vorp enchant don't give any benefit.
    BoVa = one moment crit, next moment non crit hit. So When non crit = owlbear take his part. When crit dread kicks in.. On top add DoT which goes well with other DoTs(hellish rebuke + greater red/black dragon glyphs.)
    And fiery bolt is burst power = if land crit = dread give effect, if non crit = owlbear..
    And since my gameplay is mostly around AoE< I need continious life stealing up + due DoT dark Revelry also stay up for 80% of fight time.

Also need to say that, when I fight I utilize PoP not as buff only.. I try use it as Dmg power. Thats mean I need less crit to make sure owlbear do dmg.. But to stay with power build also not an option because NoPity. NoMercy on crit give u combat advantage which add extra dmg...
    By using even outdated NWO Wiki > Combat Advantage increases damage dealt by basic attacks by 15% and is increased by Combat Advantage Bonus Rating.

I can agree that vorp is great for furry, but I don't really think its so great for templock..

AS for lightning, well their prices in auction houses risen x3 times after mod 11 release.. Pure and trancend lightning is outstanding. Because it best for AoE fights, and if happens u stay in 1vs1 scenario it still add extra 30% dmg because there are nowhere link chain dmg. Plus encounter cool down are shorter..
    Now lets say you are furry> hit with TC >HG>WB>DT whatever<. Not only due DT you spread dmg to everyone, due lightning enchant 100% chain x3 times dmg. = you covering all area with own hits = apply lesser curse and due Infernal Wrath>Your Lesser Curse also causes the target to have 1/2/3/4/5% less Damage Resistance.< and add creeping death. So it's win win win case. And idea that SW is only good in single target elimination becomes myth.. :P

In other words lightning give ability to achieve same effect as you would use old Tyranical Threat daily power before it's rework.
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options

Mmm, Infantile compensation and pillar of power are 75% of my damage at the moment.

Who cares about DPS if you are a temptlock. I agree with @bloodyspamer , support is more important, that's why I always run Dreadtheft. Adding DPS to the real dpsers is much better than trying to crank up 25% of mine.

We only need some more party-wide mitigation and some extra buffs.

I definitely like Fey for the debuff on bosses

I think it's more like to find good balance between dps and supporting group. Templock is neither furry(dps) neither buffer. It's in middle of them. So thats why usual fury gameplay can't be apply, because u are partly supporter.. But unlike DC u have decent dmg output so staying out of fight also is not an option...
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    @bloodyspamer i spent several hours trying exclusive power build + owlbear cub, if you put everything in a bag (team support, survival and DPS) in all stages of a temptation warlock owlbear cub will be superior to a crit build, in terms of balance is the 10kg weight in the 1kg balance.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    My DPS vs another striker is inferior, but far away from bad. Last mSP i run it ended at paingiver. I am 1/3 below an average GWF.
    I double OP's HPS. In static fights i drop of a bit.
    Templock is a Striker with some buff abilities, dps=hps.
    If you retreat on being a buffer exclusively by dealing low dps I doubt, that this should considered to be the one and only way.
    70% of dealt DPS due to a companion= lol :)
    Forced to run BovA+DT all time...hmmm
    If you would have read the numbers I pointed at, you would understand why crit is an important stat.
    But i do prefer comparing this theory in live, that's why i suggested to do an FBI or mSP together @treesclimber, since I may be wrong.
  • Options

@bloodyspamer i spent several hours trying exclusive power build + owlbear cub, if you put everything in a bag (team support, survival and DPS) in all stages of a temptation warlock owlbear cub will be superior to a crit build, in terms of balance is the 10kg weight in the 1kg balance.

My DPS vs another striker is inferior, but far away from bad. Last mSP i run it ended at paingiver. I am 1/3 below an average GWF.

If you retreat on being a buffer exclusively by dealing low dps I doubt, that this should considered to be the one and only way.

If you would have read the numbers I pointed at, you would understand why crit is an important stat.

But i do prefer comparing this theory in live, that's why i suggested to do an FBI or mSP together @treesclimber, since I may be wrong.

So then we have situation. @treesclimber , power focused, @schietindebux , crit based, And me as guy who have build in middle.. :P

Now just remind for you two what I have wrote before.. highest dmg output is not what I am after. That I leave for furry and damnation.. :)
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    Your concept, running Dread with a mediocre critrate is not that bad btw.
  • Options

I'm not running temptation anymore, as much as i like it there is no point for it in the majority of cases, i am running damnation with a Plague fire(for the uncaped debuff affecting puppet as well), since we have access to mirage weapons i'm going for them and of o decide to go back with bondings a paranoid delusion, the combination of all seems very cool. Anyway, my point is i would have to spend a lot of ad to give a good comparison test, AD i don't have right now.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Doesn't matter, in the end temp can be build in different ways, i prefer to run it as a DPS with buffs to contribute damage to the group+big heals.
    I specced into temptation, because mSP is a dungeon where a temptation is not useless.
  • Options
    I'll go to mSP with my temptation SW from tomorrow. Let's see how it works.
    I have about 55℅ crit so I'm pretty much in the middle.
  • Options

It's not like I picked dread just for this build.. When I obtained dread I didn't had Owlbear cub companion.

Also, if I have based on crit build I lose some part of power, and also I could had to give up part of ArP which for templock is crucial element for healing. So I decide not go with Vorp for this reason. Also Fey also depend on Encounters as dread, but that don't give extra boost for crit... And Warlocks primary stat is CHA which increase crit chances.. My CHA 32 + charisma belt(+3 CHA).

However I would not recommend new players pick Dread,. Why? Simply because it's becoming more and more expensive. And it's not like Dread give you big boost over other Enchants. And as always, each enchant have strong and weak side depending on situation. So it's a lot of depending on gameplay... So far dread fit my gameplay..

Anyways this discussion about templock goes slightly offtopic, away from threads Idea...
    =---------------------------

Guys what do you think about idea > Dark revelry = boost up players offensive stats by 20%.. > Power, arp, crit,CA. based on players stats.
    ------------------------------
    Or make dark revelry work as aura, thats mean no need trigger life steal.
    Or make dark revelry trigger each time you trigger life steal.. (remove chances based interaction)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soul breaker - in additionally to restore ~10% AP for players around warlock, chance to boost up CA by ~10% and enable CA effect for ~10s.
    Thats mean regardless of players position each his hits trigger CA mechanic for 10s..
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aura of cruelty - increase life steal from ~5% to 10%. And additionally chance to increase resist ignorance.. (HB's price of hell class feature)

Soon will be more
    p.s suggestions are just draft... Some ideas... Latter gona be reworkt. :)
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    mrshabokmrshabok Member Posts: 210 Arc User

It's not like I picked dread just for this build.. When I obtained dread I didn't had Owlbear cub companion.

Also, if I have based on crit build I lose some part of power, and also I could had to give up part of ArP which for templock is crucial element for healing. So I decide not go with Vorp for this reason. Also Fey also depend on Encounters as dread, but that don't give extra boost for crit... And Warlocks primary stat is CHA which increase crit chances.. My CHA 32 + charisma belt(+3 CHA).

However I would not recommend new players pick Dread,. Why? Simply because it's becoming more and more expensive. And it's not like Dread give you big boost over other Enchants. And as always, each enchant have strong and weak side depending on situation. So it's a lot of depending on gameplay... So far dread fit my gameplay..

Anyways this discussion about templock goes slightly offtopic, away from threads Idea...
    =---------------------------

Guys what do you think about idea > Dark revelry = boost up players offensive stats by 20%.. > Power, arp, crit,CA. based on players stats.
    Or make dark revelry trigger each time you trigger life steal.. (remove chances based interaction)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soul breaker - in additionally to restore ~10% AP for players around warlock, chance to boost up CA by ~10% and enable CA effect for ~10s.
    Thats mean regardless of players position each his hits trigger CA mechanic for 10s..

Aura of cruelty - increase life steal from ~5% to 10%. And additionally chance to increase resist ignorance.. (HB's price of hell class feature)

Soon will be more
    p.s suggestions are just draft... Some ideas... Latter gona be reworkt. :)
    I like your ideas for the most part. I don't think the Templock buffs are bad, per se, but way underpowered to be considered very useful atm. I actually like the DR mechanic as it is if they would have it go off the total power at the time it was procc'd, not base power. Or maybe a power share off of SW's current, not base, power. Btw I used to run crit with dread enchant and it worked fine. I also ran it with Vorpal and it worked fine. I use feytouched now and I like it the best. There really is no "wrong" way to build the Templock since it does so many different things. I am with @schietindebux in terms of DPS/buff focused. The only difference is I don't go for 100% crit, but I have 11k crit standing and 20k in combat which is fine for me. I've found a lot of success with high, but not super high, crit, owlbear, and fey. I owe everyone a video but I still have not been able to play in over two weeks now, since I cannot bring my XB1 with me when I travel...
    3.5k HB Temptation -- Dread Legion
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I also favor the Feytouched enchant even being high crit. The less crit and more power the better it get´s.
    In the end it depends on your party. In a buffer party the critbuild might win the race, in the "nobuff party" the powerbuild might be on top. I´d really like to compare both builds once.
    I run mSP random yesterday and my templock had less issues to guide the party through this dungeon and bosses than my rightous cleric, who has real problems to heal up the party at boss 1 and 3, because he is buff orientated.
    Only at 2. boss i fealt the lack of buffs, since all other fights are suboptimal for DC to buff.
    I ended at paingiver, but only because we did that 2. boss 3 times (me and the tank) and the other seemed to be newbies to that dungeon. Otherwise I would be arround 50% of a good striker I guess.

It´s a bit depremising how damage orientated this game is. You definitley get punished running a support/tank or heal, doing dailies is a punishment. I really like the upcoming changes in 11b - loadouts will be a release.
    No matter what class I run, GF, DC, warlock ...
    DC: it´s rightous, wich outperforms every support/heal build in actual content due to capstone and buffs.
    GF: Conqueror wins the race since his damageoutput beats the buff abilities from other trees.
    Warlock: same way.
    CW: 80% dps builds I meet

Only if you put DR at tier 4 or 5, other wise we will have tons of HB -fury running a "buff aura".
    I would liek to give DR a 10-15% damageboost like Terrifying inside as tier 4/5 feat, this way a templock will be a win for a group and no "lose". GF buffs 30-35%, DC 20% + insane powerbuffs, etc.
    Either make templock competetive to other supporter or delete that tree. If not give encounter the option to spend buffs like that.

CA is permanently active in bossfights and also in trashfights, in case someone slots the correct feats.
    Maybe soulbreaker could be a flat AP increase like 5-10% for the group.
    Aura of despair should to 20%. Otherwise I would not consider this aura to be from any interest and the points are wasted to some degree.
    DC spends 87,5% DR from AS 40%+DG 17,5%+HG 30%and this is possible 24/7 all time- a Daily, an encounter and a second encounter.

RI is only from interest in PVP and LS is a stat that is pretty easy to stack these days imo. -10% DR debuff would be nice. DC debuffs for 42,5% (24/7) with spikes up to 70% (DO-PoD) from powers. DC buffs for 40% damage.
  • Options

I

Only if you put DR at tier 4 or 5, other wise we will have tons of HB -fury running a "buff aura" and 20% stats is a bot over the top in times of powercreep

Oh yes,, thats obviously that DR would had be moved for higher tear.

CA is permanently active in bossfights and also in trashfights, in case someone slots the correct feats.
    This CA idea is just one of couple ones... Just want to make viable and yet not make overpowered.. On top I forgot to add line for this my suggestion> Increase CA values by 2% per rank >up to 10%.

Or instead adding CA we can go like >
    When players got their AP restored via Soul breaker > their outgoing dmg increased 2% per rank, up to 10%..

I assume combo DR and this Soul Break would increase dmg output over all..

Now one feat I would love to have.. It's current furry >Infernal Wrath =Your Lesser Curse also causes the target to have 1/2/3/4/5% less Damage Resistance
    However furry spec players would not like that tempt would get same or similar feat...

RI is only from interest in PVP and LS is a stat that is pretty easy to stack these days imo.
    For end game players, it's not hard. But for starters, and players with ~2k GS is hard. Also healing with templock depend with RI.. When I have 4k ArP = healing sucks. Vampiric embrace dealt dmg and 100% of dmg converted to healing is just not good enough. Not mentioned to have decent healing with templock even with DoT powers you need 2k life steal by default. And 2k GS players can't do that.. There is Lifedrinker weapon enchant, but it's not like anyone gona use it anyways...

I also have idea to remove this feat at all.. 5% life steal increase is low... Better to chance to something else..
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    duckntrollduckntroll Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    Let's be not shy about Temptation rework, and start by the obvious :

DON'T REWORK WITHOUT A CLEAR GOAL
    --> Nowhere in this thread did I read the problem about "Temptation", if there is no problem, there must be no rework, no ?
    So let's try to say BLUNTLY the simple truth
    Scourge Warlock (SW) and especially Temptation is in an AWFULL state that need to be fixed
    • Logically : The Lore is completely messed up around SW, they should have a contract with the devil Belial (why only one of the 9 ? And why are SW powers unrelated to him or his sub-devils except the few Phelgethos references ? ). Moreover are SW Necromancers ? Evil magician ? Evil invoquers ? Evil priest (temptation) ? Sort of bizarre vampire (temptation) ?
    • Mechanically : SW use an awful amount of complex games mechanics AT THE SAME TIME, cursing, cursing synergy, soul puppets invocation, Damage (and effects) over Time (DoT), every possible shape for Area of Effect (AoE) ... That's a messed up garbage.
    • Competitively : When created Temptation was completely Over Powered (OP) due to it's tremendous life steal, making it nearly invincible. After the life steal "rework" temptation went to trash, worst trash, ugly trash and trash today.
    • Sexily : Seriously, evils powers MUST be the coolest ones, why so much ugly green and disgusting shadow ? Why not some, violet, red, purple, orange, etc ???
    • Visibility : For temptation to be recognized as an existing class of heal/support, something distinctive must appear AND BE VIEWED AS HEALER/SUPPORT FOR DUNGEONS !!!

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE A GOOD REWORK OF A CLASS "ONE AT A TIME"
    --> Classes don't play "alone" ...
    They need to be "tuned" with contents and with other classes
    Contents are too simple, it's causing many problems
    • Too simple in terms of difficulty --> Therefore it reward with a HAMSTER random.
    • Too simple in terms of strategies --> Therefore there will be only one role : a damage dealer surviving with life steal.
    As it's worst after each new mod release, the result are boring opponents : Each wave of foes is another indecent health points (HP) ocean to dry ... (It's rendering any other strategies / tactics / method useless.)

For classes tuning, let's not go too deep as it's obvious thoses aren't equals.

Did that impact the previous "goal" for Tempation rework ?
    Yes.
    Let's not hope for many things, just : Make Temptation competitive in front of a healer / buffer.

THERE IS NO WAY TO MAKE A GOOD SUB-CLASS REWORK WITHOUT REWORKING THE FULL CLASS
    --> As you can't touch what could impact other sub-classes, your means of action are really really poor ...

A mean i see is to make use of some of the "garbage" powers in SW encounters, dailies and feats as those will not really be taken by other SW parangon (damage dealers).
    The mean is creating "POWER SETS" scaling with the number of related power taken (by example when using 3, 6 & 9 of the related powers to have 33%, 66% and 100% of the POWER SET effect).

For these POWER SET effects I would see specific party effects : speed buff/debuff, control buff/debuff, dps buff/debuff, heal buff/debuff ...

(If possible make powers to take be logical, by example taking the "Hadar" related powers for "control", "dark" powers for "speed" and "fire" powers for "damage" ...
    And the top would be "explaining" that POWER SETS are a reward from a specific major devil that act the same way.)

NB : A cleaner version of these POWER SET, would be a rework of the Paragon Capstone. The Capstone will became a direct +6 of a POWER SET that can unlock a +12 giving 150%. It would allow more combination, but the requirement is for all powers to be "competitive". (It will create a big variety of builds. And can be extended to all classes.)

Edit 0 : Fix my poor English.
    Edit 1 : Make myself clearer.
    Post edited by duckntroll on
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Delete post
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    daccuradaccura Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Not to mention all the BOONS which don't work with the Temptation SW. I mean ok wih some Boons they would proc perma because of the mechanic of Temptation SW but c'mon - last time I checked not ONE SINGLE healing Boon was procced by the capstone.
  • Options
    I'm running a Temptation SW with Feytouched, Valhalla set, and the Owlbear Cub. My experience in mSP matches that of @schietindebux (about half damage compared to a good DPS, ability to support the whole party better than a DC healing-wise). The only real problem at the moment is the inability to help against one-shots. I would simply change one of the auras into something that changes all incoming damage to self and allies within the aura into a 2-3 seconds DoT and then everything would be fine.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    etelgrin said:

I think Temptation capstone requires a total rewind,

If it is to heal, then it has to heal the SW itself as well, if it is to heal then these heals cannot be mitigated by pvp healing depression because they already are mitigated because heals come from damage and damage is mitigated by tenacity.

If the capstone is to buff, then I imagine some sort of buff similar to the CW Chaos Magic, I think it would fit the SW theme, but with some different, useful AoE buffs.

For the features - Why does Weapons of Light stack and Dark Revelry doesn't? Both powers practically do the same so make them equal.

For SW CURSE mechanic in general I think it would be far more useful if tabbing would result in increasing damage done to the target but party wise, currently I have serious doubts believing it actually does increase damage if marked on 3 targets by 30% whatsoever. The CURSE mechanics such as Warding Curse, Deadly Curse and so on could instead work as buffs/debuffs for tab when slotted or place some conditions on opponent such as slow, terror/fear, paralyze, daze and so on, you got the conception. The other curses like vengeful curse or relentless curse and so on, could further adjust these things, would make sense to me, accodingly to the path chosen.

Feats could be far more useful like Darkness needs to be changed completely, make Eldritch Momentum to work like it used to be or just rework it completely to do something else, Aura of Despair could be change to provide party/AoE-wide buff.Generally I expect this tree to sort of be reworked for support/buff and heal role.

Thats my conception, merely a sugestion.

Dark revelry is active buff, while weapons of light is aura like effect.
    If DR would be possible to stack, I alone stack it to 200 +. Which lead insane dmg increase.. ;0
    IF DR would become aura, then it would be possible to think about stacking stuff..

Now as curse increase groups dmg.. Ghem,
    Infernal wrath from furry tree,
    Your Lesser Curse also causes the target to have 1/2/3/4/5% less Damage Resistance.

So it's not like u had to invent something new.. Also I like templock due it's less curse depending build. I don't need keep hitting tab key as furry had. I usually curse 1 target only. When using WB or FIery bolt or DT. Which also lead to 20% dmg increase.. If I would curse 2 targets each of them only receive 10% incresed dmg..

Now curse sinergy with Fiery bolt = enemies around cursed target receive 100% of dealt dmg which receive primar target.

With WB obvious, it's single target. So why bother to adjust it's effectivness and waste other 2 curses?
    DT also better keep one curse and spind dmg around it. .

So any proposal to implement extra effect toward curse would be headpain. .
    Next, now pick furry/temp build.. Curse 20% + extra debuff dmg which extend dmg. :)

Next Eldritch momentun, is good for SB templock, for more agile gameplay. Instead tany build with darknes + BoVA.

Anyways If u have full pack of ideas.. Or separated.. Post them anytime..

p.s MY idea so far is to make templocks feats to fit big fights.. e/ndemo, Tia, n/mSva, DF/bhe,
    While keeping that DC would edge in dungeon runs.. :)

And here is one of old idea about how templock would help guys who unable, or don't dare use dodge.
    I would suggested Compounded Soul - would provide temporal shield, which would provide x% dmg absorbtion, (Barkshield) like mechanic..
    Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    Gustave Le Bon.