test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Console Players are Lucky, please Compensate PC players with something Awsome!

2»

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I'm a console player too. can you really not feel their pain? for something that you spend that kind of grind on it really should be BIS for more than one mod.. would you not be a little irate if you'd spent hundreds of hours grinding at the same dungeon for something very elusive and then very shortly after you achieved it (and millions spent) they made something available that was easy and cheap to get? I don't think they should nerf anything but they should buff the relic. make it worth the grind if someone wants to grind for it.

after reflection of this thread though I sold my refinement and I'll be selling my refinement going forward. 600 sva's at least doesn't seem reasonable. I think it would take me a good year to accomplish that.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Whilst I do think it's daft bringing out a new weapon set one mod after the last lot, there would be no point in bringing them out at all if they weren't equal to the previous ones...

As for compensation, well I see the case for it but if we were to go down that route you'd have to consider all the things that PC players had/have access to that consoles didn't/don't. E.g. we never had coal wards in the TB vendor, some companions & gear, even configurable chat channels - consoles are stuck with 2 and cannot create new ones etc etc.

It's a slippery slope, but maybe it'd be fair by making them transfer 100% of refinement (instead of 80%) or have a 'free swap at same level' option similar to the vendor that exchanged the Lostmauth gear? I doubt they'd go for the 2nd option as it'd be a way of avoiding playing the new content.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Solution is simple:

Just make MSVA drop legendary marks under the same conditions as before, as in: being able to peek in the chest before you waste a key on it.

There is no reason that console players should be forced to waste a HAMSTER ton of keys to get the marks you need.

I have lots of AD & Zen (to waste), so I'll get which ever set is top tier, but it really should be the same conditions for everyone, when it comes to something as important as the weapons...

And obviously, those screaming "NERF" the loudest are those hoping to get an advantage over others without the "BiS" set in PvP on PC, which is a minority within the minority...
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Whilst I do think it's daft bringing out a new weapon set one mod after the last lot, there would be no point in bringing them out at all if they weren't equal to the previous ones...

As for compensation, well I see the case for it but if we were to go down that route you'd have to consider all the things that PC players had/have access to that consoles didn't/don't. E.g. we never had coal wards in the TB vendor, some companions & gear, even configurable chat channels - consoles are stuck with 2 and cannot create new ones etc etc.

It's a slippery slope, but maybe it'd be fair by making them transfer 100% of refinement (instead of 80%) or have a 'free swap at same level' option similar to the vendor that exchanged the Lostmauth gear? I doubt they'd go for the 2nd option as it'd be a way of avoiding playing the new content.

they did it before with the elemental artifacts. nearly as good (And better for some classes) as/than twisted but not quite as good and grindable for someone who isn't able to manage demo for whatever reason. imo it should look like that. slightly better bonus for the relic and good.. comparable.. but not bis on the easy to get stuff. If I were on pc that's what I'd be screaming for. as a console player if they did that I'd want them to make it more reasonable to obtain the sva relic gear because it's not obtainable. 600 runs to get the marks? OMG. lol. I thought the 50 or so for the twisted was bad. (the number probably varies because there were a lot of failed runs back then)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I'm going to shorthand artifact weapon sets with their legendary item level for simplicity.

Elemental Fire was item level 135. Everyone basically got it handed to them. There were no alternatives.

All the upgrade sets were item level 140. While the Stronghold set could not be obtained until some players had mastered Masterwork, and epic Demogorgon was modestly time-gated via Underdark campaign progression, all the sets were *visible* with the release of Underdark. Even players who ran HEs to obtain an elemental set prior to upgrading to Twisted did so with full knowledge that this was a path they had chosen. Everyone knew what choices were available and what it would take to get each. Later releases have offered shortcuts to most of these sets, as a catch-up mechanism. Short of occasional confusion about set bonus functionality, players have been able to make entirely informed decisions with regard to choosing which item level 140 set(s) to pursue.

Item level 160 sets were not debuted with this kind of full disclosure. The SKT set was the only game in town for upgrading your weapon - and it was a very hefty upgrade - and then it wasn't. So even though I was one who balked at the restoration path, I absolutely get why players who spent hundreds of hours and/or millions of AD on it feel cheated. Because this is basically something that they went into without being given the ability to make an informed decision. Console players are at least getting that choice, with the knowledge that while an alternative won't exist for them right away, it is coming in the foreseeable future.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    > @beckylunatic said:
    > I'm going to shorthand artifact weapon sets with their legendary item level for simplicity.
    >
    > Elemental Fire was item level 135. Everyone basically got it handed to them. There were no alternatives.
    >
    > All the upgrade sets were item level 140. While the Stronghold set could not be obtained until some players had mastered Masterwork, and epic Demogorgon was modestly time-gated via Underdark campaign progression, all the sets were *visible* with the release of Underdark. Even players who ran HEs to obtain an elemental set prior to upgrading to Twisted did so with full knowledge that this was a path they had chosen. Everyone knew what choices were available and what it would take to get each. Later releases have offered shortcuts to most of these sets, as a catch-up mechanism. Short of occasional confusion about set bonus functionality, players have been able to make entirely informed decisions with regard to choosing which item level 140 set(s) to pursue.
    >
    > Item level 160 sets were not debuted with this kind of full disclosure. The SKT set was the only game in town for upgrading your weapon - and it was a very hefty upgrade - and then it wasn't. So even though I was one who balked at the restoration path, I absolutely get why players who spent hundreds of hours and/or millions of AD on it feel cheated. Because this is basically something that they went into without being given the ability to make an informed decision. Console players are at least getting that choice, with the knowledge that while an alternative won't exist for them right away, it is coming in the foreseeable future.

Yes and this is called revenue generation technique. Apparently it still works here since the bis chasing players are still going for it blindly.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Everyone who claims, that it was 'easy' to obtain the relic weapons is either a console player or unemployed.

Before the changes I did ca. 40 runs for 4 legendary marks (with peeking). Lets say, a run takes 10 minutes (on average it is more). Thats 400 minutes. You need 30 marks, thats 3000 minutes= 50 hours of grind just for the legendary marks. Add lanolin, vonin blood turtle molds and the other HAMSTER you can either buy or farm for an additional 10-20 hours.

This numbers are based on my RNG luck. Sure, there are ppl who finished this in 'just' 30 hours. Others might have spent 100 h without the last mark they need.

I know of on BIS SW, who stopped playing based on the frustration, that after HUNDREDS of runs he had something like 1/14/20 legendary marks and no way to upgrade his weapons.

Sure it was 'easy' for PC players to get the legendary relic weapons. It will be as 'easy' for console players. except the additional costs for legendary keys (10-40 kk AD, based on your personal RNG).
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

MSVA is not dead (yet).. we still get runs for it in my SKT3K channel. Ignorant talk, Anti-Social Tendencies, and Intellectually Lazy attitudes is what had made Mod 10 as hard as it has been... NOT the game design itself.

Had my first good runs this week with your group @weaver936 Cheers!
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User

armadeonx said:

they did it before with the elemental artifacts. nearly as good (And better for some classes) as/than twisted but not quite as good and grindable for someone who isn't able to manage demo for whatever reason. imo it should look like that. slightly better bonus for the relic and good.. comparable.. but not bis on the easy to get stuff. If I were on pc that's what I'd be screaming for. as a console player if they did that I'd want them to make it more reasonable to obtain the sva relic gear because it's not obtainable. 600 runs to get the marks? OMG. lol. I thought the 50 or so for the twisted was bad. (the number probably varies because there were a lot of failed runs back then)
    Why do you keep bringing up that it takes 600 runs when that was not even close to being the average BEFORE, but more like the worst possibility? Why do you keep bringing that up when they increased the drop rate NOW (I think it was by 10%)? Do you know you can get 2 Legendary mark drops in 1 run? I estimate 60 runs now, which is fair.
    etelgrin said:

weaver936 said:

MSVA is not dead (yet).. we still get runs for it in my SKT3K channel. Ignorant talk, Anti-Social Tendencies, and Intellectually Lazy attitudes is what had made Mod 10 as hard as it has been... NOT the game design itself.

No doubt @weaver936 - san, is community hero and a life saver down to earth person in a uber-elitist gaming environment.

However this is not what really tickles, is how Cryptic Developers invented the life cycle of a product which in this case are artifact weapons added to it new grind which is quite costy to me it was over 2,6 mils spent on required stuff, I admit without much grinding I slided through the content as well as used prior to key change advantage of peeking whats inside but even given all these variables giving players new weapon with very much challanger to the relics set bonuses are not greatest move I seen. History tells though that this is how it goes, this time I only thought it will be different because I thought these relic weapons are HEAVILY gated so I thought they would hold their status quo of being best set available, mostly because to refine you had to use unique to svardborg marks, which new one doesn't require and it puts it into a place where they are more fiendly to the majority that a svardborg was to minority.
    Some of us have paid just as much and haven't got a prayer of making legendary. I'm running SVA partially for Ostorian Carvings and with some little hope I'll get those 4 marks of Ild I need just for my mainhand. I already paid everything you did up front for the moults, lanolins, etc. I did over 100 runs, so I feel equally desverving of half weapon set going orange. If not, I'll look at the upcoming weapons. We all really lose at this game :smile:
    edited January 2017

Why do you keep bringing up that it takes 600 runs when that was not even close to being the average BEFORE, but more like the worst possibility? Why do you keep bringing that up when they increased the drop rate NOW (I think it was by 10%)? Do you know you can get 2 Legendary mark drops in 1 run? I estimate 60 runs now, which is fair.

You are delusional. If anything they nerfed the drop rate. I USED to get two orange in a run sometimes. Now I run sometimes 15 runs without a hit.

EDIT: Assuming they increased the drop rate after nerfing it, where is your source on that?
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User

weaver936 said:

*tears* Great timing and ty for your kind words... omg.. it's been a dark, lonely, journey.. people appreciation makes it all so much easier. Thanks again :D
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2017

armadeonx said:

Oh Christ. I've had guildmates that went 60 runs without a single mark. You are waaaaay off base here. 200 runs was the average before the chest change. Now you have to take every single chest so while the number of runs may not have increased the number of keys needed has increased significantly.

There was nothing in the patch notes about the drop rate changing for marks either. Only rings and artifacts.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    I don't think the dev team could even start to compensate for the ADs lost on acquiring keys and ingredients, unless they are willing to add millions of refined AD to those accounts that made their weapons legendary. I would rather we moved on and forgot about SVA, because I'm scared of the possibility of the devs taking our feedback wrong and deciding the new weapons need to use SVA marks, too, for fairness' sake.

Sucks that we got suckered into it, of course.
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Cryptic may be cryptic in their communication with us but after all they should know what they are doing or at the very least they have the tools and data to know what sticks to the wall. They threw mod 10 at us and obviously it didn't stick. Cryptic knows well enough how many people actually played mod 10. How many played FBI/SVA. How many have relic weapons and vivified gear. How many spent money on mod 10 and how many spent money elsewhere. They did the math and mod 11 is the result. Simple as that.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

They did the math and mod 11 is the result. Simple as that.

This isn't actually true. Their development process means that M11 would have been largely planned and foundations laid prior to SKT's release. The M11 weapons were already in the works, which we can see from the statements that were so regrettably misinterpreted by players.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    About the costs of making the Relic set:

40 Moults x 77k AD at telic rush time=2900
    1 Loam =700
    1other mat from professions that demands 20 lanolin=700
    other (evermelt,napha etc) =200

I bought 3 keys packs

250 zen x 3x 500k ad= ~400

total cost= Around 5m AD....

total Runs: It is easy to counter i remember the green thingies in my inventory that are granted drop everytime
    187 Runs

-----------------------------------

these dear console players......
    edited January 2017

1 Loam =700

I bought 3 keys packs

total Runs: It is easy to counter i remember the green thingies in my inventory that are granted drop everytime
    187 Runs

I'm a bit confused over the economy on the PC side, is 5 m Ad considered a lot?

Guess I was under the wrong impression then...

Also, what does "dear console players" mean?

It's going to be a lot more expensive for us console players then, since we have to buy a LOT more than 3 key packs...
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    5m AD if it is a lot: depends.for sure it is not a few ;P

"I'm a bit confused over the economy on the PC side, is 5 m Ad considered a lot?"

maybe it is few for you.it is much for me

5m Ad for an item that it will be replaces in a month or two it is sure a lot! :)

As for the dear console players what do you mean,what that means? :P

it means that I show you how much it costs ,and i did it in a polite way :)

Cause some might think that we spend maybe a million.Not. FIVE (5)

"It's going to be a lot more expensive for us console players then, since we have to buy a LOT more than 3 key packs..."

Sorry didn't you read the conversation above or are you trolling me? You can skip it man,new weapons are coming next mod... You will spend maybe 0.5-1m AD for mats and no key zen required. And you will get weapons better that relic.
    Ofcourse Relic users are upset
    edited January 2017

5m AD if it is a lot: depends.for sure it is not a few ;P

"I'm a bit confused over the economy on the PC side, is 5 m Ad considered a lot?"

maybe it is few for you.it is much for me

5m Ad for an item that it will be replaces in a month or two it is sure a lot! :)

As for the dear console players what do you mean,what that means? :P

it means that I show you how much it costs ,and i did it in a polite way :)

Cause some might think that we spend maybe a million.Not. FIVE (5)

"It's going to be a lot more expensive for us console players then, since we have to buy a LOT more than 3 key packs..."

Sorry didn't you read the conversation above or are you trolling me? You can skip it man,new weapons are coming next mod... You will spend maybe 0.5-1m AD for mats and no key zen required. And you will get weapons better that relic.
    Ofcourse Relic users are upset

Well what I'm getting at is, that if all those complaining and demanding that the M11 weapons has to be weaker than 10.5 gets their way, then console players that want the "best" weapons need to pay a hell of a lot more than the PC players had to.

Which is why I'm hoping that the devs don't go that way, and indeed make the M11 weapons at least as good as the M10.5, or just change the way Svardborg chests work back to the "old" way, either is fine by me..
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    There will always be a trade off between getting something first (and having access to a preview server) and getting it second (and being able to rely on feedback of those who got it first).

Personally I'd like consoles to get the updates at the same time as PC, get everything else we are missing too and truly level the playing field.

As I said, I think making the mod 10 weapons give 100% refinement into the mod 11 ones should be sufficient. I for one decided even before mod 10 was released that I wasn't going to grind for the armor or weapons as it was unreasonable and expected a new set to come quickly enough. Granted, I expected that to be at least 3 months longer than it will be but there you go.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    edited January 2017
    armadeonx said:

There will always be a trade off between getting something first (and having access to a preview server) and getting it second (and being able to rely on feedback of those who got it first).

Personally I'd like consoles to get the updates at the same time as PC, get everything else we are missing too and truly level the playing field.

As I said, I think making the mod 10 weapons give 100% refinement into the mod 11 ones should be sufficient. I for one decided even before mod 10 was released that I wasn't going to grind for the armor or weapons as it was unreasonable and expected a new set to come quickly enough. Granted, I expected that to be at least 3 months longer than it will be but there you go.

RP is a non-factor for anyone that actually acquired the weapons. That would pretty much be a giant middle finger to anyone that completed mod 10 and 10.5 content.

1 Loam =700

I bought 3 keys packs

187 Runs

I'm a bit confused over the economy on the PC side, is 5 m Ad considered a lot?

Guess I was under the wrong impression then...

Also, what does "dear console players" mean?

It's going to be a lot more expensive for us console players then, since we have to buy a LOT more than 3 key packs...
    5m AD will buy you a perfect vorpal enchantment on PC or five r11 enchants etc. etc.

Anyone that's actually going to try to finish it without any changes to SVA is looking at something dumb like 10-20+ million AD on keys alone. Then mod 11 comes out and you look stupid.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • darthlunchbox#7224 darthlunchbox Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So, don't waste my time on relic weapons, got it.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited January 2017

Certainly not until we understand how the M11 weps compare. All of this hoo hah has been based on some lousy tooltips + vague statements made by devs taken out of context.

My big takeaway is to be reminded once again that Patience is Golden in this silly game.
    edited January 2017
    dupeks said:

Certainly not until we understand how the M11 weps compare. All of this hoo hah has been based on some lousy tooltips + vague statements made by devs taken out of context.

My big takeaway is to be reminded once again that Patience is Golden in this silly game.
    I don't get why people keep saying this. The tool tips don't even matter. If the ilvl is the same the damage and the stats are the same and that's accounts for most of what makes the relic weapons any good. The set bonus is nice and all but the new weapons would basically have to have no set bonus to be noticeably worse.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    One of the players in my alliance finished his offhand tonight (on xbox), 130 or something runs, and about 350 keys...

One down, one to go :D