test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sea of moving ice fishing is beyond frustrating

shapipshapip Member Posts: 2 Arc User
Ok maybe it will just take some getting used to but so far I've tried for about 30 minutes to catch a fish on the sea of moving ice without any success - after my bar is about halfway the fish escapes. Maybe I made 3/4 the way up the bar once but never filled the bar. Then all my bait disappeared so I can't even waste more time failing to catch fish. I'm probably doing something wrong but it's been an extremely frustrating experience so far. How do I get more bait? Is there a trick to catching the fish beyond trying to play simon says with the blue arrows as fast as possible when they flash?

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    You can buy bait with gold at the consumables vendor.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    shapip said:

Is there a trick to catching the fish beyond trying to play simon says with the blue arrows as fast as possible when they flash?

Don't click the key (Q, E or R). Hold it down until the next key flashes. Sometimes it flashes the same key twice in a row, don't lift your finger.

Also, don't lift your Q, E or R finger to hit 1 when you have the bar full.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I have a guild member who's also having issues. I'm wondering if there is a bug. I didn't have any issues fishing, personally, other than a migraine from the camera, but that could be from something else too.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    Looks like you either didn't understand the mechanics or are victim of a bug. The thread title still applies ;)​​
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    my camera was getting wayne's world effects like something was bumping behind my boat, i see nothing there, just moved away til it go away.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Same for me wylonus. I need to make a move (even a minimal one works) to stop it. If it stays up more than a few secs (like when I'm trying to catch a hard fish) it really gives nausea.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    3 Hours to do opening quests and dailies for the first day? Most of it is traveling around in a boat where the camera wiggles still make me want to vomit. Awful. :/
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    The pictures of the keys to press indicate left, down and right, which would corresponds to the keys A S D (for me).
    Contrary to the picture the buttons to press are Q E R.

I really wonder who came up with this idea, but he certainly should get a raise as he wasted tons of player hours in which they could not create ADs. Good job!
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    wrong place sorry ...