test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rewards for Level 70 Overflow Levels = INSULTING!!

Comments

• trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    There's a player on this end that has noted 179 overflow XP rewards and gets a power point 28.49% of the time (has screenshots of them all) and needs about 3 more to have all powers at rank 4. Will be interesting to see what happens when all power points are obtained (more than likely will be removed from the reward table).

Out of 179 XP overflow rewards:
    Sharandar Power Points.......... 0
    Power Point............................ 28.49%
    Rough AD............................... 8.94%
    XP Tomes............................... 17.32%
    Black Opal.............................. 15.64%
    Flawless Sapphire................... 29.05%
    Enchantments......................... 25.14%
    *Rank 5 Enchantments............ (91%)
    *Rank 6 Enchantments............ (9%)

Multiple Rewards.................... 28.49% (Power Point + something else, have yet to see different combinations)
    Single Reward......................... 70.95% (XP Tomes counted as a single reward)

Got 2 Power Points in a row six different times
    Got 3 Power Points in a row once
    Got 4 Power Points in a row twice (two different times)

Power Point frequency dropped significantly as of November 2016
    Post edited by trinity706#8838 on
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • evilsquirrel03evilsquirrel03 Member Posts: 36 Arc User

Will be interesting to see what happens when all power points are obtained (more than likely will be removed from the reward table).

Currently sitting at 126 Power Points. You need 124 to max out all of your skills. You basically continue to accumulate them and get that helm icon at the top of your screen telling you that you perpetually have something to do. Who knows...maybe in the future they'll provide us with more skills.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    03, you mean like STO's expanding skill choices?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,353 Arc User

Got 3 Power Points in a row once
    Got 4 Power Points in a row twice

Technically, that implies it got 3 Power Points in a row 5 times. ;)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    lance1967 said:

When I still have several powers to unlock, and you give me a SINGLE Flawless Sapphire (5k refining pts) for making another whole level after 70 really ticks me off! Those are a dime-a-dozen from random mob kills with my Dragon's Hoard Enchantment!

At least give people a 100% power point drop until they unlock all their powers. If you're giving out other rewards for making "another level", then make it unique or worth it. Here's your chance to say "thanks for continuing to play NWO and all the relentless grinding you do". A single flawless sapphire is...insulting.

I am a very active player and have spent most of my time on my current main character since the first week of mod 6. I still have a few powers that are greyed out because I don't have the power points to spare for them and several powers that are still rank 3. I get 1 power point on average once in roughly 7 through 10 bar fills, the only other remotely valuble thing I have seen from overflow rewards is 30k rough AD, everything else is junk.

The overflow power points were introduced in mod 6 if I'm not mistaken. Back then, their rarity made more sense as they were a newly introduced reward. Now that it has been so many mods since these power points were introduced, they should be made a much more common drop.

As for the other rewards, I don't want to see anymore green xp books, green companion xp books, rank 5's, rank 6's or anything else like that as a stand alone prize. The refinement stuff would be more appriciated if it was included alongside other much better rewards instead of potentially being the only drop.

This is my sugestion on what the overflow XP loot table should be upgraded to:

The drop rate for power points should be changed to a 75% chance to drop up from 25%. After all of your powers on that character are rank 4, no more power points should drop. When you receive a power point, there is a 40% chance you will only receive the power point and no other rewards alongside it. 

The other following droprates apply for the 60% of the time you get other prizes included with your power point, the 25% of the time you do not get a power point, and for those who have all of their powers at rank 4:

There should be a 100% chance to drop a single companion upgrade token and a 50% chance to drop 2 companion upgrade tokens. This prize would be included alongside other potential drops.

All green XP books should be replaced with between 1 and 3 greater companion experiance treatise. 50% chance to get 3, 75% chance to get 2, and 100% chance to get 1. This prize is included alongside other potential drops.

All rank 5's and 6's should be replaced with a 100% chance to get at least 1 rank 7 enchantment and a 50% chance to get 3 rank 7 enchantments instead of 1.

There should be a 30% chance for you to get a rank 8 runestone in place of one of your rank 7 enchantments.

There should be a 15% chance for you to get 1 rank 8 enchantment instead of any rank 7 enchantments.

30,000 rough AD should have a 25% chance to drop instead of any rank 7 enchantments.

You also have a 90% chance of getting one of the following sets of refinement items alongside other potential drops:

1 black opal + 1 flawless saphire

1 black opal

1 flawless saphire

5 aquamarine

3 aquamarine

5 peridots

1 blue mark of power, 1 blue mark of union, and 1 blue mark of stability

3 blue marks of potency
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2017

Heck no, I love experience books. And rank 5 enchantments are the best. If you think it's so awful, go play some other crappy game. Getting power points is a lot easier than it was in the past (post Mod 6), but some people are never happy. Give em an inch, they want a mile.

You know, if you really want rank 5's that badly, they drop like candy from all 70-73 mobs not to mention numerous other places. Rank 5's are not completly useless but I don't think they are appropriate at all as a stand alone overflow reward, same for rank 6's. Rank 7's would be a much more up to date overflow reward.

As for xp books, they should be replaced with higher ranking ones. The green ones are barely worth opening.

The green companion experiance books should be replaced with greater companion experiance treatise.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Overflow XP rewards were added in mod 3, back when the level cap was 60 and powers were capped at 3 points each. The AD reward at that time was IIRC 5k and I don't remember other possibilities as they didn't matter.

That said, I've always considered them as a bonus not an entitlement. Only the tomes are worthless and an annoyance. The Companion ones barely even rank up a pet, much easier to run dailies with it summoned. Then there is the fact that they can't be discarded ir even vendored for gold.

Everything else is just a bonus - something you got as a reward for doing activities that you would be doing anyway. If you want power points, do the quests in Sharandar. Sell the green thaums and you will easily pay for the AD cost of the point.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • jganthjganth Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Economies to scale - a Rank 5 enchantment reward today with current game is like getting a free stick of gum. Time to update and scale rewards to today's metrics, not Mod 5's.
    edited April 2017

Unfortunately not seeing that logic here...

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

One 4 in a row means two 3 in a row happened at the same time.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

You do know that those are separate occurrences correct?

. . . PP PP PP . . . . . . PP PP PP PP . . . . . . . PP PP PP PP . . . .

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    What the.. I have earned.. say up to 100 power points on 8 toons..
    Ive never.. not once had back to back power points.. Never.. not since the start of it.. Frankly I dont know what to say about your charting system..

Regardless. I dont care really.. at around 80-90, almost all classes maximize most of their useful skills, while a few classes, maximize their useful skills around 100 or so.. they could however.. drop the r5s.. out of the loot table as a win.

i just get one once in awhile and spend it.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

There's a player on this end that has noted 179 overflow XP rewards and gets a power point 28.49% of the time (has screenshots of them all)

My sample size of 638 worked out to a power point dropping pretty much bang on 25% of the time.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited April 2017

What the.. I have earned.. say up to 100 power points on 8 toons..
    Ive never.. not once had back to back power points.. Never.. not since the start of it.. Frankly I dont know what to say about your charting system..

Regardless. I dont care really.. at around 80-90, almost all classes maximize most of their useful skills, while a few classes, maximize their useful skills around 100 or so..

Assuming you are referring to

It simply depicts how the PP's in a row occurred to show @plasticbat what was going on instead of what they presented.

There currently is a total of 6 back-to-back PP rewards though those were not noted in the post because 3 and 4 PP's in a row were assumed to be less common (one double occurred between the 3 in a row and the first 4 in a row and actually the first two rewards were power points). Will edit it in though.

Some players want all skills maxed on their character(s) regardless of whether they will use all the skills or not.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Getting a power point or not in an overflow is just a true/false. That result is independent of whatever else you get in the reward.

My results were tabulated based on rewards saved across my account for about a year. The game doesn't seem to have any trouble tracking them.

Sometimes they would roll with multiple PP in a row but this would be compensated by a greater number of rewards in a row with no PP. Big picture, they dropped from one overflow in four. None of my data sets as I compiled them significantly deviated from this average.

(lol, pp)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited April 2017

You do know that those are separate occurrences correct?

What you presented "technically" has five 3 in a row. ;)

. . . (PP PP PP) . . . . . . (PP {PP PP) PP} . . . . . . . (PP {PP PP) PP} . . . .

One 4 in a row: PP1 PP2 PP3 PP4
    always has two 3 in a row: PP1 PP2 PP3 and PP2 PP3 PP4.
    Actually, you can earn more than that. It takes 10 tokens from each of the three zones, so 3.33 days... the first would be available on the fourth day, then the eighth day, then on the eleventh and the cycle starts over. As Kelt says, however, you don't need to max out every power to be effective.

One 4 in a row: PP1 PP2 PP3 PP4
    always has two 3 in a row: PP1 PP2 PP3 and PP2 PP3 PP4.

Smh, just stick with what was presented instead of trying to turn the data into something else...

• safespacecadet#3341 safespacecadet Member Posts: 374 Arc User

Heck no, I love experience books. And rank 5 enchantments are the best. If you think it's so awful, go play some other crappy game. Getting power points is a lot easier than it was in the past (post Mod 6), but some people are never happy. Give em an inch, they want a mile.

You know, if you really want rank 5's that badly, they drop like candy from all 70-73 mobs not to mention numerous other places. Rank 5's are not completly useless but I don't think they are appropriate at all as a stand alone overflow reward, same for rank 6's. Rank 7's would be a much more up to date overflow reward.

As for xp books, they should be replaced with higher ranking ones. The green ones are barely worth opening.

The green companion experiance books should be replaced with greater companion experiance treatise.
    I was totally joking. I like rank 4s better than rank 5s.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Actually, you can earn more than that. It takes 10 tokens from each of the three zones, so 3.33 days... the first would be available on the fourth day, then the eighth day, then on the eleventh and the cycle starts over. As Kelt says, however, you don't need to max out every power to be effective.

Sorry, but that is not correct. Each Power Point requires 15k AD, 15 Gold and 150 Feywild Sparks to make in addition to the ten tokens from each zone. You can only earn 15 Feywild Sparks a day from the Daily Quest and 100 from the Weekly. So you can only earn a maximum of 205 Feywild Sparks a week, allowing you to create up to four Power Points every three weeks.

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    This thread has truely become mathematics heaven.

This thread has truely become mathematics heaven.

Not quite, you need to flick through this current thread for that:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1230361/bonding-should-be-limited-to-first-2-runestones

>:)

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I just find it odd people got 3-4 power points in a row.. I dont remember ever even getting back to back ones.. maybe.. didnt really track it hard.

but I know, I never got 3-4..

Most classes are good at or around 90.. some like DC and CW.. are better into the low 100's.

GWF/GF can get away with like 88 ...

EVERY class has stupid things like SOOTHE and GRAND FISSURE (whats grand about that!) that you never need.

@qexotic

For a completely fresh player that is true. It depends then on how long you you have been playing the character. The only reason my characters aren't maxed out at 1000 sparks each is because I throw them in the guild coffer.
    edited April 2017
    pitshade said:

@qexotic

For a completely fresh player that is true. It depends then on how long you you have been playing the character. The only reason my characters aren't maxed out at 1000 sparks each is because I throw them in the guild coffer.

@pitshade

Engages nit-picking mode....I gave the requirements to create Power Points in Sharandar that you left out. I have been playing for over two years, none of my four characters are maxed out in Feywild Sparks as I rarely visit Sharandar with any of them these days. Anyone looking to generate Power Points using this route needs to be aware of all of the requirements, not just the ones a long time player still takes into account.....Disengages nit-picking mode >:)

qexotic said:

pitshade said:

@qexotic

@pitshade

Engages nit-picking mode....I gave the requirements to create Power Points in Sharandar that you left out. I have been playing for over two years, none of my four characters are maxed out in Feywild Sparks as I rarely visit Sharandar with any of them these days. Anyone looking to generate Power Points using this route needs to be aware of all of the requirements, not just the ones a long time player still takes into account.....Disengages nit-picking mode >:)

My 5 capable characters visit Sharandar every week for the weekly quick 6750 raw AD (including AD bonus).
    Because of that, I get 100 Sparks every week for each toon. Average time to get those AD is about 3 minutes.
    edited April 2017
    Yes, the Arcane Reservoir weekly for the RAD and the thaum stones keep me close to maxed out on sparks.

I just find it odd people got 3-4 power points in a row.. I dont remember ever even getting back to back ones.. maybe.. didnt really track it hard.

but I know, I never got 3-4..

Most classes are good at or around 90.. some like DC and CW.. are better into the low 100's.

GWF/GF can get away with like 88 ...

EVERY class has stupid things like SOOTHE and GRAND FISSURE (whats grand about that!) that you never need.

Are you stating that it can't happen because it hasn't happened to you or something else?

Some players just want all skills at rank 4, no harm, no foul. Eventually it would happen anyway unless of course a player refuses to spend the points. Some players use the "stupid" skills, all players aren't cookie cutter build runners.

• wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    i used to do arcane reservor nearly everyweek for ADs, thaum stones, whatever it drops for gold (worthless), hadnt bother kits since they nerfed since they often yeilds non-tradeable mound sigils which i dont want.

sigils are becoming more offending and most hated items from chests. i personally believe, in my opinion, those sigils are belong in stable vendors, once buying a choice of sigil, then you can use your crafters to make upgrades.
    devs however could add special sigils as "unique" version, no green or blue copies in lockboxes.
  • damontar#5477 damontar Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    The problem with getting Companion Upgrade tokens is Money.. I am a VIP rank 9 i get my keys save them for a week and on top of that I BUY KEYS. and after a year of the RNG Demon i have 20 tokens.. 20!!! and not one single companion out of any of the hundreds of companion packs rewarded from the lockboxes... No Big Deal.. But these people at Perfect World Arc or whoever doesn't really care about making it easier for us to get 120 Tokens in a years time of playing. They Want Your Money.. Simply put. The can care less about you getting an imp to Legendary status or not.. and getting those 30 Companion tokens out of the box is like someone opening a box for the very first time and getting that Legendary Glorious Mount Pack. Can it Happen? Yes.. Does it Matter to them?? Yes... it means someone forgot to hit the stop button to stop that person from getting it, and then they lose out on some money for keys to have that person open up more... or does it???

Case in Point unless they are getting paid with our Money getting the rewards changed is next to "Never Gonna Happen"

I'm all for it.. give out the Better Companion books 50k exp vrs the 5 @ 1500... Rank 5 enchants... i'm 50/50 on. I don't mind getting them BUT after almost 100 power points and counting I would LOVE to see some rank 7's instead. Heck Make a Fashion Line from common to Legendary and add that into the mix that is Account Bound. 1 piece at a time. Get the developers to Create a Weapon or Armor Enchantment that is CLASS specific that is Character Bound starting at rank 6 and adding that into the mix. Give us some Flavor!! Give us a reason to Grind even harder... Might be surprised on how many EXP booster deals you might sell cause of it..

Rant over.. Penny tossed..