test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ideas for Templock Build

Comments

• Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

Im sorry to say this but temptation paragon is just a big joke. Sw is a DPS class so why should we buff the team and heal them without buffing ourself nor healing ourself at the same time? Yes i know we can heal ourself with lifesteal (duh~) but thats not what im talking about. If you really like healing, buffing players and debuffing enemies then why not play a DC class or pally devo ? (lmao)

Then why u bother with SW, if u want be striker pick GWF< XD

Now as temptation, well dark revelry buff apply to templock itself, debuffs give benefits for you to. Temptation is dps/supporter. Also remember that Damnation is not fully dps class too.

Also Why I should bother to heal others.. Well perhaps to make sure that team would not die.. warlock is not striker only.
    By nature SW is striker, yes, and with that ends. Via paragon path, feat trees you customize your character, adjust gameplay to fit you requirement.
    There is offensive GF builds, and there is more tanky GF builds.

Also templock is great for AoE, Darkness feat reduce enemies outgoing damage when they got struck by BoVA, thus increasing your survivability. Now BoVa itself provide 20% deflect chance, and due multiple blades striking enemies work as it would be DoT power. Thats mean more chance to trigger life steal = more time HP got restored by life stealing.
    now add HB's pillar of Power, not only dmg boost you get, but resistance boost too. And enemies who are in circle got debuffed, Damage resist reduced, and outgoing damage reduced too.
    Thats mean feated BoVa + PoP and u can go AoE without big problem.. Not mentioned templocks aura of despair which reduce enemies outgoing damage by 5%.
    And coolest part is that, unlike furry build SW, I am less depending on curse mechanic.
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    - Dark revelry -
    When you lifesteal there is a chance to gain Revelry. Revelry increases the move speed and power of nearby allies by 4/5/12/16/20% for 5 seconds.

This buffs only players nearby you but it doesn't buff you which is stupid.

- Darkness -
    Enemies damaged by bova briefly deal 2/4/6/8/10% less damage to you.

Feats that force you to use 1encounter power should be removed.It should be applied to most encounter powers instead.

- Soul bonding -
    This last feat is all about healing others LOLOLOL.... Why not heal myself too?
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• Options
    finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    - Dark revelry -
    When you lifesteal there is a chance to gain Revelry. Revelry increases the move speed and power of nearby allies by 4/5/12/16/20% for 5 seconds.

- Darkness -

Feats that force you to use 1encounter power should be removed.It should be applied to most encounter powers instead.

- Soul bonding -
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    Dark Revelry is one of those buffs wich buffs you and everyone arround that is not hostile, also the companion , by that getting a small rebound from bondings.
    If I am correct it´s one of those universal buffs like Annoited Army, Blessing of Battle from DC etc.
  • Options

- Dark revelry -

- Darkness -

- Soul bonding -

Dark revelry buff everyone including templock.. Just as @schietindebux, wrote.

AS for darkness, it does what it does. It reduce enemies damage to you. I didn't wrote that it reduce enemies damage output to everyone.
    Now this feat is not MUST be, it's optional. Same as Soul Breaker. Or as furry tree have Murderous flames. Which change Killing flames, single target dmg power to AoE, and of there is no anyone around increase damage dealt to single target. And as darkness, it's optional.
    Now why there is Darkness feat in first place. Have you ever use BoVa? Imagine you going in close range/melee like fight with group of enemies. And warlock is not tank, do not wearing heavy armory. Since mod 10, BoVa have 20% deflect chance when BoVa is up. But before that, only darkness feat allowed to go AoE with this encounter. Not mentioned BoVa is great when comes tanking, and healing.
    Because each blade hit enemy = chance to trigger life steal. So not only you become tanky due BoVa 20% deflect chance, due darkness enemies deal 10% less dmg + aura of despair +5%. Thats huge enemies damage reduction. Now add PoP buff+debuff elements.
    And only due that I can go fully AoE. With furry it's to hard to do that.

As for soul bonding..
    My friend, if you need extra healing for templock = you doing something/everything wrong. That feat only allow you to share healing with allies. And why do heal allies? well because temptation is dps/SUPPORTER tree. If you want full dps you taking furry, if u want tamer/summoner like gameplay picking damnation and if u want be more supporter u picking temptation. Is that hard to understand??

And why heal allies. Well probably to help them stay alive, instead being selfish HAMSTER. :)
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    I specced to HB templock today.
    One reason was the new mSP, where a templock might be handy in most groups imo, i really struggled with my rightous DC and would welcome PoP+Dark Revelry+big Heals.
    I run a few mSVA with guildies a moment later. The HPS is insane, the RAID is constantly capped and HP doesn't drop (until teammates get oneshotted... )
    Healing is OP tbh. but DPS is cut in half on the other hand.
    I checked Fey vs Vorp, i think Fey is the better choice even tough I am a critbuild.
    Fkd up the first respec...as allways. I think my final build may look like this
    https://nwcalc.com/index.html#/sw?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,1fiiiii:1500000:1550000:15a0zu1&h=0&p=hlb&o=0
    About compaounded soul. The temp HP is a bit low, but the feat itself procs every few seconds in short time and would be a good choice ... if only the HP would be a bit more.
    Aura oft despair seems to work somehow (someone wrote it doesn´t) inflicted mobs deal less damage. Hard to test and you can't check it by monitoring effectiveness, only by monitoring the dealt damage towards you.

Btw. the upcoming changes in mod 11b are awesome
    You get 2 loadouts (more in zen store), and by that can switch between two different Setups like HB templock and SB fury at campfire, or a PVP setup...thumbs up
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    edited March 2017

One reason was the new mSP, where a templock might be handy in most groups imo, i really struggled with my rightous DC and would welcome PoP+Dark Revelry+big Heals.

I run a few mSVA with guildies a moment later. The HPS is insane, the RAID is constantly capped and HP doesn't drop (until teammates get oneshotted... )

I checked Fey vs Vorp, i think Fey is the better choice even tough I am a critbuild.

http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/sw?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,1liiiki:1500000:1550000:15a0zu1&h=1&p=hlb&o=0

Don't know why that link allways deletes devastating critical.

Aura oft despair seems to work btw. , inflicted mobs deal less damage, hard to test and you can't check it by monitoring effectiveness

The upcoming changes in mod 11b are awesome

You get 2 loadouts (more in zen store), and by that can switch between two different Setups like HB templock and SB fury at campfire, or a PVP setup...thumbs up

Well congratulation for tasting some templocks capabilities. :)

If u would had Owlbear cub companion I would suggest pick Darkness feat> use PoP + BoVa + fiery bolt combo. And go full AoE.. :)

Now anyways, u haven't picked Neither Darkness neither Eldritch Momentum.

I don't know which encounter set are u using. But I can give advice, that Combat advantage would give u dmg increase..

So DT, WB or any other encounter try start when having CA< u would be surprised how much performance increase :)

AS for healing + one shoot. Well that is one of big crappy excuse from players, ohh during fight i got oneshot = buffer is sucker.
    When you participating in Dragonflight in stronghold you face Blue/thunder dragon. Which kill anyone randomly, regardless class, regardless gear, regardles DR/Deflect. And yet players do not complain about it as much as Svardborg oneshot.
    The problem, that players don't even try think, don't study mechanics, don't look for boss movement patterns. They smashing keyboard blindly/brainlessly.
    Epic gray wolf den. Master dungeon, it's not so hard, but most of brainless players faill it regardless of their high (4k) GS.
    All because there u need to think.

And temptation warlock where regardless as useless because could not provide high(broken) buffs, or provide full Dmg negations.

But one thing is clear,, temptation still do need update it's powers.. For example Compounded Soul is great if u want be sure that u stay on top as healer. But i found in real fights is not so great... :/

Anyways, be free to post your opinion what you would change in temptation SW... In thread>
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1229488/temptation-warlock-ideas-for-rework

Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    edited March 2017

http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/sw?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,1liiiki:1500000:1550000:15a0zu1&h=1&p=hlb&o=0

Don't know why that link allways deletes devastating critical.

Aura oft despair seems to work btw. , inflicted mobs deal less damage, hard to test and you can't check it by monitoring effectiveness

The upcoming changes in mod 11b are awesome

1.Well congratulation for tasting some templocks capabilities. :)

2. If u would had Owlbear cub companion I would suggest pick Darkness feat> use PoP + BoVa + fiery bolt combo. And go full AoE.. :)

3. Now anyways, u haven't picked Neither Darkness neither Eldritch Momentum.

4. I don't know which encounter set are u using. But I can give advice, that Combat advantage would give u dmg increase..
    So DT, WB or any other encounter try start when having CA< u would be surprised how much performance increase :)

5.AS for healing + one shoot. Well that is one of big crappy excuse from players, ohh during fight i got oneshot = buffer is sucker.
    When you participating in Dragonflight in stronghold you face Blue/thunder dragon. Which kill anyone randomly, regardless class, regardless gear, regardles DR/Deflect. And yet players do not complain about it as much as Svardborg oneshot.
    The problem, that players don't even try think, don't study mechanics, don't look for boss movement patterns. They smashing keyboard blindly/brainlessly.
    Epic gray wolf den. Master dungeon, it's not so hard, but most of brainless players faill it regardless of their high (4k) GS.
    All because there u need to think.

6.And temptation warlock where regardless as useless because could not provide high(broken) buffs, or provide full Dmg negations.

7.But one thing is clear,, temptation still do need update it's powers.. For example Compounded Soul is great if u want be sure that u stay on top as healer. But i found in real fights is not so great... :/

8.Anyways, be free to post your opinion what you would change in temptation SW... In thread>
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1229488/temptation-warlock-ideas-for-rework

to 1. I played Templock for several mods allready PVP and PVE.
    The Spellplague cavern is a challenging dungeon to heal and to tank also (esp. Boss 2).
    My rightous DC run it with a good group, but I needed to focus too much on heals than buffs. A lot run it with AA+DO DC, but a dps/support like templock and a buffer like DC/rigthtous are a great combo in this dungeon even though the loot is pretty bad.
    Dps is quite ok for a supporter, since that dungeon is more tactic/strategy than pure dps and DOT´s do work pretty good in there. The dps is 100% less than fury, talking about mSVA.

to 2. I bought Owlbear, otherwise I would not have specced to HB-fury (nice) and HB templock (also nice).

to 3. I sacrifice eldritch momentum for buffs, since it is not that necessary an I did not pick Darkness since I don´t use Bova that much for one reason. I can´t rush into those mobs most times, some aoe are oneshots, and a lot just really hurt even tough I am tanky. At all bosses Bova is useless in short and that feat only protects me, not the group...so worthless more or less, ecxept for soloplay.

4. At first boss I use PoP, WB, HG/KF - dots to trigger LS/heal and spread HR on adds to spend heals, not perfect to run this as templock, since a lot damage is incoming, boss is most of the time immune to damage and sometimes there are no adds to dot, an active healing spell is optimal like healing word from DC -80 feet range, nice healing dot.
    At second boss I put PoP on the ground and Dot´s like WB+HG+HellishR, since you you can´t zerg that boss at all and DOT´s tick all time, groups is 100% up by that and you can walk, fly, watch in the mirror (to debuff boss) etc.
    At last boss again Dot´s + HR again, to have the best effect and spread my heals on Boss, tentakel, orbs
    I run NPNM at trashmobs all time since I am 100% crit (that´s why I pick critical promis) and spend 100% CA by that at 75k power buffed solo and 50% lifsteal, using PoP+Hand of Hadar and either FB or DT.
    I run FoE at bosses and for second classfeat I use either Shadowwalk or ACC, depends. GF can mark and by that CA is not needed from my side. HellishR-DOT is better to spend heals over time.

Sidenote: GF with enforced Threat = CA to ten marked targets, rogue in stealth = CA bonuns, rene-CW applies CA bonus 100% all time, GF with daring shout = CA...so normally there are enough sources for CA, no need for NPNM if you run beside a GF or renegade-CW etc., maybe focus on other classfeature if those classes are present

5. Templock can do good in heals but sucks in mitigation, no excuse, that´s why I ask my DC to run AS if possible, he can chill running DG and BtS/FF and noone will blame him he did not get enough heals. A DC can spend HG 30% DR+AS 40% DR+DG 17,5% DR->87,5% DR plus your chars DR on top, so you are at cap by that.
    Running Swardborg I do so and the raid does not need to use runes , headless bosszerg as before (sure you do need Prot-Pally and a GF and a second DC or heal like Pally/templock)

6. not useless, but far worse than a DC regarding buffs mitigation etc. Devotion Pally is even more fkd imo, since that class can´t do much more than heal and templock, provided you play as a dps, is a pretty ok dps class.

7. rework yes, but since we only get small fixes , a few improvements to tier 4+5 will do good imo, devs won´t spend a lot of time into a balanced rework I am 100% sure. A significant buff to aura of despair will be nice and a fix to Wraith shadow to give those debuffs a meaning, skip Darkness and make warlocks encounter stack a mititgationbuff, buff the temp HP from compounded soul a bit and maybe give Vampiric embrance a temp HP for the group...like that, simple and short

8. I gonna do give feedback to devs, the moment they start to "rework" otherwise it is like talking to thin air and juggeling with ideas noone is interested in or wants to even read

PS: one note ond critical promise...it is a bad pick since the damage get´s not buffed at all, only use would be small tick of heal if it procs LS, maybe use those points anywhere else
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    You guys were talking about using other stuff while channeling DT. When I first noticed that, I thought it was pretty cool, specially since I could use encounters sometimes.
    Then I noticed the attack speed and cooldown times were a bit messed up. Went on preview with ACT to make sure of what I was seeing. What I realized was that even though I was seeing the attacks and all, none of them were dealing damage, except the first one sometimes, if cast almost at the same time as DT was cast. I could use encounters and any at will I wanted, but it would just be a visual effect, because no damage was being dealt. With the amount of numbers flying up it was easy to think some of them were from the at-wills, but on the log I could make sure at-wills contributed with no damage at all. Did they change that now?
  • Options
    mrshabokmrshabok Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    On Xbox i tested DT with HR a few weeks ago on a dummy, and I was able to get each HR off at regular intervals doing appropriate damage. I haven't tested it with any other powers
    3.5k HB Temptation -- Dread Legion
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • Options
    @naoqueroforum
    That's 100% the same I experienced. That's why I do not even try to cast ...only thing that seems to work is...rezzing dead player :)
  • Options

You guys were talking about using other stuff while channeling DT. When I first noticed that, I thought it was pretty cool, specially since I could use encounters sometimes.
    Then I noticed the attack speed and cooldown times were a bit messed up. Went on preview with ACT to make sure of what I was seeing. What I realized was that even though I was seeing the attacks and all, none of them were dealing damage, except the first one sometimes, if cast almost at the same time as DT was cast. I could use encounters and any at will I wanted, but it would just be a visual effect, because no damage was being dealt. With the amount of numbers flying up it was easy to think some of them were from the at-wills, but on the log I could make sure at-wills contributed with no damage at all. Did they change that now?

In preview and in live I used. DT + Hellish rebuke and FoE +NP,NM. And I can say that so far it work for me.
    There where rumors that some guys manage combine DT with other encounter.. So far all my attempts to combine DT + KF failled..

Now why I use hellish rebuke when using DT? Well due Flame of Empowerment class feature which and due temptations Hellish condemnation feat..
    So flame empowerment boost up my dmg, while feat reduce enemies dmg output... Also My NP,NM have artifact feature
    which have 5% chance to reduce enemies resist.
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options

In preview and in live I used. DT + Hellish rebuke and FoE +NP,NM. And I can say that so far it work for me.
    There where rumors that some guys manage combine DT with other encounter.. So far all my attempts to combine DT + KF failled..

Now why I use hellish rebuke when using DT? Well due Flame of Empowerment class feature which and due temptations Hellish condemnation feat..
    So flame empowerment boost up my dmg, while feat reduce enemies dmg output... Also My NP,NM have artifact feature
    which have 5% chance to reduce enemies resist.

If it is really possible to use HR during DT that would probably be enough for me to try it and possibly incorporate in some rotation. I'm going to test that again today on live with NPNM and without it. With ACT I will be sure if it's actually doing any damage. Maybe something changed from preview to live since I last tested it after mod 10.5. As @schietindebux said, all I can actually do while channeling is raising fallen friends. I couldn't even put curses.
    Haven't bothered with this power since mod 10 hit. The way they changed it I consider a major downgrade. It was easy enough to get 5 stacks before, even on single targets, and they lasted a little while after you canceled it. Now, the buff barely lasts its own duration, disappearing every half second, and it's gone completely if you cancel the animation. Would be perfectly reasonable if you could use any other power during cast. Also, I don't think there is a way to get the 3 stacks on single targets now, is there?

And btw, I think the artifact feature for NPNM is 100% chance to reduce resist by 5% while the other debuff is active, isn't it?
  • Options
    rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited April 2017

Im sorry to say this but temptation paragon is just a big joke. Sw is a DPS class so why should we buff the team and heal them without buffing ourself nor healing ourself at the same time? Yes i know we can heal ourself with lifesteal (duh~) but thats not what im talking about. If you really like healing, buffing players and debuffing enemies then why not play a DC class or pally devo ? (lmao)

I play a DevOP because I like to do tons of damage. There's a reason why a lot of times you will see a DevOP topping Paingiver. (I play a Stealadin, and it isn't uncommon for me to out DPS higher iLevel DPS classes.) If you think all they do is heal, you obviously have no idea of what they are capable of doing.

TempLocks have a capstone that pretty much mimics how high DPS DevOPs can dish out insane amounts of damage.
    Post edited by rubytrue on
  • Options
    edited April 2017

If it is really possible to use HR during DT that would probably be enough for me to try it and possibly incorporate in some rotation. I'm going to test that again today on live with NPNM and without it. With ACT I will be sure if it's actually doing any damage. Maybe something changed from preview to live since I last tested it after mod 10.5. As @schietindebux said, all I can actually do while channeling is raising fallen friends. I couldn't even put curses.
    Haven't bothered with this power since mod 10 hit. The way they changed it I consider a major downgrade. It was easy enough to get 5 stacks before, even on single targets, and they lasted a little while after you canceled it. Now, the buff barely lasts its own duration, disappearing every half second, and it's gone completely if you cancel the animation. Would be perfectly reasonable if you could use any other power during cast. Also, I don't think there is a way to get the 3 stacks on single targets now, is there?

And btw, I think the artifact feature for NPNM is 100% chance to reduce resist by 5% while the other debuff is active, isn't it?

I will try record video. And show how it look like.. Now just to remind, don't expect gazilion dmg increase.. :P
    rubytrue said:

I play a DevOP because I like to do tons of damage. There's a reason why a lot of times you will see a DevOP topping Paingiver. (I play a Stealadin, and it isn't uncommon for me to out DPS higher iLevel DPS classes.) If you think all they do is heal, you obviously have no idea of what they are capable of doing.

TempLocks have a capstone that pretty much mimics how high DPS DevOPs can dish out insane amounts of damage.

Do you played with templock ? because it's seems you evaluate stuffs on paper rather in real fight scenario.
    Templock have lowest dmg output among warlock builds. Damnation have way higher than temp, and furry totally in different tear.

Also I wonder who mimic who. warlock where introduced before paladins :P
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    My first 70 was a Soulbinder Damnation Warlock. Haven't played it for a couple of years because I found it boring. I just have an idea for temp warlocks that I think will turn them into insane damage machines; it may work, it may not work. It is just a completely different approach from any other SW build that I have seen. We'll see; in the meantime, I really want to learn all I can about SW (tempt in particular). It will take a while and a lot of grinding to get what I need, but once I do, I will share my build if it works; if it doesn't, I won't waste everyone's time with it. I'm just in (re)learning mode now.
  • Options
    Hmmm...just watched Etelgrin's templock video here, and it looks like Soul BOnding isn't properly proccing the healing boons, so this might be a no go for me until they fix that....
  • Options
    rubytrue said:

If you are thinking about warmth, think again. The temptation heals don't count as heals basically. So your damage, while not negligible, won't be insane. Unless there was a change after mod 10, I don't think it works. But go ahead and try it. You never know what really goes on behind the scenes sometimes.
  • Options

I will try record video. And show how it look like.. Now just to remind, don't expect gazilion dmg increase.. :P

There isn't a gazilion dmg increase because there is probably no extra damage, just the animation as if you were doing something. A video won't really help much so don't bother. Would be better if you get an act file in which you manage to get the at-will hits while hitting with DT. For example having the act log stating that you did some DT hits between 1:00:01 and 1:00:05 and between that time you have a hand of blight hit at 1:00:03 for example. I think that is not possible but I would be glad to be wrong.
  • Options

rubytrue said:

If you are thinking about warmth, think again. The temptation heals don't count as heals basically. So your damage, while not negligible, won't be insane. Unless there was a change after mod 10, I don't think it works. But go ahead and try it. You never know what really goes on behind the scenes sometimes.
    Yep. That's it. It is pretty bogus that a tooltip that says: "Your lifesteal now *heals* allies"...doesn't count as a heal. Without that, the build is dead in the water. Thankfully, I didn't dump a bunch of AD into the build yet. I would of been really upset if I spent a few million AD and a couple months grinding boons only to find out they don't actually work.
  • Options
    edited April 2017

There isn't a gazilion dmg increase because there is probably no extra damage, just the animation as if you were doing something. A video won't really help much so don't bother. Would be better if you get an act file in which you manage to get the at-will hits while hitting with DT. For example having the act log stating that you did some DT hits between 1:00:01 and 1:00:05 and between that time you have a hand of blight hit at 1:00:03 for example. I think that is not possible but I would be glad to be wrong.

Alright.. AS soon I get my hands on my laptop I will make log screenshot..
    rubytrue said:

Yep. That's it. It is pretty bogus that a tooltip that says: "Your lifesteal now *heals* allies"...doesn't count as a heal. Without that, the build is dead in the water. Thankfully, I didn't dump a bunch of AD into the build yet. I would of been really upset if I spent a few million AD and a couple months grinding boons only to find out they don't actually work.

My friend without any heal boosting boons, templock already have insane healing rates. Also next time before picking x feat, check it in preview server :) It reduce AD wasting by 90%. :)
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    rubytrue said:

Hmmm...just watched Etelgrin's templock video here, and it looks like Soul BOnding isn't properly proccing the healing boons, so this might be a no go for me until they fix that....

The only "healing" boon you need is endless consumption. Templock heals are absolutely ridiculous - probably the highest in the game. Trust me when I say the last thing you will ever need on a Templock is more excessive healing. Don't hold your breath for a change to that anytime soon, either, especially with resources being taken off the NW project.

It's not just an animation. Just go to a dummy, cast DT, hold at-will button and see for yourself in the combat log. HR will fire at a normal rate doing normal damage but the animation is almost always wonky. You can even turn your camera while you hold the at-will button and target something else. You'll see the damage numbers at regular intervals.
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • Options
    No Boon works with templock "healing" since it isn't considered as healing
  • Options

No Boon works with templock "healing" since it isn't considered as healing

Exactly. People must realize that DPS and LS are the only things that make any difference here. Honestly though, I can't blame anyone for thinking that. I blame Cryptic and their ambiguous, misleading, incomplete, and sometimes totally false tooltips.
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @naoqueroforum ,

Well I did your request to check DT + HR combo.. And it's seems partly u where correct, and partly wrong. And same for me, partly right, partly wrong..

Now I did testings in preview server. To make sure, Other factors would not interfere.
    And perhaps they fixed this is Preview, but still, In first second of DT casting u can apply any power, Thats mean Hellish rebuke works. I also manage land killing flames in first seconds when DT started. But after crossing 2s I could not trigger HR.
    However as I wrote, testing where done in preview.. And live version is different.. Heres picture
    mrshabok said:

. I blame Cryptic and their ambiguous, misleading, incomplete, and sometimes totally false tooltips.

Due bad tooltips lot of glitch in game are consider as feature... :) Since there is no proper explanation of power interaction, players do not complain if these interactions are in favor for their classes.
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options

@naoqueroforum ,

Well I did your request to check DT + HR combo.. And it's seems partly u where correct, and partly wrong. And same for me, partly right, partly wrong..

Now I did testings in preview server. To make sure, Other factors would not interfere.
    And perhaps they fixed this is Preview, but still, In first second of DT casting u can apply any power, Thats mean Hellish rebuke works. I also manage land killing flames in first seconds when DT started. But after crossing 2s I could not trigger HR.
    However as I wrote, testing where done in preview.. And live version is different.. Heres picture

mrshabok said:

. I blame Cryptic and their ambiguous, misleading, incomplete, and sometimes totally false tooltips.

Due bad tooltips lot of glitch in game are consider as feature... :) Since there is no proper explanation of power interaction, players do not complain if these interactions are in favor for their classes.
    Maybe PC is different then, but I can hold right trigger on xbox and get it every time. I will screenshot as well.
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • Options
    mrshabok said:

Maybe PC is different then, but I can hold right trigger on xbox and get it every time. I will screenshot as well.

In preview also I notice that HR animation gets canceled in middle casting time.. So probably developers fixed, with intention or by mistake.. :P
    However in live server it work just fine.. And seems U can apply HR while using DT. Thus also stacking FoE class feature and also increase chances to trigger NP,NM artifact feature....

So more less, until mod 11b goes live, we can still use DT combined with at wills.. Also I heard SB"s at will combined with DT max out soul sparks in moment. :)
    Gustave Le Bon.

• Options
    senticonsenticon Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Since loadouts are coming, I'm thinking on making SB support Templock in second slot. I have very little idea about how it works in general, but curious: is it possible to build SB Templock as decent support/healer for the party which can take place of DC or Healadin at some degree?
  • Options
    senticon said:

Since loadouts are coming, I'm thinking on making SB support Templock in second slot. I have very little idea about how it works in general, but curious: is it possible to build SB Templock as decent support/healer for the party which can take place of DC or Healadin at some degree?

I would favor a HB-temp support, since PoP buffs the hole group and spends a constant heal and in case you have the Owlbear you do fine as dps/support.
    Soulbinder is better single dps fury-spec imo.
    But you can go SB temptation using:
    - Feytouched + Hadargrasp+Soul Scorch+ DT/FB/xy, or
    - Dread enchant + BoVA + Soul Scorch + xyz
    I run HB temp and it´s fine, 50% dps of fury, but you can support the average group through every dungeon, FBI not that fluent since you can´t handle the "Turtel" that good.
    I did every T1, T2, CN, mSVA (with one DC+templock), mSP (solo templock) and it is not that hard to do, since your healing is so strong....at Svardborg you heal every Permafrost, Hailburst and Hypothermia away like nothing, same doing DRUFI.
    ONly issue, your buffs are too weak at bosses, even as Hellbringer it takes too long, so templock+DC are a pretty handy combo, DC only buffs like DG + FF/BtS + AS/Chains (apply PF-debuff)/xyz.
  • Options
    senticonsenticon Member Posts: 59 Arc User

senticon said:

I would favor a HB-temp support, since PoP buffs the hole group and spends a constant heal and in case you have the Owlbear you do fine as dps/support.
    Soulbinder is better single dps fury-spec imo.
    But you can go SB temptation using:
    - Feytouched + Hadargrasp+Soul Scorch+ DT/FB/xy, or
    - Dread enchant + BoVA + Soul Scorch + xyz
    I run HB temp and it´s fine, 50% dps of fury, but you can support the average group through every dungeon, FBI not that fluent since you can´t handle the "Turtel" that good.
    I did every T1, T2, CN, mSVA (with one DC+templock), mSP (solo templock) and it is not that hard to do, since your healing is so strong....at Svardborg you heal every Permafrost, Hailburst and Hypothermia away like nothing, same doing DRUFI.
    ONly issue, your buffs are too weak at bosses, even as Hellbringer it takes too long, so templock+DC are a pretty handy combo, DC only buffs like DG + FF/BtS + AS/Chains (apply PF-debuff)/xyz.
    My idea was that SB considered more tanky, so when you go support, you're ok with sacrificing DPS in favor of more survivability and healing. But thanks for your input, there are several very interesting things I can try.