test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anomolous healing numbers on a Prot OP

rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
Hey folks-

I've been messing around with different builds on my Prot OP since the changes to BO and Absolution. I've tried out Cleansing Touch as well. Anyhoo, yesterday I was running with Divine Touch, Cleansing Touch and Burning Light and I had some eye-popping heals going off in Sharandar and other places. I was seeing 126K heals on a Prot OP,and I don't think they were coming from Cleansing Touch (I only have 2 ranks in that power). They seemed to come from Divine Touch as far as I could tell. Any thoughts on how that could happen? The only thing I could venture a guess is that I procced a 3x lifesteal from Endless Consumption, but that number is well over the 3x damage DT would trigger. Also, if my lifesteal is throwing up green numbers like that, is it being counted as a heal? (Does lifesteal toss out green numbers?)

Thanks for any clarification.

Fat E

Comments

• jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    Life steal does toss out green numbers its a form of healing.
    I too doubt rank 2 Cleansing touch were able to heal 126k maybe unless you are very well geared
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Lifesteal heals for 100% of your health per proc - your HP wouldn't be 126k by any chance?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Lifesteal heals for 100% of your health per proc - your HP wouldn't be 126k by any chance?

Nope. My health was ~117K, actually less since I was in Sharandar. I thought lifesteal stole the amount of damage you did rather than 100% of your health; I think that is the case since I see (saw) some small green numbers pop up when I was running Purifying Fire.

Anyhoo...I switched out Prism for Purifying Fire and dropped Endless Consumption for Burning Guidance. I no longer see those eye-popping heals. Still get decent heals, but nothing like the 100+K heals I was seeing. My guess is that I saw Endless Consumption proccing (which happened a surprising amount). I assume (perhaps incorrectly) is that it was taking the total damage from Divine Touch x3 when Endless Consumption procced. Since I am a Prot OP, it doesn't heal on a regular basis.

Too bad Burning Guidance isn't procced by Lifesteal (it isn't, correct?).

One thing I learned yesterday on the forums is that there is no cap on temp HP...didn't know that--and it creates some interesting concepts for playstyles and powers going forward; does anyone know if you can still lifesteal if your HP are full and you have a ton of temp HP?

Thanks

Fat E
  • jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    armadeonx said:

No, Lifesteal heals for the hit it procs on times your Lifesteal Severity. If you hit for 100, and your severity is 125%, you'll heal yourself for 125.

Anyway, I've seen obscene numbers from Lifesteal. Chances are it was a Endless Consumption proc. What is your Lifesteal Severity at?
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
    jaegernl said:

armadeonx said:

No, Lifesteal heals for the hit it procs on times your Lifesteal Severity. If you hit for 100, and your severity is 125%, you'll heal yourself for 125.

Anyway, I've seen obscene numbers from Lifesteal. Chances are it was a Endless Consumption proc. What is your Lifesteal Severity at?
    I'm at work so I can't check, but it is over 100%; the Endless Consumption is what was giving me the big numbers, I'm sure. Does anyone know if Lifesteal procs Burning Guidance and/or Prism? Along those lines, can Burning Guidance and/or Prism proc if you have a full red bar of HP? If not, I probably should of stuck with Endless Consumption and Purifying Fire.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    rubytrue said:

jaegernl said:

armadeonx said:

I'm at work so I can't check, but it is over 100%; the Endless Consumption is what was giving me the big numbers, I'm sure. Does anyone know if Lifesteal procs Burning Guidance and/or Prism? Along those lines, can Burning Guidance and/or Prism proc if you have a full red bar of HP? If not, I probably should of stuck with Endless Consumption and Purifying Fire.
    Prism only activates when you use one of your dailies. Burning Guidance should only proc when you attempt to heal others, so as a prot pally it should work when you either actively heal someone else (self heals like lifesteal shouldn't proc it) or if prism activates when you hit said daily. For healadins, I've seen Burning Guidance proc whenever I have Bond of Virtue active or use Burning Light and I'm either with a group or one of my companions. Full red bar of HP doesn't matter.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac

rubytrue said:

jaegernl said:

armadeonx said:

Prism only activates when you use one of your dailies. Burning Guidance should only proc when you attempt to heal others, so as a prot pally it should work when you either actively heal someone else (self heals like lifesteal shouldn't proc it) or if prism activates when you hit said daily. For healadins, I've seen Burning Guidance proc whenever I have Bond of Virtue active or use Burning Light and I'm either with a group or one of my companions. Full red bar of HP doesn't matter.
    Nice. So it isn't a complete waste then; I was worried that a full HP bar would keep it from proccing on a regular basis.

Interesting...I was looking at my logs tonight, and it looks like my lifesteal not only procced Prism, but it seemed to proc Burning Guidance as well, although Burning Guidance may of been procced by Beacon of Hope (should be Bacon of Hope...mmmmm, Bacon). What I do know is that I would hit a daily, attack, and then Prism would start flying all over the place while I was getting green numbers from lifesteal. Of course, that daily would also trigger Bacon, sweet, delicious Bacon, so I don't know which mechanic was throwing up those Burning Guidance numbers.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Fat E
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    jaegernl said:

armadeonx said:

yes you're right, pardon my moment of stupidity lol (pre-coffee post).
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    rubytrue said:

Interesting...I was looking at my logs tonight, and it looks like my lifesteal not only procced Prism, but it seemed to proc Burning Guidance as well, although Burning Guidance may of been procced by Beacon of Hope (should be Bacon of Hope...mmmmm, Bacon). What I do know is that I would hit a daily, attack, and then Prism would start flying all over the place while I was getting green numbers from lifesteal. Of course, that daily would also trigger Bacon, sweet, delicious Bacon, so I don't know which mechanic was throwing up those Burning Guidance numbers.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Fat E
    E,

Well Beacon could be proc it as well since its healing allies, though it might be redundant since they could be healed via Prism. Based on what you said, that you pop the daily first, its going to trigger both feats to activate. Since Prism is contigent on you being healed before your allies also benefit, it might be proccing off of Beacon. Not sure. I would ask Senpais Fabricant and Jaegernl if they have anything definative. *Bows deeply at mention of the masters' names* :p
    ~Shia~

Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    BL also provides increased healing while it pulses ( sry if it was mentioned already)
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • critshot1234#3954 critshot1234 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Are you sure its not the NPCs in sharandar that heal the other NPCs? You can visually see the green number of enemies been healed and they heal 100% of the health bar... maybe what you are seeing.
    Mr Doofa [PS4]
    4,300 Tankadin

Are you sure its not the NPCs in sharandar that heal the other NPCs? You can visually see the green number of enemies been healed and they heal 100% of the health bar... maybe what you are seeing.

If you're referring to the Redcap Witherers, I've NEVER seen their numbers pop up when they heal another foe. All you see is the health bar of whatever baddie they're aiming at pop back to full health. Any other NPC (read the elves) have never exhibited a healing mechanic for others. Least...not that I've seen.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • critshot1234#3954 critshot1234 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2016

If you're referring to the Redcap Witherers, I've NEVER seen their numbers pop up when they heal another foe. All you see is the health bar of whatever baddie they're aiming at pop back to full health. Any other NPC (read the elves) have never exhibited a healing mechanic for others. Least...not that I've seen.
    I see enemies been healed all the time for example in FBI if your group whipes on the adds inbetween bosses they will just sit there with half health or what not and getting a heal over time whiles not in combat.. I have enabled a setting to always show health bars etc maybe that is why i see it? I'm away from neverwinter at the moment so cannot remember the specific settings but i most certainly see heals from NPCs.

On a side note I do not see the giants heal numbers in FBI if they are in the heal circles so I don't know its weird.

If you'd like when i get home in a few hours I'll take a picture of the npcs in sharandar getting healed with the heal number above its head
    Mr Doofa [PS4]
    4,300 Tankadin
  • kamoshun#0894 kamoshun Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    hi everyone, im pretty new to the whole forum thing so i apologize in advance. I run protection OP and i have a setup with boons along with burning guidance that allows me to heal quite a bit using my dailies especially when my team is about to die i can get everyone's health back up. I see huge green numbers such as 20k 60k and sometimes a little over in a matter of seconds. its actually really great.
  • kamoshun#0894 kamoshun Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I apologize i use beacon of hope hahaha.