test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When will be PVP guild tricks penalized or is the legit/solo player always the loser

matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
Hi all, dear Mods and Devs!

@strumslinger, @nitocris83 , @bbascomdev

I love the game, love to PVP, but what the PVP guilds mostly do in this game and how the publisher tolerates and sometimes even endorses this is a shame.

I know PVP is mostly a standard in current games and the publishers like to keep it and as i said endorse some players with perks or otherwise just to lure in the youth and this is mainly the reason behind the silence, BUT none the less something needs to happen!

We beg now since ages for PVP fix and here was the best thing ever could happen to us legit players, the SOLO Q, but sadly the metrics gathering brigade only allows us a few weeks of enjoyment each year. Yet again nobody needs to be a genius to know, this is an internal battle, who to please, the mostly unfair playing but big spender PVP guilds, who are btw like a placard in a soccer match, they are advertisement tools or the mostly fair, but not so rich legit crowd.

Yeah i work in the business too, i know how things go.

Take a look at the picture bellow and let's please see some improved communication! You, Cryptic/PWE are always talking about it, so now is the time to act and let the words follow actions.

This is unbearable, when 1 out of 10 times a legit, solo player like me has a chance to win, then the PVP guilds stop fighting each other, cause hey we are friends, we are guildies, we are alliance and what other nonsense there is out there.

Enjoy this theater:

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
David Icke

Comments

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I hate when this happens...
    I have mobility 13000 though so I will gladly troll them to death by running from node to node aND killing the slower weaker ones

It's a terrible thing to have everyone just stop playing.. mid pvp match
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @xsayajinx1

Hi mate!

I have to say it's like with medication, this is kinda a side effect of alliances, many don't want to fight each other, but there has to be something to prevent this.

You see i had the opportunity when visiting in England to go to a Manchester United match, guess what if 8 out of 10 players (in my case) would have just sat there and not played soccer. You know how passionate the English people are about their soccer, if they saw the match was fixed (like in my case 13 matches(!) out of 19 lately) then all the players and managers of the respective teams would have to flee, cause the fans would want to tear them apart and they could forget about salary, they would be lucky the escape without losing all their teeth.

I grew up in a military/diplomat family so i would say punishment if one doesn't do his job, like in our case fight his alliance mates and ruins the match for others and this in succession. I could come up with no AD for standing around, to no glory, to implement spectator view so they would get shamed in front of the community up to small bans for fixing matches, like in RL. Especially the shaming would do wonders, i say this out of military experience, it works 100%, trust me. I don't have to invent the wheel, the military traditions are clear how such cases are handled, most of the times the fellow soldiers beat up their comrades if they have to clean the latrine with a toothbrush, cause one or more were lazy.

I know what you say Sayan, i had a very good ranking spot, was Nr.3 on my no boons (small guild) TR for a good while and guess what, now i am at the very bottom and not my fault, my board is full of 0-0 matches. I may say i have the best stats with the worst position in the game with my mediocre geared TR. I got tons of "love mails" from so called pros, who said all lovely things to me and harassed me out of the arena for a while. I know that, all part of PVP sadly...
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options

"I could come up with no AD for standing around, to no glory, to implement spectator view so they would get shamed in front of the community up to small bans for fixing matches, like in RL. Especially the shaming would do wonders, i say this out of military experience, it works 100%, trust me." -mattthiasthehun76

All in all very good points, implementing it is the hard part, as we all know our devs.

I trust you even 1000% because I am working for the same organisation your family comes from ;)

Nice bro! B)

Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    IF they are friends( the worst excuse ever) they can make a premade team. Maybe it will sound bad but even when a guild member trying to gear up( get pvp gear) is still my enemy and i will play normal. IN our guild we go as premades also with poeple trying to get their gear. PRemade is not only form the best team to win but also to help guildies to get the gear.

PEnalty also for those see a guild name and start comments i do not go down.
  • Options
    kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    In my experience unfortunately it creates major drama for the officers targetting guidies and weaker alliance members even tho i want to kill them all : D

I think more of the problem is the vote kicking of the weaker team members hoping for a better replacement
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I may not have personally seen this happen much but this does sound annoying. I'm primarily PVP myself and can't remember seeing many matches where a team that is winning or keeping pace chooses to stop fighting and let the other team win instead. Normally, I only see a gg called and a team quit mid match if they are hopelessly outmatched and losing.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    PvP issues only come from gear gap, i thought you knew it.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Тhe pvp guilds made the bed, now we are all lying in it
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I am at the point, that i can say this PVP community is like the JFK conspiration and without a proper strong hand like a Field Marshal would have, not even solo can save this, it's rotten to the core.

In today's match i was asked to lay down my weapons so the respecting teams, mine and the opposing one could play solo within Dom and let's forget the match. We, other players were degraded to simple puppets, meh...

If i was in funny mood, i could say why are premades and some PVP guilds so against solo if they make solo within a 5v5?

@mimicking#6533 please care to comment, what are your plans with PVP and the deep corruption within?

My question would be dear Sir, is PVP for all of us or just for a select few?

Take a look and "enjoy", it literally speaks for itself:

Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    @matthiasthehun76 its is clear from the chat txt that you are the one provoking here and you are part of this "rotting problem "
  • Options
    emilemo said:

Тhe pvp guilds made the bed, now we are all lying in it

cryptic made the bed and the framework not pvp guilds
  • Options
    indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    All this talk about "fair play" in PvP and no ones concerned with the 300 RAD and 200 glory u get for winning a match. I guess its a fitting reward.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    kalina311 said:

@matthiasthehun76 its is clear from the chat txt that you are the one provoking here and you are part of this "rotting problem "

@kalina311 although English isn't my native language i still know the difference between offender and offended, not i started the PM chat and not i started standing around and playing a procession man, but i was forced into that role by the surrounding "team mates" and opponents.

I was a lawyer btw, so thank you i am quite good at analyzing words and actions and you may ask your guildie Sayan-, since we share the same family background, - to enlighten you, who is considered the aggressor in this case.

To make it sound simple, not i did write that PM and asked everybody to stand down, but i was the recipient and i was forced into a dummy role.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

• Options
    goodyearbaddaygoodyearbadday Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

I was looking for some pvp guild gimmicks but found nothing and leaves disappointed :disappointed:

If you define gimmick as a trick, I think signing up for PvP & not fighting t be a particularly nasty one :/

• Options
    crowdsourced#3904 crowdsourced Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    There are no fitting rewards. Nobody cares about a few thousand rough diamonds when it costs several million diamonds to be fully geared. The leaderboard is broken so people just worry about certain stats (like deaths). The gear imbalance is drastic that it is clear who wins within the first 3 minutes.
  • Options
    People who only care about "winning" in PvP make me laugh.
    As if there were PvP rewards good enough to justify such behaviours.
    People should just join PvP for the fun of a fight, who cares who wins and who loses. When i meet my guildies on an opposite team, we always fight each others, sometimes even focusing each others, just for the fun of the fight.
    Players who only care about kills, or wins, or who just "don't fight guild mates/ allies" if they are in the opposite team, should not join PvP in the first place.
    And if you're a competitive PvPer you should obviously try to win, but also look for hard fights first. And fight to the finish.

Being in a one-sided match where there's no fight is much worse than just "losing", in my opinion.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    pando83 said:

People should just join PvP for the fun of a fight, who cares who wins and who loses. When i meet my guildies on an opposite team, we always fight each others, sometimes even focusing each others, just for the fun of the fight.
    Players who only care about kills, or wins, or who just "don't fight guild mates/ allies" if they are in the opposite team, should not join PvP in the first place.
    And if you're a competitive PvPer you should obviously try to win, but also look for hard fights first. And fight to the finish.

Being in a one-sided match where there's no fight is much worse than just "losing", in my opinion.

What about people who find the single 1.5 item level guy on the opposing team and focus them relentlessly till the end of the match? Just like a certain 4k eoa tr on my party did last night to an obviously new to pvp dude. Guess he falls in the "people who only care about kills" bracket and should not join PVP at all right? Along with half his guild. Good riddance too
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    drewhayesdrewhayes Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    emilemo said:

pando83 said:

What about people who find the single 1.5 item level guy on the opposing team and focus them relentlessly till the end of the match? Just like a certain 4k eoa tr on my party did last night to an obviously new to pvp dude. Guess he falls in the "people who only care about kills" bracket and should not join PVP at all right? Along with half his guild. Good riddance too
    So it's okay for your 3k - 4k IL's to pound my 2.5 IL into the ground.... but when I go after the newb your team is carrying thru to BIS, I'm the Hamster?

• Options
    edited January 2017
    emilemo said:

I know a certain stomper who would say he was a "smart player" ahahahaha XD
    You can't help it. That's how some guys play PvP. Stomp in game, troll on forums.

The issue is that PvP should be just a game mode where everyone can have fun, but game design/ developers choices and PvP guilds kept pushing it in another direction (competitive game mode).
    For the devs, it's a way to push players to pay.
    But in my opinion, PvP should be casual, for everyone, with an option for PvP guilds to have their own premade queue where they can kill each others "competitively".
    Sadly, you can't fix people's heads.
    Post edited by ambisinisterr on
  • Options
    edited January 2017

I see the hatred against big PvP guilds come up more frequently again.

Guess we need another solo Q week to cool down again, eh?

Though I think there are a lot of unpleasant/unskilled people in PVP guilds who are only successful due to the fact that there is no competition in the game and gear differences are too big of a factor, I'm not bothered by them and I think Cryptic should be responsible for fixing matchmaking and gear imbalances.

Most PVP guilds already give the courtesy of letting the pugs get 600 points and stop fighting once "GG" is called.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    metalldjt said:

WHEN WILL BE PVP GUILD TRICKS PENALIZED OR IS THE LEGIT/SOLO PLAYER ALWAYS THE LOSER

when i read stuff like this, it just leaves me speechless... so i walk away.

A few days ago i was PvPing with my 2.6k HR alt (stopped playing PvP with main because at a certain level you either stomp or stall the enemy). My team wins. I get on the only contested node and fight 3v2 against a 4.3k GF you might know and an OP. I get focused by the GF, fights off for a good minute dodging and attacking, end up getting killed. No biggie. I get back on point since i could help my mates kill the OP and get the GF HP low, and start fighting again. He tries to focus me again but in the end he...runs away from the node and shoots his water wheel. No real reason except he didn't want to "get killed". Later, on forums, a guildie of the GF writes he was right because it was better to run than to "get killed by a 2.6k scrub" (exact words, as if other players were some kind of inferior life form).
    So, in the end, one player fights to help team mates, does his best to overcome gear gap and just gets back to fighting, even at much lower gear level.
    The PvP guild 4.3k guy, instead, cares about "not getting killed" by "commoners" and runs like a coward when the fight gets hard and he might get killed.
    After that, players usually get trolled, both in game or on forums.

You might agree that such behaviour can be largely found in competitive PvP guilds (expecially the way they consider themselves some kind of elite, and treat other players who just play PvP for fun as some kind of inferior beings). Obviously not all PvP players from such guilds are like that. Many are good players. But the fact that many less likeable players join PvP guilds, over time gave them a pretty bad reputation.

This is what leaves me "speechless".
    But i do agree that it's also wrong to just assume that bad PvP behaviours come from PvP guilds only. It's also the game that "encourages" such behaviours, or at least, does nothing to stop them.
    Post edited by ambisinisterr on
  • Options
    If it was a premade vs premade match, I'm sure that the GF will fight to protect his node