Install Arc
Options

Greetings from the Mimic King

123457»

Comments

• Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    groglast said:

Is the mimicking still around....? Silent through keygate.

No, he doesn't care and never did. Any statement to the contrary is proven false by a 51 page (and counting) thread where he is absent.
    *54 pages ^_^ still... the ostrich is still diggin' deep for worms with its head buried beneath the ground
  • Options
    swirve#6429 swirve Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Itll take a significant number of whales leaving, existing playerbase and a reduction in new blood to provoke any response i guess.
  • Options
    tankmaister#5354 tankmaister Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Think I can speak with voices of many when I say that @mimicking#6533 we are deeply disappointed to all the devs here on forums. I see people posting about this key issue in several threads and yet we get ignored. Shame!
  • Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User

Think I can speak with voices of many when I say that @mimicking#6533 we are deeply disappointed to all the devs here on forums. I see people posting about this key issue in several threads and yet we get ignored. Shame!

Apparently nobody cares about our disappointment.
    Same as with the MOD 6 changes.

Many people on preview said it was gonna kill the player base, and guess what happened....
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User

Itll take a significant number of whales leaving, existing playerbase and a reduction in new blood to provoke any response i guess.

Yes, it will take a drastic reduction to fix anything in game.
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    You arrived back here with much fanfare and hope for a new beginning to breathe fresh life in this game, you indicated QOL changes, well lets see what you have got. The first QOL change we see is a negative one, time to list and roll out your QOL improvements imho!
  • Options
    joahalexjoahalex Member Posts: 28 Arc User

And the other thing is, for lack of a better term, an emotional attachment to how the game makes us or made us feel, particularly back "when we launched". The sense of wonder, adventure, and heroism. Unveiling the stories. I think @commanderander is a smashing storyteller when he has room to push the limits of what you can do in an MMO and with this engine. He's the content designer with whom we've had the most direct content, so he gets to be our example, but he's done some great work. The Maze Engine story quests seemed universally well-received. He's really skilled at commingling humour and weight. But so much is buried and lost in grinding. Farming yet another bucket of RP stones doesn't feel very heroic, but the game is increasingly built around grind your equipment, grind your boons, and just when you think you're done, go back and grind the same stuff because your stronghold needs about a million times as much grinding as your characters ever did. You loved your alts? How unfortunate for you....

I think you said you worked on Ebon Downs (among others), and I have to say, the village was heartbreaking if you were immersed in it. So many lives lost, and the haunted and haunting remnants there to be uncovered. The quest with relighting the hearth fires was exemplary. The ghosts, the snapshots of moments of joy and grief, and knowing that we'll never actually know what we're witnessing. This kind of experience is what drew many of us in the first place. But it's been so lacking for so long.

There are a lot of us that care about stories, or did before so much other "must-do" stuff got dumped on our heads.

And yeah, Foundry. Stories again.

Ditto what beckylunatic said.
    I like what you say. We will see what happens.

Welcome!
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    joahalex said:

And the other thing is, for lack of a better term, an emotional attachment to how the game makes us or made us feel, particularly back "when we launched". The sense of wonder, adventure, and heroism. Unveiling the stories. I think @commanderander is a smashing storyteller when he has room to push the limits of what you can do in an MMO and with this engine. He's the content designer with whom we've had the most direct content, so he gets to be our example, but he's done some great work. The Maze Engine story quests seemed universally well-received. He's really skilled at commingling humour and weight. But so much is buried and lost in grinding. Farming yet another bucket of RP stones doesn't feel very heroic, but the game is increasingly built around grind your equipment, grind your boons, and just when you think you're done, go back and grind the same stuff because your stronghold needs about a million times as much grinding as your characters ever did. You loved your alts? How unfortunate for you....

I think you said you worked on Ebon Downs (among others), and I have to say, the village was heartbreaking if you were immersed in it. So many lives lost, and the haunted and haunting remnants there to be uncovered. The quest with relighting the hearth fires was exemplary. The ghosts, the snapshots of moments of joy and grief, and knowing that we'll never actually know what we're witnessing. This kind of experience is what drew many of us in the first place. But it's been so lacking for so long.

There are a lot of us that care about stories, or did before so much other "must-do" stuff got dumped on our heads.

And yeah, Foundry. Stories again.

Ditto what beckylunatic said.
    I like what you say. We will see what happens.

Welcome!
    Thumbs up for Beckylunatic here too. Ebon Downs had an amazing storyline. Going trough the mounds and unraveling the whole tragic story behind was great too. D&D is all about stories.

But what happened if you were bitten in Ebon Downs?

Zombie
    caricare immagini

Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    @mimicking#6533
    It would be nice to see all of your projected future projects for neverwinter.
    Or livestream your dev meetings.

You don't have to talk to us directly... just let us see and hear what's going on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    New thread created in general discussion.
    (Edited out by user)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!