test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Here's some new key change feedback:

lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
edited January 2017 in Player Feedback (PC)
Key changes have made the demand for HDPS runs silly across all requests for people who make teams to run dungeons.

It's HDPS this, HDPS that HDPS the other, you know why ?

Because new drops makes people want to mow through the older dungeons faster ( more DPS, speedier runs) and several times in order to get the new rewards because of the updated loot tables.

I have a 3.4K iL toon (my main and only toon I run stuff with) that has ran nothing but a few PUG VTs since the change (and got utter HAMSTER from both chests too) because responding to LFPPL requests resulted in no invites

I'm not able to run stuff anymore and can't spend my stacked epic dungeon keys even if I wanted to.

@mimicking#6533 & @tripsofthrymr How are you guys gonna tackle that ?

Post edited by lowendus on

Comments

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I miss the public queue. No one uses it anymore so it hardly ever pops. But your party was always as much a surprise as anything else and made wins that much sweeter.
  • Options

I miss the public queue. No one uses it anymore so it hardly ever pops. But your party was always as much a surprise as anything else and made wins that much sweeter.

Yeah.

I miss the time we all waited for Dungeon Delves and Q'd for runs of mindless fun

You could find groups with Q after Q insta' popping and run a variety of dungeons for rewards that meant something, salvageables, sellables, marks, mixing and matching sets for different buffs.

Makes me want to "Cri Everytim" xD
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Dungeon delves wont solve this problem.

The issue is the relic vs non relic gear.. its such a harsh issue atm..

HOPEFULLY new weapons will relieve this.. and they dont go plum crazy with getting them.. you can live with a 5-6% difference in dps ..

but the 30-40% difference between twisted and relic.. is so harsh, you cant even begin to fill useful.

I have two toons with r12s and r12 bondings.. and im useless when compared to a relic smasher.

there simply is no comparison, if someone asks for HDPS.. I cannot join anymore.. I just wait around for someone to be a bit more reasonable.

• Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    What is HDPS?
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    I will tell you what people "accept it to be" a Flashing legendary pet with all r12s in slots + a message like GWF 4.3.. invte me ESVA.. im topz betz.

I would like to say thats tongue in cheeck, but its not.. thats pretty much what is happening right now.

The SHAMEFUL part is people ARE ASKING for it for simple things like ELOLs and VT.. Where any 3ks can blow it away anyways.. beyond contemptible..

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    This has nothing to do with the key change. This has everything to do with the drop change.
    Whenever there is something rare and new, this happens.
    With the key change itself, it actually should make that happen less because they will run out of key.

I don't like the key change but should we start to complain they may drop some random good stuff now?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    vida44 said:

What is HDPS?

Ancient hieroglyphic message signifying the need for building cooperative communities.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    lowendus said:

Key changes have made the demand for HDPS runs silly across all requests for people who make teams to run dungeons.

Because new drops makes people want to mow through the older dungeons faster ( more DPS, speedier runs) and several times in order to get the new rewards because of the updated loot tables.

I have a 3.4K iL toon (my main and only toon I run stuff with) that has ran nothing but a few PUG VTs since the change (and got utter HAMSTER from both chests too) because responding to LFPPL requests resulted in no invites

I'm not able to run stuff anymore and can't spend my stacked epic dungeon keys even if I wanted to.

A Party with full highdps for older content leads the other 4 to just watching because is a fact THAT 1 HIGH dps can clear the old content fast.
  • Options

lowendus said:

A Party with full highdps for older content leads the other 4 to just watching because is a fact THAT 1 HIGH dps can clear the old content fast.
    Yet people are stupid enough to still ask for it even for older content.
    Its beyond me
  • Options

vida44 said:

What is HDPS?

Ancient hieroglyphic message signifying the need for building cooperative communities.
    lol xD
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Dungeon delves wont solve this problem.

The issue is the relic vs non relic gear.. its such a harsh issue atm..

HOPEFULLY new weapons will relieve this.. and they dont go plum crazy with getting them.. you can live with a 5-6% difference in dps ..

but the 30-40% difference between twisted and relic.. is so harsh, you cant even begin to fill useful.

I have two toons with r12s and r12 bondings.. and im useless when compared to a relic smasher.

there simply is no comparison, if someone asks for HDPS.. I cannot join anymore.. I just wait around for someone to be a bit more reasonable.

Oh please. You're not getting excluded from runs if you have r12 bondings and a twisted set.

People get excluded because of bondings a lot more often and you know it.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Run with a guild that doesn't care about HDPS. There are plenty of guilds out there that are willing and able to take anyone who has the item level requirements to get in the door.

Also - @lowendus - Tripsofthymr is a moderator, not a dev (just like me). We forward things to the devs, but we don't have any more input on what happens in the game than any other player.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    kalindra said:

@kreatyve:

Indeed there are; but that doesn't get you in any endgame dungeon.
    The guild might be so small that they don't get a SVA-party assembled, or they do, but have a fixed clique of 5 top-geared members who always do it together, or do it in time zone 8 hours after / before you, etc.

See, that's just sad. I know there are guilds out there that aren't like that. I can't really say which ones because it would be seen as advertising for the guilds and I would have to moderate myself for advertising outside of the guild recruiting forum.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    @kreatyve
    Thanx for the input/clearing that out for me. I forgot the status of each person.

In more recent news:

I couldn't get picked up even in PE and the LFG channel this weekend xD lmao (advertising my 3.3K iL and mof - rene status)

Just ran a few pug esots till I luckily found a few and VT / ELOL / ESOT runs through a channel I'm in, but after waiting for a good deal of time and not getting picked up for several other advertised runs (even in PE lfg )

So its waiting for pug Q (which takes quite some time lately) or getting lucky / picked up by a few friendly folks which has started to become a rarity.

This is beyond hilarious... XD
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

kalindra said:

@kreatyve:

The guild might be so small that they don't get a SVA-party assembled, or they do, but have a fixed clique of 5 top-geared members who always do it together, or do it in time zone 8 hours after / before you, etc.

See, that's just sad. I know there are guilds out there that aren't like that. I can't really say which ones because it would be seen as advertising for the guilds and I would have to moderate myself for advertising outside of the guild recruiting forum.
    Unfortunately, @kalindra is quite correct in some ways. I am in a large, active guild that is part of a good alliance. So it has lots of active members. However, while it is fairly simple to get together a party to run regular dungeons and the more popular epics such as VT, ELOL and ESOT where the need for specific classes is not so great. There is an increasing problem with running the most recent content, i.e. FBI, nSVA and mSVA. Even in an active guild, there is a shortage of DCs and Tanks. The change to the chest key set up means that even the few that are available can only make a very limited number of runs as they run out of keys after just a couple. I wouldn't ask anyone to go through FBI or either of the SVA skirmishes without keys. So with so few DCs and tanks, there are fewer and fewer opportunities to run this content no matter where you try to make up parties. Reverting the no-peaking change would help a lot with this problem.

• Options
    qexotic said:

kreatyve said:

kalindra said:

@kreatyve:

Unfortunately, @kalindra is quite correct in some ways. I am in a large, active guild that is part of a good alliance. So it has lots of active members. However, while it is fairly simple to get together a party to run regular dungeons and the more popular epics such as VT, ELOL and ESOT where the need for specific classes is not so great. There is an increasing problem with running the most recent content, i.e. FBI, nSVA and mSVA. Even in an active guild, there is a shortage of DCs and Tanks. The change to the chest key set up means that even the few that are available can only make a very limited number of runs as they run out of keys after just a couple. I wouldn't ask anyone to go through FBI or either of the SVA skirmishes without keys. So with so few DCs and tanks, there are fewer and fewer opportunities to run this content no matter where you try to make up parties. Reverting the no-peaking change would help a lot with this problem.

Totally agree with this, people that have their gear from FBI, have no keys, or have gear AND no keys definitely do not want to run it anymore, and since DCs and tanks get the most runs in, they get their gear first and run out of keys first. Hard to get the gear as DPS, I've only gotten into like 6 runs, no gear so far.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

qexotic said:

kreatyve said:

kalindra said:

@kreatyve:

Totally agree with this, people that have their gear from FBI, have no keys, or have gear AND no keys definitely do not want to run it anymore, and since DCs and tanks get the most runs in, they get their gear first and run out of keys first. Hard to get the gear as DPS, I've only gotten into like 6 runs, no gear so far.
    Yup.
    In other news, I'm getting just a rotation of VT/ESOT/ELOL and maybe a TIA, just one, per day then can't get into other runs, and that's because of the friendly channels with people who run stuff without asking for HDPS R12 Bonding teams.

Then I get into a pug LFG CN run and I get an "avoid red no tank" in chat. Neither a DC, I think it was a SW healing us or sth.
    Pug this (CN) pug that (VT, ELOL, ESOT) a few times these days and all the loot I had was one +4 and a fuckton of +1 blue rings, one of the new items (head piece from MC) and junk

A few epic dungeon chest keys later and I can say HAMSTER that, where's the loot?!
    I'd be HAMSTERED out of my mind if I had paid for the keys