test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How many weapon/weapon enchantments you got on your DC & Why?

jeffsliderjeffslider Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 112 Arc User
I've been wondering about the general DC community when it comes to weapon enchantments, I know DC's that has just the one (Maybe not the best option) but they solely like it because of how it looks/matches with their 'fashion', I know a few that actually has all transcendent weapon enchantments & just wanted them as to have a 'collection' of sorts. So my question for the DC's is exactly, how many weapon enchantments do you have on your DC specifically, what are they & why do you have that one/multiple ones.
Tagged:

Comments

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Well, I have a few weapon enchantments. My DC is not BiS (It is 3.1k as I was planning on running fbi on it) but I was using a trans dread on it. It isn't the best choice, because dps classes use dread, I would rather put frost or PF on it. But that would involve opening the bank on my CW, taking out the enchantment, move it to dc, switch enchantments, move dread to CW bank and I am too lazy to do that (I know, it is terrible.) Also, dread makes doing DC dailies easier.
  • jeffsliderjeffslider Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 112 Arc User

But that would involve opening the bank on my CW, taking out the enchantment, move it to dc, switch enchantments, move dread to CW bank and I am too lazy to do that (I know, it is terrible.) Also, dread makes doing DC dailies easier.

I can def relate to that lazy part lmao. Cool man. I got the two at this time, Frost & Dread both transcendent. The frost for the debuff of course, the dread, despite how decent it is for dailies, maybe even the debuff it has & if I have bastion on in a dire situation and it crits, it gives the bastion a bit of 'juice', I mainly love how it honestly looks with the current purple and black style I have on my toon & the skeleton steed, something about all of that, goes perfect together in looks (Yes, I said looks, sue me but at least I'm the only one who looks at fashion in this game!)
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    I usually keep two to three or none depending on the time of 50% zen sales. Usually one terror for pvp, either two from pf/frost/bw, or straight vorpal/dread when im tired of supporting. Having multiple weapons (burning/twisted) helps when you want to support or dps.
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    i used trans terror, switch to trans bilethorn
    and now using holy avenger

either i can't proc weapon enchants or it is not showen.

i want to try frost enchant, but cause i dont know if it works i decided to put it on hold

• crazybibcrazybib Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    I have trans PF and trans Frost.
    I usually use PF in fast dungeons like T1, T2 and Frost on FBI and raids, dragons runs as most of the other DCs use PF.
    Question a bite out of the topic, but as a buff/debuff DC, I have 0 Arm.Pen so the effectiveness of my debuff enchantment is bad. As stats from pets are useless now for direct buff to allies, I am thinking of using my pet to be cap in Arm.Pen and so have enchants with 100% effectiveness. Do you think it worth it or I should stay full recovery/crit with my pet?
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    crazybib said:

I have trans PF and trans Frost.
    I usually use PF in fast dungeons like T1, T2 and Frost on FBI and raids, dragons runs as most of the other DCs use PF.
    Question a bite out of the topic, but as a buff/debuff DC, I have 0 Arm.Pen so the effectiveness of my debuff enchantment is bad. As stats from pets are useless now for direct buff to allies, I am thinking of using my pet to be cap in Arm.Pen and so have enchants with 100% effectiveness. Do you think it worth it or I should stay full recovery/crit with my pet?

Arp doesn't affect the effectiveness of debuffs. It just affects how much damage you deal.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    If I remember well, your %RI (arm.pen) and %DR of foes are part of the debuff calculation, and so if you have enough RI you avoid the first mitigation layer. (@thefabricant or @jeffslider can probably help me with the calculation, it was in their build)
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    crazybib said:

If I remember well, your %RI (arm.pen) and %DR of foes are part of the debuff calculation, and so if you have enough RI you avoid the first mitigation layer. (@thefabricant or @jeffslider can probably help me with the calculation, it was in their build)

Which is how you calculate the added effectiveness for dealing damage. You having 0 arp isn't going to make the debuff less effective for other members in your party.
    Post edited by urabask on
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    urabask said:

crazybib said:

Which is how you calculate the added effectiveness for dealing damage. You having 0 arp isn't going to make the debuff less effective for other members in your party.
    The effectiveness of the debuff is altered by how much arp the person dealing damage has, not the cleric. So having arp as a cleric isn't really required (unless you are a dps dc.)
    urabask said:

crazybib said:

Exactly he's right, you having 0 arm pen isn't going to make your debuffs 'bad' for the other members of the party so don't sweat it that much but if you yourself want to do a bit more dmg, you can probably get loyal avenger gear for your companion. Without bonding procs, I'm on like 11.7% RI but when the bondings procc, I'm on like 60.7-62.7% RI but that is just for me to do damage (some sort) & it's sharp & michela who properly explained & displayed explanations with debuffs like the trans plague specifically if we're talking about layers and formulas. The trans plague they discovered has a 2% hidden debuff which because of that, makes it pretty good choice along with frost, bronzewood. Apparently the total debuff on level 72 monsters from the trans plague is at least 5.7% and the debuff on the level 73 monsters is around 4.8% which I find that to be pretty good still actually
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    I'm to cheap and simple minded to do multiple weapons and weapon enchantments. At 100% crit chance switching weapon enchantments isn't practical and would mean I have critical strike out of balance. Yeah my debuff might not stand out on the weapon enchantment because a full dps may have one but the crit helps with what heals i can do and I don't want to swap enchantments for different things.

Weapons - Twisted, 2nd best in PVE and PVP so good comprimise
    Weapon Enchant - Trans Dread

You can swap stuff out in PVE but I just don't think its worth it for a single run unless you looking to test how quick you can make it.

Fashion wise, i don't care :)

@crazybib, 0% armor pen is rough, i hope you switch from power to armor pen guild boons while doing dailys.
    Thanks all for the clarification, I was wrong in my interpretation of the formula.
    @putzboy78 , no I use the power sh boon, I switch to arm pen sometimes but the difference isn't very big and even with 0 arm.pen it is quite fast to do all the dailies (at least everything is dead after Emp. daunting light).

• rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    Trans PF
    Trans Dread

The PF was the first enchantment I refined and still like it, but currently I slot the trans dread: it's helping me a lot to do my daily stuff.
    I've resisted the temptation to sell the PF because I hope that one day it's reworked.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • illhoraillhora Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    Hi all,

For PVE
    Twisted with Trans Dread for dailies, when in group using Trans BW for the buff and my Trans PF is lost somewhere in my bank...

For PVP
    Drowned with Trans Fey
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Just a T. Frost. If I really needed to, I could grab a different enchant from another character but if I start moving items around like that, I tend to lose track of them.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I have greater plague fire for pve, and about to buy feytouch for pvp
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Already said, but PF was great before it became double-mitigated with mod10 shenanigans (not sure if that's still the case). When that trouble happened, i switched to frost and haven't looked back. It's kind of nice because DC isn't that great a stacking multiple PF ticks on (like a CW can, for instance), so my gut tells me that I'm doing better with a Frost. But it was hard to say since PF nerf was brutal.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    dupeks said:

Already said, but PF was great before it became double-mitigated with mod10 shenanigans (not sure if that's still the case).

It didn't "become" double-mitigated and wasn't nerfed, we just got better test results to show it wasn't quite as good as it sounded. It performs as well as it always did, but other things can perform better.

(And yes, I asked about this and got word from himself that it wasn't a change to the enchant, only improvements to methodology. Same goes for Terror.)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

dupeks said:

Already said, but PF was great before it became double-mitigated with mod10 shenanigans (not sure if that's still the case).

It didn't "become" double-mitigated and wasn't nerfed, we just got better test results to show it wasn't quite as good as it sounded. It performs as well as it always did, but other things can perform better.

(And yes, I asked about this and got word from himself that it wasn't a change to the enchant, only improvements to methodology. Same goes for Terror.)
    Thank you for setting me straight, that's good to know.

In which case, my own experience leads me to believe that the T. Frost outperforms Pure PF on my DC by a good bit (tested with ACT, but don't remember the exact numbers... it was pretty noticeable though for end-game groups)

It's really exhausting that you can't trust most of the tool-tips in this game and have to rely on your own (time-intensive) testing or the good nature of others willing to test. And to think that the devs won't even acknowledge the request for fixed damage weps...

Thanks again Becky!
  • ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    T Dread

Swapped from T Vorp (atm on my CW) to T Dread which I'm currently using, never looked back. I do have a very high crit chance though - around 90% without buff pots. Used to have a T Terror but sold it when T Dread come out. Also have a T PF which is currently on my alt OP that I rarely play. Didn't bother about the Frost since the extreme debuffs (bugs?) comes and go with patch fixes.

I have a habit of throwing additional enchs on my alts so if any changes happen that make that ench better for DC, I'll just do a switch.
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    i think dread one will be enought.

but i would like to have a few other encha's in body just for fashion, yes :D
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

i think dread one will be enought.

but i would like to have a few other encha's in body just for fashion, yes :D

Yes because you gotta win & win in style!