test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Relic refinement marks exchange

With the coming new weapons, will there be a mark exchange for the relic weapons where you can trade 5 blues for 1 purple, 5 purples for 1 orange or something similar?

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Do you mean if you have some of the marks you need to upgrade the relics, you would like to exchange them for the M11 campaign items you need to upgrade the new weapons?

I really don't think anything like that will be offered - it has never been done in the past. Anyhow, it is pretty easy to get the stuff you need for upgrading the M11 items, so my advice is -don't worry - just play through the campaign - by the time you get the weapons, you might even already have whatever you need to upgrade them.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • pile2000pile2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    I am pretty sure he means exchanging the marks for the rarer mark,
    5 greater marks to 1 superior mark of the same type from the same instance - SVA in this case.
    With the key change and most likely a serious drop in people going to MSVA , it will take months of grinding or many hundreds of keys to upgrade epic to legendary.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Ah.

My guess is that they might eventually do something, once they notice that people stop doing the M10/10.5 content. Whether it will be like this mark exchange or just a significant increase in mark drop rate - well, I don't know. Anyhow - right now they are focusing on M11, so I guess that "fixing" M10/10.5 is not at the top of the priority list - I think they will wait and see how things turn out.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I honestly feel this would address the vast majority of complaints pertaining to the Relic weapons and keys and chests. It makes every key (Zen store or quest unlock) contribute meaningful incremental progression (like Twisted) rather than most keys granting a result of the game saying "haha HAMSTER you, try again, and I emphatically do not wish you better luck next time trolololol".

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • mcfobmcfob Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Yes, I mean exchanging marks for rarer mark, it would a)make each key spent more worthwhile and b)reduce some of the grinding time for relics to keep more compatible with the allegedly 'less grinding time' for the new weapons. Also, should be an easy thing to implement, just have a store where you purchase rarer marks with common marks.