test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Guild name under some of my members is the alliance's head guild name instead of ours.

Pretty much what's stated in the title. We (guild X) joined a guild Y yesterday, were actually warned about this bug and told it could be fixed by setting a an alliance guild tag for ourselves.

Did that, but when I go to our SH, I still sometimes see members of my guild, but with Guild Y's name under their name.
Inspecting their character shows the correct (guild X) name.

Any fix to this? I'm having members complain.

Comments

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Go to character page, history, there is a checkbox there "Use Alliance Title" uncheck that. At least it's so on PC.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I was trying to find that. It's really odd that it will show up on one character but not another - then I'll log them out and log them back in later and it will have reversed which character shows which guild name. I'll have to look and see if there is a check box I've missed somewhere.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

Okay so we left our alliance and rejoined - and it appears to have solved our name issue. As of last night we all show our own guild name.
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

And now it's back... so leaving the alliance and rejoining it did not fix the problem long term

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2016
    If I understand the option correctly, it's a character specific option. Perhaps each member chooses how they want the title to be displayed? If so, leaving and rejoining an alliance or toggling it on and off for your character will do nothing for everyone else that has it toggled on. I don't really understand the option though. Just some thoughts on it.
    edited October 2016
    You are doing everything, except the simple solution I've wrote. Did you find the checkbox or not ?
    Post some screenshots of the char history tab is you didn't.
    And yes, obviously, it's per character (It's on the character page).
    The check box is there - but there is no way to get to it in order to check or uncheck it on the PS4 - it is just text that we can't get to. Also it is already unchecked on all of my characters.

The thing is that the guild name showing changes from map to map. I'll be in a dungeon and show just fine, then go to the dread ring and show the alliance name. Change to the stronghold and it's back to our guild name.

edited October 2016
    ahh, on ps4, do you have access to the game files ?
    And in game console commands ? like /cmdlist
    ehhh... I don't think so... maybe if I was a little more computer savvy I could figure it out but I don't tend to muck around in the files on my PS4.

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    micky1p00 said:

ahh, on ps4, do you have access to the game files ?
    And in game console commands ? like /cmdlist

No, they don't have any of that.
    ravenskya said:

The check box is there - but there is no way to get to it in order to check or uncheck it on the PS4 - it is just text that we can't get to. Also it is already unchecked on all of my characters.

The thing is that the guild name showing changes from map to map. I'll be in a dungeon and show just fine, then go to the dread ring and show the alliance name. Change to the stronghold and it's back to our guild name.

This is a bug. There isn't really a workaround for this yet. Everyone will show up as being in the Helm guild until they fix the bug.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png