test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Foundry Tuesday Reminder

hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
Just a little note here to remind the devs ( @strumslinger ?) that tomorrow is "Foundry Update Day". Any chance on some new Featuring?
Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured

Comments

• Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I've held off on submitting the Harper Chronicles quest until there are a few more follow-up quests from other authors, so that there is more continuity to keep players' attention. But that doesn't mean others can't get their chance....
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I'm going to be honest and say I haven't been doing this at all due to time constraints on my end. I need to either get that removed or have it be once a month rather than every week.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I think that Monthly would be a good move. There are some Foundry achievements that need a quest or certain number of quests to be featured. If it's possible to keep them featured for the entire month, that would probably help some of the newer authors receive achievements that the older ones were able to attain in a week's worth of feature.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    dev stream where you play the 3 drowned shore entries? ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I'm going to be honest and say I haven't been doing this at all due to time constraints on my end. I need to either get that removed or have it be once a month rather than every week.

Featuring quests is fundamental if you're not prepared to admit that Foundry is 100% unsupported and the achievements are just there to be shiny and unobtainable at this point.

Better to do it monthly than never.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    I'm still confused as to how supporting the foundry became PWE's job and not Cryptic's job? Odd.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I'm still confused as to how supporting the foundry became PWE's job and not Cryptic's job? Odd.

I guess just because it's always been a thing the CM does, and the CM is a PWE employee. Featuring player-generated quests is one way of interacting with the community, after all.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    If the last couple weeks haven't made it painfully clear that this game is dealing with a significant lack committed resources, then I don't know what would.

Releasing to PS4 was a bad idea, as they already new resources were light. Hard to not see it as a pure money grab for a dying product.
  • Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited September 2016

Yep, better to do it monthly than never.

Anyways, with the lack of population nowadays, it's nearly impossible to get any foundry achievement.

NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options

Yep, better to do it monthly than never.

Anyways, with the lack of population nowadays, it's nearly impossible to get any foundry achievement.

Earlier this week I spent a couple of nights completely reworking the lighting in the last map of my quest (because the postprocessing setting was making it WAY too dark when checked). Sometimes I wonder why I bother, but I guess I just haven't given up yet. I'm partway through another quest, and to be honest with today's state of the Foundry it's really hard to get motivated.
  • Options

I guess just because it's always been a thing the CM does, and the CM is a PWE employee. Featuring player-generated quests is one way of interacting with the community, after all.
    Yeah but said PWE employee is also working on Xbox, PS4, Livelock, Go Gigantic, etc.. How much time does he get for the PC Foundry anymore? .. Basically what I'm saying is, PWE isn't going to keep the Foundry alive, where's Cryptic?

Does Cryptic have any intention of keeping Neverwinter alive? or have they already moved on to other projects too?

Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    Tap, tap, tap...

Hey @strumslinger , it's Tuesday; the first Tuesday of the month!

HAPPY TUESDAY!