test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Feature Request: Guild Management Tools

tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
edited February 2017 in Player Feedback (PC)
There is a command

/ExportGuildMemberList

that writes some useful information about guild members to a CSV file. While this is helpful, there is more information currently available through the game UI (guild screen) that would be useful to guild leaders. Unfortunately, the UI does not support filtering, sorting or summing (things that spreadsheet programs do well). I request similar export commands that write that information to a CSV file.

For me, the most useful information is
  • Donations to the guild mimic (character, @handle, timestamp, resource, quantity). Please get it right when someone donates with a coffer. Last I noticed, a coffer of influence was denoted with the quantity of 1 in the UI rather than the actual amount of influence gained.
  • Withdrawals from the guild bank (character, @handle, timestamp, item, quantity).
I wish to reward players that contribute resources and speak with players that take more than they give. I'm sure other guild leaders feel the same way.

Thank you @nitocris83 for bringing this up during the Mod 11 launch stream while discussing QoL with @terramak.

Here's a related post I came across after writing this.
Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min

Comments

• Options
    cattman5cattman5 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    This is a great idea. As you said we would like to do the same.

I would also like to see us able to set up alliance wide events and alliance mail.
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Thank you @tripsofthrymr for openeing this thread. I asked a question about this on the Stream and I'm very glad that it got answered.

My suggestion for more guild management things:
    1. GUILD MAIL:
      • ADD Compose Officer. Let us have a way to contact our officers on specific issues
      • Option to set-up a Welcome mail that is automatically sent when a player is invited to the guild.
      • When a guild mail doesn't go through, due to members inbox being full, display the error message with his name and handle.
    2. GUILD ACTIVITY
      • When someone leaves and/or is kicked display the players full name and handle.
    3. BUILDINGS
      • Make a queue for buildings. Making a queue for 3 buildings (example) would make it much easier for us to manage future development and to let our members know where we are going. The system should automaticaly detect when we start building the first building in queue and transfer the target automaticaly to the next in queue.
    4. EVENTS
      • Guild events added to the right bar (along with the other events)
      • Make the Event setup Timezone friendly. Currently we have to guess what Timezone we are setting it up in.
      • Make the Event setup so that it doesn't reset the time everytime we edit something.
      • Add the new event pop-up as MotD the first time the user shows up online. Give it a tag "Event MotD"
    5. ROSTER
      • Sort option by "Last time online"
      • Export member option
      • An internal Ban list and a pop-up when inviting someone from that list saying "The player is on your Guilds ban list"
    6. COFFER
      • Export donation contributions. This would help us on following the progression curve and a lot of statistical data.
    I will be adding more once more things come to my mind.
    Post edited by vida44 on
  • Options
    rottersrotters Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    Agreed with all of the above. Give us all of the above and guild leaders can decide what they want to use rather than have to use.

I would also Like an Alliance leaders mail to option.

Tab

Tabatha@rotters // Scourge Warlock // Co Leader // Civil Anarchy

Part of the -Fabled- Alliance

We are looking for non elitist guilds to join our alliance.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Also the logs now are bugged, not only the don't show handles they don't show the donations correctly.
    For example donating 2 influence voucher will show "Player X donated 2 Influence using (voucher)" If the voucher even displayed.

Usually it will be "Player X donated 2 Influence using ()" which is obviously wrong and should be:
    "Player X donated 800 Influence using (2 voucher)"

Same easy example with gems:
    Donating 2 Rank 5 should be:
    Player X donated 20 of Gems (using 2 Profane Runestone, Rank 5) to thestronghold.

Instead we have:
    Player X donated 2 of Gems (using Profane Runestone, Rank 5) to thestronghold.

And you get the picture....
    So even exported it will take crapton of effort (and a custom parser) to actually get the correct numbers.

I also +1 for the officer mails, or as i've wrote in the QoL post :
    "Guild mail: Option to send guild mails to specific ranks (having 7 check-boxes, 1 for each rank, will work)"

It will also be great to send email to rank1 only for example.
  • Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Big +1 on Officers and Alliance mail options. We are using 3rd party software to manage most communications outside the game then asking each guild leader to copy and paste into a guild mail.

An Alliance level "who's on" view would be great similar to the guild roster view.
  • Options
    xaluhnxxaluhnx Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Great post! I would also like to add to this, Please allow us to name our Alliance seperately from the Helm Guilds Name. For example: Our Alliance Name is [Fabled] But, the Helm Guild is Civil Anarchy, We would love to be able to represent the [Fabled] tag in-game!! @nitocris83 @crizpynutz

Mysterious-GF, Guild Leader of ~Immortality~ PM Me @xaluhnx Today to Join! immortality.ga
    Part of the -Fabled- Alliance http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1225931/fabled-alliance

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    vida44 said:

Thank you @tripsofthrymr for openeing this thread. I asked a question about this on the Stream and I'm very glad that it got answered.

My suggestion for more guild management things:

1. GUILD MAIL:
      • ADD Compose Officer. Let us have a way to contact our officers on specific issues
      • Option to set-up a Welcome mail that is automaticaly sent when a player is invited to the guild.
    2. GUILD ACTIVITY
      • When someone leaves and/or is kicked display the players full name and handle.
    3. BUILDINGS
      • Make a queue for buildings. Making a queue for 3 buildings (example) would make it much easier for us to manage future development and to let our members know where we are going. The system should automaticaly detect when we start building the first building in queue and transfer the target automaticaly to the next in queue.
    4. EVENTS
      • Guild events added to the right bar (along with the other events)
      • Make the Event setup Timezone friendly. Currently we have to guess what Timezone we are setting it up in.
      • Make the Event setup so that it doesn't reset the time everytime we edit something.
      • Add the new event pop-up as MotD the first time the user shows up online. Give it a tag "Event MotD"
    5. ROSTER
      • Sort option by "Last time online"
      • Export member option
      • An internal Ban list and a pop-up when inviting someone from that list saying "The player is on your Guilds ban list"
    6. COFFER
      • Export donation contributions. This would help us on following the progression curve and a lot of statistical data.
    I will be adding more once more things come to my mind.
    I suspect some GUILDS would like to also have an option to set activity period's to their membership lists which is the reason for asking for sorting by account activity showing when one of their characters were last online. I don't think I'd want to see this information tracked at a per character level since the per character level per guild #'s are much more generous.

But it would also be NICE if Guild Leader's could at least track how many guild mark's each past or current account holder across all toons has donated toward's earning guild marks at least on a per account level. I think those two minor changes would go a LONG way to helping leadership of various guild's better track & reward and recognize different milestones for when perhaps they could or should promote different character's or account holders.

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    @mimicking#6533 @nitocris83

In regards to the suggestions in this thread...

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Also, I think plenty would like the option swapping places in alliance (guilds position), without all the restructure mess.
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    Adding to my first post:

GUILD MAIL:
    • When a guild mail doesn't go through, due to members inbox being full, display the error message with his name and handle.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    vida44 said:

Adding to my first post:

GUILD MAIL:

Also, please allow us to send out more then 1 Guild Mail w/in 24 Hours! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    zerdna06#6572 zerdna06 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi all,

when will tool be available to use? will the tool be available thru an app or website? is there a chance for a Q&A be set up with the developer if this go live? can it be export it to excel?
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

Hi all,

when will tool be available to use? will the tool be available thru an app or website? is there a chance for a Q&A be set up with the developer if this go live? can it be export it to excel?

/ExportGuildMemberList is currently available. It writes to a .csv file, which you can open in Excel. You use it by typing in the command in the chat window, like this:

/ExportGuildMemberList C:\MyGuild.csv

The rest of the post is a request for a tool that extends what the current command does. We don't know if or when such an expanded command will become available.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    Reviving thread since it has a wonderful ideas.. Personally I would like the best (repeating others above):
    - welcome to our guild message,
    - sort by last time online,
    - export donation,
    - fix to "donated 2 influence using voucher.." instead of "donated 800 influence using 2 voucher..",
    - easy swapping alliance positions,
    - extend kick/leave information so I will know if someone left or was kicked by X person

Some things that require fix, not mentioned above. All of them were reported already:
    - Search/clear buttons..buggy as hell.
    - roster tab. Trying to resize colums result in broking UI
    - More than 1 guild mail a day. Or 1 guild mail but per officier. If we count different time zones I need to wait 24h - 48h (until I have time to sent mail..if someone has sent mail when I was sleeping or in work) with some info.
  • Options
    preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Please extend the donations and coffer logs
    Bonus points if the logs could be parsed into a table, so if I see something I'd like to send a mail to someone about, I could click on their name and get that option rather than having to write things down and switch UIs
    I would really love to be able to sort donations to the coffer by Guild and withdrawals from the bank by member and rank
  • Options
    rylena#9386 rylena Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I agree with alot of what has been said above: I think this would be really helpful:
    ROSTER - Sort option by "Last time online"