test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

river district!

ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
edited January 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10354443

good timing right after key depression!
curious, and looking forward to know more!!!
hach!

spellplague caverns yes please!!!

Comments

• Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Please make sure there are no Demons or HE's loitering in the River District...
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    All I can hope is that the DEVs learned from their CN disaster.

SP was one of those endurance runs filled to the brim with mobs. They better not butcher it like they did to CN which is the most boring @#$ thing I have ever run.

If they want to make it better, go hardcore and add even more mobs. LESS IS NOT MORE!!

• Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

They better not butcher it like they did to CN . . .

I keep trying to fill in "or what" at the end of that. They will do what they do and we'll either keep playing or not. I'm looking forward to Spellplague and any zone that isn't "ice" themed.

I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    A return of Spell is a good sign. Hopefully the Overseer will be able to pull out of its slumming phase - phoning in attacks in Mantol Derith. Perhaps a bit of Rocky themed training montage is appropriate.

Seriously, I will never understand why they remade dross like Cragmire and Graywolf and left out one of the few boss fights with actual mechanics! And yes to no ice and no HEs. Demons or devils - ok if the add new ones. Also please retire winter wolves forever. Most annoying and overused mob since beta!

Here is to future announcements regarding Idris, Charti and the Big Brain!
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

All I can hope is that the DEVs learned from their CN disaster.

+1
    Please, don't cut the dungeon!!!!
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    When I saw river district my first concern was Fly Fishing. Followed with Lord Never telling me he was my father NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
  • Options
    hawkeyel said:

When I saw river district my first concern was Fly Fishing. Followed with Lord Never telling me he was my father NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

hmm... ... ... barbel, bream, bulhead... burbot, carp, chub... crayfish, dace, eel, flounder... grayling, gudgeon, lamprey, lampern... loach, minnow, muscle, perch, pike, roach... rud, ruff, salmon, salmon trout, salmon pink, sand eel, shad, smelt, strickleback... sturgeon, stream pink, tench, trout... whitling...

for lord neverembers breakfast table...
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    There are no demons but they recycled mobs from sharandar, the firey pit, and the chasm. Then the zone is a giant HE with lairs that you do to get resources to do HEs. And then it's just another giant grind for weapons again.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    I'm looking forward to this... been waiting for something else to do in the city itself... maybe see another uprising of the Nasher rebels.. I can hope right? :)
    Would also like to see at some future point in time, an expansion of the Underdark
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Why don't they return all the epic dungeons and call it a mod. They could just tune them for level 70 and call it a day.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    I would say probably why they won't do that is around about 40% +/- of the player population do not really run dungeons that often. Maybe one or two runs a week or so, or not even at all. Either too busy running dailies/weeklies, or Pvping only.
  • Options
    gleichgewichtnwgleichgewichtnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    urabask said:

There are no demons but they recycled mobs from sharandar, the firey pit, and the chasm. Then the zone is a giant HE with lairs that you do to get resources to do HEs. And then it's just another giant grind for weapons again.

What? New weapons?

I just got my main hand in esvard to legendary and are on my off hand. With the key changes no easy thing, much fail groups in the 3k channels now.

Pleasy dont tell me, that there are new better weapons in the new module? Then all the ppl who skipped STK were right. In that case I will skip all the farming stuff from now on and just do the story quests.

• Options
    i skipped SKT weapons and armor... but mainly because i lacked motivation for kessel-like-ice-specialized-gear...
    felt adverse to get armor just to enter a dungeon and take it off in the lobby
    as it would have needed SO MUCH BLOOD to maintain (before mod 10.5)...

eventually FBI and SVA might become accessible without special cold damage resistance... and then! ^^
    but... also feel that most of my chars are well provided for without the very best...
    or even best equipped with older weapons (for instance fire elemental for AP support)

new weapons are unlikely to become BETTER than SKT weapons... that would be... kind of unfair...
  • Options

I would say probably why they won't do that is around about 40% +/- of the player population do not really run dungeons that often. Maybe one or two runs a week or so, or not even at all. Either too busy running dailies/weeklies, or Pvping only.

i would be extremely curious
    to get these numbers from cryptic!
    ... unfortunately they are *confidential*

same as: pvp participation, IL distribution, use of powers, time played, payment distribution and ensuing use of ZEN/AD, etc etc
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2017

urabask said:

What? New weapons?

I just got my main hand in esvard to legendary and are on my off hand. With the key changes no easy thing, much fail groups in the 3k channels now.

Pleasy dont tell me, that there are new better weapons in the new module? Then all the ppl who skipped STK were right. In that case I will skip all the farming stuff from now on and just do the story quests.

Stats are just as good as relic weapons but they have different set bonuses. Mats for weapons are definitely easier to get than turtle moults, although there's still some RNG involved. It's still a pretty big grind but not time gated anywhere near as harsh as the relic weapons were.

I did the relic weapons on two toons so I'm already a bit irritated with this but the only thing about this that would really HAMSTER me off is if they don't use the SVA marks for upgrades. It's a terrible system but they'd have to offer something to all the people that ground their marks in SVA.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    urabask said:

Stats are just as good as relic weapons but they have different set bonuses. Mats for weapons are definitely easier to get than turtle moults, although there's still some RNG involved. It's still a pretty big grind but not time gated anywhere near as harsh as the relic weapons were.

This is great news for me - I'm not particularly fond of the set bonus on the relic weapons for my dc.
  • Options
    ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited January 2017

urabask said:

This is great news for me - I'm not particularly fond of the set bonus on the relic weapons for my dc.
    I just skip right over the relic and stick with my SH wep set. It gives buffs to party and I dodge too much/don't get the chance to dps enough to utilize the increased based wep dmg or the dps set bonus (dodging makes me get the defensive bonus :pensive:)

I'll be eyeing that River District closely.. different set bonus might mean something useful for us DCs! :wink:

Also hoping that they kept the disappearing planes mechanic of the SP last boss... such good memories there to fall off it or get knocked off by the mobs haha
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User

I just skip right over the relic and stick with my SH wep set. It gives buffs to party and I dodge too much and don't get the chance to dps enough to utilize the increased based wep dmg or the dps set bonus (dodging makes me get the defensive bonus :pensive:

I'll be eyeing that River District closely.. different set bonus might mean something useful for us DCs! :wink:

I've been sticking with my fire weapon set. I'll be watching the previews closely as well. Fingers crossed the set bonus is something useful.
  • Options
    gleichgewichtnwgleichgewichtnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    There was a statement from cryptic some time ago that the artifact weapons will stay over some modules. Now they replacing it every module. And the only way to get the weapons is farming as usual. I play since alpha and just wondering, what happend to "foundry is an elemental part of our game"-NWO?
  • Options

There was a statement from cryptic some time ago that the artifact weapons will stay over some modules. Now they replacing it every module. And the only way to get the weapons is farming as usual. I play since alpha and just wondering, what happend to "foundry is an elemental part of our game"-NWO?

well... foundry was the main reason i started neverwinter in beta times...
    and... it didn't really work out...
    trial and error...
    there were many other adventures to be had though!
    ^^
  • Options
    urabask said:

thank you for the good news!
    :-)

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    A friend has jumped through all the hoops on Preview and said that the weapons require standard marks... power stability union... so that's good in some ways and aggravating in others.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

urabask said:

What? New weapons?

I seriously doubt they'd nerf the SKT loot already.

I think it's much more likely that this River expansion is more aimed at people like me, who took one look at SKT and said "thanks but no thanks". I haven't set a virtual foot with any of my alts into the SKT zone, and have no plans to do so. This will provide some (hopefully) engaging new content and quests to keep us non-SKT players interested in the game.

Not to say they won't nerf that SKT loot eventually. Of course they will at some point. Probably not until mod 12 or 13 though.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2017

urabask said:

What? New weapons?

I seriously doubt they'd nerf the SKT loot already.

I think it's much more likely that this River expansion is more aimed at people like me, who took one look at SKT and said "thanks but no thanks". I haven't set a virtual foot with any of my alts into the SKT zone, and have no plans to do so. This will provide some (hopefully) engaging new content and quests to keep us non-SKT players interested in the game.

Not to say they won't nerf that SKT loot eventually. Of course they will at some point. Probably not until mod 12 or 13 though.
    Introducing better items than X isn't a nerf. It changes nothing about the effectiveness of X, only means that Y is now better. And Z which will be even better is always on the horizon or just over it.

If we take the weapons that can be earned in the River District as Y, they are roughly equivalent to SKT's X in the same regard that Twisted, Burning, Drowned, Stronghold were all equal but different. But, the Y sets are significantly easier to restore, and the as-yet-untested set bonuses may actually prove to be better in the regard that Twisted was better than Burning for DPS despite having the same core stats.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    ghoulz66 said:

SP was one of those endurance runs filled to the brim with mobs. They better not butcher it like they did to CN which is the most boring @#$ thing I have ever run.

If they want to make it better, go hardcore and add even more mobs. LESS IS NOT MORE!!

Way back in the day, the devs were criticized because every boss encounter boiled down to managing swarms of adds. They got the message. Boy, did they get the message. The pendulum swung waaaay in the other direction, to the point where a Control Wizard doesn't have much that a) needs to be controlled, and b) can be controlled.

I'm with you. Hopefully, the epic version will swarm with so many adds that I need to remember what my target caps are and direct my controls to where they are most needed. Might I even hope that it will make sense to time dailies with other party members again? :smile: Managing the hordes was super fun. Can't wait for the epic version to be up on preview.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options

But, the Y sets are significantly easier to restore, and the as-yet-untested set bonuses may actually prove to be better in the regard that Twisted was better than Burning for DPS despite having the same core stats.

that sounds very promising!
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

ghoulz66 said:

Way back in the day, the devs were criticized because every boss encounter boiled down to managing swarms of adds. They got the message. Boy, did they get the message. The pendulum swung waaaay in the other direction, to the point where a Control Wizard doesn't have much that a) needs to be controlled, and b) can be controlled.

I'm with you. Hopefully, the epic version will swarm with so many adds that I need to remember what my target caps are and direct my controls to where they are most needed. Might I even hope that it will make sense to time dailies with other party members again? :smile: Managing the hordes was super fun. Can't wait for the epic version to be up on preview.

ghoulz66 said:

I Hope to see Hordes too, not only for my CW, i've runned a Valindra fight where my team was iped really fast and i did the last fight solo, at some point i had to face toons of undead (i was playing my GF and he's a tank, dps is no good) and that was reaaaaaaallly fun, i hope to see that in dungeons to make CW and GF have fun like i had...