test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cloaked Ascendancy Preview Patch Notes: NW.75.20170306d.1 (Notes in progress)

Comments

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

mistran said:

i have't been able to get a single focus for 7 days in a row at this rate i won't be able to ever get the weapons...

You have to dig for 12 to 16 hours some days for the focus. :p
    Alt friendly... Not even main friendly.
  • Options
    niubaracsniubaracs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    terramak said:

Hey there folks,

Transcendent and Pure Vorpal Enchantments' functionality now properly match their tooltips.
    Several new categories have been added to the Auction House.
    Don't know it was bugged, could someone explain how?
  • Options
    michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    Now they correctly apply the 2% debuff when you crit, I think that's what they are referring to.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Today i got 3 arcanic focus in 5 dig sites on my gwf and 0 on the same number of dig sites on my cleric...but giving some tought into what we will really get conclusion is easy, go for the main weapon (sorry HR's), the secondary bonus will be at best 2% damage adition, that and the extra stats from the off hand probably 3 %, i can live with those 3% less untill the next double rp...and when comparing to SoMi weapons (lanolin still very expensive) since i can do this easly while doing the campain i will not be investing "side time" so doing the quests means getting ad or doing the campain or both (in the case of weekly for example).

• Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    hastening light decrease hallowed ground cooldown is it wai?\
    actually reading again the tooltip hastening light decrease recharge times for allies says. so i guess it is wai.
  • Options
    mistran said:

i have't been able to get a single focus for 7 days in a row at this rate i won't be able to ever get the weapons...

arcanic focus has cooldown 24 hours and it seems to have rate 1/3 dig sites.
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    Strange... well, not that strange, but i think there is a weekly limit for AC too :/ I have 7 digs that are still working, and i usually do 2 runs per day, 14 digs in total. Usually i get those 3 (4 is veeeerryyy rraaarrreee) ACs per day doing those 14 dig sites, but this Saturday and Sunday i've got 0, 28 digsites runs :# Today, after weekly reset (?), i've got 3 ACs in first 5 digs, then nothing at all, only resources (which is normal thing sadly)
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2017

actually reading again the tooltip hastening light decrease recharge times for allies says. so i guess it is wai.

Allways resetted DC´s encounter and allies.
    In case you use HAstening light+ some recovery you can spam HG in a row, by casting AA in between. "Double daily setup", as predicted. Buffs get more crazy, especially DO+AC together will be redicules, but you lose permaimmunity.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

In case you use HAstening light+ some recovery you can spam HG in a row, by casting AA in between. "Double daily setup", as predicted. Buffs get more crazy, especially DO+AC together will be redicules, but you lose permaimmunity.
    Buffs maybe get more crazy but now the team have to worry not only to not get hit but also the fact now annointed army expires after 4 hit and you lose everything and the power part( devs didnt mention that)>

AND now tanking will need more than ever because everything is a chain. EVEN a top party if dont have someone to hold threat( example if orcus turn to members and hit them who will do the monster dps??:P) About the other classes to build more defensive mentality than squishy !
  • Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited March 2017

Buffs maybe get more crazy but now the team have to worry not only to not get hit but also the fact now annointed army expires after 4 hit and you lose everything and the power part( devs didnt mention that)>

AND now tanking will need more than ever because everything is a chain. EVEN a top party if dont have someone to hold threat( example if orcus turn to members and hit them who will do the monster dps??:P) About the other classes to build more defensive mentality than squishy !
    Do you REALLY think these are BAD things? You mean players will actually have to THINK to play and not just slap keys?

How did some of you people even get to 70?
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I thought AA was supposed to expire after a number of hits -- one hit per "ball" orbiting you. I'm always puzzled when it's on me and that doesn't happen.

It will be interesting. Maybe ultra-CC CW's like mine will come back into favor (she was built specifically for the old eSP and the old CN). Or maybe the fact that nearly all of my alts are built like M1A2 Abrams tanks won't be such a bad thing...
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

Do you REALLY think these are BAD things? You mean players will actually have to THINK to play and not just slap keys?

I think your argument would be more effective if you took a positive tone :) Aren't you the one who's always rallying about building community?

That said, I think that the theory and the reality differ here. Theoretically it'll be great if everyone suddenly starts playing better. Realistically, I think a lot of people will be discouraged by how "hard" the content becomes. I predict many will be angry that they used to be able to do dungeons fast, and now they will be much slower and they'll be dying a lot more (because, you know, they are not going to learn proper footwork overnight).

What will come of it? I don't know. But I don't think that it will be as rosy as you imply. I worry that it will make the game even less accessible to new players.

And I'm not defending having immortality, but there is a serious balance that needs to be struck between tailoring difficulty to newer players and high level elite players. I'm seriously worried that the nerf to AA without any meaningful adjustments to provide other sources of mitigation will make the experience a lot worse for newer players. Theoretically they'll learn, realistically they'll leave.

That's just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    devlin#3775 devlin Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    dupeks said:

weaver936 said:

I think your argument would be more effective if you took a positive tone :) Aren't you the one who's always rallying about building community?

That said, I think that the theory and the reality differ here. Theoretically it'll be great if everyone suddenly starts playing better. Realistically, I think a lot of people will be discouraged by how "hard" the content becomes. I predict many will be angry that they used to be able to do dungeons fast, and now they will be much slower and they'll be dying a lot more (because, you know, they are not going to learn proper footwork overnight).

What will come of it? I don't know. But I don't think that it will be as rosy as you imply. I worry that it will make the game even less accessible to new players.

And I'm not defending having immortality, but there is a serious balance that needs to be struck between tailoring difficulty to newer players and high level elite players. I'm seriously worried that the nerf to AA without any meaningful adjustments to provide other sources of mitigation will make the experience a lot worse for newer players. Theoretically they'll learn, realistically they'll leave.

That's just my 2 cents.
    Definitely agree with your 2 cents. Immortality is one thing (one in which I think is exaggerated anyway; but I digress), but I think many groups are going to struggle with these changes. I'm sure that in time people will adjust. But that's assuming they take the time to adjust rather than throw their arms up in the air and walk away.

I really wish they would have provided meaningful buffs to our defensive skills (warding flare/as/da) to offset the changes to AA. It would have (i think) created an interesting choice for the dc's of protect your group OR buff the damage of your group.

As it stands, the changes just further emphasize buffing the groups damage as much as you can, and everyone takes care of themselves. This change was an opportunity missed to fix the defensive side of dc's.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Well 1 thing is garanteed, not just some people will start to be more carefull with their survival but also we will see a lot more of taticians out there wich is nice imo, now the other good move would be fix iron guard, @terramak can iron guard be fixed before DC rework goes live? (currently only one stack working).

• Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    @terramak @dreadnaught#5263 @mimicking#6533

Okay so I am starting a small project to test the tooltips, weapon enchant procs, combat logs, and animation issues with the current cleric powers on preview. I am including the tooltip and a video of the power in each listing. I will probably attempt some other tests when I get done, but we will see where this gets first.

First off, this is the character I am using for ALL tests.

No gear, no feats, no boons, no level up stat points, no mount equipped powers, no insignias.
    The only thing equipped is a test weapon and a T. Lifedrinker enchant.

I will only be posting what I find strange so far, but I will hopefully be able to make a google doc outlining all of the abilities. All abilities are being tested at rank 1.

Flame Strike

http://plays.tv/video/58c89905a0506b7d2a/flame-strike-rank-1-

[Combat (Self)] Your Flame Strike deals 4017 Fire Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Flame Strike deals 6427 Fire Damage to Target Dummy.

Tooltip pass
    Proc weapon enchants fail
    Animation pass
    Combat log pass
    Does not proc weapon enchants at all. Will not proc any secondary effects such as Wheel of Elements: Fire either.

Searing Light - Divinity

http://plays.tv/video/58c892502fb4de482b/searing-light-divinity-rank-1-

[Combat (Self)] Your Lifedrinker Weapon deals 162 Necrotic Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Searing Light deals 316 Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Lifedrinker Weapon deals 202 Necrotic Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Searing Light deals 316 Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Lifedrinker Weapon deals 202 Necrotic Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Searing Light deals 2109 Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

Tooltip fail
    Proc weapon enchants fail
    Animation pass
    Combat log pass
    Odd 5th proc of weapon enchant on primary target, and no damage listed in the tooltip for divinity mode.

(to be continued)
    Post edited by darthtzarr on

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Chains of Blazing Light

http://plays.tv/video/58c89a14a639df6ed9/chains-of-blazing-light-rank-1-

[Combat (Self)] Your Lifedrinker Weapon deals 259 Necrotic Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Lifedrinker Weapon deals 259 Necrotic Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Chains of Blazing Light deals 4820 Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Chains of Blazing Light deals 4820 Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

Tooltip pass
    Proc weapon enchants pass
    Animation fail
    Combat log pass
    Chain animation on the ground lingers for an extended period of time after the ability ends. This effect remains for enemies as well, including the full red danger circle, even though the ability has already been discharged. I cannot seem to get the "inactive chains" issue to work on the test cleric, so it is either ghost fixed, or is caused by another feat/boon. Or didn't test it enough. The inactive chains bug still exists. I have not figured out how to reliably repeat it, other than to just spam chains on dummies for hours. Once it starts, you cannot stop it. Even going to the character select screen will not solve the inactive chains. Uploading a video of the bug. The video is in a later post.

Sunburst - Divinity

http://plays.tv/video/58c88b0e6f856ab6f0/sunburst-divinity-rank-1-
    [Combat (Self)] Your Lifedrinker Weapon deals 162 Necrotic Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Sun Burst deals 723 Radiant Damage to Target Dummy.

Tooltip fail
    Proc weapon enchants pass
    Animation pass
    Combat log pass
    The tooltip is incorrect in divinity mode. The damage tooltip is altered by healing bonus, so it likely was combined with the healing value of the power.

Post edited by darthtzarr on

• Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    dupeks said:

weaver936 said:

That's just my 2 cents.
    The whining is what has made the Community as Dysfunctional as it is... the Easy Content is the reason the Community is as Dysfunctional as it is.

I'm ENCOURAGED that the Devs are holding thier ground with making END GAME content actually challenging. I personally believe that this MUST happen for a healthy and mutally benefitial community to grow into being a real majority in NW... and this is actually the best possible thing that can happen for new players.

I started this game as a DC... DO/DC in mod 3... first toon i ever played to 60 (max level then) and I didn't know enough about the game to know taht PvP was supposedly too hard to do... and that AC/DC was supposedly the best spec (I didn't change to AC/DC until FBI came out). I think my experience with DC before Empowerment ever existed and since had increased my ability to play effectively all other classes.

I said when I created my CW (at the time it was considered the best DPS by most) that if I had started playing the game as a CW.. i probably never would have tolerated playing a DC until 60.. lol.

My point is this... SHARED Adversity can either bring people closer together or cause them to turn on one another. You see this currently in the game today... Adversity (challenging content that has a hook in it like Weapons) has lead the worse elements of our Community here to be exclusionist, Elitists... exploitative of other people.. and generally abusive of the fellow party members.

However, in some smaller segments of the game's community people are banding together and helping each other with runs, information, class builds etc... I HOPE with almost all of my heart that these types of people will become the main influence in the game... even if it means the game has to lose a lot of the Old Boys Club of Easy Riders that used to run the game community and make most people think we had to be like them to have anything nice in game.

I believe in Individuals... I believe in Individuals being able to meet any challenge that's set in front of them, if they work together. But, I also believe the Mob mentality is more likely when the only people that run their heads are people that whine and say things are too hard... that the little guys needs level 1-70 difficulty level in Epic dungeons too.. or they just won't be able to play the game.

I don't value Community so much that I think we should dumb everyone down to the lower common denominator... I think Communities greatest benefit to humanity only comes if it's encourages people to reach their max potential... not conform to be average or mediocre/
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
  • Options
    fluffy6977fluffy6977 Member Posts: 291 Arc User

Well 1 thing is garanteed, not just some people will start to be more carefull with their survival but also we will see a lot more of taticians out there wich is nice imo, now the other good move would be fix iron guard, @terramak can iron guard be fixed before DC rework goes live? (currently only one stack working).

Seconded on the Iron Guard fix.

Unfortunately it's not very likely that you'll see more tacticians. The capstone for that is either bugged or misrepresented - the bonus for damage resist does not currently work. Whether its a bug, or a part of the feature that was turned off around the nerf to haste is anyone's guess. Either way, it's an entirely awkward capstone without it, since most GF's either spec DPS and won't run it, or spec Tank and either stop running it at higher item levels (the higher your own damage resist the less effective the feat) or try to take the hit without the shield and roll the dice on surviving or not. Either way it's lackluster, and 3/4 of the best buffs in that tree can be picked up while investing in another tree's capstone, so not much incentive to go full tactician.

Separate point, as someone who mains a GF I actually like the reduction in party damage mitigation from DC's. While I recognize with the rampancy of lifesteal and glass cannon builds resulting in one shots healers are the outlier and a lot of groups prefer the DC to fulfill a buffer role, it honestly devalues the tank classes ability to protect their team (honestly, with AA as is on live, no one wants a GF for tanking, we get brought along for buffs) and would rather see DC relevant in a way that does not invalidate another class/role. I'm more than happy to see HG and AS retain that functionality, but I do not think DC's should get more, it makes tanks optional in many cases. (obviously not talking about mSVA, FBI, current endgame usually requires a tank of some kind, albeit with the AA version on live usually its just for the really hard hits/positioning.)

• Options
    weaver936 said:

THe opposite i like those changes. AND will be interesting how a dps will able to handle a lightning enchantment the way it pulls the monsters. THe removal of immortality will help any player to perform better to his-her class unlike now Behaviors: "slot any dps-buff-debuff dont worry army cover you" " stand in red and dps" " do not control monsters" " facetank boss"
    "call of winter throw me drufi i dont care" and and and.............
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @dreadnaught#5263 @terramak @mimicking#6533

Prophecy of Doom procs weapon enchants before the debuff is applied. If the weapon enchant proc will kill the target, prophecy of doom procs (showing "Doom!" on the screen) with the light show, sound effects, and everything; followed by prophecy of doom going on cooldown, and not refunding AP. This is obviously only an issue with enemies with very small HP values, but it is still an issue.

Also, Prophecy of Doom goes on cooldown and does not generate AP if the target dies before the cast animation ends. Either Prophecy of Doom should stop mid-cast, due to invalid target, or it should refund the cooldown if the target is dead by the end of the cast animation.

Finally, if the target stops existing, but is not killed, Prophecy of Doom will not refund AP or the cooldown. This happens when you mark a summoned creature, and it's master is killed. It can also happen if your target is a player who just logged out (yes Prophecy of Doom has a cast animation so long that people can logout while you are casting it on them).

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

mistran said:

You have to dig for 12 to 16 hours some days for the focus. :p
    Actually I have found I need a lot less .. after figuring out when my daily reset is. If I start doing dig sites after the reset, I get my 3 daily Arcanic Focus quite rapidly. Last night, for example, I got them on the second, fourth and fifth dig site I visited (and no, I did not use the exploit....eh..."unintended feature"). After that, experience has told me not to expect any more AFs for the next 23 hours.

Of course, all this will (probably?) (hopefully?) be obsolete tomorrow, as the devs have indicated that some changes will be made then.

Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    @treesclimber
    "@terramak can iron guard be fixed "
    @fluffy6977
    "Seconded on the Iron Guard fix. "
    Thirded on the Iron Guard fix.

@fluffy6977
    "it's not very likely that you'll see more tacticians. The capstone for that is either bugged or misrepresented - the bonus for damage resist does not currently work. Whether its a bug, or a part of the feature that was turned off around the nerf to haste is anyone's guess.... so not much incentive to go full tactician."

I think you are confusing the trees, bro. Iron Guard is the Protector capstone not tactician.
    It is a damage debuff not a damage resistance buff.
    But we all agree it is broken and must be fixed.
    This is on topic because fixing the Iron Guard stacks will perfectly compliment the DC AA nerf. Will distribute damage mitigation sources.

Would make for very nice pairings: AC-DC (high mitigation) + Tact-GF (high buff) or DO-DC (high buff with the new terrifying impact) + Prot-GF (high mitigation with stacking Iron Guard).

Edit. Damn autocorrect.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @terramak
    @dreadnaught#5263
    The DC rework did some changes to Devine Armor, leading to a far better temporary HP buff.
    But that HP buff vanishes in 4 seconds after casting the daily, on live the temp HP stays far longer.
    I am not sure if this is how it is ment to be. If so, that daily is pretty "unhandy" imho.
  • Options

@terramak
    @dreadnaught#5263
    The DC rework did some changes to Devine Armor, leading to a far better temporary HP buff.
    But that HP buff vanishes in 4 seconds after casting the daily, on live the temp HP stays far longer.
    I am not sure if this is how it is ment to be. If so, that daily is pretty "unhandy" imho.

Back to tatician GF's, the AP gain a tatician can give is insane, so expect FBI/SVA runs with DC DO continuouslly spaming DA, not just that but expect even more runs with paladins and taticians, the healing from beacon of hope + prism will completly throw to uselessness any atempt for the DC to heal :S that will be the meta now without AA.

• Options
    edited March 2017

@terramak
    @dreadnaught#5263

Back to tatician GF's, the AP gain a tatician can give is insane, so expect FBI/SVA runs with DC DO continuouslly spaming DA, not just that but expect even more runs with paladins and taticians, the healing from beacon of hope + prism will completly throw to uselessness any atempt for the DC to heal :S that will be the meta now without AA.

I lately respecced to Tactitian and the average AP a tactitian spends from MM for a warlock running mSVA or FBI is about 5 to max. 7%. Maybe it will be more, when AA is fixed and you have to handle more incoming damage.
    Tactitian is an overall good way to support a party by AP gain, 65% mitigation from marked targets, ITF 35% buff.
    Tbh, I think a Conqueror at maxed gear will be the better support, spending 5% less ITF and AP, but dealing far more damage, especially in a 5-man dungeon.

About new meta I bet it´s gonna be:
    1. AC/DC - AA is still viable if spammed and AS, HG, BtS, inclusive powerbuffs from Bob+WoL are too hard to beat
    2. DO/DC - TI+ HG chained, maybe devine armor in between (in case they fix it)
    Protection will come from classes like GF+OP, heals? Maybe OP or templock, but they have to beat the third DC...
    I am sure a virtous or faithfull DC is doing the job as healer pretty good by using BoH + DG + xy
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Ouch Becky...you go girl!
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    On behalf of the HRs, thanks so much for the PG fix.
    No idea what my toon is now.
This discussion has been closed.