test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

make the solo pvp queue permanent!!!!

Comments

• wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    d4rkh0rs3 said:

@wdj40 I ran with your HR last night. Gg :)

@sh00termcl0vin what do you think about solo queue dom?

Ooooo, who were you? You do not have your name in your sig :)

I really wanted to play lots more yesterday but the servers just wont let me stay connected :(
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    yes, please do!
    it's the least you can do for now.
  • theraj108theraj108 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    There's literally no downsides to this event. It increases the pvp population and gives newer players or players without pvp gear an actual chance to get their daily Seals of Triumph. A 2k could queue regular Domination 20x and not get their daily win and this Solo Queue changes that.
    I think *that* is the main argument to keep it a permanent thing.
    The problem currently (at least on Xbox) is that it's not truly a solo queue. There are premades abusing the queue system currently and getting around the "solo" part.
  • deuceffdeuceff Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Want to throw in my plea to make this permanent. I've given up on normal PVP queues, between the PVP gear and the premades you run up against it's a waste of time and bag space for me. Solo queue is actually fun to run for a casual PVPer, no worrying about trying to optimize my gear or stats and can still have a good time. And the fact that I can actually contribute a meaningful number of Conqueror's Shards is a nice bonus.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    clonkyo1 said:

On the PC's thread, players were even blaming on PREMADES for the bad shape of PvP.

@clonkyo1 Tell me why Gauntlgrym, which was so popular, became impossible to queue for?? Why didn't those players play Domination?? Where are they PVPing now?
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    They are focused on "who wins". "A guy can carry a whole team" exc...
    While it's not really about who wins or about fixing PvP entirely (long term goal).
    It's about the difference between 9/10 games where normal players get no chance to fight back or cap on their own (normal queue) vs 9/10 games where no matter who wins, you still get to kill some and cap on your own.
    A premade will always stomp with 0 chances to fight back.
    A single guy carrying his whole team still leaves plenty of space to plan a strategy, plan rotations, kill other players and cap without the need to beg for points.

For them it's a little difference because they only think about "who wins", but for normal players who do not care about "wins" but about "fun", it's a pretty big difference.
    Camping spawn or begging vs fighting and having fun even if you lose. Is the big difference between normalQ and soloQ.
    You can still have no-contest games in soloQ, but they are WAY less than in normalQ where premades play a pretty huge role, expecially in certain time zones.

The "it doesn't fix PvP entirely" argument is also laughable.
    It improves the PvP experience and fun factor for most players. So it's good enough to be implemented. Good enough to have fun again. Which is what is important when you play PvP, since rewards are, well, pretty poor.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    What @pando83 said. A skilled solo players is completely lost vs. a premade but can still make a difference in a solo environment. Challenging that the solo queue is not an improvement is like saying that the earth is flat. Most players that do have another agenda. What's true though is that the queue is currently being undermined by guilds that sync queue and that should definitely be dealt with. If the solo queue becomes permanent this is absolutely bound to get worse and will push out players from PVP yet again.

RE: Gauntlgrym. I think many players underestimate how great the design was. It had flaws, but in hindsight I regret the devs pulled the plug. The combination of PVP and PVE was intriguing and actually something completely different and unattached from the everyday grind. The game is severely lacking such a feature right now. I wouldn't be opposed of bringing it back with updated rewards.
  • sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    I get what people are saying that this doesn't really seem like an "event" though. There are no special rewards and it seems like a token gesture given its limited run.

They would be better served fixing the matchmaking so it prioritizes groups of 4 or 5 vs other groups of 4 or 5 instead of 90% of the time a pug facing a premade. This way there wouldn't be any need for a "solo" queue as the matchmaking would handle it. If a full group ends of waiting for extra time (30 min plus etc.) for another group to queue so be it. Stop prioritizing speed over match quality. The player base is tired of it.

Also @panderus for the love of all that is holy please add more maps or maybe another 5 man game mode to PvP. Capture the flag would be a good start. Look to WOW for inspiration.
    I'd say that i'd rather wait 30 min for a decent PvP match rather than current 1 minute wait for 90% of one-sided premade stomping.
    Because while i queue for PvP i can still solo PvE. For example, i can farm Voninblood to fill the absurd requirements of both campaign and new weapons :3 In the usual one-sided premade stomping, instead, i'm stuck there.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    icyphish said:

solo queue is pretty fun keep it up,and like Xsayanjix said, we still hope the core problems to be addressed eventually, however this event helps bring pvp population up and is a great move :)

+100
  • nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User

I do agree with you @clonkyo1. The hypocrisy of "I get stomped by better geared player which run in premades" turns out to be "Now "WE" good geared solo players get some food" as the only player who join the event are either PvEers or low geared PvPers.

I started PvPing with my sub 3k toons only, to get a challenge... it turns out I was wrong, still the old core problems as before. Premades have little to do with what is wrong in PvP right now.

It is funny that this is the second time on this thread that you point out for everyone to see that you run with your "sub 3k toons only", and now you say that it is to get a challenge. Since you point out your item level twice, why not say that you also equip your Trans. Negation and Trans. Feytouched on your GWF, along with your mixture of rank 9-12 enchants, and your 4 mythic artifacts? Surely something similar on your CW too. Take a look at the average pug and you will see that at 2,800 ilevel their gear is way inferior to what you equip. I am sure you have lots of experience in PvP and you might be a good player too but I really cannot see the point of going in geared like that if a challenge is what you seek and as you say "the only player who join the event are either PvEers or low geared PvPers". Where is the challenge for you?
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
    edited November 2016
    @clonky & company

It's funny that you assume my experience comes from my main. Buuut...wrong.

I play my main in mixed queue usually. There, i can 1v1 most players who outgear me. Kill them, no. Stall? 90% of the times if they are not 1-shot TRs. Players like Icy and same level can usually dispose of me, but i rarely feel powerless versus even 4k geared PvPers.
    I get plenty of food in mixed queue, if you mean "people i can kill". But again, and everyone who met me in PvP can confirm...i never go after easy kills. You'd rather find me tanking some 3.5-4k enemy to keep him away from my team. Or you find me tailing the strongest enemy if i know that it's the way to allow my team to win. I never go after kills, i do what my team needs to make them win.
    When my team wins hands down, again, anyone who met me can confirm, i stop attacking the enemy completely, unless they keep attacking or if there's some strong PvPer i can 1v1.
    Can't say i see the same behaviour from big PvP guilds.

So you both wrote a huge load of BS in your attempt to drag me down.

About soloQ: i actually play it on a shiny 2.6k HR with decent gear and 60% of the boons so...no, i don't want it to get easy kills because that toon can't get easy kills. Because with soloQ i have a good chance to meet not only high iLvL enemies, but enemies of my iLvL too. And again, i don't go after the kills but i "serve my team" and do what is needed to win.

I want soloQ because, as i explained, i enjoy FIGHTING, no matter if i win or lose.
    What i do not enjoy is what happens in normal queue: 9/10 matches ending up in one-sided stomps and no fight. And from my experience, most of the time the reason is that all the big guns are on one team due to partial premades.

While PvP lacks balance, and you're right about this, mixed queue partial premades AMPLIFY greatly that lack of balance.

Also, if you want to meet players who are after kills, victims or whatever, look no further than PvP guilds. Big ones. All the stompers i've seen in PvP so far come from those guilds. Players from other guilds usually do not keep stomping 2k toons with their 4k geared toons, when the match is 900-10. Guess who i've seen doing this. Players from big PvP guilds.

It's not hate. It's FACTS.
    Stomping trash goes to big PvP guilds because they need BOONS. And your guild can never know about it because you need to make a SS, then find a guild leader, then talk to him, hope he give a f. about the issue, send him the SS and...nothing will happen because well, there's no policy about this kind of behaviour. Trashtalking, yes, is forbidden. But to damage PvP all you need is a pack of 3-4 toons stomping pugs, corpsejumping them, trolling them, farming them preventing them from even come down from the spawn, pushing them away from PvP.

A good thing about soloQ is that these guys, when playing solo, can't do that. Or are very limited in their ability to actually stomp.

Plus, as said above, team balance without partial premades is better and allows for more fight, less cap trade, more fun.

Note:
    IF YOU WANT TO SEE HOW I PVP ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS SEE ME IN GAME INSTEAD OF WITH PRETTY DISGUSTINGLY FALSE SPECULATIONS. I'm not hiding. But do not speculate, since i do not speculate about your way to play PvP. I do not accept your attempt to drag me down just because you can't find real arguments.

I would say i expect apologies but i know i won't get them and you'll just leave your cheap attempts to drag me down in your posts above. Still, won't allow you to throw dirt at me because my PvP fair play is something i'm proud of.
    So, no, i play the opposite and not the way your pretty heads imagined.
    Pretty disgusting attempt by both of you.
    edited November 2016
    pando83 said:

The "it doesn't fix PvP entirely" argument is also laughable.
    It improves the PvP experience and fun factor for most players. So it's good enough to be implemented. Good enough to have fun again. Which is what is important when you play PvP, since rewards are, well, pretty poor.

It isn't a laughable argument though...Although I've been on this game for under a year I have read enough of the forum posts to understand that the argument given by devs, time after time, is that they are understaffed to deal with real PvP issues. If the devs think that the solo queue satisfies the community then that is all we will get out of them. The problem is that in a few months the novelty will have worn off, solo Q will be as boring as normal queue is and balancing will be as big an issue as ever because those with the best gear ARE ruling the matches. But, we will have got what we asked for. In this light I don't see Clonkyo's comments relating to the state of PvP unreasonable.

I must say though that I have had some fun matches. If this is the best that neverwinter PvP can be then so be it, and let's have as much fun as we can. I also do not understand why the devs do not just make available the option for solo queuing outside this "event week" - it's not as if it costs them anything, and not doing so just makes the community frustrated if these posts are to prove anything.

Post edited by nezdin#5514 on
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • theraj108theraj108 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    null
    Getting your Daily Seals of Triumph is actually possible for 2ks now because of solo queue. I think that's a major victory for the whole community, particularly the pvp community. Why it needs to be permanent.
    edited November 2016
    Just because the devs decided to gate the gear behind "wins" in pvp does not mean it is a good idea. The obtention of gear (which happens once) via PvP should certainly not be the reason for the existence of a solo Q. But I do get you, I also got most of my gear from the last solo Q event.
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
    Or may be the devs came up with soloQ exactly because they are understaffed, deep class balance and matchmaking rework requires manpower and they can't do it in a reasonable time--->SoloQ offers the opportunity to at least improve the PvP experience/ make it more fun, so they are looking into it. Devs never follow community suggestions (see ayroux good thread). They want their own numbers. Can't give it to them with mixedQ.

Also: ayroux asks to remove lots of stuff (boons, mounts bonuses exc...) but the point is always to push players to grow their toons stronger and stronger. PvP can potentially push players to improve and pay more than PvE, so reducing the gap and the stuff you can put on your toon is not good for them. But if weaker toons can't fight at all, they go away. So, the best way is to add soloQ, bring more ppl to PvP in a way where they can kill some but also meet those whales to show them something they will try to "reach". This way, the average player will keep playing PvP because they can fight (opposite to mixedQ where partial premades shut down any change to fight back) and also get stomped by random whales so they are pushed to improve and get stronger.

Strip them of most boons/ mounts/ stuff and put them against equally geared enemies only, and they will have no reason to get stronger in PvP...
    edited November 2016
    @clonkyo:

You cut the part where i wrote "i play my main in mixedQ usually".
    To sum it up:

I wrote that i stall 4k BiS enemies on my main (berserk). Berserk (main, GWF, 3.3k iLvL, hardly overgeared): i use it in normal queue, on him i can fight and stall most 4k enemies, except 1-shot build BiS TRs/piercing HRs/Icy. I can, for example, stall Saber for a few minutes if i don't make mistakes. I did it in a few games where i met him, to allow my team to cap. And here is the point: on Berserk i always go for the big gun in the enemy team and shield my weaker team mates. Or i go after the BiS OP/DC just to stall them, getting no kills. So your argument about me trying to use soloQ to get some cheap kills is BS. Sorry. You missed the target here. You don't know me at all. When i go to PvP on my main i don't give a f. about kills, i only care about 2 things: helping my team to win, and have fun in the process/ fight. Doesn't matter if i win or lose. SoloQ just gives me more fights and more fun, opposed to the hopeless stomping of normalQ where be it a win or a loss, i rarely get to "fight", but end up sitting idle for 10 minutes 9 times out of 10.

Then i said that i use my 2.6k HR to play soloQ, where i still hardly get "easy kills", but at least i find players in my iLvL range and can fight. Even so, i often just go where needed, even if it means staying on a point where there's a 4k iLvL enemy that kills me fast, if it means i can interrupt him enough to allow my team to cap.

In short: i explained you that my fair play and way of playing in PvP is usually to sacrifice for the team to make them win, and go after the stronger enemy. Saying i want soloQ to have some "food" is BS and i prove it everytime i go to PvP, since i also NEVER go after enemies that can't fight back. NEVER.

I do not accept BS about my fair play. I always use my gear (on my main) to serve my team, i always look for enemies who can fight back. So i would appreciate if you would cut the BS about me "excusing my overgearness", since i always put my 3.3k "overgearness" vs 3.5k+ enemies, and play soloQ on an "overgeared" 2.6k HR.

As i explained, i want soloQ because even if you lose you can fight back/ come up with a strategy. When facing partial premades, you can't do HAMSTER. Period. Just waste 10 minutes of your time.

@sayajin: i disagree only when i don't agree with you. Nothing personal in this. And we do not agree on this stuff, or when you joke about pugstomping since it happens a lot and it's a pretty big problem in my opinion. Other than that, i do not consider you a bad player. i know you and most players from synergy have fair play.
    I do not like, instead, those geared players who keep stomping enemies even when a match is 900-10 and enemies are asking, for example, for 1v1s. I also find laughable when a 4k toon asks for 1v1 versus my 2.6k HR. To do what? Who are the players looking for some food/ ego boost? I tell you: a part of the guys from PvP guilds. All the D-bags i met in PvP are in some big PvP guild. And i've been playing this game since 3 years+ now.

Those are the only guys i have something personal against. But again: i can do nothing to stop them. It should be big PvP guilds that should promote real fair play and ban players who stomp like that, leaving them with no boons. Since it's the only thing they understand: when you take power from them. Instead, big PvP guilds just punish people who trashtalk. But corpsejumping, bullying, stomping, it's all ok. Doesn't matter if it pushes players away from PvP.

I removed all my friend list in game even if there were good players like Icy and ayroux and macjae after a group of geared players from a big PvP guild started trashtalking and attacking me in game because they didn't like my forum posts. They do it because they don't give a f. since they know no one will touch them. I have 4 ppl in my friend list now, and will stay that way. It does not mean i have something against ayroux, icy or macjae. I like them. I just decided to shut down all the chats to avoid PvP guilds' D-bags completely, which makes friend list pretty useless since i cannot communicate.

Write something i agree upon, and i'll agree with you. :) XD
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    pando83 said:

@clonkyo:Those are the only guys i have something personal against. But again: i can do nothing to stop them. It should be big PvP guilds that should promote real fair play and ban players who stomp like that, leaving them with no boons. Since it's the only thing they understand: when you take power from them. Instead, big PvP guilds just punish people who trashtalk. But corpsejumping, bullying, stomping, it's all ok. Doesn't matter if it pushes players away from PvP.

I had talked about this many times with lower tier PVP guys.

A funny story coming up:

About 2 months ago i had a very disgusting premade player, who corpse jumped on us, trash talked us and harassed us around the map, when it was clearly said match over and most of us were talking with each other. He then came and killed the non aware players. After the match i was PMing his guild leader saying, this behavior doesn't improve his guilds image, now big LOL, as it turned out it was one of the most well known players alt (didn't check for his alt, what a mistake he he), who is also one of the officers of said guild, so you can imagine, the leader give a big... about my complaint.

What my point is, with all the necessary improvements we still need regarding PVP, solo is a first step without anything to lose on the average Joe's side. Matches are far more balanced than normally, well except times when some premades sync Q, but still it is only a small portion compared to the normal PVP life.

Other funny and odd thing is as i wrote in my first response in this topic, you can now beat many top tier guys, maybe they are not so great without a team babysitting them, not even with their huge gear/boon/etc. gap. Makes one really think about things...and about their real skill.

Also lately without solo i was facing only 1 guild 90% in my play time running only full premade. They are normally unbeatable and most don't even fight when they see them, they single-handedly have destroyed PVP during last months by their very offensive behavior. They use all the tricks on this planet to win and voila during solo i have rarely seen anyone of them come down and play.

Solo is refreshing, one can breath now. The only ones to lose on it are the PUGstompers, but hey they got their normal 5v5 DOM to play, but as it seems facing each other is not so funny, hunting easy prey is more entertaining, this is the sad fact ladies and gents.

So while we think that depriving offensive players from their strong boons would be the best, sadly we must be realistic, it doesn't and won't happen, those offensive players are put to "good" use and are mostly backed by their guilds. We all know the idea is great, but sadly it is just utopia.

Only thing is to have separate playgrounds and with a small work make solo truely solo, no Q sync anymore, but for the starter current form is great, nothing to lose, only to gain for the majority of us.

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    So much off-topic here. PVP etiquette, PVE leechers, GG and whatnot have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the solo queue is the better choice for a solo environment. That's above all else. This elitism by the way is exactly the reason why the PVP population has vaporized. With your own standards you are robbing yourself of possible combatants and opponents. If you by now didn't get that you want more players in PVP no matter what then have "fun" playing with yourself.

The rest can be sorted out later. Your "no <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" queue could be a full premade lobby/queue/league system, which I absolutely support as next step after the solo queue has been made permanent.​​