test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Little Question About Foundry

luvmoreluvmore Member Posts: 5 Arc User
<3 Hello all.

I've stopped playing Newerwinter about 2 years ago because my computer was dead.
Now i'm back, and i have this great scenario that i want to create on foundry.
Editor is still available, but when i open it there are no tools at all, i can't choose items, maps, nothing...
I've read some articles about it, still couldn't completely understand the situation.
What's wrong with the Foundry?
Should i buy something like a pack or is it gone for good?

Thanks a lot!
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    It's in a post Module release republish phase thus far. We haven't received an ETA on when the editor will be back up or whatever is causing the lack of assets. There isn't anything incredibly new beyond a few hairstyles and stances from recent modules, the assets top out at Tyranny of Dragons/Rise of Tiamat. Clothing choices remain unchanged, there's still only through Sharandar available, no ranger or warlock items. So, you haven't missed much in terms of updates Foundry wise...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    The Foundry currently isn't full operational, as @iandarksword detailed above. Basically just in a holding pattern until they announce something new...

@nitocris83 any chance we could get some 411 on this situation? :)
    luvmore said:

Thanks a lot!

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    wolfshade#5521 wolfshade Member Posts: 1 New User
    <3 Yeah Hi I'm new to the game and REALLY wanted to use The Foundry, It was initially down none of the Job boards worked at all, but they're functional now so I thought the Editor might be as well. Is it? I'm a total noob but have been looking at tons of tutorials and can't get into creating a new map no Items or Walls load up...

Am I doing something super Wrong? Or is it still on the fritz?? Thank you!
  • Options
    vandignescavandignesca Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    The foundry is still down, it is not just you. Hopefully, it is up by the holiday break.
    Love yourself, and focus on the rest of the madness of life later.
  • Options
    lisya23lisya23 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Oh good, it's not just me not able to do anything Foundry-wise. >.<
  • Options
    simplyshawnsimplyshawn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    I'm really bummed... being able to build stuff for me and my friends to play was big reason I decided to play Neverwinter... I guess I missed that ship haha. It's a fun game, I've been playing for about a week, but I was really looking forward to using the foundry. Loaded it up tonight though and... I can make quests that take place in the normal game, but I can't create any "quest specific" maps or items. Really limits what we can do.
    "Just my thoughts I suppose."

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• Options
    lisya23lisya23 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    btw, I submitted a ticket about it, and the reply was first to contact the player whose content it was... no, I need help with the CREATION tools. Second reply, "we cannot offer any assistance on The Foundry." Right now, it is totally unusable, there are no resources loading, and apparently this company doesn't care. Sad.
  • Options
    rancidmojo#7824 rancidmojo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    lisya23 said:

btw, I submitted a ticket about it, and the reply was first to contact the player whose content it was... no, I need help with the CREATION tools. Second reply, "we cannot offer any assistance on The Foundry." Right now, it is totally unusable, there are no resources loading, and apparently this company doesn't care. Sad.

I have to agree. The Foundry is my favorite part of this game, to be honest. I check every few days to see if it is back up, but so far, nada. It would be nice if the powers that be would at least give us an update or let us know if they even plan on making the foundry usable again.

• Options
    melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    I would recommend you try and keep your expectations low. Two different head developers, includling MimicKing, have made it clear they do not feel that the foundry is worth their resources. So far they have at least returned it to its current state but in the most notable case it took months before that happened. That delay came with Strumslinger as the CM and he was a vocal supporter of the foundry. I haven't heard enough from nitocris83 to know her feelings on it.

I wish I had better advice I could give.

Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    If they weren't happy with the foundry content then they should have worked on encouraging the kind of creator community they wanted - not scrap it all. That's lazy... :-/
    Post edited by simplyshawn on

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• Options
    edited December 2016
    -
    Post edited by simplyshawn on

[Work in Progress]