test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mod 11 made NSVA obsolete for tanks and healers

donnythdonnyth Member Posts: 122 Arc User
There are no longer any tanks or healers willing to go to NSVA, as the new weapons are better for their class. The only ones who might want to go are probably getting the runes for their alts. This needs fixing. I suggest being able to purchase the runes or at least the blue ones from the stormking store.
Secrets of the Ring ID: nw-dt25qalqy

Comments

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    They kind of fixed it by making the arcane focus drop rate so low. At the rate my GF and DC are getting them, they won't get their weapons till mod 12. Maybe some other tanks and healers might reconsider and go for relic instead. That's if they don't give up on the game seeing how the devs doubled-down on the grind level and it will be the norm for future mods.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    IMO the biggest problem with getting groups for normal Svardborg is that the bar is too high to get in. We saw this in Mod 3 with Kessel's Retreat. When Black Ice damage and Black Ice resistance still existed, you needed 28% Black Ice resistance to enter Kessel's Retreat -- and, like Svardborg, you needed that resistance only to enter, not to remain.

The result: hardly anyone was running Kessel's Retreat and it was extremely hard to get a group together to run it. Gating content behind specific gear is a mistake, and doubly so when said gear requires constant grinding to maintain it. Too many people simply won't bother because it's too much of a hassle.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    Also... new weapons are easier to get and their bonus are more "reliable": you won't proc any defensive bonus accidentaly when dodging or blocking.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • Options
    kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    SVA/mSVA is about to get even worse to do as once the DC changes now on Preview hit live, melee classes will be largely unwelcome in SVA (aside from the tank). After all, your DPS as a melee class when standing on a rune for half the fight away from the boss is pretty dismal. Get those runs in now before people only want ranged DPS for those runs.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    No one is going to do msva because of the arcane focus drop rate. Keys for msva either cost you zen or a have a time gated grind that puts mod 11 to shame.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    urabask said:

No one is going to do msva because of the arcane focus drop rate. Keys for msva either cost you zen or a have a time gated grind that puts mod 11 to shame.

Uhm......the arcane focus drop rate has nothing to do with it ... the daily drop limit basically means you need to grind dig sites for 28 days at a minimum....more like 40 in most cases. Is that really much better than mSVA?

No, the reason many people will go for the M11 weapons instead of the relic weapons is that the M11 ones are soloable. You don't need to be part of an "elite" or even particularly well geared to do the content and get the rewards. IL 2500 can do it easily.

Yes, the relic weapons are most definetly better for the DPS classes - M11 Fey is probably better for DCs - I'm not sure about tanks, but at the very least I cannot see many DCS start doing mSVA now...they will go for M11 instead.

Then again, the changes to the DCs means that mSVA will be a lot tougher for many groups, but that's a totally separate issue.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    You need MSVA to get the item to upgrade relic armor though.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Yes it is better than msva because you don't need to do two campaigns and 200+ runs of a raid. 40 days of dig sites is like doing skt. Then you'd need to do fbi, somi and msva on top of that. And you'll end up having to spend zen in keys too. Just the ilvl requirements are going to make people skip it.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    40 days of dig sites only if you hit like 20 of them each day to try to get 3 focus. That takes like two hours even for a HDPS toon. People who do just 5 dig sites to satisfy the dailies end up with about one focus a day. Takes 3-4 months to get the weapons.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Seeing how the devs folded to a few crying whales like it was laundry day means this level of grind will be the norm for future mods going forward. Devs do listen to the players, just the 1% whales is more important than the rest of the 99.9% of the player population.
  • Options
    xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    So ... There's .9% they listen to without listening to ?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Yea, this kind of makes Mod 11 less fun. I now have everything I need to restore one weapon set, with the exception of the Arcane Focus where I need 14 more days (assuming I get 3/day).

The weapons were a little too easy to get originally on Preview, but thanks to a few whiny players who thought that just because they had suffered through a mind-numbing grind to get the Relic weapons, anyone wanting weapons that are almost as good had to suffer as well, the devs reacted, made it much harder to get them....but at least they are admitting now that they may have overreacted.
    Post edited by adinosii on
  • Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    SMH... I Have 6 Legendary Relic Weapons... 2 on my TR and 1 for my GF, SW, CW, GWF... I'll continue to do esva and nsva (now) and we in my channel have been doing the mechanics of esva correctly since the start because I knew the DC would be fixed eventually.

The same attitudes expressed above are the MAIN and almost ONLY reason that sva is difficult. It's hardest to FIND a group.. second hardest to get that group to do things right.

DC;s that don't already HAVE Loyal Rings.. or want BiS rings for their main toon and not just their pet will go for +5 Power/Recovery Rings.

Getting reputation for sva rings is almost automatic if you are smart and doing maps in Somi anyways.

As long as people continue to willingly be ignorant... they will never do sva... or FBI.. for that matter... but. the smarter players on the server will always take advantage of OPPORTUNITIES given to them.. be the first in line to do so... instead of nerfing themselves for months, just to find they have to wait months more to get inferior things.. :D.

because of the way that Mod 10 is, I now for the very first time have all of my Mains with legendary Weapons AND legendary/mystic Artifacts sets. Before Mod 10 I've only ever had legendary weapons on 1 toons and that usually only happened right before that weapon was made non-BiS.

If you haven't watched my videos on SKT content yet, please do so. bit.ly/noneliteskt. And please comment so others can see the thread too.

I'll be getting my DC a Fey Weapon... but it's a much less benefitial and more annoying process to get that Fey weapon than getting the Relic weapons ever was for my other toons. Plus... I'll ahve to either delay getting my Fey Weapons OR Delay unlocking Spellplague on the toons i want the Ascended Weapons for... which is only my DC.. and 2 OP (someday).

So... I'd say it's pretty much a trade off.. depending on what you prefer. The relic weapon grind was ALOT more productive and profitable in other ways than just getting the weapon... the Ascended Grind is just really a time sink and is a barrier to unlocking other important parts of the campaign....
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    The one advantage I do see of the ascendant weapons is that everything, other than the mirage weapons, can be done completely solo. That is a good thing when you are in a guild that most of the other people live in different times zones, so they are not online when you are.
  • Options

The one advantage I do see of the ascendant weapons is that everything, other than the mirage weapons, can be done completely solo. That is a good thing when you are in a guild that most of the other people live in different times zones, so they are not online when you are.

Or if you just prefer to play solo. I am in a great guild, and I do run dungeons and such with them, but 90% of the time I play solo, as that is what I prefer to do. Sure - it may take a bit longer - I spend on the average 8 minutes to clear a dig site (after all, I'm a DC, not a "hdps"), but I could do it in half the time in a group.

But...this is my choice, and I am happy I have this option.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Yes same with my main, a non-HDPS DC. So no real desire to even think about getting the relic weapons anyway. I spend about the same amount of time clearing the digsites, depending on the group that is in there. Some are easier to clear than others, i.e. kobolds is much easier than say Kabal forces.
  • Options
    zhaker#4665 zhaker Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    donnyth said:

There are no longer any tanks or healers willing to go to NSVA, as the new weapons are better for their class. The only ones who might want to go are probably getting the runes for their alts. This needs fixing. I suggest being able to purchase the runes or at least the blue ones from the stormking store.

The problem here is a number of factors (I play support and DPS classes):

1. The IL Requirement for the 2 isnt too far off, meaning that if most of the Support's are 3.2k they can do MSVA over NSVA over the choices given.

2. In NSVA people think its alot easier than MSVA which is not true, as the effort is close to the same. So my success rate in NSVA is quite low compared to MSVA as people in MSVA are driven to succeed. The NSVA PuG groups are hoping to cruise it for some reason.

3. Rewards in NSVA is pathetic (except for Historian Regalia ONLY, wow....)

IMO I think these are the ways that NSVA will be popular and be more driven:

1. Allow the time limit to double on NSVA if not more (like 40 minutes if need be or indefinite).

2. Allow it so that in NSVA if you follow correct mechanic for Call of Winter there is a buff that allows you to do more damage (not available for MSVA). Another example is that if you got red circles on you AND you havent hit anyone, you get a buff that is like "DETERMINED" to give more damage to the boss (should NOT be available for MSVA). And if you get ice and you break it quickly in 5 seconds you get another buff for more damage (this SHOULD also be in MSVA).\

UPDATE: Instead of Damage even provide a free get out of jail so that it allows people to make a mistake to let them know if they screw up a mechanic or two.

3. Rewards should also provide armor and equipment to allow people to get to 3.1k (like higher chance of getting decent gear to get you there like frostborn equipment or something). (like a 10-20% chance), as well as Rank 8's enchantments that would be cool. MSVA should reward 2x Rank 8 Enchants too.

But that's my 2 cents.
  • Options
    guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    weaver936 said:

SMH... I Have 6 Legendary Relic Weapons... 2 on my TR and 1 for my GF, SW, CW, GWF... I'll continue to do esva and nsva (now) and we in my channel have been doing the mechanics of esva correctly since the start because I knew the DC would be fixed eventually.

The same attitudes expressed above are the MAIN and almost ONLY reason that sva is difficult. It's hardest to FIND a group.. second hardest to get that group to do things right.

DC;s that don't already HAVE Loyal Rings.. or want BiS rings for their main toon and not just their pet will go for +5 Power/Recovery Rings.

Getting reputation for sva rings is almost automatic if you are smart and doing maps in Somi anyways.

As long as people continue to willingly be ignorant... they will never do sva... or FBI.. for that matter... but. the smarter players on the server will always take advantage of OPPORTUNITIES given to them.. be the first in line to do so... instead of nerfing themselves for months, just to find they have to wait months more to get inferior things.. :D.

because of the way that Mod 10 is, I now for the very first time have all of my Mains with legendary Weapons AND legendary/mystic Artifacts sets. Before Mod 10 I've only ever had legendary weapons on 1 toons and that usually only happened right before that weapon was made non-BiS.

If you haven't watched my videos on SKT content yet, please do so. bit.ly/noneliteskt. And please comment so others can see the thread too.

I'll be getting my DC a Fey Weapon... but it's a much less benefitial and more annoying process to get that Fey weapon than getting the Relic weapons ever was for my other toons. Plus... I'll ahve to either delay getting my Fey Weapons OR Delay unlocking Spellplague on the toons i want the Ascended Weapons for... which is only my DC.. and 2 OP (someday).

So... I'd say it's pretty much a trade off.. depending on what you prefer. The relic weapon grind was ALOT more productive and profitable in other ways than just getting the weapon... the Ascended Grind is just really a time sink and is a barrier to unlocking other important parts of the campaign....

Cmon Weave , your channel was good while it lasted but with Mod 11 running mSVA and SVA will slow down and eventually be deserted.
    Mod 10-10.5 weapons are good only if your DPS. Not if you're Tank or DC. Mod 10-10.5 are not Solo Friendly either. Mod 11 let you farm its weapons at your own pace ,it is solo friendly and let you play with low IL's PUGS...something Mod 10-10.5 will never let you do .
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    hustin1 said:

Gating content behind specific gear is a mistake, and doubly so when said gear requires constant grinding to maintain it. Too many people simply won't bother because it's too much of a hassle.

That's exactly why I skipped much of mod 10. My DC and Tank would totally run the content to help others and enjoy the run, even if I don't need the gear, except I still haven't unlocked SVA (though my tank's almost there).

I have enough gear + potions + food to queue for FBI but it's just a pain to get that resist stat (only to dump it after getting in, since it's not needed for success).

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Once you start to get gear from Mod 10 the resist % doesn't really matter. I've got 2 pieces of Relic gear, relic weapons and 2 rings (they don't have to be orange) and my resist is at 42. You only need 28%.
  • Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Mod 10 was a bad flash back to Mod 3 without even having a PvP hook to it. So just like that Mod you can be sure most will keep moving on either way . Just the nature of these things.