test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crushing Pin + Frost Weapon Enchant: Does it work?

todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
Hello, fellow GFs. I'm a returning player with a small question. Does Crushing Pin proc with the Frost Weapon Enchant's effects?

Thanks in advance for any and all help regarding this!

Comments

• zekehubriszekehubris Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    I don't know the answer, but if it does work I'm going to need to do a respec :-)
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Despite the logical assumption based on it's name, Recovery reduction is a debuff not a control power.

Crushing Pin is triggered by stun, slow, prone and push.

An example of a reliable CPin trigger:
    Guarded Assault artifact off-hand power + KV
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Despite the logical assumption based on it's name, Recovery reduction is a debuff not a control power.

Also included are things like:

Griffon's Wrath
    Bull Charge
    Crescendo
    Frontline Surge
    Knee Breaker

etc.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Frost enchant disables mobs for 4 seconds, independently of the slow that does not work (or was incorrectly applied to Frostburn armor enchant). So it does have a functioning PvE control effect, but I don't know the answer to the OP's question. (Hi, formerly-known-as-Banelorne, nice to see you.)

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    @beckylunatic
    I stand corrected. Was looking at the old tool tip for regular which only mentions the recovery.

By the way, @todesfaelle , welcome back!
    Your "IronMaiden" build was an important foundation for the Bowser IV and other "redundant reflection " builds.

Thanks for your contributions to the game.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • speedokillzspeedokillz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Crushing Pin - Your control powers cause the target to take 2/4/6/8/10% bonus damage for 3 seconds.

Would an Enchantment be consider one of "your powers?"
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2016

I stand corrected. Was looking at the old tool tip for regular which only mentions the recovery.

It's actually had the disable since forever, but undocumented. This is a rare example of a tooltip fix looking like a buff.

Crushing Pin - Your control powers cause the target to take 2/4/6/8/10% bonus damage for 3 seconds.

Would an Enchantment be consider one of "your powers?"

That's the origin of the question. Does it mean something you've actually had to place power points in to use, or simply "effect originating from you". Some feats even don't recognize all power-point-assigned powers that do a thing as doing that thing, which is why the only way to know for sure is to test each independently.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • speedokillzspeedokillz Member Posts: 105 Arc User

Does it mean something you've actually had to place power points in to use

My thoughts are YES. You place a power point in Guarded Assault and activate your GA offhand power and you gain the Crushing Pin buff....

• todesfaelletodesfaelle Member Posts: 1,370 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for the clarification and the advice on using the GF off-hand with the Crushing Pin feat. I'm reluctant to exchange my current off-hand feature at the moment, but I just LOVE the idea of having a control component to my blocks as well as a debuff with it.

And thanks as well, @dread4moor and @beckylunatic. Happy to be back, and I'm glad to see you guys are still playing. I believe I'll be concentrating on my GF this time around instead of my TR. Seems the TR will be getting the balance pass on the next mod. Need to wait and see if Cryptic will make or break the TR class after which.

Now that there are things that are actually worth tanking in the game, I'm stoked to try possible tank builds for the GF, and possibly revive the Iron Maiden. I was reluctant to post the Tactician Variant of the build back then in respect for Malekhai's guide, but this time I will probably make build concepts for all 3 paths.
  • sulajplsulajpl Member Posts: 77 Arc User

If I can ask for something, does that mean that I can use Guarded Assault as my active, combined w/ off-hand artifact power and KV and CPin WILL trigger from time to time on targets that are actually attack me?
    If yes, that'd be a huge advantage for me because I'm going to use no control encounter and dailypowers on my upcoming GF-Tact alt and so that should make my tact really supportive.
    Thanks in advance for an answer!

edited December 2016
    GA + KV + GA artifact power applies slow to enemies who hit you AND your teammates. It paints the whole mob pile with CC.

Crushing pin for everyone.

Edit: Hit you or your teammates while your shield is raised, of course.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • sulajplsulajpl Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    @dread4moor thanks! It actually puts a tact into a new lvl of support. KV generates AP (capstone) like so cause to enable pin <3 I can then use Fray and (Supreme) Commander's strike on my encounters, and VM + FR on my dailies so I take full advantage of this spec! :blush: