What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Updated System Requirements

124»

Comments

• Options
    booker224booker224 Member Posts: 1 Arc User

So, I guess I'll be forced to quit then, since my video card only supports up to DX10(which isn't even an option). I'm not about to needlessly pay several hundred dollars(being canadian, we pay 2+ times more than americans do for anything - even more so if having to ship something in from the states) for a new video card..All because this one publisher for this one game just up and decided, for no apparent logical reason, to shutdown support for DX9 in favour of DX11, of which for many, the game is virtually unplayable anyways, due to excessive buggery. And we all know how quickly bugs get dealt with here, *coughcoughbuggyUIsincereleaseaboutthreeyearsagocough*.

I have to wonder just how many others, for whatever reason, happen to be stuck on the same sinking boat.

Same here - another Canadian and I'll add that those who do not run Windows XP, tech or not, don't understand why we will never change. Guess what... our systems never get hacked, or have to deal with security issues because we usually are well protected with various software.

So to NWN I say bye bye.... a Free To Play PWE game is not worth the expense of a newer system.. I have played the supposed Flag Ship PWE game for 6 years - seen what they have done to it and know what will eventually come to this one as well....
  • Options
    coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    So what are the improvements exactly?
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    As of patch February 21st game will again only launch with either DX9 forced on or in safe mode, the latter only sometimes and means having to reset graphics. Given that the changes here take effect in less than a week, how about this very old bug gets fixed first?
    It's not a new one after all. It's been with the game since well forever and is related to DX11. As you're now forcing that on us and giving us no real viable workaround - safe mode doesn't always work after all - this is something that needs to be addressed and before the changes are implemented.
    @nitocris83
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    nytestryke71nytestryke71 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    dx11 has booted me no less than a dozen times today - thaks for that cryptic
  • Options
    gaidin#2096 gaidin Member Posts: 22 Arc User

O.o You're a lady?!

Yes, Kreatyve is a lady.

I hope they solve the problem with dx11 before forcing everyone to use it.
    I had to change to dx9 because the game always crash.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Many do. I'll make sure Julia sees these concerns as reverting to DX9 was a very common fix for people even if they were well above the minimum or recommended specs.

No promises but we can definitely make sure the Devs are aware that people are nervous due to DX9 being arguably more stable to many.

Please add my wife, my friend Nightfire, and myself to the list of those who have had to use DirectX 9 instead of 11 in order to avoid crashing/artifact issues. My wife and I both use Windows 7 64-bit Pro and have Radeon HIS IceQ X Radeon HD 6870 GPUs. Not sure of my buddy's specs, but his machine is far more currant and powerful than ours in every regard on Windows 10 (not sure of edition).

I pray your team has ensured that these issues are fixed prior to eliminating DX9 support.

Thanks.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

FYI cards which do not support Dx 11 are just about 7 years old. For a simple comparison new consoles come out every 8 years. It's time for a hardware upgrade at that point. Also, here is a list of DirectX 11 Games. As you get closer to the current date you will notice more and more games which drop Dx9 support and only support Dx11 and newer cards.

Sorry but if you have GPU's which are that old I wouldn't consider it "needless." It is time for an upgrade even if you use the console standard.

For about 150 dollars you can get the lowest Tier current generation GPU (GTX 1050 Ti or Radeon R9 380) which will be about 20% faster than the top tier card of the 2010 and about 120% faster than the entry level card of 2010.

If you want to discuss which computer hardware is worth it or whether or not it will fit in the case you own then feel free to send me a PM.

Pffft. I went out and bought a new laptop a couple months ago. (Not because of the game upgrade, just because my battery died, & they wanted more for a replacement battery than I spent on a new "puter :/) After the last update, when the mod dropped, I have gotten a notification that my graphics driver is out of date & the game may not work. LOL
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    We are a few days away from the changes.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    reign#6213 reign Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    not sure how so many people can play with such terrible graphics card? even I accepted the fact that I had to upgrade. Got me a GTX 1050 and play on MAX settings huge difference to before running a crappy Radion that came with the computer. I guess some people don't want to upgrade or can't afford to.
  • Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    So on march 1 will there be a download for this? is it only Windows 10 compatible or can i use windows 8.1?
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

not sure how so many people can play with such terrible graphics card? even I accepted the fact that I had to upgrade. Got me a GTX 1050 and play on MAX settings huge difference to before running a crappy Radion that came with the computer. I guess some people don't want to upgrade or can't afford to.

I will continue to get by with an ancient Radeon 5700. Right now, I don't have £100-150 to waste/spend on something as unimportant as a new graphics card.

• Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    solbergx said:

So on march 1 will there be a download for this? is it only Windows 10 compatible or can i use windows 8.1?

Windows 8.1 will continue to work. Windows XP will no longer be supported.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
This discussion has been closed.