test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Does Illusionist's Gambit not give skirmish AD or is it bugged?

donnythdonnyth Member Posts: 122 Arc User
Does Illusionist's Gambit not give skirmish AD or is it bugged?
Secrets of the Ring ID: nw-dt25qalqy

Comments

• Options
    teflons7teflons7 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    I'd be willing to bet that it's intended. You're guaranteed to get a companion gear piece that's salvageable for at least 1k AD on every run. The other skirmishes, namely the demonic ones, don't really have that kind of return. You need either a good rating for a "free" ring at the end, or a key to open the chest. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it stayed the way it is, with likely that very explanation.
    Evolvent

Tre'Huggar - 70 HR
    Beefthor Battlebeard - 70 GF
    Beefer Sutherland - 70 CW
  • Options
    tuesdayrolld20tuesdayrolld20 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    teflons7 said:

I'd be willing to bet that it's intended. You're guaranteed to get a companion gear piece that's salvageable for at least 1k AD on every run. The other skirmishes, namely the demonic ones, don't really have that kind of return. You need either a good rating for a "free" ring at the end, or a key to open the chest. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it stayed the way it is, with likely that very explanation.

Yet KR, Shores and such give the full AD with a piece of 220AD equipment? I think it is more of a bug....I could be wrong.
    Miri Droverson

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Yeah, since when do other skirmishes not give regular AD *plus* a piece of salvage?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Since the loot changes, there has been an oddity with skirmish rewards in KR ESOT that list 2 RAD amounts in the same chest. One is for the normal amount. The second is for an amount similar to what IG grants. My guess is that this is a bug and so is the reward for IG. Hopefully it will get fixed as otherwise it has worse rewards, is more annoying and harder than MotH or Dread Legion. The 'guaranteed' 1k mentioned above is an inferior reward than the years old facerolls.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    teflons7teflons7 Member Posts: 78 Arc User

Yeah, since when do other skirmishes not give regular AD *plus* a piece of salvage?

D'oh! Forgot about Kessell's/Shores. Was just focusing on the actual Skirmish list in que. Blows that theory out. Though it does point to it probably being a bug/oversight.
    Evolvent

Tre'Huggar - 70 HR
    Beefthor Battlebeard - 70 GF
    Beefer Sutherland - 70 CW
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    you can figure out the approx drop rates of the salvage pieces.. over 50% of the time its green..

just lol.. at that piece of junk time waster this skirm turned out to be..

it goes back to rewards.. we all slammed them on rewards. and this skirm is exactly the same.

ALMOST every run.. you get what you dont want...

no one really wants to run this 150 times to get the comp gear they desire.

especially since its one of the very worst in terms of time to finish..

Why is this not in epic skirm list as well? with kr and esot.. its a tad harder then the other skirms, but has no i level limit.. when you pug it and 4 other toons at 1.4k i level are sitting around dying every ten seconds.. its no fun for anyone.

• Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User

. . . . . .

especially since its one of the very worst in terms of time to finish.. . . .

and one of the worst in terms of playing enjoyment.

Really - regurgitated map rooms with some mass mobs thrown at the players. Its nothing but an arena. Wow on one map you can jump really high, great. I'm sorry but it is awful. I've run it three times and already I would rather run eSOT 10000x more than this skirm.

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

and one of the worst in terms of playing enjoyment.

Really - regurgitated map rooms with some mass mobs thrown at the players. Its nothing but an arena. Wow on one map you can jump really high, great. I'm sorry but it is awful. I've run it three times and already I would rather run eSOT 10000x more than this skirm.

This. The pinatas are kinda funny.