test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any AD quest rewards in Storm King's Campaign?

josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
Since I started this one late I thought I'd ask the people who have "finished" the campaign if there are any quests in Storm King's Thunder that reward Astral Diamonds? My invoke "bonus AD" is racking up a bit since all my game time is currently purely devoted to that campaign to the exclusion of all others.
If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!

Comments

• qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    No, none of the quests for Storm King's Thunder give AD as a reward. All you can do is keep running the six weekly quests in the other zones that give 4.5k AD each. Oh, and of course find time for skirmishes and dungeons which still pay out AD and salvage.

Like you, most of my time is given over to completing the SKT campaign. I am taking three characters through it and am now within sight of finishing it with only the final boon still required on all of them. They will all have hit the required Reputation in the next five days but the big holdup is the Ostorian Secrets. Two will hit the target in the next seven days while the last one still has ten days left to go. Then it will be bye bye SKT...at least until this new, big water based add-on appears :s
  • throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Really, my game must be broken as I thought 2 of the weeklies give ad as a reward from the SKT. Do not remember if the third does as I am a mindless robot by the time I do that one.

As for the campaign itself having a task for ad to consume your campaign currencys, nope not currently but do you really have any blood to spare? Also I could be way wrong but is the campaign window complete? The arrow pointing up to space and the recent dev interview leads me to belive we have more of this campaign coming. I could be way wrong and we something completely different who knows.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    throsbi said:

Really, my game must be broken as I thought 2 of the weeklies give ad as a reward from the SKT. Do not remember if the third does as I am a mindless robot by the time I do that one.

I will have to double check that on Monday when they become available again but I do not remember seeing or receiving any AD from them. I could be wrong :)
    throsbi said:

As for the campaign itself having a task for ad to consume your campaign currencys, nope not currently but do you really have any blood to spare? Also I could be way wrong but is the campaign window complete? The arrow pointing up to space and the recent dev interview leads me to belive we have more of this campaign coming. I could be way wrong and we something completely different who knows.

Not in any hurry to see the next phase of this campaign. I'm quite looking forward to taking a break from the whole area once I finish meeting the requirements for the fifth and final boon on all three of my characters. Wandering around the bleak Bryn Shander landscape farming for relics is something I will have no difficulty living without for at least a couple of months >:)

• josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    Thanks guys, didn't notice AD from the weeklies either. Maybe they'll introduce an AD quest in the next segment of Storm King's Thunder. I can only pray it does not involve fishing. :tongue:
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    Weeklies really should have AD reward. Or at least one of them to balance with the other campaigns. I fear that will have to wait until next mod now
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    We didn't get one with underdark...only with the maze engine. So if they follow the same pattern should get one with Sea Of Ice.
    did not get a daily with underdark but got an ad task in campaign correct?

I really did try to remember to check the rewards for the new campaing weekly but robot mode was already activated. I think they did not give AD just blood/rep/something else and idk o well maybe next week I will remember to remember.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I assure you SKT doesn't award rough AD from any quests.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Going out on a limb here and thinking that we might get the single AD weekly at the end of the next update.
  • kevros62kevros62 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    six weekly with ad rewards ether my brain went loopy and i'm forgetting one or I been missing it since day one. I come up with 5
    shand, dread ring,Wod, Iwd, and the maze. witch one am I missing?
    Portal to Tuern

Neverwinter Census 2017

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    ^ portal, which is from ToD. That one breaks the idea that its a precedent. Underdark broke precedent in fact.
    Ok, the brains not too loopy then I've never been to that one yet didn't know the portal to Tuern gave up Ad
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    You get it from Harper in Protector's Enclave. The longest part of that weekly is the ride over to the Harper to get the quest and then turn it in when done.
    lol, that bad ?
    well must have something that has to be done before it will let you have it, that I have not done yet. And I have a lot of them scattered all over.so much to do so little time to get it done in lol
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    everyday quest from bruenor gives little rad aswell
  • carl103carl103 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    well must have something that has to be done before it will let you have it, that I have not done yet. And I have a lot of them scattered all over.so much to do so little time to get it done in lol

Complete the tyranny of dragon campaign.
    Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

https://github.com/nilsbrummond/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin
    arcanjo86 said:

everyday quest from bruenor gives little rad aswell

I forgot about this one and started doing it again. Takes less time than a dungeon speed run but small reward, but still a nice lil bit :)
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I'm OK with a 'current campaign' not rewarding AD. It's about the extra campaign currency when it's fresh.

Older campaign weeklies - there really isn't a reason to run them, so the AD becomes the reason to go back.

As long as at least one (preferably all 3) weeklies switch to AD rewards come mid 11, I'll be happy.
    cdnbison said:

As long as at least one (preferably all 3) weeklies switch to AD rewards come mid 11, I'll be happy.

Conversely, I am happy with weekly quests that can be 100% ignored with no need to revisit them for either AD or the bottomless SH coffer. I can barely find time to do them now while attempting to work on the campaign (and mostly failing).

Neverwinter Census 2017

• cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    But that's the point of the AD reward - you run the current weeklies to advance the current campaign. That campaign advancement is the carrot to do them. The old ones wouldn't get much play without some sort of carrot, hence the AD.