test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

QoL

micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
edited January 2017 in Player Feedback (PC)
SH:
  • Logs: Handles in all relevant logs entries.
  • Logs: Correct sums numbers for donations, now it's "Donated 4 influence (using vouchers)" Where it should be "Donated 1600 influence (using 4 vouchers)" .
  • Logs: Correct entries for actions, now kicks show as "Player left the guild". For minimal code change even two log entries per one action will work fine, for example 1. "Guild leader X kicked player Y" 2. "Player Y left the guild"
  • Logs: Option to export the log to CSV, as in the roster /ExportGuildMemberList Entries should be enumerated/unique_id in the log so the logs are easier to stitch together with external tools
  • Guild UI: Stronghold tab: Structures that being build do not display the time left to finish construction, it will always display 0:00 and full green bar. While Alliance->Stronghold view does display correctly
  • Guild UI: Stronghold tab should display both costs, before the discount and after. 3 Numbers per item actual price (original price) / amount in coffer
  • Guild UI: Roster should be sortable by last login.
  • Guild UI: Roster name filter, like in the custom channels search or any web data table.
  • Alliance UI: Alliance Roster displays only the number of pages in the viewer guild, in example if I'm in a guild with 1 member, and want to view a guild that has all 500 online I will see only the first page with 9 people. The next / previews buttons do not work
  • Alliance UI: Current membership account number is always 0
  • Alliance Title: Should be customizable and set by the helm and not the helm guild name.
  • Alliance Title: Display Alliance title instead of guild name should be off by default.

ViP:
  • ViP should include Guild coffer summon
  • XMPP access

Inventory:
This was discussed plenty of times so I wont mention the things that need extensive rework like RP & Bind problem but focus on things that should be somewhat easier to fix:
  • Professions Resources: The are now tremendously more resources than slots. MW, Mod10-10.5 All added items there, but no room was added.
  • Professions Assets: More room here too!
  • Separate storage for Keys
  • Separate storage Fashion
  • Bags: Non-discardable, non-sellable, bound bags... that take inventory space
  • Bags: Should be BtA, no incentive to buy any bags now.
  • Quest Items: Something must be done about this. Yeti Horns, Bear Fur, Totems, LonelyWoods fish, etc.. all take a lot of bag space, and limits the ability of people just do their quest. A different storage, a special bag.... Something...
  • Larger Stacks: Stacks should be up to 999 or higher
  • Bank: Option to sort private bank
  • Bank: Option to sort shared bank
  • Bank: Option to select the double click target -> chose when double click if item transferred to the personal banks or the shared bank.

Transmutes:
  • Should be unlock-able and then reclaimable
  • Or at least all BtA. The BtC Is horrendous in terms of storage, disappointment in drops - getting BtC item not for your class when you need it at another char is worse than not getting anything. And transmuting BtA weapons with BtC transmutes caused people enough grief

Chat & custom channels:
I don't want to get into mutes / or translation, but:
  • Chat: Fixed back buffer: Chat gets randomly cleared, it should hold a fixed number of messages back and delete the old, and not total clear
  • Chat: Char change clears chat: There is obvious implementation issue here, but even if the player can't receive messages, similar to the former issue, the chat history shouldn't be cleared.
  • Custom channels: MotD doesn't work. Never worked.
  • Spellchecking: Word banks are available for all needed languages. The suggestion and correction algorithms are widely known and simple enough, a client side spellchecker with tool-tip suggestion shouldn't be to hard to do.

Queue party / Lobby:
  • Private Queue should allow moving members - A simple arrow up and down available to the queue party leader while hovering over members will allow to shift members and allow to create balanced parties (heals, buffs, etc), dragging and dropping will be marvelous.
  • Context menu bug...
  • Disconnecting and reconnecting while in queue group doesn't re-add to the /q channel

Shops:
  • Less clicking more sliders. WB, Bounty, campaign stores and campaign npc, MW items like shark oil. http://www.darklegacycomics.com/561
  • Sliders: For some sliders they should default at max and not 1, like VBlood relics
  • Sliders: Stack / Max button that will set the slider to it's maximum value (should be a stack) instead of typing.
  • Sliders: Enter should buy the selected amount, and not only enter numbers with keyboard, and get back to the mouse to select buy.
  • Ardent Favors: It's sad. Outdated and sad. A good place to add some of the no longer available transmutes.

General UI:
  • Main Menu: Reorder characters !
  • Main Menu: Clicking a char should indicate it's invokes x/6 (where all the guild, zone etc text)
  • Campaign window: There are no words to describe that one. Please redo.
  • Campaign window: Backspace key should activate "back" button where available
  • Quest Journal: Should be able to filter by Campaign, Zone, Level, etc... Right now it's useless.
  • Guild finder: Unreliable, only after several clicks and cursing it will find what is obviously there.
  • Alt C&C: Overview of alt inventory, currency (and invoke coins), profession status from a single place. Without reloging chars. Can be similar to the professions page where the chars are on the left and the middle can be tabbed to view char inventory and currency, invoke status, profession status, etc.. View only is a good start.
  • Professions: Char selection (even just dropdown) can be added to the professions page, so professions can be managed on all chars without reloging and loading the entire char.

Mail:
With the recent mail restrictions looks like the server is not handling mails well, so I'll stick to what I think is a good compromise:
  • Sent Items: If we can't have sent items, at least a Log tab with last X sent mail info (date, address, subject, and item names that were attached).
    Sending a mail now it's like sending a pigeon, you don't really know where it will fly or if it get there.
  • Display the counters: There are 20 mails with items limit and 200 total limit, but the current count is not displayed anywhere. Please Add.
  • Guild mail: Option to send guild mails to specific ranks (having 7 check-boxes, 1 for each rank, will work)

Questing / Dailies:
  • More quest that share results: Encourage group play, dailies should have more uniform behavior and allow cooperative play. For example a member killing a yeti should count for the team.
  • List of completed and not-completed weekly quests for each campaign / char

Testing:
  • Dummies: Option to summon dummies in specific zones / areas. Following types:
    • Full level range dummies 70-73
    • Dummies with defense like real enemies
    • Dummies that attack back with fixed known attack
    • Large HP dummies that reset only after some time to test "Enemy has lower than X% HP" damage types
  • Weapons: Fixed non-range weapons for all classes
Logs:
  • CombatLog: Option to export the combat log, not during combat - having /Combatlog 1 during intensive combat drops fps even on SSD, so an option to have it in memory and then exported will be great.
Other:
  • Fey Enchantments: Should auto pick loot. Like dragon's hoard, and Quartermasters.
  • Enchantments: Option to clear excess RP points from an enchantment so they will stack.

Will add/edit more. QoL suggestion welcome.
Post edited by micky1p00 on

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Allow selling of relics and fish to the appropriate vendors by double clicking in the inventory, so that they work identically to the normal shop UI. Same thing with SH coffer.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Awesome list! I can't currently think of anything to add to it off the top of my head, but if I think of anything, I'll let you know.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    uzalauzala Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Great list, Cryptic please read.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    All in all.. everything should either be bound to account, or unbound. Anything that is BTC.. is simply the harshest penalty.

That simplifies so much.

Frankly I would just turn on double RP values and allow us to use rp at any juncture, you might not have spike sales anymore, but it seems you would have a steady stream all year round, allowing players to upgrade as they go.. instead of waiting for the events.

On VIP.. this has decreased in value alot lately, with the advent of no one running dungeons anymore, I cant even say its worth the bother. Getting those 3 extra keys used to mean a leg up.. now it means nothing, you cant even find 3 dungeon runs in a row being done anymore.

I have no real answers to that.. you kind of screwed up dungeon loot to = less time then running hes and fishing, so that is the base issue, until dungeons = better loot then that, vip just isnt worth it at its base in terms of AD creation anymore.

Other then that, Jannes suggestions seem more or less spot on.

• Options
    edited December 2016

Spellchecking

Would be very nice. But due to the amount of work that'll take and the benefits gained, I don't see Cryptic adding a Google translate feature or even anything remotely like it. Too expensive to buy and too much hassle to make. Still, would be nice.
    Yes, translation is both complex, costly and even adapting the UI to fit is not likely.
    What I mean is spellchecker only. Like browser that underlines words in red, phone keyboards, etc... With perhaps a small tool-tip window that suggests the few likely correction when the cursor (the typing one not the mouse) on it. So only text color and tool-tips, both already available in terms of UI elements and non intrusive in terms of current UI.

It's very easy to implement, most basic approaches use the string distance:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levenshtein_distance

Here a good, short, read:
    http://norvig.com/spell-correct.html
    (At the bottom there is implementation in various languages, very simple and very short, about from 20 to 50 lines of code for most languages)

And:
    http://blog.faroo.com/2012/06/07/improved-edit-distance-based-spelling-correction/

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-algorithms-of-spelling-correction-that-were-used-by-search-engine

In this case, the game has few benefits:

1.limited vocabulary (MMO is not exactly a literature master class, and those that wield the language good enough don't need the spell checker as much)

2. It is client side, so no stress on the server. People can select the language, add words or enable / disable it at will.

3. It needs only to be as fast as people type (which in computer terms extremely slow), this combined with the smaller vocabulary that needed can make a low resource good enough spellchecker.

Custom channels: MotD doesn't work. Never worked.

Using this a lot in our guild to announce the type of currency we need for the SH. Worked fine so far. What did you find broken with it? I can't find it.
    The custom channels MotD, not guild. If you have a custom channel they have both description and MotD. The MotD never displays in the channel unlike the guild one that works fine.
    It only displays once, when edited and saved, but never on regular times or player loging in.
    Post edited by micky1p00 on
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    I miss a general "allow me to use the keyboard".
    E.g. if there is a button labelled "back" in the (terrible) campaign window I would like to press the "backspace" key to go back one menu.
    Keyboard Navigation in crafting window!
    You took the Gateway away.

We have 3 or more different windows for "OK / Cancel" "No / Yes" which are all inconsistent. I understand this to be intentional, but it is terrible nevertheless.

but most important to me would be:
    Give me a mode where I can VIEW all my toons and banks at the same time! I have to relog 20 times just to find where my legendary alchemist is at the moment. JUST VIEW!

If you are generous:
    Let us manage all our inventories and banks via a webpage with drag&drop for all toons in PE (items AND crafting resources)
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    kiteareskiteares Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    <snip>

but most important to me would be:
    Give me a mode where I can VIEW all my toons and banks at the same time! I have to relog 20 times just to find where my legendary alchemist is at the moment. JUST VIEW!
    <snip>
    I'd go one further -
    Seeing as the gateway is gone, please let us manage our professions from one toon. I can't count the number of times the game has locked up during relogging to the point I do my professions every so often.

Please make ALL items discardable - I have scrolls of life I really don't need but the only way to free up the inventory slot is by letting myself take damage then managing to use one before I reheal or die.

What is the issue with allowing all stacks to be 999 (or even 9999)?

edit
    Oh and another thing....when I disable arc defender, please make it disabled everywhere. FF clears my cookies when I close it, so anytime I want to post in the forums it's - log in - check email (sometimes wait and wait and give up) - enter pin - carry on.​​
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    I love feedback lists :D It really helps when passing it on to the team when I don't have to parse out the core info from walls of text.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    kiteares said:

I can't count the number of times the game has locked up during relogging

Indeed, for a game that entices you to re-log often (what else is the invoke bonus for on each and every toon?)
    the game is highly unstable in the re-loging process. PLEASE FIX THIS.
    Not to mention that all resources are not freed up and the game gets slower and slower.

Cryptic could
    * invocation on one toon makes invocation on all toons. This would still tie me to the game. There would even be 15 more minutes in which I can visit the ZEN store! In the 15 minutes I invoke I certainly am not going to buy any stuff. Time spent invoking is time I was unable to go to the ZEN store!
    * finally "have a look" at crafting (which they promised when they disabled the Gateway)
    * let me switch character as fast as loading a map does, faster if the character is on the same map. Really, this would not be too hard. I guess a toon has about 20k of data, having 50 toons would mean I need to have 1 MB of RAM available on my machine. That's not much. I don't know why it has to take a minute to log in a different toon. (other than bad programming)
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Quality list here (pun intended) :)

If even 50% of them were added, I'd be amazed.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,224 Arc User
    silence1x said:

Quality list here (pun intended) :)

If even 50% of them were added, I'd be amazed.

I will be amazed if they do 5% of them.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    since lately QOL updates = more or less 0%, I would assume any QOL updates would more or less = that mark.
  • Options
    mdimarziomdimarzio Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Excellent list, I'd like to add some if I may (apologies if they've already been suggested elsewhere!).

UI

1. To be able to move/resize buffs/debuffs in custom GUI
    2. Would love to be able to save custom GUI configurations, including different userbar/skill setups too :) And to hotkey those configurations so I can change them for different situations :)
    3. Being able to summon companions on a hotkey.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    mdimarzio said:

3. Being able to summon companions on a hotkey.

To quote one of the greatest minds of this young millennium:
    micky1p00 said:

You can use a bind to re-summon quickly [...]
    /bind key "GenSendMessage Pets_Summon_Unsummon_Button Activate"
    [...]

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Ah great thanks nameexpired :) I was having a look around the settings, will do a search for more commands.
  • Options
    mdimarzio said:

1. To be able to move/resize buffs/debuffs in custom GUI

A bit clunky but you can

/bind key "gensetearlyoverridefloat Statusself_Bufflist scale 1.2 $$ gensetearlyoverridefloat Statusself_Debufflist scale 1.2"

Where 1.2 is the scaling factor, putting 2 will make it twice it's default size, and 0.5 half, you can put whatever you want there.
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    From me:

879. Sort button for shared bank
    880. Sort button for personal bank
    881. Being able to choose in which one of the above inventories items are transferred.
    Double click from the bags into -> choose a shared or personal -> transfer. Hope that's clear enough.

Thanks
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    Thanks Micky, really appreciate that, I found the command list at Neverwinter Wiki but struggled to find an extensive in-depth list of parameters.
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    Remove the "Combatting Gold Spammers" that restricts new users from using chat, mail, auction house, friend requests, joining guilds, ad exchange, and trade windows until they've completed certain quests. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1222015/pc-combating-gold-spammers

This does nothing to combat gold spammers, and does everything to restrict new users to the point that they can't ask for help, lfg, join a guild, accept helpful items - nothing - right at the time that they need it the most. On top of it, the UI explanation doesn't really explain it clearly, and I've read from new users that it says to complete 5 quests (supposed to be 3 quest chains).

This is a horrible way to treat new players, and really needs to be removed asap.

• Options
    picar66picar66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    That is a great QoL list. Thanks for collecting this.

I miss the point to view other chars fully and remote.
    Like the character screen for current char, this windowtype should show other Players as well, with full skill tree, mounts and so on and always correct values of il, power, crit etc.

Sort Guild rooster by last online time in days would be great.

Make it possible to discard undiscardable things like mounts if double.
  • Options
    Added bank stuff, fey enchant auto pick up, enchant rp clear, guild roster sort, and more
  • Options
    dtay2dtay2 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Some items to add to the list:

Translations -
    Item links and admin broadcasts should show up in the language of the client viewing them, not the client sending them.

UI -
    Inspect player should not fill the stats window with all 0s
    Inspect companion should show the companion's items instead of blanks
    The queue group window needs a way to move people from group to group

Inventory -
    There should be a togglable option to put a Bind State Marker on each item displayed in the inventory, so you can see at a glance which you can trade.

Quests:
    Every quest in Elemental Evil should be sharable.
    Every quest armor piece dropped from elemental evil should be refinable.

Char display:
    Need an option to show/not show underwear under fashion and armor
    Fashion items should be transmutable to armor / legs / helm
    You should not need to take off your fashion item display to maintain regular gear
    Need to fix stowed weapons clipping for many classes
    Need to update armor sets that have only low-rez textures fro Sun Elf and Dwarf
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

All in all.. everything should either be bound to account, or unbound. Anything that is BTC.. is simply the harshest penalty.

Seals vendor is the worst culprit for this outside of RP. There's no reason for elven gear from protector's seals to be btc anymore. It just clogs up bags or means that you get a neverending rAD backlog on your main.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    You can remove fixed non range weapons for all classes from this list, since we have them now :)
  • Options
    And to add: " Alliance: Option to swap places without breaking the alliance and restructuring"
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

And to add: " Alliance: Option to swap places without breaking the alliance and restructuring"

We just restructured last night... what a colossal pain in the hamster that way.

And I +10000 the list. especially Guild management tools.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    Make Mod 10/10.5 treasures to be donated as frozen treasures to SH coffer.

Make Underdark currency to contribute to dark treasures.

Increase the Gems donations for every item by 100% (after the removal of gems from nodes you forgot to adjust the pricing in SH)

Remove SH Demonic HE's from the SH. They have no point being there. Unless you give us an extra quest like the other zones have to gain extra influence/voucher choice for doing 3 of them.