test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Storm King's Thunder: Sea of Moving Ice is Live!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited November 2016 in News & Announcements
The Sea of Moving Ice brings our Storm King’s Thunder story to its epic culmination, finishing up the exciting adventures far up into the frozen north.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10253363-storm-king’s-thunder:-sea-of-moving-ice-is-live

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Andy needs more coffee. This post needs a lot of copyediting at the moment.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • blairreblairre Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    New zone is nothing but a headache between the screen shaking and the lag honestly one of the worst expansions to date
  • jackharper#1224 jackharper Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Nothing special. Maybe next time give us more dungeons? All time CN/ETOS/ELOL new FBI etc. it's boring. All days the same dung -.-
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Great ideas in new update, but I think it goes in wrong direction.
    I'm sorry, but I do not play MMORPG to stay 20min in one place and do fishing. While the idea is good, as an optional quest, but making it necessary repeatable... well that is not good.

I like a lot of new changes you bring up with new module. Especially new Trial, this is content we want the most. Dungeons, Trials/Raids, Skirmishes. I do hope there will be more in the future or at least come back of old dungeons.
    I like the direction you're taking with bug fixing. There was a lots of issues that were adressed in this update. Thanks for that.

But...
    The new map looks great, but requirements for this game are so huge that it either looks bad or looks great and you play with 15 FPS. Optimization in this game is horrible. I play Witcher 3 on my PC with mid/high setting with 25-30 fps all the time. This game got spikes down to 7 fps from usual 30 (i got it capped in settings).
    Many players asked you to limit new instances, because it's the main reason of lags, rubberbanding, bugs (cannot interact with objects). 65! people in one place, really?! with that bad engine and that bad optimization?! This is just terrible decision. Limit instances to 25 and we could talk about content, because right now performance issues diminishes any good stuff you do.

I'm not fan of reinforcement and empowered system. It just takes too much time for average player. Before this module every new campaign could be accomplished by doing daily and weekly quests, some required few special items like Linu Favor (this one you need a lot, lol) or Books acquired from completing Trials/Dunegons/Skirmishes and that was OK. But now... amount of Veinblood you need to collect is way to high! I know some people run HE for whole day and got maxed out of this currency, but this is minority. Most players do a daily missions, weekly quests, one or two HE and that is all that they can afford (and its up to 1 hour of game play or even more). And from that you get like what... 600 Veinblood? Then you complete FBI, it takes up to an hour (unless you're 4k team), and you get what... 200 Veinblood. It's a joke. Do you know that we really want to play Dungeons and Dragons, not Heroic Encounters and Farming?

I get that new items are for top players with BIS equipment, at least leave campaigns out of this rat race for 4k+ only.
  • mrroofer#2455 mrroofer Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    When is Xbox supposed to get this?
  • aleblainaleblain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    It's pretty much okk the new patch. The fishing thing andap treassure can/could be great... you should aim more for fun rather than grind.

And totally yesssss!!, like @izwor said: " Do you know that we really want to play Dungeons and Dragons, not Heroic Encounters and Farming?". I mean, HEs could be great (like they were in Mod 3) but the grind, farming AND REFINEMENT is out of control! We have enough dragons (meh!), people want dungeons, lot of them, you could really start to think to bring all dungeons back for once and for all!! And new epic versions of all skirmishes would be great!

P/D: Do something with Gauntlgrym PvP, really... it used to be so fun and cassual and great, queue used to pop in less than 2min (literally) and all day. This was during mods 6, 7 almost ll of 8, then became a ghost content. Save GG for us!!!, so sad that not even 20 people can queue for a little piece of content and do it.

That's all, good luck! Keep reading the forums (if you ever do it awake).
  • grizzlygreenmangrizzlygreenman Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    Make Neverwinter Fun Again!!!
  • damianos001damianos001 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    We dont want stupid fishing and HEs farm. We want new dungeons and good not bound drop for sale. Or better dont do nothing just fix bugs and balance class and delete all keys. Mod 1-3 was fun now this game is pain.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    When is the next mod? I really have no interest in this one AT ALL.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Delete
    Post edited by demonmonger on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    The boat not bad ( i would preffer a simple normal boat like the empty ones floating around...

The Fishing is not bad either, it could be a really nice timed event but to place it on grind is a bit too slow
    Plus i was seeing my bonus advance wille delivering the fishes and notice that even if i planned to play that new skirmish i would ignore the chance to get that "key" because it would takes a week of playing in my case, and i dont plan to go fish for full a week even in real life...

The fisrt day quest line was a long one (i like this btw) but i feel that the daily will be boring again in no time...
    All the grind for boons is killing the alts, in my opinion is nice to have more toons because it make easy to overcome the changes you do in name of "balance" but the griding is too long (and boring) to keep up in more than one toon these days, back then (before Tyranny) was a monetary problem, i would need more AD to have more toons since playing one toon each time i couldn't farm enough to grow more toons, but then i could buy Zen and overcome that shortage (that should be you objective)...

*Now the best thing !
    Wille playing my GWF dwarf with 3010 gear score and almost all boons i died in this new map !!! man was a really long ime since my last death out a dungeon/Skirmish, that was rally NICE !!, is really nice to fear the foes again in my main toon !!!
    Only then i realized how easy this game is for players with toons over a 3k gs i think the solution is something i've posted loog ago (see bellow)

About a future mod :
    I Still think what this game need is not Harder Dungeons, is Harder instance (or raid), a full instance with the same approuch as a Dungeon, plus this place should NOT give any boon but should have the lot increased as deeper we go, all the loot from this place should be placed in a new window (not the normal bag) and the only exit should be the same door we used to enter, plus all the loot should be lost in case of a party wipe... this would be chalenging Fun ans rewarding, plus would encorage guild raids on this area... the number of players in the party should also affect the loot so more players less prize...

Make it a open space or a maze, make it really hard but not only by "one hit kill mobs", place some really large groups a few hight HP enemys, enemy groups should be build like the players partys a few tanks + healers + dps...

PS.: To make this work you need to limit even more the number of players in this new instance (20 at max i think), plus block the tactic people use to surpass the instance limit... and not lock the palce to a 5 ma or 10 man queue let us risk our lives

Sorry for the bad english and the long post...
  • danieltoaderdanieltoader Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    izwor said:

Great ideas in new update, but I think it goes in wrong direction.
    I'm sorry, but I do not play MMORPG to stay 20min in one place and do fishing. While the idea is good, as an optional quest, but making it necessary repeatable... well that is not good.

In my opinion fishing is funny only in Winter festival, in Storm King mod i avoid to do the fishing quests. Let's play MMORPG not phone funny games please....
    izwor said:

I'm not fan of reinforcement and empowered system. It just takes too much time for average player. Before this module every new campaign could be accomplished by doing daily and weekly quests, some required few special items like Linu Favor (this one you need a lot, lol) or Books acquired from completing Trials/Dunegons/Skirmishes and that was OK. But now... amount of Veinblood you need to collect is way to high! I know some people run HE for whole day and got maxed out of this currency, but this is minority. Most players do a daily missions, weekly quests, one or two HE and that is all that they can afford (and its up to 1 hour of game play or even more). And from that you get like what... 600 Veinblood? Then you complete FBI, it takes up to an hour (unless you're 4k team), and you get what... 200 Veinblood. It's a joke. Do you know that we really want to play Dungeons and Dragons, not Heroic Encounters and Farming?

I remember when IWD mod appeared and all the people farmed HE's for equipment and now nobody run's them anymore, but it was very easy to farm the dailies to achieve the boons. Now we are doing HE's for hours to gain a small amount of Voninblood for boons and is much worse then the achievement for Linu's in WoD.
    If you want to start a new toon the LVL 70 you reach very fast but the boons are utopia to reach in the end. And of course you want to play also the Dungeons, Skirmishes, Stronghold HE's and all this stuff in a small amount of time.
    Where is the fun of the game now?

• praisethesun#8628 praisethesun Member Posts: 1 New User
    AH stopped working for me. I can't post anything anymore.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    With this new patch, TR skill impossible to catch has been destroyed.

What's going on?

More comments are in TR section and in feedback section
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • bajadera#5007 bajadera Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Bugs fixing should have priority.
    TR stops regening stealth after death with soulforged enchant, this is GAME BREAKING for any TR as our little dmg come from stealth.
    Not to mention powers that go randomly on cooldown, also game breaking and very frustrating.