Install Arc
Options

Developer Blog: Sailing & Fishing

13»

Comments

• Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

qexotic said:

I think the idea is that the people who do like this new fishing variation will sell their surplus materials to those who don't through the AH.

In other words, an incredible tool for botters; whoelse will grind it forever? Not me...

Also, can you scent this smell of brand new itens on zen store? What about an epic rod for 1000 zen? And please, take epic bait too.

Guys, it's coming out of control...
    Which is basically what I said in the line you didn't quote :)
    qexotic said:

I think the idea is that the people who do like this new fishing variation will sell their surplus materials to those who don't through the AH. Plus, there will no doubt be some new packs available from the Zen Store and possibly some useful RNG based drops from the new Lockbox.

That aside, I agree entirely with the point about botters. The new version of fishing is tailor made for botters. It is a tedious, time consuming feature that a lot of players would happily avoid if they could but will find they need the things that are made available by the 'catches'. They would probably be only too happy to buy them off the AH. This is exactly the sort of thing that botters seek out. Could it be any more ideally suited to being scripted and then farmed 24/7 by the people that Cryptic say they keep using huge amounts of resources to try and combat ? One player has already posted a map on these forums of all the fishing locations, I doubt it will be too long before something similar appears for all the hidden treasure locations. The flood of items that will appear on the AH soon after the new mod launches may explain the new changes to the AH and mailbox. Either way, the bot community must be rubbing their hands with glee.

• Options
    lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    Seeing wat's on preview and upcoming changes, IMO, this game is becoming even less alt friendly and more bot friendly.

Do any of you from dev team ever played the game? Do you know how much time and grind we spend farming and trying to get as well geared as possible? Looking at preview collection part of SKT campaign, I saw items worth 250K rp for relic gear... And I asked myself: how much rp we'll need to get the weapons to max lvl??? And the quantity of "reagents" needed to restore the weapons and gear and start refining/feeding it makes me feel like I never will get them...
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I saw items worth 250K rp for relic gear... And I asked myself: how much rp we'll need to get the weapons to max lvl???

I think in this case, the total amount needed is unchanged and the new high-point items are meant to make it "easier". Except with the structure, not a soul is looking at it that way.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User

I think in this case, the total amount needed is unchanged and the new high-point items are meant to make it "easier". Except with the structure, not a soul is looking at it that way.

Man I really hope so... and if they changed it to "increase" rp of each item, then I also hope they increase the rp worth of resonance stones and other itens alike.

Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    refining with gears, belts, weapons that dropped by corpses and random dungeon chests are way too low, they cost too many ID scrolls. those drops are not worth hoarding for 2x events or even for Strongholds.

here an idea, we need a new companion, get a mimic that could collect the drops, and select specific loot types, select belts and it only pick up belts at tier 1, and then when it get to tier 2 (blue) and you have options to select necklaces, weapons, armors or off-handeds, and then at tier 3 (epic), 3rd loot options, and tier 4 (legendary) get 4th loot choice to gather.
    once after leaving the dungeons, you can look up the loots it gathered and decide what to feed or use them for refining gears, or extract items from mimic.
    items must be cleared from pet mimic's storage before going to next dungeon.

another idea for pet mimic, tier 1/ 6 slots, tier 2/ 12 slots, tier 3/ 18 slots, and tier 4/ 24 slots.
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

I saw items worth 250K rp for relic gear... And I asked myself: how much rp we'll need to get the weapons to max lvl???

I believe another caveat is that the new RP items can only be obtained by farming the new 10 man Trial and/or fishing and farming the treasure sites that turn up in the bottles you can catch. The new map is huge, but even though the new scenery is quite beautiful to look at, the slow moving boats we have access to make travelling around it (and hence fish farming) terminally slow and tedious activities :(

• Options
    oninginryuoninginryu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    qexotic said:

Which is basically what I said in the line you didn't quote :)

Oh, true... Sorry, I only noticed that after you said, writing hurry, I guess... xD
    wylonus said:

here an idea, we need a new companion, get a mimic that could collect the drops, and select specific loot types...

another idea for pet mimic, tier 1/ 6 slots, tier 2/ 12 slots, tier 3/ 18 slots, and tier 4/ 24 slots.

Dream on... Have you noticed how many itens we have to carry? They want sell bags... 24 slots = greater bag of holding = 1k zen.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    mimic are not an inventory pet, they are considered as "overflow carrier", once leaving dungeon, they must be clear out before entering next dungeon, mimic mostly collect dropped gears base on selected options by tiers, not able to gather the potions or gems.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or not...

But, with this upcoming extra and the fishing quest in Lonelywood, why are we given another fishing pole when a character can have one from the Winter Event?

I know, there are some toons out there that may not have done the even, but there are also a lot that did and we have purple quality poles. So why can't we use them for here?

I can undestand this, the Winter Festival fishing pole is an Ice fishing pole, in Lonelywood the fishing pole is a shore caster and in the sea of moving ice the fishing pole is a deepwater pole with the appropriate tackle, BUT at least for now you can use the Winter Festival pole in Lonelywood too and maybe eventually on the sea of moving ice giving you a better chance to catch fish on the sea of moving ice.
  • Options
    dtay2dtay2 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    So... fishing in lonelywood is a stupid mess of bugs, and Cryptic wants to add more fishing. Perhaps the developer time would be better spent doing the following as practice before creating a new buggy mess
    - make it so one instance of lonelywood can do more than ONE PERSON worth of quest
    - making casts beyond the first cast in a hole actually catch fish
    - making the fishing holes actually respawn instead of going permanently dead
    - not catching the same fish over and over if you don't choose to inventory it
    - fixing the animation to not cast up onto the land
    Post edited by dtay2 on
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

There has to be a fishnet bag. There is no way we can carry all of those fish.

Fish will take up normal inventory spaces, however, there is an important detail in regards to the number of fish and their tax on your inventory. At a given fishing spot you will only find about 5 types of fish, give or take, less if you are not using high-quality bait. There are only a limited number of active spots at a time. There is also no reason to hold onto any of the fish you fish up and they can quickly and easily be turned in on the main island for reputation. So depending on your bag space, you may have to return to the central island to turn in fish every so often, but it won't be a few minutes of fishing and suddenly your bag has 60 species of fish in it.

For the most part, the large number of species are there to give those who are really enthusiastic about the mini-game a goal to seek after. Discovering where all of the fish live and seeking out the more difficult fish could prove to be quite a challenge!
    @asterdahl

Having played around in the zone both fishing and treasure hunting, I have to say that while fishing in a single location, even until the fishing spot is depleted, doesn't create a bag problem in itself, the box-o'-fish from treasure maps absolutely does. I dug up two in a row and every free spot was full of fish, to the extent that I couldn't even have opened another map to continue what I'd been doing. Returning to the fishmonger is only quick and easy because of my VIP signpost, and it's disruptive and not enjoyable regardless. Also, getting back out to whatever you were trying to do in the zone is a pain. I don't have the epic khyek yet, therefore I must continue to suck up my drops of box-o'-fish until I get it. And it's still going to be a pain to go way opposite the map, and discover that this is a dead end, and you can't land here, and this looks like you can get through but actually you get stuck, and etc.

I enjoy reading about all the different types of fish, love the effort that went into creating their inventory icons, but... they are a problem, and you can't just polish it up and say it's acceptable because we don't need to save them for anything. Turning them in breaks up your session with irritating inventory management busywork, which we needed less of, not more.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

asterdahl said:

There has to be a fishnet bag. There is no way we can carry all of those fish.

Fish will take up normal inventory spaces, however, there is an important detail in regards to the number of fish and their tax on your inventory. At a given fishing spot you will only find about 5 types of fish, give or take, less if you are not using high-quality bait. There are only a limited number of active spots at a time. There is also no reason to hold onto any of the fish you fish up and they can quickly and easily be turned in on the main island for reputation. So depending on your bag space, you may have to return to the central island to turn in fish every so often, but it won't be a few minutes of fishing and suddenly your bag has 60 species of fish in it.

For the most part, the large number of species are there to give those who are really enthusiastic about the mini-game a goal to seek after. Discovering where all of the fish live and seeking out the more difficult fish could prove to be quite a challenge!
    @asterdahl

Having played around in the zone both fishing and treasure hunting, I have to say that while fishing in a single location, even until the fishing spot is depleted, doesn't create a bag problem in itself, the box-o'-fish from treasure maps absolutely does. I dug up two in a row and every free spot was full of fish, to the extent that I couldn't even have opened another map to continue what I'd been doing. Returning to the fishmonger is only quick and easy because of my VIP signpost, and it's disruptive and not enjoyable regardless. Also, getting back out to whatever you were trying to do in the zone is a pain. I don't have the epic khyek yet, therefore I must continue to suck up my drops of box-o'-fish until I get it. And it's still going to be a pain to go way opposite the map, and discover that this is a dead end, and you can't land here, and this looks like you can get through but actually you get stuck, and etc.

I enjoy reading about all the different types of fish, love the effort that went into creating their inventory icons, but... they are a problem, and you can't just polish it up and say it's acceptable because we don't need to save them for anything. Turning them in breaks up your session with irritating inventory management busywork, which we needed less of, not more.

Yeah and i would like to add that we have a boat (that also go on our bag), would be much better if the boat was sent to another tab or slot like a bag and we could store the fish in the boat... (that would also make more sense)
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I hate fishing..... why not bring a monster battle arena in where we can bet on who will win. That would be fun....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User

I hate fishing..... why not bring a monster battle arena in where we can bet on who will win. That would be fun....

This is NOT a First person Shooter... we need other things to do not just pew pew...
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    swirve#6429 swirve Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Who is this weaver troll...all i ever see is him trying to start arguments for the sake of it.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    LOL, now STO just added ice fishing, those fish look like Juju fish candy, you can hit with it as melee weapon.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    @weaver936 I was not asking for a player vs monster arena, I was asking for a betting arena where you gamble on which monster will win vs another before watching them fight each other.

Win and you earn rp to refine new relics. Much more entertaining...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    taht would be interesting. Fight Club NW!! :D
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided