test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

#OPMustFall

mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
Why on earth does cryptic HATE Op's.

It makes no sense to nerf an class that is already worthless compared to the other tank class.
There are more than BIS players in this game
RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

Comments

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    They are trying to bring some sort of balance back into the game, in their indicators , op was easier to tank with (and it was.. ) but ya, in terms of everything else, damage and buffs, GF is clearly superior, by a large margin.

ITs the same reason they tinkered with AA, though I dont think they achieved 100% results they want with it.. of course they didnt even tell DCS at all they were doing it.

They are pretty much not consistent with communication.

and as such are pretty untrustworthy.

They are in a whole large, very incompetent team at the moment, I dont quite understand why any player defends them, as their actions are really not defendable. The argument that they are stretched to thin.. has well, stretched to thin with me. I competely understand that they might have been stretched to thin, but why acquire the release of ps4 and xbox and millions of income, if you cant higher a few more personal to work on some of this stuff.

Boring unnecessary mods: Check.
    Unfun game design: Check
    Terrible decision making in terms of game quality: Check
    Level of mistrust and abuse with playerbase: Check.
    Total compete nightmare of quality of life (service issues) in game: Check.

Im not even at all trying to flame, these are just facts.. its simple as that..

Until we can make some headway with some of this list, I fail to see why we should be anything but openly hostile to everything they propose, I JUST dont believe they know what they are doing at the moment.

• Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I remember a while back where roles were reversed when everyone wanted an OP tank and not a GF. How the pendulum swings.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

They are in a whole large, very incompetent team at the moment, I dont quite understand why any player defends them, as their actions are really not defendable. The argument that they are stretched to thin.. has well, stretched to thin with me. I competely understand that they might have been stretched to thin, but why acquire the release of ps4 and xbox and millions of income, if you cant higher a few more personal to work on some of this stuff.

Exactamundo! You don't (well you shouldn't) acquire more work when you're struggling to produce quality content as it is. I see the exact same thing in my job. I'm a journalist and our company is always bringing in new clients (more work) which means the content we're producing is suffering as a result of quantity over quality. In the end we will lose some of those clients because of it. So NW is very much like a second job to me and a mirror of my real job :|
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    circle of power can be usefull now, but not my favorite to use(specialy fighting orcus), bo made me die a lot on elol and my op is 2.8il, what a joke for the op nerf, op didnt get an retrain token why? i have the feeling that the damage bo deals back to op is ignoring dr which suck all those dr increases for nothing, what a joke, game just get frustraiting played 2h yesterday when i got frustrated simply pressed alt+f4, today same thing, by the looks of it gonna stop playing and wait for next big expansion maybe ill come back
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

I remember a while back where roles were reversed when everyone wanted an OP tank and not a GF. How the pendulum swings.

Yes I remember being asked to leave immediately because the party wanted an OP when my GF joined a CN pug. But that was back before the bubble nerf.
  • Options
    triflentriflen Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    This is not a defense this is a sad truth. The game has now gone threw 4 devs teams.. and is currently on its 5th. Hard to keep continuity in that regards from one mod or vision to the next. The binding oath change is horrible. Their patch note was that they simply reduced its aoe damage to a max of 5 mobs.. well they did a whole lot more then that. I can barely tank cn now. I had to change from vow ( used for agro on bosses... because frankly put.. I cant tell if the damn thing is active or not a glow in their eyes?? really that is my visual que? with all the effects going on in a party of 5 or 10.. glowing eyes???) I now use bane.. instead on orcus....I can not buff dps, I can not do nearly the dps of a gf,, I had one thing truly going for me as an op tank... I could tank while the dc focused on the dps buffs and the others health... Now I am a liability.
    Just for all those flamers out there..... I can play my class I am referring to the changes from prior to mod 10.5 and to what they are now. Heck I am even using heroism now instead of the shield.. as daily.. gave up on bubble a long time ago.
    They really really need to go back and evaluate the two tank classes... Define their str and weakness and balance them off each other.. not other classes period. There should be a draw back and benefit to both.. They were correct in nerfing the bubble it trivialized content. However removing their dps further with the bonding nerf and making it less effective as a tanking mechanic is without foresight.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    "Easier to tank" - I give you that one but lets recap:

At this point a GF takes less damage from attacks while an OP takes more. A GF deals more damage with attacks while an OP deals less. A GF buffs and protects his party better and much easier while an OP with feats and auras barely comes second and is also in risk of being 1 hit killed by some monster.

Anything anyone cares to add
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    arcanjo86 said:

circle of power can be usefull now, but not my favorite to use(specialy fighting orcus), bo made me die a lot on elol and my op is 2.8il, what a joke for the op nerf, op didnt get an retrain token why? i have the feeling that the damage bo deals back to op is ignoring dr which suck all those dr increases for nothing, what a joke, game just get frustraiting played 2h yesterday when i got frustrated simply pressed alt+f4, today same thing, by the looks of it gonna stop playing and wait for next big expansion maybe ill come back

Yes Im glad others notice as well. The new BO is a Paladin killer, if you use it vs trash mobs, just for kicks, it will damage you a lot more upon expiration than if you just stood there and let the actual mobs hit you. What an absolute incompetence the devs are showing yet again.
  • Options
    shiva79#6664 shiva79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    think one issue is, that pala cant do anything, while in turtlestance.
    this didnt matter with old immunity mechanics, but with immunity removed, you can pick between losing aggro in turtle stance, or dying a quick death without
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    First of all, I agree to this unneeded sloppy nerf to the OP without giving an adaequat compensation and feel sorry, because I know that both paragons are not very popular now, even before mod 10.5.
    I allways prefered a GF, because he can protect your gruop effectively for 65% incoming damage (KV+feats), buff for 35% with ITF, spend huge ammounts of AP or damage from capstones, debuff boss with up to 18% for the group and deal more damage by that.

I did a CN run yesterday with my main, a warlock, only to get verfied how bad it is. Afterwards I stripped him and don´t know what to do with that class at all in mod 10.5
    Sloppy fix without a compensation hit warlock , same as OP. :(
    To get back to topic. Our first tank was an OP. Group DC-GWF-GWF-Warlock.
    First bosses were no challenge but I recognized that aggro ping-pong all time.
    At orcus we wiped 5 times and since I was the only caster, we started 5x again to give that tank a chance. But he failed from the start onehittet and he could not hold aggro at any time, in the sum he could not tank that boss. That OP was 3.2 IL 160+HP, he quitt despite noone said a word.
    I have no clue about that class btw.

The next one was an OP from Synergy 4k IL 202 HP, 13k recovery, 70% DR
    He did not take a scratch in the fight, I guess he used block at incoming hits, that´s something a GF with lower DR and HP has to do also, otherwise he get´s oneshotted, but he can attack and spot doing so and hold aggro-->that needs to be addressed if devs want an OP to be viable I guess?
    From what I remember runnnig ACT that moment, the OP used:
    Radiant strike , valorous strike,
    aura of courage, aura of wisdom,
    binding oath (maybe combined with block if expires?), bane and I guess vow of enmity..forgot
    on top devine judgement and devine protector as far as I remember
    Fireblast armour
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Can't we just build a time machine and go back to mod 2....? Life was simple. Simple was bliss.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Has anyone noticed that divine call also seems to restore slower then it used to? I have noticed that I am really struggling lately with it since 10.5.
    These are the adjustments I have made that seem to help during cn.. I switched to aura of restoration, aura of truth. Encounter is still binding oath, templers, bane. Daily went from shield of faith to heroism (damage resistence and immunity control as well as temp hps. Oath strike for agro and radiant for travel and armor pen.
    Lets talk about the nerfs... Echo of light given a cooldown, Divine judgement nerf to max damage, binding oath reduced target number affected by damage, Damage limited to your total hps, damage not dealt if you die in process of taking the damage collected. Divine protector horribly shortened. These are just the ones I can recall since op release as a tank.
    What have they given us....well the movement speed that they gave everyone off swift flash feat. Thank you pwi and the neverwinter team.
  • Options
    karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    My biggest complaint would be, it doesn't even do what it says it does. Targets are not "forced" to attack the paladin. I should not lose agro while it is active, period. It is in the description. It happens tho.
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    emilemo said:

arcanjo86 said:

Yes Im glad others notice as well. The new BO is a Paladin killer, if you use it vs trash mobs, just for kicks, it will damage you a lot more upon expiration than if you just stood there and let the actual mobs hit you. What an absolute incompetence the devs are showing yet again.
    with previous bo i could easily done elol without dying once even etos, orcus could do it with bo at certain time, but havent tried after the changes, if i die easily on elol scorpion, guess orcus will one shot me ^^, the damge i do is even lower i even used circle of power dmg buff aura of courage and took me like ~10min to kill 1 bear in new zone lol, so far the only class capable of playing seems to be cw, gwf and gf, sw down, dc ancient warding broken/disabled from devs, hr have bugs, op we all speaking in here, tr bsicly not my fav to play for pve( i think i can have more fun on pvp with tr)
  • Options
    ghoulz66 said:

Can't we just build a time machine and go back to mod 2....? Life was simple. Simple was bliss.

Тhose were the days
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    triflen said:

Lets talk about the nerfs... Echo of light given a cooldown, Divine judgement nerf to max damage, binding oath reduced target number affected by damage, Damage limited to your total hps, damage not dealt if you die in process of taking the damage collected. Divine protector horribly shortened. These are just the ones I can recall since op release as a tank.

This is probably why I'm so bitter here, this and the bugs not being fixed. The class has just gotten a nerf after nerf. I got no problems with changes aimed at balance. Those who recall Divine Judgement 1shotting even bis character in pvp know the nerf was very much needed. Then the perma bubble was a problem so the nerf was also needed. But come on, you cant just keep taking away. At some point you have to give something back. We have two tanks in this game and one is clearly superior on all counts. I know the cycle classes go thru in Neverwinter. Ive been through it with all of my characters. GF was useless at one point and now its at a peak, GWF was useless at one point, Locks struggled as well etc. People may argue that the current protection Paladin is not useless but lets look at the whole picture here. Not everyone is a 4k Pala, not everyone is a 3k Pala. Not everyone runs with an AC/DC where the stacking of Shield of Faith and AA make you nearly invincible. An average GF who built for DR can reduce any incoming hit by 80% twice and thus tank even the likes of Orcus at modest item level. An OP cant do that.

If anything I hope the devs start the next class balance asap with the Paladin being part of it. @asterdahl @panderus

PS: I might be imagining things but I also think my Pally is doing less damage overall in 10.5. The Divine Judgement hits seem lower, the Relentless hits as well.
    Post edited by emilemo on
  • Options
    mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    Just ran CN for the first time after nerf... looks like either a respect of some sorts of take all the enchants off and build a GF. Thanks Cryptic you Pile of HAMSTER.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    It's pretty obvious the DEVs are pretty clueless with their own game they work on. Damage resistance does not work with Orcus. Tanks need flat % damage mitigation on top of DR. The GF can get by with just his guard, because it cuts all the damage. GF doesn't really need to try hard. The OP is gimped on temp HP and party buffs/debuffs.

It might work for pvp, but sure as hell isn't working for endgame PVE. The OP needs true mitigation and not dependent on stupid BO like it's been doing for the class's entire lifespan. BO and DP have kept everyone including the DEVs from realizing the real flaws. If the DEVs are going to continue to add all these one shot enemies, tanks need powers to reduce incoming damage, not add on useless DR which quickly hits the cap.
  • Options
    trzebiat#2067 trzebiat Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

It's pretty obvious the DEVs are pretty clueless with their own game they work on. Damage resistance does not work with Orcus. Tanks need flat % damage mitigation on top of DR. The GF can get by with just his guard, because it cuts all the damage. GF doesn't really need to try hard. The OP is gimped on temp HP and party buffs/debuffs.

It might work for pvp, but sure as hell isn't working for endgame PVE. The OP needs true mitigation and not dependent on stupid BO like it's been doing for the class's entire lifespan. BO and DP have kept everyone including the DEVs from realizing the real flaws. If the DEVs are going to continue to add all these one shot enemies, tanks need powers to reduce incoming damage, not add on useless DR which quickly hits the cap.

This is so true if you look at the recent change to Sanctuary, and also the mechanic itself for Prot OP - something I can't understand at all. The damage resistance for allies (20%) makes sense, but increased DR by 60% then and 80% now for the tank when it adds to base damage resistance which caps at 80% and tanks should already be at at least 50% DR before Negation and bondings? Who came up with this idea in the first place? Does anyone except Prot OP to run (if that's even possible) with 0-20% base DR in endgame PvE content to really make use of the class mechanic?

It makes sense for Dev OP with 30% increased DR and 10% for allies as it helps to get closer to 80% DR, but for Prot? All it provides for a tank who is already at 80% DR with buffs is CC immunity (something that is part of GF's shield which is additional layer of protection). It should be at least reversed to make sense - 80% DR for allies, 20% for the tank, so he could actually shield allies with Sanctuary, or make DR from Sanctuary that goes above 80% cap work as additional layer like GF's shield. Or maybe give Prot OP very, very high natural deflection chance and severity, and/or change the DR from Sanctuary to deflection chance so instead of mitigating damage like GF can with his shield, Prot OP would deflect damage?

And there's still problem with Sanctuary activating with delay or not activating at all.
  • Options
    Best part is.. this is relegated to only the class forums now instead of general forums because it seems the only people who are affected by the loss of an entire tank class are the op lol. Bullucks... I ran cn again tonight and I could not tank for the life of me. This time I had to redo my passives from aura of truth to aura of protection... but still had issues prior to that. What I have really noticed being the core hurt in all of this change.. has been we still do not have viable dailies to help us tank. Not a single one of them reduces inc damage only increases damage resistance. So what the heck do we use for dailies to help us tank period? LOH.. ohh that wont work that is just a heal... we use bubble.. ohh wait that just helps us absorb damage against other party members, do we use heroism.. ohh wait that to is just an increase in damage resistance. So we never have had minus bubble anything that permitted us better tanking threw a daily.

So I ask two things... One... redo the calc of damage as it was prior to 10.5 on binding oath. The reduction of outgoing damage should not have changed how it works... yet it did.. and it did horribly.
    2. Give us at least one single daily that will actually reduce the amount of damage taken ... and not just be an increase to damage resistance... which again we all know is an actual hard cap.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    triflen said:

Best part is.. this is relegated to only the class forums now instead of general forums because it seems the only people who are affected by the loss of an entire tank class are the op lol. Bullucks... I ran cn again tonight and I could not tank for the life of me. This time I had to redo my passives from aura of truth to aura of protection... but still had issues prior to that. What I have really noticed being the core hurt in all of this change.. has been we still do not have viable dailies to help us tank. Not a single one of them reduces inc damage only increases damage resistance. So what the heck do we use for dailies to help us tank period? LOH.. ohh that wont work that is just a heal... we use bubble.. ohh wait that just helps us absorb damage against other party members, do we use heroism.. ohh wait that to is just an increase in damage resistance. So we never have had minus bubble anything that permitted us better tanking threw a daily.

So I ask two things... One... redo the calc of damage as it was prior to 10.5 on binding oath. The reduction of outgoing damage should not have changed how it works... yet it did.. and it did horribly.
    2. Give us at least one single daily that will actually reduce the amount of damage taken ... and not just be an increase to damage resistance... which again we all know is an actual hard cap.

Shield of Faith is a separate layer of DR worth 30%. Bane reduces enemies outgoing damage by 30%. Those 2 alone mean you are taking 1- 0.7*0.7 = 51% less damage. They are both independent from DR. Combined with capped DR, you would take: 0.2*0.7*0.7 = 0.098 = ~10% of incoming damage, effectively reducing incoming damage to 10%. All of this is easily achievable to an OP. Bane only works on bosses? True, but since the thing OPs appear to be complaining about the most (orcus) is a boss, it answers the question easily.

You can't keep using the same thing over and over post change and expect it to work. Try out some other stuff, you may get better results.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

triflen said:

Shield of Faith is a separate layer of DR worth 30%. Bane reduces enemies outgoing damage by 30%. Those 2 alone mean you are taking 1- 0.7*0.7 = 51% less damage. They are both independent from DR. Combined with capped DR, you would take: 0.2*0.7*0.7 = 0.098 = ~10% of incoming damage, effectively reducing incoming damage to 10%. All of this is easily achievable to an OP. Bane only works on bosses? True, but since the thing OPs appear to be complaining about the most (orcus) is a boss, it answers the question easily.

You can't keep using the same thing over and over post change and expect it to work. Try out some other stuff, you may get better results.
    "Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?" - Vaas, Far Cry 3

I doubt most ungeared OPs (2k) can keep up Shield of Faith 24/7, but good point on Bane (*begins to try it*).

Doesn't Smite also reduce enemy damage by 15%?

• Options
    I already use shield of faith and bane both... this was prior to 10.5 change. I have dropped shield because with it I was still being one shot threw binding oath.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

triflen said:

"Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?" - Vaas, Far Cry 3

I doubt most ungeared OPs (2k) can keep up Shield of Faith 24/7, but good point on Bane (*begins to try it*).

Doesn't Smite also reduce enemy damage by 15%?
    I can't remember off the top of my head and honestly, I am not going to hop onto preview to test it as I am taking a break from the game. The point is, with stuff like feytouched etc, you can build a tank pally if that is what you want to do, you just won't be able to tank all the content in the game with 0 investment into tanking, which is the way it should be. Up till now, tanking on pally has literally been the most mindless thing in this game and it is a good thing that this has been changed.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    the @thefabricant said:

I can't remember off the top of my head and honestly, I am not going to hop onto preview to test it as I am taking a break from the game. The point is, with stuff like feytouched etc, you can build a tank pally if that is what you want to do, you just won't be able to tank all the content in the game with 0 investment into tanking, which is the way it should be. Up till now, tanking on pally has literally been the most mindless thing in this game and it is a good thing that this has been changed.

And what exactly is this investment into tanking in regard to a Paladin? Lets see, there are two things you can build for as far as investments goes - health and DR and neither of those can save even a 4k Paladin from instant death unless he runs 2-3 defensive encounters and has stacked dailies together with a DC.. So again what investment - high deflect? Your comment makes it sound as if the pally can tank just about anything as long as the player builds tanky and that is simply untrue. The other tank is able to withstand dmg via 2 layers of DR. All a pally tank can do is reach DR cap and stack HP.. and thats not enough.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I have to be honest i am really liking OP now, tanking got more challenging and i cant just dive into endgame content eyes closed, but i do dislike DP change, i've seen people die after i trigger it and it lasts so little.... About binding oath i've seen a good increase in my damage from it in 90% of the situations.

In pvp paladin rocks, my damage is average but with the usual pvp gear (fey, negation), sof, auras i can give support to the team in such way that this solo domination event has been 90% victories or close.....and acording to D&D wiki paladin is a heavy fighter with holy powers and smite making it one of the best DPS's, that's clearly not the case and it cant be otherwise people would take just paladins....now the pvp problem:
    You have a tank that can take orcus mauling by reducing the damage thru a shield by 80%, and then you have another tank that gives orcus the face and gets away with it, the changes to BO and sanctuary came to helo with that and if you think about it it makes sence, "But 80% is the DR cap treesclimber", build HP, cant go wrong with it specially with EF damage, BO changes, aura of courage.

So in my opinion the problems in the game are and always were (since i play)
    1. The overspecialization of a class by feats (sentinel->destroyer, temptation ->fury, bullwark-> justice) that are very situational builds so nobody wants them.
    2. The uncaping of stats making protective builds obsolete and the countless amount of strong damage buffs that make experient parties kill bosses in seconds, to this is included weapon enchantments that are much much superior to regular enchants.

And the biggest problem in pvp that makes fights endless and protective builds futile in most cases (DC's faitfull not really but that's a exeption) because offensive ones can heal up even taking more damage momentaneously due to:
    Insignias;
    Wheel of the Elements;
    Drowned set;

Life steal was never a problem, it was too high? Nerf it, make severity % above 100 count for damage, not make it random chance, my gwf gets 20% ls due to boons, conpanion gif and you see a gwf 2,6k soloing etos, is that a fix to ls? I dont think so.
    Post edited by treesclimber on

• Options
    gregg1230#3509 gregg1230 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    My OP is a little under 2800 IL. I formerly tanked Orcus, and dragons in the stronghold with no problems. Since 10.5, I repeatedly die on Orcus. Yesterday I repeatedly died on the red dragon...easiest of the dragons imo. I am feeling really frustrated with this change. I can't bring myself to accept invites to epic dungeons. I am actually finding it hard to want to log in. I am mixing up my encounter powers and trying to find a new tanking solution. I wonder how EDEMO and LOL is going to pan out. I don't really enjoy playing other classes, but now I don't enjoy playing my OP. Perhaps it is time for me to move to a different game. I am going to have to think on this one.
  • Options

My OP is a little under 2800 IL. I formerly tanked Orcus, and dragons in the stronghold with no problems. Since 10.5, I repeatedly die on Orcus. Yesterday I repeatedly died on the red dragon...easiest of the dragons imo. I am feeling really frustrated with this change. I can't bring myself to accept invites to epic dungeons. I am actually finding it hard to want to log in. I am mixing up my encounter powers and trying to find a new tanking solution. I wonder how EDEMO and LOL is going to pan out. I don't really enjoy playing other classes, but now I don't enjoy playing my OP. Perhaps it is time for me to move to a different game. I am going to have to think on this one.

This is probably the hardest part of it all. I have created three core toons Gwf (my dps) Dc(as healer since op healer is not a buffer) and my op tank. I did those choices for flexibility and the chance to fit any groups needs and stay active. Take away the boon grind, the unlocks... the thought of lvling another tank.. or even a caster dps just does not sound appealing.