test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[System Notify] You discarded Enchanted Fishing Rod.

forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
The title speaks for itself.
Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    What were you trying to do? All the khyeks and rods have been possible to discard prior to adding the new tab, though it was not a good idea to do so with your best one.

(Ed: Or are you just making a statement about quitting fishing forever. I'm down with that.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

(Ed: Or are you just making a statement about quitting fishing forever. I'm down with that.)

That was my interpretation. It's in player feedback, not bug reports haha!

There is no good reason to fish anymore. Since the new weps announced sound (at least on paper, based on the tooltips, so who knows) to be on par or better than the SKT relic weps, and the SKT boons are useless outside of HW for niche builds (I guess they help with DC dailies too).

A bold move tossing the rod which just got moved to the useless items tab. Who knows if they'll bring fishing back as a major progression element soon.
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I have no idea how long I sat there, only catching rank 1 and 2 fish, with purple rod and krill, but yes @beckylunatic, this was a "I give up on this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" statement. :)
    Had fish been worth double of what they are now, and elk tribe support requirements been halved, I would consider continuing the campaign, just for completion, but this is just too bad. Awful, horrible, discouraging. In short, I decided to stop doing everything that makes me want to quit the game, and this was by far the biggest contributor to that.

Edit:
    Actually, voninblood is the biggest contributor.

• qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

I have no idea how long I sat there, only catching rank 1 and 2 fish, with purple rod and krill, but yes @beckylunatic, this was a "I give up on this HAMSTER" statement. :)

Had fish been worth double of what they are now, and elk tribe support requirements been halved, I would consider continuing the campaign, just for completion, but this is just too bad. Awful, horrible, discouraging. In short, I decided to stop doing everything that makes me want to quit the game, and this was by far the biggest contributor to that.

Edit:

Actually, voninblood is the biggest contributor.

Hm, if you fished for a long time and only caught Rank 1 and 2 fish with the best rod and bait then I can only suspect you did all of your fishing in open water. Unless you fish in a Hot Spot, you can only land Rank 1 and 2 fish along with the very occasional Map in a Bottle. For everything else, you have to fish in Hot Spots. Those are the rings on the water with fish surfacing and a flock of birds circling overhead. Fishing anywhere else, is a complete waste of time. If you were fishing in Hot Spots and still only managed to land Rank 1 and 2 fish, then something was/is very wrong as that is not the way it is supposed to work.

Sorry you had such a hard time fishing.

• forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    AFAIK, you can only get rank 1 in open water.
    I was a bit misleading there, I see that now, 'cause I did get a few ranked higher than that after a good while, but it took far too long, and that is my usual experience with fishing.

Edit:
    Thanks for the description though. :)

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Frozenfar Quipper and Sea Deva are the only possible catches in General Waters and both are Rank I. Anyway, I will continue with the campaign for completion's sake and maybe do FBI/SVA with my CW for the achievements or if friends ask, but I see no reason to restore any more weapons or even rank up the DC one already restored.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother