test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A little bit peeved

mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
So today I picked up Sharandar Support from guild and went to run the quests,,, nothing new there,, pretty routine for me. So I get to Sharandar and Arcane Resevoir is available so I snatch that up for the AD and see that a PURPLE T-stone is listed as reward,,, NICE :) Well I take a run thru and get to the end and open the chest,, and guess what,,,, NO PURPLE T-STONE!!! what the HAMSTER kind of bull is that? I normally dont complain and think cryptic and the devs have done a pretty good job, mostly, with this game,, but this is just BULL. Makes me have to wonder, just how long has this been going on and this is the first time I've noticed. (Sometimes I'm in a hurry and dont really look at the rewards) I know I've gotten the Purple stone in the past when it was listed as a reward. Not a happy camper :(

Comments

• Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    Yeah, the Reward is actually a value of a purple stone. I think. While you are reading, go read the quests for Dread ring Lair. They should still have the wording of a guaranteed Greater Mark.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,112 Arc User
    The RP reward for AR is based on value. Not a specific stone.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    You didn't get a purple stone. You got the same value in some combination of grey/green/blue stones. Sometimes the game only shows you grey and green stones for AR and you get a purple one. It's only a display bug.

I want to say AR rewards 15k of thaum stones (any denomination) but I haven't done the math recently. It's always the same value though.

Frankly the inclusion of character bound purple and blue stones in the random denominations here and nowhere else is just a way for the game to hog two more inventory slots.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,270 Arc User

You didn't get a purple stone. You got the same value in some combination of grey/green/blue stones. Sometimes the game only shows you grey and green stones for AR and you get a purple one. It's only a display bug.

I want to say AR rewards 15k of thaum stones (any denomination) but I haven't done the math recently. It's always the same value though.

Frankly the inclusion of character bound purple and blue stones in the random denominations here and nowhere else is just a way for the game to hog two more inventory slots.

I was just about to say: getting purple is a curse. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    vida44 said:

Yeah, the Reward is actually a value of a purple stone. I think. While you are reading, go read the quests for Dread ring Lair. They should still have the wording of a guaranteed Greater Mark.

So many descriptions in this game are out of date... for example the Dragonflight event states you only get 1-3 fangs and only if you kill 2 or more dragons, which is no longer the case.

It seems whenever they change things the old descriptions are left in-place... you'd think when the changes are made the descriptions would be updated too, but nope we just get bad info.

As for the purple refining stone... yes, it's better to get a quantity of lesser stones you can at least stack up of the same value instead of one single purple stone taking up an entire inventory slot! ;)
    @samaka#2511
  • Options
    mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Well that's good to know at least, but I agree,, things really should get updated so is not confusing