test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Arc points not updating.

nikkiknockersnikkiknockers Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Hello. I am missing a ton of arc points in the arc app for the achievements I've aquired. I'm sure a lot of you have had this problem but has anyone found a fix?

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Not recently. :( Contact customer service and wait, basically, is the only thing that can be done at this point.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    kreatyve said:

Not recently. :( Contact customer service and wait, basically, is the only thing that can be done at this point.

They'll just point fingers at the devs if you do. :3 Kinda a poor job if all they can do is copy and paste everything, my last ticket I sent to them one of the recent support peeps responded and was too lazy to read what I wrote in a previous update to the ticket...

The ticket: NW Xbox Achievements (No names will be included)

Me:Both the characters listed below are level 70, well past the requirement of having two characters reaching 60. ^-^ If you need a picture of my Chacater sheet for proof Ill have my friend send add it here.

Mod edit: please do not post private correspondence, even with names removed, this is a violation.

Post edited by kreatyve on
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I have most of mine, I had one that would not pop for about a week, not sure what the trigger finally was but it sychned up. I have one now that I just completed, the 14 zone scrying stones - and I did it the real way - that wont register in Arc. I was planning to give it a week and see what happens. Maybe a full reset on the xbox helps, idk.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    I've killed all four dragons in my guild stronghold and I got my Xbox achievement for it... but my arc app hasn't updated
  • Options
    tosimostosimos Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm having the same problem. I've contacted them about it. But u have yet recurve any response. I'm hoping we get our points before they remove the rewards and put new ones up. At least I keep getting a message saying the mount and 2 companions will be leaving soon. I know I have enough points for the Mystic Phorea. But it's not registering. I got stuck at 4715 points. Not sure where everyone else got stuck at.
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    tosimos said:

I'm having the same problem. I've contacted them about it. But u have yet recurve any response. I'm hoping we get our points before they remove the rewards and put new ones up. At least I keep getting a message saying the mount and 2 companions will be leaving soon. I know I have enough points for the Mystic Phorea. But it's not registering. I got stuck at 4715 points. Not sure where everyone else got stuck at.

It happens randoomly, can't really pin-point it to something. :p
  • Options
    bosslidebosslide Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I just got my second toon to lvl 60 no points it's been a week now......
  • Options
    spookyvaporsspookyvapors Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I'm having same issue, points not updating on my last few achievements. I contacted CS and they just tell me to keep playing, wow so helpful Arc Support. This is a bunch of you know what that they can't take the time to fix the Xbox App. I know there's been tons of people reporting the same issue. Ever going to do anything about it Arc?
  • Options
    illsineillsine Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same thing here. Contacted the chat support, they opened a ticket and told me to wait. :|
  • Options
    doomsday8589doomsday8589 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Hey customer support, chat support, you gave myself and all these people tickets it's been 2yrs since Neverwinter became available for the XBox One and PS4 consoles so Fix the Arc Rewards systems already darn it. Your pissing everyone off with this problem.
    Look, telling us to keep playing and not solving the issue is what makes players leave. SO FIX YOUR ARC REWARDS SYSTEM sorry if that sounds mean but this has gotten ridiculous, at this point we're going on a 3rd yr and still nothing has been done and nobody is happy about that at all frankly I'm surprised no one has left yet . So Please Fix this issue ASAP thank you.
    If this is our next update then I'm sure no one would complain since it's fixing a major issue.
  • Options
    crimsonlightning#8932 crimsonlightning Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    It's interesting that everything else regarding achievments both in-game and XBO work just fine (save for the occasional 24hr or so delay to register which is a phenomenon inherent to XBO across all games and apps), but as soon there's something important affixed to the achievement --say a swanky mount or companion through Arc points-- of course it fails to function properly. OF COURSE IT DOES lol

Dragon's Bane
    Defeat 1000 Dragons
    Unlocked on 2016-06-09

Of course this what I acheived legitimately and what I was awarded for doing so. And of course this one, the one worth heaps of Arc points that would put me within striking distance of the grand prize, is the one that doesn't register on the Arc app. Of course it would be this one that failed to register and not one of the small inconsequential ones.

I agree with the poster above, if you're not going to have a properly functioning app/points/reward system then why bother at all? I said exactly the same thing when you guys were seemingly unable to adhere to your then newly added 'Calendar' that was on numerous occasions overridden by last minute schedule changes -- and what's the use of a calendar that's never accurate with its schedule of upcomming events? Same as a points system that cannot properly acredit points.

With respect, fix it or ditch it.
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    I just got my second toon to 60, sitting at 9300 points plus, achievement popped and the point on the app did not. I was primed to break the 10k for the mount. @strumslinger
    Could you please give us a link to report this or even an idea as to what fixes are in the works. Thx.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Yes an update would sure be nice. I've been complaining about this for 3 months now.

3 months without a proper fix to this problem but I guess I should not be surprised. When something would work to the players advantage it doesn't get fixed for a year. When something hurts the bottom line it gets fixed overnight.
  • Options
    Fix your ARC app. Math is easy you are only adding whole numbers here. Fixing fix it fix it.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    burlesquecookieburlesquecookie Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I contacted support and still nothing!! I've been playing over a year and haven't gotten a single arc point!! I know it's synced to my xbox account but nothing!! Ugh it's so frustrating!!!
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I uninstalled mine again, there is not much use for an app that can not do the one and only thing I need it to do :(
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    ziegeman#8588 ziegeman Member Posts: 1 New User
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="burlesquecookie">I contacted support and still nothing!! I've been playing over a year and haven't gotten a single arc point!! I know it's synced to my xbox account but nothing!! Ugh it's so frustrating!!!</blockquote>

Same. I have 0 points but i have done so much... My account is definitely synced...
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    They may as well close all these Arc Rewards threads. It's obvious that this is not going to be addressed any time soon after the ridiculous amount of time people have been complaining about it. Maybe they're using the same priority timeline as the Tiamat Hoard bug and we can expect this to be fixed sometime in 2017.

I gave up asking for updates ages ago because they just give you the same old generic "We know there's a problem. We're working it. Please continue to enjoy your game" response. Newsflash: I'm trying to enjoy my game. You guys are just failing to hold up your ends of the bargain by supplying a fully functional game.
  • Options
    cobra624cobra624 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Ever since Maze engine update I am no longer am getting points from the arc app challenges
  • Options
    onebgbdartemisonebgbdartemis Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Same here. Valindras Tower and Temple of the Spider, Epic, BOTH have not counted for me as far as points go. So I am short 150. I need 110 for a reward. Please fix and fix it where we DON'T have to run these dungeons again. Some of us work for a living and have VERY limited time to dedicate to this.
  • Options
    shelby#2236 shelby Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hey and same here! I contacted customer service and now I am just waiting for a reply and a possible solution. Glad to know it isn't just me though!
    Xbox 1 Neverwinter CW 4.1k
  • Options
    danicasaraindanicasarain Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I had the same problem with points not updating until someone said they were "making points via the arc app". the arc app is PC based. It gives points in 600 xp increments. Once a day you are able to cancel a single "mission" and get a new one if you choose.
    It gives you 3 "missions" such as "play neverwinter on 7 different days" "Log into Arc on 6 consuctive days" "Play PWI on 4 different days" "Play PWI" all with their own xp attached. once you reach the 600 xp, that 600 point blocks goes towards your arc points. If you had 300 arc points, you would now have 900 after completing the missions/filling the bar. Image attached if my description is bad.
  • Options
    onebgbdartemisonebgbdartemis Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    We're not on pc, and mine worked up until 3 dungeons ago, then after I received 75 points for a dungeon to go from 4815 to 4890, it is now stuck at 4890 even after 2 more epic dungeon worth 75 each.
  • Options
    danicasaraindanicasarain Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I'm on xbox. My points are not updating either. This is a way to get points using the arc app on PC.
    The only other way is to submit a ticket and hope they get to you within a timely manner. There are lots of threads about people missing their arc points. The "missing points" is not a new problem.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

We're not on pc, and mine worked up until 3 dungeons ago, then after I received 75 points for a dungeon to go from 4815 to 4890, it is now stuck at 4890 even after 2 more epic dungeon worth 75 each.

The points you earn from the PC application are shared between the PC and XBOX and vice verse. The only issue here is that the XBOX is not properly awarding ARC points. All the user is stating is that you can ALSO earn ARC Points by using the ARC App on the PC, as they both share the same pool of ARC Points.
  • Options
    @zebular any chance you my heard from anyone above if this will be an issue forever. I was written off by support and I know I'm not the only one here to have the Arc app function incorrect. Anything at all would be nice to hear. If you play NW on X1 does it work for you? I realize it doesn't work why do we take the time to submit tickets if they don't take the time to patch it. Hot patches happen almost instantaneous how hard in your opinion would it be to fix this "hypothetically". If this will never work properly I just want to reclaim my wasted hard drive space honestly. To say I'd be disapointed is honest but what's really honest is that this not working doesn't surprise me at all. Whats sad is when the negatives out weigh the positives at every angle since I've became a player. What are the chances of this ever tipping in the right direction again? I love playing this game, can we please just make this small insignificant issue right again? Can we make this fix about principal, stand behind the product not dust it under a rug.

#Fraygrenade

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2016
    zman81420 said:

@zebular any chance you my heard from anyone above if this will be an issue forever. I was written off by support and I know I'm not the only one here to have the Arc app function incorrect. Anything at all would be nice to hear. If you play NW on X1 does it work for you? I realize it doesn't work why do we take the time to submit tickets if they don't take the time to patch it. Hot patches happen almost instantaneous how hard in your opinion would it be to fix this "hypothetically". If this will never work properly I just want to reclaim my wasted hard drive space honestly. To say I'd be disapointed is honest but what's really honest is that this not working doesn't surprise me at all. Whats sad is when the negatives out weigh the positives at every angle since I've became a player. What are the chances of this ever tipping in the right direction again? I love playing this game, can we please just make this small insignificant issue right again? Can we make this fix about principal, stand behind the product not dust it under a rug.

We keep pressing for updates on where they're at with this issue but alas, so far it's been the same response in that they do not have any updates on progress at this time. Yes, it has also bugged out for me as well as @kreatyve also. It worked just fine for me for my first few achievements and then all of a sudden, no achievements rewarded ARC Points anymore. In my opinion, as this spans multiple teams and platforms, I would say that a fix is more difficult than one would assume. I do not think there will be any sort of "hotfix" for just this, rather that it would be contained in a larger update when they can get a fix working.

On your note of tipping in the right direction however, I do have to say that with us having a new Lead Designer (Thomas Foss, who is awesome, loves Neverwinter with a passion, and a huge D&D fan) as well as a new Executive Producer (Gordon Fong), that the game is getting back on track to becoming what it was meant to be and should be. Listening to the live stream with Thomas Foss with (and more-so while transcribing that live stream), I have come to conclude that great things are in store for Neverwinter. Alas, time is the only real issue that will not relent.

• Options
    Thank you @zebular as I value your opinion as you have been quite helpful to me many times.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    skankerirlskankerirl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    So is ARC still broken? I have just about every achievement. I linked my account long ago and didn't really check on ARC as I progressed through the game. I just checked out my account recently, and I have 0 ARC points despite unlocking 93/96 achievement on Xbox One. Looks like it has never awarded me anything.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited October 2016

So is ARC still broken? I have just about every achievement. I linked my account long ago and didn't really check on ARC as I progressed through the game. I just checked out my account recently, and I have 0 ARC points despite unlocking 93/96 achievement on Xbox One. Looks like it has never awarded me anything.

Yeah, still broken. :( I bug Andy about this on a weekly basis, but they still haven't fixed it. :(
    Post edited by zebular on
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png