test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Storm King's Thunder Bugs & Issues

Comments

• amsterking#7150 amsterking Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Please look into the 'opening the rituals' campaign and the "recover the helm of bruenor battlehammer' missions and other missions alike, as for some reason after this update screen compleeeettttllllyy glitches out and new players are struggling to complete themm...... please look into this @strumslinger
  • amsterking#7150 amsterking Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    @strumslinger i have clips but since im new cant post them :(
  • rendezvous420#3144 rendezvous420 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    What good are the forums if we can't even get the decency of a response in relation to any of these problems? You guys Must be short staffed.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited January 2017

@strumslinger i have clips but since im new cant post them :(

StrumSlinger is no longer the CM. Nitocris83 is the CM. However, the thing with the graphics is a known issue. There's a thread about it here. No need to post videos.

What good are the forums if we can't even get the decency of a response in relation to any of these problems? You guys Must be short staffed.

Or you just aren't looking in the right places.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • sniffa#1407 sniffa Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Hello, there is an issue with strongbox keys with the guild bank, you can not withdraw them. Our guild has currently 59 strongbox keys within its bank and we cannot retrieve them, that's 600k worth. I am the guild leader and some of my characters are also unable to deposit into the bank slot that has the keys even though permission are set correctly.

Strongbox key stacks cannot be split which also creates an issue when trying to distribute them to your guild members.

Guild: Somewhat Serious
    Player: Fangs@Sniffa42
    Repository in question is #4

31/1 - You raise a ticket, you are told that you need to log the issue in this feed yet nobody response to you. Arc get your act together and have the common curtesy to response to your players.

9/2 - Suprise Suprise, you useless tools at Arc have still not acknowledged this issue and provided any feedback on when this key issue will be fixed.
    Post edited by sniffa#1407 on
  • greatheathenarmy#6529 greatheathenarmy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I'm not entirely sure if this should be here, but it's related to the dungeon key changes in 10.5:

1. Kessel's retreat key isn't an option to use on the secondary kessel's chest if you have a legendary dragon key in your useful items. Once all legendary dragon keys have been used, it becomes an option.

2. Thayan Lair keys don't show up in useful items tab, but in inventory instead. However Dark Fey keys do show up in useful items, leading me to believe these were missed.

Also, somewhat related to SKT. Hati in Fangbreaker is bugged in that sometimes the red areas don't show up, or the AOE severely overextends from the red areas. Unsure however if this is purely a latency issue or a game one.

Thanks,
    Thirus@GreatHeathenArmy
  • melrayn#7919 melrayn Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    There seems to be an issue with trading or removing strongbox keys from the guild bank. Trying to withdraw either one or the full stack from the bank doesn't work. Also, when trading you are not able to split the stack of keys. It's all or nothing.
  • vanglorius#7396 vanglorius Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Is there an issue with fishing in Sea of moving ice? I've spent probably a total of 200 casts there in the hot zone, and have only landed 3 items. If this is like real fishing than so be it, bUT my catch rate and mainly the speed at which the bar fills doesn't seem right to want to continue with the time and effort. Thanks in advance.
  • gingerballbaggingerballbag Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have an issue with the sea of moving ice campaign I have unlocked the new area before I think i was suppose to be able to and now I can't get campaign currencies from any storm kings areas or most of the missions to appear at all.

npcs that use to give out missions all say obtain or complete the quest Defending the dale .
    Before anyone asks yes I have been to all areas and asked the right npcs for this mission it's all the same nobody wants to give it out I am totally stuck I have done this mission many times before 10.5 came out.
    I have only just unlocked scout cold run in my skt campaign so I don't even have f.b.i unlocked never mind the new area but I have been to the new area and done the first couple of missions got a khyek and fished then realised all I was getting was xp and coins and no campaign currency.
    I checked other areas and found the same

Please fix ASAP I love the new area but it's useless to me right now if I can't even get any missions to drop with ten town supplies never mind runic pieces.

Also the popping noise can get annoying it only happens in neverwinter

Thanks for the great game hope it's fixed soon
  • elmachico78#6378 elmachico78 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I ve an Issue with the Storm King Thunder Campaign.

I ve abandoned one of the quest at the very beginning of Storm King Thunder Campaign because it was bugged.(sorry don't remember the name).

The quest was the one after saving the caravaneer from the animals at the very beginning of Bryn Shader and then I have to defeat few rounds of enemy before to get the acces to the market place in Bryn Shader and so finally take the daily quest for the Campaign.
    I died once and when I back there to do it again no enemy comes.. So I ve abandoned to restart the quest, but since I did that I am not able to play the Storm King Thunder Campaign,I can enter in Bryn Shader Map but I don't have daily quest and I can't even sell relics and of course I can't unlock the other maps.

Please Help I am blocked with this Campaign.

My ps4 account is elmachico1978

Character is Merlino.

I wish you can fix it ASAP.

Thanks
  • rodrigozeba1rodrigozeba1 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Wolf Clearing, a daily in Byrn Shander is broke. The fish-things in the floor to summon the wolfs near square Market is not "glowing" so you can't interact with.
  • umarachnea#5673 umarachnea Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    Sea of Moving Ice:

- Devoted Cleric:
    When I get into a Khyek, my divinity disappears as soon as I am back on land.

All classes:

- After fishing on the khyek, you end up with 0 action points. Not sure if this is intentional, and if it is why would it be?
  • fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited January 2017

Wolf Clearing, a daily in Byrn Shander is broke. The fish-things in the floor to summon the wolfs near square Market is not "glowing" so you can't interact with.

What happens is one of the wolves spawns inside a building (usually the closest one to the quest givers has this issue) and you can never clear it and the encounter never finishes, so you have to keep hopping instances until you find one that isn't broken.
  • Manticores in SVA are invisible sometimes, you can get them back visible if you quickly look at the ceiling.
  • bumblibee#7836 bumblibee Member Posts: 1 New User
    Soon after unlocking Lonelywood, I had a Meilikki Shrine quest. After defeating the orcs and getting the thistle, it told me to save a dude, but I count find him anywhere. So I exited and went back in again to the the quest, still no dude. So I deleted the quest and was going to pick it up again from Catti-Brie but she won't give me the quest again and now I can't do any quests in Brynshandar or Lonelywood which is a huge bummer because I really need to unlock Cold Run. Please fix this bug! I'm also not the only one who has experienced this glitch.
  • tervijawn#8726 tervijawn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Noticed this the last few times in FBI:

During the Dragon Turtle fight when he's on the island and actively attacking, I've had combat end when in front of him, allowing me to drop an altar. This has the added benefit of dropping all of my temporary HP as a Paladin. I'm sure this is not the intended effect, as I figure combat should end when the Turtle submerges? This is also coupled with the fact that the Turtle will rotate every time he lands on the island, causing hit box issues. I've also seen this occur in SOMI during the Dragon Turtle heroic.
  • Sometimes you'll just be riding in your khyek and die from hypothermia, not by the giants or getting hit by anything, in open water. Also on the main island you land on, you can get put into combat with no enemies nearby and you can't get out of combat.
  • rendezvous420#3144 rendezvous420 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Oh my bad. I thought since this thread was for Storm king's "bugs and issues" since my original post mentioned my trouble with the Options settings Not saving since the Release of Storm king. I guess i'll forget about it, thanks.
  • jarnel117jarnel117 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    so nothing actually ever gets done about the bug reports that are submitted on the game, I have started a discussion about this topic on my own but it got deleted as I'm sure this message will be shortly. with my devoted cleric class actually activating any of my encounter powers is a real struggle with me having to press the button 4-5times before anything happens, and sometimes the only thing that is activated is the cool down on my ability other then that NOTHING happens, I have sent about 10 bug reports about this issue and again NOTHING has happened, during the time I have played neverwinter I have submitted probably over 20 bug reports and none of them have ever been resolved. its a complete joke
  • sundayscour#8172 sundayscour Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    !!!! BREAST SIZE WORKAROUND !!!!

I have FINALLY found a way to change breast size even with the "Nothing Changes" bug.

1) Go to Body Scaling tab/window

2) Move selection cursor to edit breast size

3) Press right to increase size ONE click (it only does one at a time.)

4) Press X

5) Press UP (goes to Body Type, I think - it doesn't matter)

6) Press DOWN (back to Body Scaling)

7) Press L1 (undo) then R1 (redo) <---- THIS IS THE IMPORTANT PART

8) Go to step 2) then repeat until desired size is reached.

will post links to this thread in other relevant threads
    edited February 2017
    I think the active bonus is bugged on some of the companions you get from chests. These ones have no companion active bonus listed on the companion tool tip or on their active screen:

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Cantankerous_Mage

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Slyblade_Kobold

Winter Wolf Companion (could not find on wiki, I thought this was the mount at first)

Also the boss in Svardborg can get bugged, stop attacking, and when you kill him, the 3rd manticore phase never happens, you have to wipe to reset and do it all over again.
    Post edited by fizgigtiznalkie#4436 on
  • ganzolokoganzoloko Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Zulkir´s Dreadnought: WRONG IL AND STATS

Hi, I´m playing on PS4 and Xbox one at the same time, mostly PS4 now, trying to get my Zulkir´s Dreadnought chest piece from Valindra´s Tower, but I see the stats are not wich supose to be like on Xbox and PC, it´s 140 IL instead 150 IL and all stats are obviously very reduced, they weren´t that way at the start of module 10.5 because I checked them but it seems that by some reason in some way the stats and IL have been changed, I would like to know if this stats and IL gonna be fixed as pair with the other 2 plataforms (PC and Xbox One) to keep trying to get it or if not going for the Spiders 150IL chest piece wich isn´t better for my build than the Zulkir chest but 10 IL and the reduced stats makes a big difference, I added 2 links pictures of pictures taken on Xbox one and PS4 form the same piece from GF characters to prove it, both plataforms supose to be at the same module and content, so i don´t know why that single gear is different when all the other gear is the same, thanks for the help

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4VsTutUkAA_Myd.jpg:large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4XpmyBUEAAXGCz.jpg:large
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    ganzoloko said:

Zulkir´s Dreadnought: WRONG IL AND STATS

Hi, I´m playing on PS4 and Xbox one at the same time, mostly PS4 now, trying to get my Zulkir´s Dreadnought chest piece from Valindra´s Tower, but I see the stats are not wich supose to be like on Xbox and PC, it´s 140 IL instead 150 IL and all stats are obviously very reduced, they weren´t that way at the start of module 10.5 because I checked them but it seems that by some reason in some way the stats and IL have been changed, I would like to know if this stats and IL gonna be fixed as pair with the other 2 plataforms (PC and Xbox One) to keep trying to get it or if not going for the Spiders 150IL chest piece wich isn´t better for my build than the Zulkir chest but 10 IL and the reduced stats makes a big difference, I added 2 links pictures of pictures taken on Xbox one and PS4 form the same piece from GF characters to prove it, both plataforms supose to be at the same module and content, so i don´t know why that single gear is different when all the other gear is the same, thanks for the help

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4VsTutUkAA_Myd.jpg:large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4XpmyBUEAAXGCz.jpg:large

Why is the AC lower on the IL 150 one versus the IL 140 one? I would think that might be a mistake as well...
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    is it possible that only premade svardborg assault groups can successfully queue up as some sort of bug? I say this because I've been pugging atleast 3 hours every day for 4 days now and not one single group. I have to meet the req to even attempt to queue so it isn't that and I unlocked it on the campaign, not that either. specifically talking about nsva not master. ps4
    im actually the gwf carry
  • kooler#1416 kooler Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    My Giuld is having an issue with the keys for the chests from guild hall dragon farm. We have bought some and placed them into the guild bank and now are unable to get them back. We hope that this is a known issue, which is getting fixed very soon.
  • tim32endit4u#1787 tim32endit4u Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am working on Maze Engine. The quests that are issued by Bruenor Battlehammer appear and can be ran and also the rewards can be collected. However. The problem is that on "Interlude The Fight Continues-Obtain Tales of Adventure from Daily Quest Given By bruenor BattleHammer," is stuck on (2/5). I signed out, did other quest, Skirmishes, and PVP, however the counter still reads (2/5) even after completing the quest literally 8 times. Also I abandoned the quest to see if it would correct. Unfortunately that did not work either.
  • rebeckadahlbomrebeckadahlbom Member Posts: 1 New User
    [DEMOROGON MAJOR BUG]

Grisgondo won't go into portals. He will target someone, and there will be the red line leading somewhere, but he will bug out and not go anywhere. This happened like 8 times in a row in my last run. This was the Normal Demorogon, not Master. If you line up towards a yellow portal, and he bugs out and doesn't run, he won't lose HP either, so it's not just a visual bug but also affects gameplay. This applies to wherever you aim him at, he will bug out. It seems to happen when a lot of people are standing in front of him, and the direction he is pointed to run to.
  • kingklep#6282 kingklep Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Had perfect msva run but no credit
    edited March 2017
    I've started tanking the dragon turtle on my pally and have lost all temp HP a few times too, it just puts you out of combat for a split seconds and bam, no yellow bar with no attack/incoming damage.
  • kid1369#6769 kid1369 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Me and some guild mates just beat Assault on svardborg (master) with no downs but only a few people actually received the rewards for it. I believe I should have received a in-game mail containing a banner, A new in-game title, and a trophy. I filed a ticket and was told to come here to report a bug. This is not an easy task and it took multiple tries with a very strong team, so just doing it again isn't really an option. I was very disappointed when I finally overcame this challenge to not get credit for it.
This discussion has been closed.