test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How Dragonborn race should look.

Comments

• maatmonsmaatmons Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    No, that's how the tiefling race should look. Or maybe like this:
    photo Tiefling_zps1719703e.jpg

If you want an anime-bishonen version of dragonborn, you should ditch the horns and add some more scales. Horns on an otherwise mostly-normal person have too strong an association with demons. And plenty of depictions of dragons lack horns. So, really, the horns undermine the concept more than they help it.

As an aside, dragonborn have been hideous from their very inception. Tieflings have a long history of looking cool in various editions. The look they gave tieflings in 4th edition is a grave injustice. The look they gave dragonborn is exactly as ugly as they were before.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    I always think they look like stout humans with a chicken head and plucked plumes.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    @nameexpired

Lol I know right!

Reptiles and chickens are related afterall.
  • kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    Go play an anime based game :neutral:
    Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
    Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World
  • kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    maatmons said:

No, that's how the tiefling race should look. Or maybe like this:
    photo Tiefling_zps1719703e.jpg

If you want an anime-bishonen version of dragonborn, you should ditch the horns and add some more scales. Horns on an otherwise mostly-normal person have too strong an association with demons. And plenty of depictions of dragons lack horns. So, really, the horns undermine the concept more than they help it.

As an aside, dragonborn have been hideous from their very inception. Tieflings have a long history of looking cool in various editions. The look they gave tieflings in 4th edition is a grave injustice. The look they gave dragonborn is exactly as ugly as they were before.

But you have to take into consideration that Tiefling pics from D&D pen and paper display all physical features at the same time. If you read the description of the race on 3.5 you can see that you can either have horns, or hoofs, or claws, not necessarily all features at once, but you could opt for having all of them.

Tiefling is the most awesome race from D&D in my opinion as I'm bound as f... to the lower planes campaigns, monsters and features.

When I started the 5E game I'm DMing (Out of the Abyss), I read about Dragonborns to see if they could fit the campaign, but from what I read they are not in Toril anymore, they are in that other plane which name I forgot.

Anyway, like you said, Dragonborns are ugly as hell. I don't like playing an ugly toon just because of the stats. I didn't play Warforgeds in DDO either xD
    Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
    Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    @beckylunatic
    "I made my dragonborn look as much like this
    as possible. Darned right I called him Elliot."

The 70s awesomeness of that picture makes me want to Puff the Magic Dragon.
    Edit:
    60s I guess. Still, Puff.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    if you live in a Manga world yes,
    for D&D probably not xd
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited February 2017

Somebody pls shoot him. With an arrow to the knee preferably. And pls kindly inform him he's playing the wrong game!

EDIT:
    This sounds like something right out of the Moonstone Mask, there's a reason most folk avoid that place like the plague.
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Ummmmmm... yeah... NO!
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    i think you need to read the D&D book's, or at least do a Google research on D&D dragonborn...

they may be ugly for some people but is like they are in D&D ... (my brother really like them btw)
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,134 Arc User

Somebody pls shoot him. With an arrow to the knee preferably. And pls kindly inform him he's playing the wrong game!

EDIT:
    This sounds like something right out of the Moonstone Mask, there's a reason most folk avoid that place like the plague.

In Nordic/Scandinavian countries, "taking an arrow to the knee" meant that you are getting married/already got married.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    xgrandz02 said:

if you live in a Manga world yes,
    for D&D probably not xd

Well, living in DnD did not keep Cryptic from outfitting my human TR with a Manga face.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    And your elf GWF!?
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    edited February 2017
    Her unmatched beauty is not a matter of discussion.
    And her fangs more so.

I don't really know, but when Cryptic introduced "Manga 2.0" style the "old" faces did stay for a time at least. Only if you entered the Tower of Alteration did the many features we had in Beta vanish, to be manga-nized.
    As I usually only my GWF's backside, but rarely her face, I don't know if she still has her "old face" or if the face was downgraded to Manga while I was AFK for a few months.

Oh, yes, forgot to mention, I was with my TR once in the tower of alteration after manga-gate. What a mistake.
  • qwregtqwregt Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    i kind of dig the picture alot and how he looks alot better with the horns cause when i had seen how they made the dragonborn and the female one thought they where ugly
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    @ nameexpired

Your character's face ia unchanged unless you do the alteration route - the old faces still exist but can no longer be selected. I had to change my TR's hair because it was bugged and her face got altered then. Otherwise all is unchanged, right down to my CW's ridiculously long nails.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother