test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: Version: nw.75.20170206a.5

tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
The patch notes for February 21, 2017 maintenance (initial Module 11 release!) are located here:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10406323-patch-notes:-version:-nw.75.20170206a.5
Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min

Comments

• asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Thank you for providing the link
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    If we are going to the river zone do we get to ride a boat?
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Did I miss this in Preview notes? Does this mean that we can no longer tell which chests are "chests" and which are mimics?

General . . .

Mimics now have identical interaction text to treasure chests.
    I aim to misbehave
  • khangaaxkhangaax Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    1.- Rings introduced by the Underdark expansion, received from Demonic Heroic Encounters, no longer apply their bonuses to companions or the player when equipped by companions==> Does this mean that all the brutal rings that granted my chars 4000 on power for each ring won't work anymore? Would you mind to explain the reason of this please?

2a.- Enchantment effects no longer interfere with Control Wizard Chill stacks==>So if I'm using a ligthning in my control wizard as with vorpal and chilling orb of module 5 my dps was the lowest in all server now I won't be able to freeze fast and often because chains lightning don't create stacks...why have you decided this?

2b.-The base damage dealt by this enchantment has been reduced by about 30%.
    Its damage output should still be significantly increased from previous modules once Power scaling is taken into account.
    Floating combat text for this enhancement is no longer quite as spammy.

How can the output damage be increased if you had reduced enchantment damage? I don't really understand this point.

Could you explain the reasons you decided perform this changes? I understand if your chain lightning hit a enemy you should create a stack of chill or flame stacks . If a dps melee can take advantage of stacks and damage from a vorpal, why I'm not going to get a reduced cooldown on my encounters while I create more chill stacks?

3.- The Gelatinous Cube promo companion now has appropriate animations when affected by control abilities==> Is there anyway to get this companion?

Regards.
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    khangaax said:

1.- Rings introduced by the Underdark expansion, received from Demonic Heroic Encounters, no longer apply their bonuses to companions or the player when equipped by companions==> Does this mean that all the brutal rings that granted my chars 4000 on power for each ring won't work anymore? Would you mind to explain the reason of this please?

2a.- Enchantment effects no longer interfere with Control Wizard Chill stacks==>So if I'm using a ligthning in my control wizard as with vorpal and chilling orb of module 5 my dps was the lowest in all server now I won't be able to freeze fast and often because chains lightning don't create stacks...why have you decided this?

Its damage output should still be significantly increased from previous modules once Power scaling is taken into account.

How can the output damage be increased if you had reduced enchantment damage? I don't really understand this point.

Could you explain the reasons you decided perform this changes? I understand if your chain lightning hit a enemy you should create a stack of chill or flame stacks . If a dps melee can take advantage of stacks and damage from a vorpal, why I'm not going to get a reduced cooldown on my encounters while I create more chill stacks?

3.- The Gelatinous Cube promo companion now has appropriate animations when affected by control abilities==> Is there anyway to get this companion?

Regards.

1. They will still work if placed on your character sheet. They removed the stat transfering through bondings because it was, well, not good for the game.

2a. I'm pretty sure this is just a reference to Elven Battle removing chill from the wearer in PvP, reducing the damage output of Control Wizards using Chilling Presence.

2b. I don't know how to explain the mechanics any easier than it's explained in the notes. However, the changes were made to make the affected enchantments a lot better, so they can compete with the more popular enchantments.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I realize the maintenance has been extended, but shouldn't i at least be able to connect to account server by now?
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• vandignescavandignesca Member Posts: 162 Arc User

I realize the maintenance has been extended, but shouldn't i at least be able to connect to account server by now?

Actually, I believe they said on the stream part of the extended maintenance was specifically for the account server.

Love yourself, and focus on the rest of the madness of life later.
    edited February 2017

khangaax said:

Regards.

1. They will still work if placed on your character sheet. They removed the stat transfering through bondings because it was, well, not good for the game.

2a. I'm pretty sure this is just a reference to Elven Battle removing chill from the wearer in PvP, reducing the damage output of Control Wizards using Chilling Presence.

2b. I don't know how to explain the mechanics any easier than it's explained in the notes. However, the changes were made to make the affected enchantments a lot better, so they can compete with the more popular enchantments.
    Well, thanks for your response. I believed it was going worst for chilling stacks with ligthining, anyway, I guess I have to adapt it.

But last question, in what sense you think or developers think that underdark rings transfering with bondings to character aren't good for game? Even with that transference, and watching high item level characters hittings with buffs in epic dungeons, enemies are hard to kill, so what's the reason of this? I have seen characters with natural power of 60000, so I don't really understand why 12000 on power transfered is unbalance or against the game. I'm just curious about this.

About realms catalogue artifact, if you upgrade to higher ranks, won't sell those rare rings? I mean, in which levels sells and what sells? is there any link with info about it?

And the last point thas is not very related with the patches: The Gelatinous Cube companion and mount: Could you tell me where could I get gelatinous cube mount drops? Will be available again with a redeem code gelatinous cube companion?

Regards and thanks for your time
    Post edited by khangaax on
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User

And maybe do a little fishing while we are there?
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • dragonsbloodsdragonsbloods Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    just noticed the acct server is back up ... just waiting on the game itself now
    Yup. But the version I see for live is still the old one
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    @nitocris83 i noticed it doesnt have devoted cleric changes, or are they being apllied anyway? path notes next week maybe?
    have the Devs noticed the hastening light wepon feature not working?
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited February 2017
    arcanjo86 said:

i noticed it doesnt have devoted cleric changes, or are they being apllied anyway? path notes next week maybe?
    have the Devs noticed the hastening light wepon feature not working?

The DC changes are not going live today. It was mentioned during the maintenance livestream that the changes will go onto preview when they are ready, then move to live after testing. I would guess it will be at least a few weeks before they are pushed out. I'm not sure about the hastening light weapon feature. Feel free to add that to the discussion about DC changes if it has not been mentioned there yet.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1228397/upcoming-devoted-cleric-changes
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • viciouscosityviciouscosity Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Sooo, I've seen it in a bunch of other patch notes since release of STK, what are they referring to when they say "Red Ice" in the statement about character behavior being improved for the final cut scene of red ice?
    edited February 2017

Red Ice is the mission where Makos meets his end

Mod edited to make spoiler. Not everyone has done that content.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    khangaax said:

I have seen characters with natural power of 60000, so I don't really understand why 12000 on power transfered is unbalance or against the game. I'm just curious about this.

The way I see it is this: Right now it's hard to get a flow going, everything just MELTS away. In elol and etos the tank spends a lot of time playing catch up because there is no concern for a GWF face tanking and melting the enemies. If they don't melt as fast it gives us a little more game to play... All about the balance.

Also, the changes to the weapon enchantments make them scale to power. This MIGHT help control their power a little more.
    reg1981 said:

khangaax said:

I have seen characters with natural power of 60000, so I don't really understand why 12000 on power transfered is unbalance or against the game. I'm just curious about this.

The way I see it is this: Right now it's hard to get a flow going, everything just MELTS away. In elol and etos the tank spends a lot of time playing catch up because there is no concern for a GWF face tanking and melting the enemies. If they don't melt as fast it gives us a little more game to play... All about the balance.

Also, the changes to the weapon enchantments make them scale to power. This MIGHT help control their power a little more.
    Thanks, now I understand it a bit more but I still think even with high dps chars, epic enemies lasts enough for tanks to play a role but it's a impression.

Regards
  • tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User

And maybe do a little fishing while we are there?
    Yes, just with the controls switched around a bit so the botters can't just move from the sea of moving ice.
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?
  • entspringen#2024 entspringen Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    So cleric changes are not live, but enemies are still as tough as before, so that means that if you're a cleric (not BiS) you just have to spend half a day doing just a couple of dailies :) If you were planning on doing a couple more of dailies... sorry, that's not going to happen. (just another campaign i'm skipping)
    So, nothing's changed. Good to know.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

So cleric changes are not live, but enemies are still as tough as before, so that means that if you're a cleric (not BiS) you just have to spend half a day doing just a couple of dailies :) If you were planning on doing a couple more of dailies... sorry, that's not going to happen. (just another campaign i'm skipping)
    So, nothing's changed. Good to know.

The traditional healer is dead. Too much grind, too much to fight and kill. This isn't mod 2 where there were just 2 things to worry about.
  • entspringen#2024 entspringen Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    So? You're making assumptions based on... what exactly?
    Now a 2.6k Cleric can't campaign efficiently but a 2k CW can? Well, perhaps you think I try to heal mobs to death, but that's not the case, just saying. It's not a feat based issue, it's an encounter and at-will based issue, dear oracle.

I wish the traditional know-it-all-forum-poster was dead aswell, but oh well... we got to deal with them, right?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    HEs (OK, "rituals") are broken. It does not count reinforcements, so you get stuck on 3/7 or something like that...unable to complete.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

Now a 2.6k Cleric can't campaign efficiently but a 2k CW can? Well, perhaps you think I try to heal mobs to death, but that's not the case, just saying. It's not a feat based issue, it's an encounter and at-will based issue, dear oracle.

I wish the traditional know-it-all-forum-poster was dead aswell, but oh well... we got to deal with them, right?

I'm assuming that the game is more grindy? You can't tell the obvious? You can cry about it, or accept it.
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    "The drop rates of Superior Marks of Stig/Ild/Uvar from chests in Svardborg (Master) have been significantly increased."
    "The drop rates of Greater Marks of Stig/Ild/Uvar from chests in Svardborg (Normal) have been significantly increased."

Increased? how much? I remember reading somewhere that their drops would be tripled, but dunno if it's true.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

"The drop rates of Superior Marks of Stig/Ild/Uvar from chests in Svardborg (Master) have been significantly increased."
    "The drop rates of Greater Marks of Stig/Ild/Uvar from chests in Svardborg (Normal) have been significantly increased."

Increased? how much? I remember reading somewhere that their drops would be tripled, but dunno if it's true.

Yes tripled. In another thread asterdahl confirmed that it's 3x but they changed the wording to be more vague to be more vague.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I had posted the comment below in the Preview forum, but as this has gone live, I probably should have posted here instead.

Anyhow:

Regarding the loadout issue that has already been reported, I would not be surprised to see the weird loadout messages the next time I use a power point either - but I didn't have a power point available to test that.

There is another much bigger issue, however.

The small HEs (rituals) are completely broken, as you may get stuck at "Defeat the reinforcements (3/7)" or something like that, but no enemies show up and you cannot finish.

I have a few observations that may help in tracking this down, but it is by far the most serious issue I found last night.

I was able to observe this on 3 occasions with Gyrion's ritual and once with Kabal's. Did not check Nostura's out, but would not be surprised if it appeared there too.

If I did the HE solo, or with another player standing right next to me, everything worked fine.

If I did the HE in a larger group (5+), we would get the problem described above.

I am not 100% certain, but it might be that the reinforcements show up, but the kills just don't get counted. Is it possible this happens if some kills happen too far away from some of the players and they don't hit them at all?

The large HEs do not have any issues - I did the one at the docks twice, and each of the other once, with a 4-20 man group. No problems.

One observation:

The player-per-instance limit seems a bit high - I am spending far too much of my time running around, looking for something to kill. Suggest lowering the limit by 5 or so.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

I'm assuming that the game is more grindy? You can't tell the obvious? You can cry about it, or accept it.
    No worry. I hope all healers go DPS. So you can cry in game that you cant finish stuff and clerics are outdpsing you.
    I am actually doing it today. No point in being anything else then A DO or a DPS cleric. Full damage dealer clerics for the win.
    It is what people like you wanted. Correct ?
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• hawkblaze1954#5209 hawkblaze1954 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    gabrieldourden please post it as a spoiler (for those who have not finished the SKT or skipped it)
    Red Ice is the mission where Makos meets his end

Post edited by hawkblaze1954#5209 on
This discussion has been closed.