What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PVP Suggestions: Keep It Simple Stupid solutions

13»

Comments

• Options
    hagbard#9047 hagbard Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    How many posts about fixing PvP do this game need, till dev's listen to there playerbase?
    They (Dev's) wont change anything till this cash cow is dead, maybe it is allready dead and thats why they dont care.
  • Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    TBH and dont kill me but....i didnt start playing NW cuzz it got such a "great" PVP aspect. I never thought pvp is needed in NW.
    Sry for all PVP players here, but the majority is playing pve and the devs allways made the same mistake when they nerfed a skill in pvp. After that this skill was senseless in PVE.
    But i support the wishes from the pvp base. This whole pvp thing needs a total work around and a complete new system. I hope devs would listen to you.

• Options
    sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    @overdriver13

I don't think using rogues prior to mod 6 is a good example to use for balance. Lashing blade was hilariously broken back then and SOD procs would anhiliate players when a plague fire enchant was slotted. In fact rogues are still pretty broken and if you roll a CB troll build you are nigh invicible (perma ITC, perma CB).

Fact is classes were never balanced from the begining and each new mod throws things further and further out of whack. More boons, more power creep, and more piercing damage added for classes that didn't need it (HR). This trend will only continue unless someone wakes up over at cryptic and realizes the potential money maker that is being wasted.
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    @sh00termcl0vin. My point is just that gear difference overshadows everything, including class imbalance. Mod5 I could run my MI Exec TR with about half the GS/IL of my team mates and opposing squad and competently back cap through a match in guild premades in which that GS/IL should have no business being. Now the gear difference is in multiples and unless I want to sink in a ton of cash, even with a broken TR, there is zero hope. It's like bringing a level 11 character to a level 60 match.

The solution we get for gear differential: spend more money. The solution we get for imbalanced classes: spend more money. The solution we get for broken PvP: spend more.

Replace "House Stark" and "Rob Stark" in this video with NWO PvP and you have the truth.

https://youtu.be/Q9G_h22yOq0
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    spideymt said:

TBH and dont kill me but....i didnt start playing NW cuzz it got such a "great" PVP aspect. I never thought pvp is needed in NW.
    Sry for all PVP players here, but the majority is playing pve and the devs allways made the same mistake when they nerfed a skill in pvp. After that this skill was senseless in PVE.
    But i support the wishes from the pvp base. This whole pvp thing needs a total work around and a complete new system. I hope devs would listen to you.

Well TBH, and dont kill me, but.... NW wouldnt exist if it werent for PVP. PVP has largely financed this game for a LONG time, it would have died already if it werent for PVP... PVP was a fortunate side effect for Cryptic that ended up bringing in a majority of their financing for many years.

I 100% agree though with your comment on nerfing skills and what not. It goes both ways though. They release some new items that are fine for PVE but BROKEN in PVP. A great example was Emblem (artifact) back in mod 2. You healed each time you were hit with no ICD. It was fine in PVE but broke the game for PVP.

This is why I (and many others) have tried to advocate in the past for removing boons, mount bonuses, insignias etc from PVP. This strips the game down to what it USED to be pre-modules. So any changes are more "fine tuning" rather than major changes.

Anyways, point being, we agree "This whole pvp thing needs a total work around and a complete new system. I hope devs would listen to you." This is the bottom line. PVP needs to be rebuilt because the current form sucks and they are only losing money by NOT making changes..

• Options
    plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    morenthar said:

Unless somebody shows me some inside numbers, PvP has never been the main income source of this game. I think people tend to underestimate the competitive nature of PvE players.

That being said, PvP is a revenue stream and Cryptic has mismanaged its potential for too long. If they devoted proper resources to PvP, this game could still be a killer. They just can't and I believe a lot of that has to do with satisfying the expectations of WoTC.

i didnt do stat on it, but my feeling is that youtube PVP will get at leats 5 more viewers compare to PVE
    (excpet "how to make AD" etc.)

the amount of "rich" TR/GF i see in PVP is not seen in PVE as well (those mounts alone worth more than 100$)

average PVP player spend more i think
  • Options
    dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    Just remove the stable, all boons except pvp boons, and companions. Pvp as a whole would be less of a mess. You can get gear with trade bars.

This won't happen though, too many people invested millions into the lion mount. Most people are happy pug stomping with a premade.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • Options
    waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    morenthar said:

Unless somebody shows me some inside numbers, PvP has never been the main income source of this game. I think people tend to underestimate the competitive nature of PvE players.

That being said, PvP is a revenue stream and Cryptic has mismanaged its potential for too long. If they devoted proper resources to PvP, this game could still be a killer. They just can't and I believe a lot of that has to do with satisfying the expectations of WoTC.

I could be wrong but the only players Ive seen who make a char and become bis in a week are in fact PVP players. That is some crazy spending right there. Do PVE players do the same?
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    morenthar said:

Well, I would LOVE to show you a screen shot of a DEV PMing me telling me that PVP accounts for more than HALF of the revenue of the game, but alas, it is gone - along with the old forums. So youll have to take my word as evidence that it WAS that way at one point.

WoTC has zero "expectations" that are causing them to neglect PVP lol. This is just silly. Cryptic is the one who determines where their $ is spent. There are no limitations on Cryptic creating (say) a NEW PVP map for domination....

WoTC isnt "forcing" them to add boon after boon after boon after item after mount after insignia, etc. to PVP.

WoTC isnt "forcing" them to KEEP those things in PVP.

There are tons of suggestions that Cryptic has free will to implement.

Here is my THEORY on why it hasnt been done.
    1) There is no "PVP DEV" for this game. PVP was never intended to be the "main focus" of NW but oddly enough, their unique combat formula was a HUGE hit.
    2) They dont now HOW to capitalize on PVP. They thought creating "Pay for Power" content in which you essentially would never be BIS unless you paid, was the way to go.
    3) They dont think about PVP when they make new items. Thus broken stuff gets released. PVP is an after-thought when it comes to new content.
    4) TODAY, they have to convince "higher ups" where the DEV time should be spent. I suspect this is largely a catch 22 situation. They have very limited "skeleton crew" DEV team to manage this game BECAUSE sales are low, so they need to justify WHY they should spend DEV time on anything to try and increase sales. That compounded with no PVP DEVs and no idea how to monetize PVP as well as them not understanding PVP leads to nothing being done.

What is sad (but I get it) is that they cant just "defer to the player base" on this one issue. Players historically DONT have the best ideas. So I understand why no developer really wants to listen to the forums for changes... I would say, this is the ONE exception I have seen to this rule.

The NW PVP community has largely come together and all been unanimous in what they have been asking for: A level play field with regards to itemization in PVP.

This is the single most important aspect of PVP that has disappeared.

The problem is. The developers dont care for PVP as much as the players do. THey are not PVPers themselves. They like Art and Lore and Dungeons. If they DO have time to play their own characters they likely dont want to spend HOURS (like the players do) playing a game its their job to work on 40 hours a week. They (likely) want to unplug from NW and play other games. Do other things... So I get it.

So we have a problem where the DEVs dont understand PVP themselves, they dont know the problems of PVP, they dont know how to monetize PVP and they dont CARE about PVP and would rather focus on other stuff...

• Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    @rgutscheradev @ayroux the Dev Said

I definitely agree PvP needs some love. That's a more long-term project, though.

The addition of Seals of Triumph is a real help (although not beckylunatic's x7 earn rate, sorry!): it will be 10 Seals for 1 coffer point, which means a 60% increase in coffer progress (instead of 10 coffer points per day from the Fight to the Finish quest, it will be 10 + 6, since you get 60 Seals from the same win you got the Fight to the Finish Conqueror's Shards from).

It's not a complete solution, but it's a step in the right direction. For guilds that are grinding through Conqueror's Shards slowly, a +60% earn rate should be a real help. For guilds that have just given up on Conqueror's Shards, we'll need something more.

He definitely agrees PvP needs some love !!!!!!!!!! How can we help you give it the love you claim it needs? especially for guilds that have given up like you said ,,,

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12947842

@rgutscheradev
    Thanks for Trying to do something and trying to have our backs at least get the leader board working or something
    Solo Q for Guantlegyrm event ...
    At least Multi spec and Item level equalization are the right step to take to achieving this goal
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    I think there are probably simple solutions that don't involve removing certain gear from the game or removing insignia bonuses. Far too many of the changes Cryptic does amount to "Your previous gear/build/investment of any kind is now worthless, and we aren't sorry. This will actually improve your game experience. Have fun spending 12 million AD on a rebuild. Now we're leaving this conversation while we can still keep a straight face."

AS of now it's obvious that there are some exploit-using builds that are far too powerful. The exploits need to go. So other than that:

1) Hard cooldowns on all dailies in pvp only.
    2) Make the HR control abilities actually root people, even with full tenacity, for noticeable periods of time.
    3) Dazing by all classes, however, needs to be seriously nerfed, probably an across the board 50% cut. It's no fun playing if you can't use your character.
    4) Slow effects from Smoke Bomb and Courage Breaker should not stack. Slow effects should not stack, period.
    5) Courage Breaker is absurd and the slow time should be cut by at least half.
    6) The GF/GWF 2-3 button kill should be eliminated. This can be done by reducing the abilities' control durations so that a dodge or counterattack is possible.
    7) For all classes, dodges should either avoid control effects or not. CW and DC dodges appear to avoid them. Haven't played my TRs in a while so I'm not sure if theirs do. HR dodges definitely do not. My opinion is that if you dodge an attack, you should dodge the control effect. Anything else makes no sense.
    8) Party buff and heal effects should be cut by at least half in pvp. No faceroll immunity for any team with a paladin or DC anymore.
    9) PERMANENT SOLO-ONLY QUEUE.
    10) Shocking Execution should be capped at 50k (post mitigation) in pvp.
    11) Weapon and armor enchantments re-balance. Elven battle doesn't actually mitigate most control effects at all. Negation's animation is hugely annoying. Feytouched should not be the only weapon enchant choice in pvp.
    12) Stop punishing players for also playing pve: get rid of critical hit resistance. Power and HP stacking should not be the meta for every class.
    13) Remove GWF's ability to cancel attack animations without canceling the attack. Other classes can't do it, they shouldn't be able to.
    14) Less info dazzle in combat. Move damage numbers to one side of the screen so we can see what we're doing.

• Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    Are you serious? GWFs are pretty much already pointless and you want to nerf them? They already cant really defend themselves or block. Only lifesteal keeps us alive at this point. Doesn't it make sense that the only character without a dodge/block , no CC and no real team buffs should be strong?

1) Hard cooldowns on all dailies in pvp only.
    2) Make the HR control abilities actually root people, even with full tenacity, for noticeable periods of time.
    3) Dazing by all classes, however, needs to be seriously nerfed, probably an across the board 50% cut. It's no fun playing if you can't use your character.
    4) Slow effects from Smoke Bomb and Courage Breaker should not stack. Slow effects should not stack, period.
    5) Courage Breaker is absurd and the slow time should be cut by at least half.
    6) The GF/GWF 2-3 button kill should be eliminated. This can be done by reducing the abilities' control durations so that a dodge or counterattack is possible.
    7) For all classes, dodges should either avoid control effects or not. CW and DC dodges appear to avoid them. Haven't played my TRs in a while so I'm not sure if theirs do. HR dodges definitely do not. My opinion is that if you dodge an attack, you should dodge the control effect. Anything else makes no sense.
    8) Party buff and heal effects should be cut by at least half in pvp. No faceroll immunity for any team with a paladin or DC anymore.
    9) PERMANENT SOLO-ONLY QUEUE.
    10) Shocking Execution should be capped at 50k (post mitigation) in pvp.
    11) Weapon and armor enchantments re-balance. Elven battle doesn't actually mitigate most control effects at all. Negation's animation is hugely annoying. Feytouched should not be the only weapon enchant choice in pvp.
    12) Stop punishing players for also playing pve: get rid of critical hit resistance. Power and HP stacking should not be the meta for every class.
    13) Remove GWF's ability to cancel attack animations without canceling the attack. Other classes can't do it, they shouldn't be able to.
    14) Less info dazzle in combat. Move damage numbers to one side of the screen so we can see what we're doing.

1. Agree.
    2. Trappers dont CC enough? My god man that would be crazy.
    3. Yes I agree the CC is ridiculous.
    4. I have no problem with that but dont go too nuts if you add the daily timer it may become overkill.
    5. Maybe 2/3 like i said before if you apply a daily timer you may nerf it too much. GWFs should be able to break out of it.
    6. I think GUARDIAN FIGHTERS should have their 2 or 3 shot abilities nerfed for sure. If you played a gwf you would know it takes a bit of time to "SPIN UP" and stack buffs. If you nerfed our damage at ALL you would make them useless in PVP. GWFs only point is to do damage you cant take that away from them.
    7. That makes sense since you "dodged" the ability. Im just hoping this doesnt buff gwfs and sws tooooo much because I can see that being a bit crazy.
    8. Makes since to cut dc/pally heals in half because lifesteal is already cut in half in pvp. But CC immunity from some skills is a bit overkill.
    9. DEFINITELY NO ONE WANTS TO FIGHT A PREMADE WHILE SOLO QUEING AND GETTING RIDICULED.
    10. Are you serious? maybe add 25% piercing resistance to like 3k tenacity but if you go to your extreme they will be utterly useless.
    11. Elven is fine in its current state but I will agree that the feytouched is getting overplayed. All they have to do is make all the other enchants with timers up 20 out of 20 seconds like the fey touched. Also add a few debuffs onto enchants like the lifedrinker to "nerf" opponents incoming healing by 25% or something while enchant is active. thats merely a suggestion.
    12. If you take away the critical severity resistance rogues and combat hunters will murder you even more then they do now. Do we really need that?
    13. No and I repeat no. We are called GREAT WEAPON FIGHTERS and are supposed to be matched by none with our innate skill with a sword. If you take that away we will be lumbering waste of pixels and be caught utterly defenseless all the time.
    14. Pretty sure you can turn that off on PC. I know we can't do that on console would be nice though.

This is coming from a gwf if that means anything GWFs should have the highest damage not sure why they arent. But at the same time I dont want to nerf rogues shocking execution or we would become too powerful. Balance is easy but probably wont happen.

Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    2. No, for reasons that are hopefully obvious to most people.

5. Either this, or make it respect CC resist/immunity/dodge.

7. As far as I can tell, HR dodge time frame was not increased when they increased dodge distance. If they fix this, HR dodges should become just as stupid as CW and DC.

10. lol

13. This is a lag issue, most likely. I at least, have never been able to reproduce this effect on purpose.

14. Yes, on PC you can turn it off, but that also removes power effects showing, like when relic weapon bonus goes off cooldown. Maybe at least fix this, please?
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• Options

Cap SE to 50k and nerf CB --> delete TR class maybe?

No. Just change it to something that requires skill to play and isn't a one-shot guaranteed kill or 1d10tproof perma-cc balm for those with tiny hands. There used to be multiple enjoyable ways to build a TR, which was why I played two different ones. I gave up on them after mod 5 made the class so ridiculously, pointlessly easy to play.
  • Options
    morenthar said:

Delete TR? Just because you don't like a couple powers?

That's creative.

Every class in this game has its cheese and ability to do massive damage. Considering how high hit points are getting, SE is becoming exactly what it was supposed to be, a devasting finishing blow.

Only TRs abusing First Strike and with GF buff are really overperforming. The "top" TRs doing that, you never see running outside of a premade. They need their security blankets.

So please, spare me how OP TRs are.

The two classes that are most negatively affecting PvP are Clerics and Paladins. Deleting them isn't an option either.

Interesting how, after I've actually stated what I want, you choose to ignore that, ignore what I wrote in the first place, and decide that getting rid of TR's most cheezeball no-skill aspects equals deleting the class (before you try to change the subject). You'd do better if you stayed on topic and presented a cogent argument. It'll take some learning and practice but I'm sure you'll be able to do it in a few years. Good luck!
  • Options
    crollaxcrollax Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    u dont need to do any of them ,

u can simply make naked pvp for put it in all players in game and give them chance to show their skill, i mean naked is green gear which u only can wear in pvp match. u can simply avoid all with also NO guild boon

+ every class is perfectly fit for long long time just with smallll minor changes need. argue about class balance never will finish so if u want to avoid all of them 1. make alot of sync que with same skillbase player with same team and see balance in game like how every calss have it own purpose in domination match. these arguements are just emthy. and a player who is just watching game talking with all these graps blabla like sicarius i know him for long time iyon these are old players but the ones which actually really really play so rare inorder to avoid looses.

u dont need to do allll these calculation take of this give this take of this make it impossible and no mean

make naked pvp like in other games , and bring 5v5 lobby and FORCE the people to play 5v5 with a rewards. then see how people will understand the actual balance in game. with only watching u cant understand it

i remember these were the people who was pushing to change node system also and they helped alot to make this HAMSTER node system only because of cant handle the dps and node holde. so better u guyz dont care what they say alot.
    only talk talk nothing else. do this do taht blabla. come in game play and see it in first eye instead of writing math tezy here. u and sicarius put tons of post to change that great system only because of preasure. i hope one day u will paly this game and understand actually u are really that u are doing alot of math but emthy.
  • Options
    luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    I'd like to note: the basic premise of this thread is really really strong. It would be great to try this even on an alpha basis.
    However - while this is tested I think introducing item level brackets in PVP would go a long way towards increasing the pvp playerbase (say <12k and rest of world to start)