test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A lot of people I know quit the game

reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
My friends and family quit the game because they feel mod 10 is too much grinding. I myself have not logged in for 1 month. Are the devs going to change things to make the game more compact and innovative in the future?

Comments

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Their metrics show how fun their game is.

That has been the only actual response we got back.

• Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i havent played much, already burnout
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited November 2016

I am sure if your salary and bonus depended on it you would find a way to come up with reliable metrics that show to the management how great NW is doing and that all players love it.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Maybe Fishing lovers are Whales (lol)
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    Trust me, pve players think this is all garbage as well.

This isnt a mmo content and they should be really embarrassed and ashamed for releasing it. No one that worked on a project that centers around fishing in a mmo, should be working in this industry.

I actually feel pity for them, that this is the best design they could come up with, in all of my years as a mmo player, forcing poeple to grind/gate via fishign and hes, is the most horrific design Ive seen.

• Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User

This isnt a mmo content and they should be really embarrassed and ashamed for releasing it. No one that worked on a project that centers around fishing in a mmo, should be working in this industry.

True dat.
    Though I like the treasure hunting, it is totally controversial to MMO.
    You can not even share the map to go on a treasure hunt together. It's total single player only.
    Having to leave the game (=go to the forum, reddit or shivtr) to share a map and discuss it's whereabouts is terrible design for an MMO.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

I actually feel pity for them, that this is the best design they could come up with, in all of my years as a mmo player, forcing poeple to grind/gate via fishign and hes, is the most horrific design Ive seen.

I have read on MMO blogs that World of Fishing is a top rated MMO at this time. That might be what started this. Funny that Heroic/Fantasy would have to have this element, though. Unlikely that players in it would be big on a Fishing Mod.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,289 Arc User

I have read on MMO blogs that World of Fishing is a top rated MMO at this time. That might be what started this. Funny that Heroic/Fantasy would have to have this element, though. Unlikely that players in it would be big on a Fishing Mod.
    I guess we need to wait for World of Fishing to have D&D element before we can get some Dungeons.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    While I agree that mod 10 and 10.5 are too grindy and came up with too complicated ideas (chests inside a chest to get loot, 150 new items to deal with, excessively complicated restoration process for new weapons, and so on), I don't think friendlists are a reliable way to gauge the overall health of the game. People come and leave, in F2Ps, that's expected, as the game does everything it can do to make BiS players quit as they're just unneeded server load and can't make any profit. Your friendlist should be treated as a constant work in progress. You need to be hunting for valuable new additions all the time, or the way F2Ps work will inevitably lead it to become a ghost town, no matter how good or bad the game is doing.

That being said, the grind is clearly over the top and I can't take more myself. I have arranged my own schedule around playing NW much less these days, because I refuse to grind that much.
  • Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    hudman21 said:

Remember these?

removed[1] Lair of the Mad Dragon Helm's Hold
    removed[1] Throne of Idris Ebon Downs
    removed[1] Spellplague Caverns The Chasm
    removed[1] The Dread Vault Whispering Caverns
    removed[1] Fardelver's Crypt Gauntlgrym
    removed[1] Dwarf King Crypt Gauntlgrym

I want my Neverwinter back !!

You made me cry sir.

Old dungeons (including FH, PK and CN) where so much fun to run with friends and guildies, then someone decided they will remove them, I mean really....REMOVE content from a game instead of adding and upgrading (loot tables, more dungeons + skirmishes) !?!?!?!

I too would like to see the old Neverwinter back! :(
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I think our only hope to get our old NW back is for another company to take it off PWE's hands coz clearly they are running this abysmal show and not Cryptic, despite what some of the mods want you to believe.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    blu3armyblu3army Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    I don`t want to sound nostalgic too much but yes, there were times where we actually was waiting eagerly that Dungeon delve hour, starting dungeons geting teams together, having that feel of acomplishment when we wait for the greed rool, and regardles who won the roll we still had so much fun and enjoy running old content....Split loot run or not, we had fun in TS coordinating attacks, pulls and all old players can remember.
    Now i know that form of fun and playing will never come back, it will but in some other form, but we need it, the community was never more connected while DD was running GG and all other things, it sadensess me what you did to this once wonderfull game, this is from a beta player point of view, it was taken from us, and like i said many times somewhere in between they lost their compass, if they even had one to begin with...
    Don`t even get me started how many good people and friends left the game, because they just could not cope with it.

From my POV as OP GWF maxed out to the boon, you gave and still giving us all this power, with nothing to do with it....

Gl on making things better but i`m loosing my hope slowly,

Unforgiven GWF THC
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    They removed CN, too. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it does not change the fact, that they reused a part of the old maps from CN and thats it. If I would reuse some bricks from a villa to build a shack, it would still be a shack.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    As long as players give them money for hes and fishing , why do anything different.

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I'd like to see the metrics for total income (by month & year on year) and player retention. I bet they'd give perspective on the number of players grinding a zone.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Player vs Fish. What's wrong with people!? Did they get brainwashed to love fishing and HEs so they DEVs don't have to worry about bringing back dungeons?
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User

I am sure if your salary and bonus depended on it you would find a way to come up with reliable metrics that show to the management how great NW is doing and that all players love it.
    Khhm may i present you my sig Nr. 2 and the quote from W. Churchill, i think it sums it up. He sure knew a lot about it, cause he faked a lot of things, but that's history.

Yes, my friend list is dead too, 140+ people were once on it, now barely a handful, at event times and weekends maybe 10, maybe.

I always preach, learn history folks, cause it always repeats itself.

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User

Khhm may i present you my sig Nr. 2 and the quote from W. Churchill, i think it sums it up. He sure knew a lot about it, cause he faked a lot of things, but that's history.

Yes, my friend list is dead too, 140+ people were once on it, now barely a handful, at event times and weekends maybe 10, maybe.

I always preach, learn history folks, cause it always repeats itself.

Does this mean we will soon see a giant influx of players and things... you know history repeats itself right?

I do not even bother with a friends list anymore, I have a few places I hang around. I log in and grind out something logging out knowing full well i hardly made a dent in the grindfest. Log in the next day, repeat, rinse, skip a few days..... remember i lost some keys and log in to start all over. The keys are barely worth the bother anymore either. As someone posted a comment I read some time ago went something like this

'I will play as long as I have some time to kill that refuses to die in any other way'

That about sums up my play time. Heck I dont even bother to invoke on all my alts anymore. 4 hours to invoke is about all i can bother grinding the same thing over and over before i realize I am no longer having fun. For now I have fish to catch and my lugworms look like they are a bit on the dry side...............
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I think cryptic has a crisis on their hands now. If past release pattern holds true going forward, the next release is five months away. Any one who can do FBI/AoS but isn't due to the entry requirements is probably going to stop playing soon (how many times can one run eToS and CN) and do something else. If they find something, they probably will not be coming back.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Just, after a colossal grind, got everything bar the lanolin to restore my main hand. Now facing a lotta loops in lonelywood. Really not looking forward to doing it all again for my offhand. All I can say is, the new skirm better be hamsterizingly amazing.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    winter festival fishing is much more simple because it runs by timed events, Sea of Frozen is lot harder and i still doesnt understand how to pull a fish, even i hold some keys to keep reeling in.
    i think there is so much problems. i tried.
  • Options
    bigredbrentbigredbrent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    The developers really need to take notice of this!

People are sick to death of dailies and want end game dungeons to have fun with. If they start by just bringing back epic versions of the old dungeons with loot that is worth getting, that would be a start. If they continue to make more daily quests, then they will very quickly kill this game...

I have my suspicions that people are sick of heroic encounters too.

And the way fishing was implemented as a requirement for a campaign instead of just something extra that is fun and rewarding to do, I am guessing a lot of people are not too pleased with that either.

This is getting extremely serious, and if the developers do not start making this game actually FUN again, this game is headed for disaster!