test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Orcus vs Lostmauth vs Dexterity: which is best?

donnythdonnyth Member Posts: 122 Arc User
Has anyone tested or know of anyone who has tested these on the Ranger?
Secrets of the Ring ID: nw-dt25qalqy

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
  • Options
    alliera7311alliera7311 Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    Its tough to decide that. Depends on what you are doing.
    Guild: TLO GH 20
    Main: EMERALD LEGEND
  • Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    orcus get nod on long fights like fbi and msva a lot more dps! 389 mil orcus in msva vs 349mill dex belt in same team runs back to back. But dex belt for all others its slightly better etos 169 mil dex vs 155 mill orcus]
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Are those numbers with a trapper build or with a combat build..?

Unhappy because the only option left is expensive. Use the orcus set neck and artifact, and have both the dex belt and the orcus belt at Orange ready to swap out. Dex for trash mobs, orcus for bosses. Sometimes I wish I'd rolled a gwf 3 years ago, instead of an Hr, would have made my life a whole lot simpler.
    Post edited by jonkoca on
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Just get the Valhalla Set, extremely cheap with 2 Dex on there.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    Meh, kinda gave up on pvp till the devs get round to making the soloq permanant. I already have the dex belt at legendary for +4.
  • Options
    I AM FULL BLOWN COMBAT. Note for everything but FBI and MSVA you will not see much DPS change but the Guild rank 2 giant marks are on my set up for those 2 as well and are some of the extra damage but you will see a difference from Orcus set on those 2 events
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Hmm. Well damn. Now I don't know what to do. I guess come double rp I'll swap orcus artifact and neck, and refine orcus belt separately. Just what I need, more gear to lug around lol.
  • Options
    alliera7311alliera7311 Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    Orcus set is what I use. Despite all it's set backs it is still the best more so in the new duns. Stuff that is super squishy the dex is belt seems to be better on, but only slightly. Group composition has a lot to do with it too. More uptime you have the better it is. Just think if they fixed what it doesn't interact with how much better it would be!
    Guild: TLO GH 20
    Main: EMERALD LEGEND
  • Options
    issssshoisssssho Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User
    Since nobody mentioned it I guess I will...If you are trapper go dex belt (without power stat bonus from it you profit ~4% extra dps) - since orcus set dont work with many trapper mechanisms (roots, some at wills etc.) ; and if you are combat obviously do go orcus set (excluding power stat addition you profit an average of ~11.6% extra dps)
    However difference in pure damage would normaly be ~8% (I do know my math, lazy to explain, check ability scores) it is a bit lower since dex belt grants you additional crit and arm pen - along with same stat in neck - and additional arti with potencially those stats too. However in the end orcus still wins.
    With great power comes great electricity bill.

THC
    http://www.theholycrusaders.com/
  • Options
    davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    There is another reason the Dex comes out on top. Do your math again. Specify the rotation, the spec sheet stats (should not be that different between sets), what/where the controlled test is executed.

When I hit a dummy, it saw an uptick with the Dex. That is enough for me to lean on the Dex with the current state of this game. With all the broken powers, clipping, etc, it is what it is, Dex for me.

Don't think for minute I am fixed on Dex. I have other sets to play with. When I started to settle into the HR, many established players leaned on the Dex for 'end-game' builds. Now if the Orc can WAI, then I may switch yet again. The Valhalla is another top contender. The end result is the stats sweet spot with each set.

Post edited by davidagaldo on
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • Options
    Another million rp and I'm good to go with both dex and orcus belt at legendary, so I'll swap them out on bosses.
  • Options
    /\/\/\/\ YEP
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I've spent time switched between all three. lm vs dex were pretty equal with lm being a little better. dex vs orcus it really depends on where you are and what you're doing. I haven't seen dex be clearly better at any point than orcus and I have seen orcus do much better than dex in some situations. I'm leaning towards just using orcus myself at this point. I still have the dex belt and I may try switching it out as needed thru the new dungeons and see if there is any slightly better uptick.. I;ve done this in cn.. and edemo.. It didn't work out better for me than just keeping orcus on all the time.

for my build and playstyle.. both of the sets are better than dex over all. I wish I could have tested orcus vs lm. I never played any of the new content with the lm set on. orcus set does better by huge numbers in new content.

ymmv of course... and it probably will. I think I'm a good solid middle of the road high il trapper. I know a lot of you are way better than me and because of that your experience with this is going to vary greatly from mine. you manage to eck out higher numbers than I do naturally and that's going to effect the numbers you see...

but that's my conclusion after a few months of rotating thru belts.
  • Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Well, this discussion just got a whole lot more complicated.... see Patch 11b gear on patch.
    Dex belt (+4 dex) and one of the new cloaks (+2 Wis/dex) might just win out. Hard to say.

In other news, loadouts = craziness. We can now be Trapper or Combat for trash, and Archer for bosses if inclined. But that's probably worthy of a different thread entirely to discuss those possibilities.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Loadouts=dual spec..? I thought it was just gear..? Holy complications batman.
  • Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    ^^ yep, exactly. You get one extra load out for free (so 2 specs saved) but can buy more with zen if inclined. I didn't toy around with it too much but the extra loadout is a FULL respec, meaning you can change feat trees, even path and stat points if inclined.

So you could be a SW combat for trash, and then a PF archer for bosses if you want. It's a whole new world. OPs can spec for heals or tanking; TRs can be Scoundrel for trash and Exe for bosses, etc.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Jesus Christ.

On a side note, I pity the min makers out there now, used to be, when you were bis, 1 trans weapon enchant, 1 trans armor was as much as you would ever need. However, it's getting to the point now where you need 2 weapon chants, trash and bosses, lightning and vorpal if you're a gwf say, or vorpal and dread if you want a dual spec combat / trapper... More still if you also want a pvp build where feytouched is still king. Neverwinter is a lesson in how to generate income without producing much in the way of new content atm.
    Post edited by jonkoca on
  • Options
    donnythdonnyth Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    I am archer only because what is the point being ranged if you're just going to be basically another TR? =/ But I now have both sets. I am still refining the Orcus set. So if anyone is interested in how it works for archery, I will post once I get the data.
    Secrets of the Ring ID: nw-dt25qalqy
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    **** those new necklaces....
    3M for orcus wasted...

btw im still not sure i will switch, stats allocation is not really awesome..i do not need armor pen/lifesteal.
    changing to them would allow me to slot another artifact tho ...
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Luckily I was waiting for double rp, so haven't blown up my old neck/waist yet. I'll take the dex/wis neck I guess, artifacts, I dunno. Was kinda looking forward to a bit more run speed.
  • Options
    are there artifact power crit and deflect?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I don't think so. Power and deflect yes. SW sigil and gond I remember. But crit ones are rarer. If there was one I'd have got one by now for pvp, so I guess not.
  • Options
    OFF TOPIC: i just traded some azures for savages and slot them in my companion.. the hp from savages doesnt seem to be added to my hp pool. did i forget something? i stopped playing for a while
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    HP from pets doesn't transfer.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    oh yah never know maybe the orcus set will still hit harder on big bosses than the individual pieces. load outs yah know. (of course maybe it won't too) lol