test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Spam Mails and accounts Safety

arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
@nitocris83
Recently received spam mail for 3rd sites selling ingame content and clicked report as Spam, but game shows me an Error Message, telling me who is the specific handler player, does this mean game mail is being controlled by hackers to sell 3rd sites ingame content? How Safe is our game account? also getting disconnected a lot recently and my internet didnt crash or stopped providing signal, so came to a conclusion my account is not protected to a point of disconnecting me from game, is game accounts server being hacked or something?

@nitocris83 please enlight me on something about it, ty for your time

Comments

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    The error message basically says the person sending the message does not exist. This is probably because they have been banned/removed already, or possibly because they removed the character/account themselves after sending the spam
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Just a guess, but it looks like they're deleting their characters right after sending the messages, and therefore it could be harder to actually bann the account, since the reports are not going through?

May be someone official could take a look at this?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    There was a thread about this a few weeks ago in either the bugs or feedback forum where someone claimed that the spammers were deleting the character after sending the mail. Another user later reported having tested it and said that it seemed to be the case. Hopefully someone official has already seen this but nothing has been done.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hello! The support team has been taking pretty swift action when they get reports so if someone else has already reported the same name you are reporting, it may have been removed. I will circle back both with the team and with support to see if there is any additional info.
  • Options
    ok ty, i only have my account connected here in forum, ill log off after using forum maybe it stops, ty for the info so far,

a long time ago also came along with a problem were guild mail were being sent to guild from players that didnt had permition to used guild mail, @kreatyve @nitocris83 do you know anything about this problem?
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    good to know that is being look up. had 2 times that sender was no longer exist when i report as spam.
    my in-game mails are reserved for my guild, friends and foundry makers, not for 3rd party sellers since they still breaks CoC and EULA.

CoC is Code of Conducts, meaning, they break by harrashing the players with illegal sites with in-game mails to make unwanted spams.
    EULA, End-User Liscense Agreements (i think it was), they voliated the agreements by selling items they really dont owns that made by devs for companies, and posting the sites to players.

hope this explains for newer players and help them from being victims of scammers and the risk of getting ban that new players dont know.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    ARC86,
    my guild set up strict settings, i am as high counsil, we have several high counsils, no one else lower were able to use guild message of the day, it cost leader(s) a day for any announcments, dont know about having game mail very restrictive for guild. i think it was suppose to be open for anyone in guild to use mails except for MotD.

just maybe ask someone in your guild who are high rank officers, maybe they have reasons or will check if it is glitchy.
  • Options
    @wylonus it was 1/2 years ago in a different guild i was in
  • Options
    i see, okay, switching to better guilds are good way to decide.
This discussion has been closed.