What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Weapon Enhancement Changes

Comments

• Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    About TR skills proc enchants

I understant the comparation about Ice Terrain and Path of Blades, both does some smal dmg and this activating elemntes in the weapon would be really nice

I DONT understand the SMOKE BOMB call at all, it does dmg ??? sorry for the ignorance but i dropped my tr looooong ago and i cant remember, but if my memory dont fails me it don't do dmg so i think i shoudn't proc weapons or at leas proc only on casting (one time)

Asking for a long duration not dmg skill to proc weapons is the same as ask for keep CW "Imprisionment" skill procing weapon enchants it is reaaally weird...

OBS.: If Smoke bom does dmg (mens my memory is really bad :P) than i agree that weapon enchants have to proc on it on every dmg...

Sorry for my ignorance about those skills but as i said i've dropped my TR a few years ago and i dont pvp...
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited February 2017

@marnival "pls fix its broken" is no help at all. What is broken about it? Go into detail, tell exactly whats missing or what is not working the way it should. Also, you have to keep in mind that they are now focusing on weapon enchants, I don't think it's "santa being around" who grants every wish of yours. Same goes for PvP balancing issues. Please don't let this topic derail.

Tenebrous should according to the change made proc the same amount of times in a time frame instead of all at the same time.
    That is if you have 1 on you it will proc once every 20 sec if you have 4 it should proc 4 times during the same period.

This IS the explanation given by the devs for the change made, this was done to spread the damage from them rather then to deliver all at the same time in a burst during a set period of time.

What they actually did was to make 1 no matter how many you used, to proc at a set period of time making them utterly useless as an option toward other enchants. (some say that if you use different ranks they can proc more then 1 during the set time frame but never tested and it would still make them broken).

They broke it and never even answered a thread about it except for once when they said it worked, this was proven wrong and since then they stayed silent in every thread ever made about them.

Best

• Options
    l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    @rgutscheradev

Can you confirm if the Bark-shield enchantment is working as intended please?

if it isnt can you please fix this ASAP if it is can you please revise it ?

it seems pointless to upgrade each layer to 20k but then allow 1k of damage remove a layer

• Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited February 2017

Here's what's going on:
    Up until now, the weapon enhancements looked at the powers they attached to and asked "are you a reasonable power for me to attach to? do you target an enemy?" That's because we don't want you to (for example) heal yourself, and have your Lightning gem go off. The problem is there are all these powers that attack indirectly (remember those invisible entities I mentioned earlier?). Those are the ones that frequently fail.

We're going to do a big fix-up that should address most of these issues together. We're going to let the WEs attach to everything, except things specifically labeled "don't let WEs attach to me". Then we're going to label the self-heals and such.

The end result *should* be that all the WEs proc when they are supposed to. (The actual result may be that 1 or 2 still don't work for some super-weird reason, and some random "buff your friend" power shoots lightning bolts, but that's OK, it will be a small number of cases that we can, I hope, fix pretty easily.) However, this is a big enough change that we won't be able to make it right away. (It's not so much the change itself as the testing.) We're working on it right now and currently have it scheduled for a few weeks after the upcoming module launches. Not a promise, but that's our current plan.

TL;DR:
    * Lots of WEs are failing to proc with certain powers.
    * That's bad.
    * There is an actual plan to fix it, which is currently underway.

On another subject: my plan to acquire more resources has born fruit (thanks to the benevolence of the Mimicking), and the mighty Asterdahl (our most experienced powers designer) will be picking up some of these bugs.

tyrtallow said:

Many powers basically have a "weapon strike" component in them, which procs weapon enchantments. It's conceivable that this shows up simply as a line of code or a value (ie, a particular encounter power generates an "x" number of weapon strikes). We know that the mechanics of this is trickier on some powers than others (especially powers that also affect allies, like Divine Glow - the reason it can't proc weapon enchantments probably has something to do with how it might also affect allies if it did) but we also know that the devs can choose to add/remove more weapon strikes from powers if they wanted to. There's obviously a function for it since there's a rhyme and reason to how it works (only specific damage over time powers have it, for example).

Score!

Thanks so much for discussing these issues openly with us @rgutscheradev, I know being mysterious is supposed to be your thing (hence Cryptic) but there are enough mysteries in the game that crucial explanations like these (which allow us to discuss these changes objectively and in a more informed manner) should be trivial in the long run while being a godsend for us. It's very easy to track how many of the very meh/worst changes in the game were in a large part because of a failure to communicate between the community and the devs (there are a ton of old pre-modX threads in the forum archives that yet exist as evidence of this).

I don't see why the new enchantments shouldn't support multiple playstyles. Different classes capitalize on different types of enchantments, based on how frequently they can proc them. You proc quickly? Go for the flat damage. You don't have multi-proccing abilities but can stand there and constantly deal damage? Dread/Vorpal is the way to go. You spend a lot of time kiting around? Flaming/Plague Fire.
    Now, you'd have to fine-tune numbers accordingly depending on what role you want the enchant to have. DoT enchants like Flaming/Plague Fire should have a small on-hit direct damage, but the DoT should be scaled up accordingly. Lightning/Fey should provide a reasonable on-hit damage. Frost/Holy Avenger seem to complement support roles, lower their direct damage, strengthen the support aspect.

100% agreed. I see weapon enchants as more playstyle-enforcing than anything, and they should be treated as such or we'll just have a bunch very diverse and "powerful" enchants (at least on paper) that nobody uses because it does absolutely zero for their playstyle.
    Feytouched, for example, is obviously a very good enchant for players who rely on damage effects that don't crit. Thus, at least when it comes to fine-tuning this enchant, this should be taken into account (in case at a later date someone gets the bright idea to increase HR base root damage - for the sake argument let's assume that he was doing for purely practical reasons - and ends up creating the new flavor-of-the-month DPS monster as a result).

But yes, babysteps. It is obvious that resources are limited so our priority here is to set a kind of benchmark for these enchants before anything else, so that future changes might ultimately get it right.

daniloslv said:

As a full control opressor CW, I still keep the opinion that Elven Battle (at pure and transcendent level) is too strong.
    It is an absolute defence against control.

No other mechanic is completely negated in this game like CC vs Elven Battle.

I built my character around CC, and I'm very happy with this build. I can't kill anyone, but I can CC.
    There is a fair trade here. You can gain CC strength, but lose all dps potential.

And a full CC build has a place in PVP when fighting against Healing clerics, or high dps GFs, or tanky Paladins.
    I can pick one of them and keep him CC'd. Killing one those characters is almost impossible and requires a full team on them.
    But when they are CC'd for a long enough time - they are killable by the other members of your team.

But when I face an Elven Battle user I can do nothing. Entangling Force is useless. Freeze is useless. Steal Time is useless. Chill Strike is useless. Icy Rays is useless.

Lets not forget that tenacity also adds to control resistance.

A GF with Elven Battle can kill a full opposing team. And nothing can be done against him.

My Control:
    2100 Control Bonus = 10%
    26 WIS = 16%
    Valinda Set = 15%
    Feated Orb of Imposition = 24%
    Off hand Artifact Class Feature = 5%
    Dragons Grip boon = 10%

That is 80% Control Bonus. A very niche focused build. With a class that is supposed to excel in Control (Control Wizard) with a Feat Tree that is supposed to boost control (Opressor). But all that is completely negated by Elven Battle.

I would consider this to be unbalanced.

Stop right there. Are you actually using an effing GF as a measuring stick for PvP? Are you nuts? A class with one of the strongest bursts in PvP, a reliable prone power, powers that lack a reliable tell (unlike say, CWs, who mostly have clear and distinct ways of lifting their arms when casting certain spells or rogues and their audio cues), a power that allows them to catch up to sprinting classes movespeed-wise, various party-wide buffing powers, a class skill that already allows them to significantly reduce all incoming damage/ignore CC (among various other innate damage/control-immunity/resistance powers) and with SIGNIFICANT innate survivability (and survivability multipliers, with friendly buffs) because... well, they're tanks. They're built to be able to survive monsters that have more HP and damage than you or I will ever have.
    We DO NOT use a clearly superior class as a measuring stick. Next we'll be comparing ourselves to combat HRs, demanding piercing damage for everyone and then we might as well forget that stats like mitigation actually exist in PvP.

ghoulz66 said:

Please don't end up nerfing dreadtheft or blades. They're already low dps to begin with. Even with WE multiprocs you'll see a GWF mow down mobs by the time a SW with lightning gets the chance. Damnation and temptation need all the damage they can squeeze out.

Powers like Dreadtheft and Blades of Vanquished Armies still multiproc, I think what he means is that several powers actually proc weapon strike enchants multiple times on activation.
    From what I understand Dreadtheft and Blades of Vanquished Armies (among similar powers like Punishing/Soothing Light, Icy Terrain, etc) have multiple activation instances, so they can proc weapon strikes multiple times.
    For the sake of clarity let's say he changed it so your Dreadtheft now procs weapon strike enchants twice per activation instance, instead of just once. By default Dreadtheft has around 17 activation instances, IIRC. This would basically double the number of weapon strike procs that your Dreadtheft does, up to 34.
    Post edited by tyrtallow on
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    rafaelda said:

I understant the comparation about Ice Terrain and Path of Blades, both does some smal dmg and this activating elemntes in the weapon would be really nice

I DONT understand the SMOKE BOMB call at all, it does dmg ??? sorry for the ignorance but i dropped my tr looooong ago and i cant remember, but if my memory dont fails me it don't do dmg so i think i shoudn't proc weapons or at leas proc only on casting (one time)

Asking for a long duration not dmg skill to proc weapons is the same as ask for keep CW "Imprisionment" skill procing weapon enchants it is reaaally weird...

OBS.: If Smoke bom does dmg (mens my memory is really bad :P) than i agree that weapon enchants have to proc on it on every dmg...

Sorry for my ignorance about those skills but as i said i've dropped my TR a few years ago and i dont pvp...

Yeah smoke bomb has multiple ticks of damage just like Icy Terrain.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

* Lots of WEs are failing to proc with certain powers.
    * That's bad.
    * There is an actual plan to fix it, which is currently underway.

Yay! Speaking as a DC, with one major power that does not work as it should.

So we can expect a fix in March then? ;)
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    rafaelda said:

Maybe you have a point. But take in account that smoke bomb loses a chunk of damage swapping out that vorpal. There's also losing damage from dazing, lashing blade, WoB daily. Should there not be some kind of middle ground so a TR doesn't completely gimp itself just so it can use PotB?
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    ghoulz66 said:

rafaelda said:

Maybe you have a point. But take in account that smoke bomb loses a chunk of damage swapping out that vorpal. There's also losing damage from dazing, lashing blade, WoB daily. Should there not be some kind of middle ground so a TR doesn't completely gimp itself just so it can use PotB?

• Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    rafaelda said:

Smoke bomb doesn't proc anything but damage is more than good, at it's current state on live even considering other encounters with WE smoke bomb is still pro choice always in multi target, what most people mean is that it would be nice for it to have those weapon enchants proccing to have something diferent, more interesting, PoB is influenced by vorpal but not these "rare" WE being reworked, of course PoB cannot proc the full damage of the WE on each tick each target, inspite of long cooldown it would erase everything in it's path, but the idea is give the habillity to, to make pretty stuff happen xD.

• Options
    masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    I scrolled through a few pages of this post but didn't see it mentioned.....are all the weapon enchants scaling with debuff and buffs....or just power? I'm only seeing mentions of scaling with power...
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    masteroga said:

I scrolled through a few pages of this post but didn't see it mentioned.....are all the weapon enchants scaling with debuff and buffs....or just power? I'm only seeing mentions of scaling with power...

They scaling with buffs and debuffs as well.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    @rafaelda

Icy terrain is dropped at a target location and ticks damage plus cc stacks

Smoke bomb is dropped at a target location and ticks damage plus cc as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited February 2017

If classes with DoTs or multi-procs are going to get more damage from certain powers, WEs should proc on Deep Gash and Slam for GWF, they don't.

Feat based procs or DoTs proccing Weapon Enchants is a terrible idea. Imagine what would happen if Bload Soaked Blades, Abyss of Chaos, Piercing Blades, Creeping Death, Thorned Roots, Jagged Blades, Fire of the Gods, etc. all procced Weapon Enchants. Not sure the game engine could actually handle that.

-

On another note: The Feytouched enchant suffers from an annoying bug on some classes, but most notably - for me - the HR. It seems like it will apply it's ICD twice for some HR effects, meaning the mobs will get debuffed, but you, the player, won't actually get the buff until it's next 20sec cycle. It's been around since the increase to Pure and Transcendent went Live.

This is something that's rather annoying to me because 1) Feytouched is pretty *sparkly eyes*; 2) It's a perfect enchant for people that are looking for that balance between offensive and defensive.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options

jaegernl said:

If classes with DoTs or multi-procs are going to get more damage from certain powers, WEs should proc on Deep Gash and Slam for GWF, they don't.

Feat based procs or DoTs proccing Weapon Enchants is a terrible idea. Imagine what would happen if Bload Soaked Blades, Abyss of Chaos, Piercing Blades, Creeping Death, Thorned Roots, Jagged Blades, Fire of the Gods, etc. all procced Weapon Enchants. Not sure the game engine could actually handle that.
    But reading the above posts, it seem to be what is being suggested. For all classes except GWF. :p
    Could you do me a solid and quote it for me?
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    @defiantone99 Far from it, actually. We are talking about damage over time and mechanics that need time to slowly deal damage. GWF is the complete opposite of that, you wreck within moments. The reworked weapon enchants will not leave the GWF in the dust.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    rafaelda said:

I DONT understand the SMOKE BOMB call at all, it does dmg ???

Damage was added to Smoke Bomb, apparently some time after you stopped playing a TR. :D
    marnival said:

What they actually did was to make 1 no matter how many you used, to proc at a set period of time making them utterly useless as an option toward other enchants.

I disagree about them being useless, provided the user only runs one. It's not a bad supplemental damage source for builds with high health, particularly if they are also low-DPS.
    ghoulz66 said:

Should there not be some kind of middle ground so a TR doesn't completely gimp itself just so it can use PotB?

PotB with weapon enchant ticks would have to test out to be utterly amazeballs in practice to make it any good.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

@rafaelda

Icy terrain is dropped at a target location and ticks damage plus cc stacks

Smoke bomb is dropped at a target location and ticks damage plus cc as well.

Tks man, i couldn't remember if it was doing dmg...

Since it does dmg i'm with you guys it should proc weapon enchants !!
  • Options
    tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User

Yes, these changes do affect Elven Battle.

You'll stack up Chill but you won't get the slow for it (or rather, you'll get the slow very briefly).

I suspect for every PvP CW who wants to buy me a beverage, there will be a non-CW who wants to pour said beverage over my head, but we'll see how it goes. I agree with the basic point of the CWs who say that shutting off a core mechanic like Chill completely is too harsh, but of course if something is brokenly OP on the CWs we'd have to take another look.

Right now, I'm hoping that CWs can do their thing and get their complete damage rotations in, and people with Elven Battle can continue to gain the advantage of "I'm not locked down by all this control!", which is (in my mind) the real purpose of Elven Battle. (I run Elven Battle myself in PvP on my H/R, and I think that is a worthwhile and fair advantage -- "CWs are totally shut down" is not fair!)

Just for the record, I did NOT touch Elven Battle in any way. The only changes are to Chill itself. (Btw, Becky was quite right when she said in the Elven Battle thread that this was essentially the same as what let you stack Chill on control-immune bosses -- that used to be a problem, and someone fixed it the same way I'm fixing Chill now. I'm basically just letting that fix apply to non-bosses as well.)

Finally, i'm one of the CW that will buy you a beverage, ofc
  • Options
    Bug Report:

All of the reworked enchants - so barring Vorpal and Dread - cause the Lostmauth set to stop working completely on the Hunter Ranger.

Tested this with all enchants. Affects both At-wills and Encounters.

• Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2017
    As @rgutscheradev mentioned earlier in the thread, I've begun assisting in making some fixes and improvements to weapon enchantments, so far my work has been focused on Plague Fire and Frost. The changes were made with the goal of improving, simplifying and fixing outstanding bugs. To open the discussion, I am including below the updated tooltips for the "base" version of each enchant and its transcendent version. Discussion below.

Transcendent Frost Enchantment
    You deal an additional 28% weapon damage as Cold damage with your powers. In addition you apply a 30% slow, 28% recharge speed reduction, 30% damage resistance reduction, 30% damage dealt reduction and disable your target for 4 seconds. (No disable in PvP.) This effect may occur no more than once every 20 seconds.

Frost Enchantment
    You deal an additional 14% weapon damage as Cold damage with your powers. In addition you apply a 30% slow, 18% recharge speed reduction, and disable your target for 4 seconds. (No disable in PvP.) This effect may occur no more than once every 20 seconds.

With the frost enchantment the added damage, slow and disable effect remain the same. Where frost used to affect player stats like recovery, deflect, and power it has been changed to affect recharge speed, damage resistance and damage dealt.

Under the hood this enchantment actually already affected damage resistance and damage dealt directly when used in PvE content, as non-player enemies do not have "power," "recovery," etc. in the sense that players do. However, none of that information was displayed in the tooltip. This unification allows the tooltip to be more accurate without being overly bloated.

Beyond unifying the PvE and PvP effects, the overall effectiveness has been increased dramatically as the effect is only active for 4 seconds every 20 seconds. Actually, there was a bug with this enchantment where the damage resistance and damage dealt effects did not respect the cooldown, though this was not obvious because they did not display a debuff icon. Although the bug fix means the effects will not be up as often, the old values applied in PvE were very small and have been more than quadrupled for an overall buff.

Transcendent Plague Fire Enchantment
    Your powers deal an additional 12% weapon damage as Fire damage. In addition your foe burns for 5% weapon damage every 1 second and is affected by a 3% damage resistance reduction and 2% damage dealt reduction. This effect lasts for 3 seconds and stacks up to 3 times.

If the target is affected by 3 stacks your powers cause the target to explode dealing 60% weapon damage to nearby foes. This effect may occur no more than once every 20 seconds.

Plague Fire Enchantment
    Your powers deal an additional 8% weapon damage as Fire damage. In addition your foe burns for 2% weapon damage every 1 second and is affected by a 3% damage resistance reduction. This effect lasts for 3 seconds and stacks up to 3 times.

With the plague fire enchantment the added damage and damage over time effects remain the same. Like frost, in cases where player stats like power and defense were affected, it has been changed to affect damage resistance and damage dealt.

(Feel free to skip this paragraph, if you read the frost details, as I'm repeating myself for those looking only at plague fire.) Under the hood this enchantment actually already affected damage resistance and damage dealt directly when used in PvE content, as non-player enemies do not have "power," "recovery," etc. in the sense that players do. However, none of that information was displayed in the tooltip. This unification allows the tooltip to be more accurate without being overly bloated.

Beyond unifying the PvE and PvP effects, a number of not-so-obvious issues were fixed. The 3 second debuff applied by plague fire did not refresh its duration when it was reapplied, which means that if you attacked slower than every second stacks of this buff would fall off, and you would fluctuate between 1, 2 and 3 stacks depending on your attack speed. Now, the duration of all stacks will be refreshed whenever the effect is applied. If you reach 3 stacks and continue to attack at least every 3 seconds, all 3 stacks will remain on the target continually.

Another small issue that has been resolved, although the damage over time effect indicates it will occur once every second for 3 seconds, it would actually only proc twice when applied. If you attacked fast enough, this is largely unnoticeable, but the effect now procs 3 times as one would expect.

Finally, the AoE effect present on the transcendent level enchantment has been increased from 40% weapon damage to 60%. In addition, on the back end, the percentage of the damage was slightly affected by the activation speed of the power, as this effect can only occur once every 20 seconds already, that adjustment has been removed. On top of this, the maximum number of targets hit by this effect has been increased from an unstated 3 to 5, which is in line with the AoE target cap on most powers in the game.

As a last, minor note on plague fire, the power no longer sometimes prints 2 debuff icons, and the debuff icon has been changed to be unique, as opposed to being the same icon as the flaming weapon enchantment.

---

The final item I would like to address affects both of these enchantments. As some of you are no doubt aware, most damage resistance reduction in the game is affected by a 200% cap. However, a small number of powers are exempt.

The resistance cap and the fact that some powers arbitrarily fall outside of it is something we have been looking at and deliberating on how to approach. We won't be making any sweeping changes to those powers currently exempt from the cap, however, as we are increasing the overall effectiveness of frost and plague fire enchantments—and these are the only two enchantments which were not affected by the cap—we have adjusted them to properly respect the cap.

If we did reconsider how to approach the cap in the future, we would like to not unintentionally cause a "fake-out" situation where these enchantments become popular almost entirely because of this exemption, only to have that exemption revoked. Please feel free to use this thread as a venue to provide feedback on damage resistance caps and exemptions.

Let me guess - because divine glow has a healing component to it, this is the reason it currently doesn't proc weapon enchants? No one ever figured out how to have the effect target the mobs and not the player(s)?

While that's not a bad guess, it's actually due to the power being one that requires selecting a target area, not due to it having a healing component. When @rgutscheradev mentioned a big fixup for a number of powers that don't proc weapon enhancements, Divine Glow should be caught in that fixup. I apologize for the inconvenience this issue has long caused.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Wow, 30%??! I mean...it seems excescive, in jump fights like demogorgon/sva/tiamat (with pauses) and in endgame groups in normal dungeon cleaning the fighting time amount will be quite superior to 1/5th. in pvp as well it will give a big burst. 200% DR reduction in jump fights is not always easy to achieve, in bosses on the other hand....

About plague im a bit confused so i have to try.

• Options
    daniloslvdaniloslv Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Thanks for the rework on Frost Enchant!
    I have a question I hope you could answer
    asterdahl said:

You deal an additional 28% weapon damage as Cold damage with your powers.

Does the damage from the Frost enchant also get buffed from CW feat Arcane Presence?

Arcane Presence
    Arcane Mastery also increases the damage of your Cold based attacks by 34% of the buff value.

Leliana - Healer DC
    Leliana C.W. - Opressor CW
    Lelian O.P. - Bulwark Paladin
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    @asterdahl are you sure about the 30% part in the Frost?

Nevermind, I read everything again.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

The final item I would like to address affects both of these enchantments. As some of you are no doubt aware, most damage resistance reduction in the game is affected by a 200% cap. However, a small number of powers are exempt.

The resistance cap and the fact that some powers arbitrarily fall outside of it is something we have been looking at and deliberating on how to approach. We won't be making any sweeping changes to those powers currently exempt from the cap, however, as we are increasing the overall effectiveness of frost and plague fire enchantments—and these are the only two enchantments which were not affected by the cap—we have adjusted them to properly respect the cap.

If we did reconsider how to approach the cap in the future, we would like to not unintentionally cause a "fake-out" situation where these enchantments become popular almost entirely because of this exemption, only to have that exemption revoked. Please feel free to use this thread as a venue to provide feedback on damage resistance caps and exemptions.

@michela123 you may want to read this.
    daniloslv said:

Thanks for the rework on Frost Enchant!
    I have a question I hope you could answer

asterdahl said:

You deal an additional 28% weapon damage as Cold damage with your powers.

Does the damage from the Frost enchant also get buffed from CW feat Arcane Presence?

Arcane Presence
    Arcane Mastery also increases the damage of your Cold based attacks by 34% of the buff value.

So long as it procs off a cold power, it should.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    What about Bilethorn? It's outperforming literally anything right now on preview, like 5 times over best in slot (over Dread/Vorpal). I'm going to toss a wild guess and say it can't be intended, any fix coming? @asterdahl