What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some things to know about Fangbreaker

13»

Comments

• Options
    carl103carl103 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Dear asterdahl, you feel like you could also wanna apologize for the fact that FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME a miniboss and LAST boss can be bugged so people are once again farming like crazy with no actual effort the first T3 dungeon of this game? Why this repeated mockery? It is NOT a random bug, dont insult our intelligence, again..

Warning, warning, HAMSTER detected...
    Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

https://github.com/nilsbrummond/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin
  • Options
    gleichgewichtnwgleichgewichtnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    urabask said:

GF more Damage than the CW? I do less damage then the DC sometimes. ^^

He's renegade (probably MoF) in that screenshot so it shouldn't be much of a surprise.

So its the new hard dungeon and tactic is still "burn them down as fast you can with the most dps you can"?

Should you take a lame def/support tank with you since ITF got nerfed?

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

urabask said:

GF more Damage than the CW? I do less damage then the DC sometimes. ^^

He's renegade (probably MoF) in that screenshot so it shouldn't be much of a surprise.

So its the new hard dungeon and tactic is still "burn them down as fast you can with the most dps you can"?

Should you take a lame def/support tank with you since ITF got nerfed?

Sume's GF (the 1 in that picture) is built as a tactician gf. Whilst the runs with a Conq GF seem to have the potential to be faster, the ones with the tactician are a lot smoother and over all, I preferred them.
  • Options
    itblsitbls Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User

rinat's video is legit.Crusaders did it ,kudos to a good team.

What i keep from this thread:

1.Crusaders done it with a well geared group with a good portion of effort given.Video provided.

2.Others also done it,claim it is easy ,very easy but no video.Not even a screenshot to see party's composition.I want to see if there is a SW there.Sw is a fine class :)I enjoy to see them play :)

3.Others find it unbeatable

4.One warns that the SW uses a bug to pass through.i suspect which is but i abide to the rules of the forum and i will not indicate anything.

----------------------------

2 and 4 might have a relation to each other,maybe not..who knows?I don't say or indicating anything ,we all know how honourable Nw community is. :)

Here is a video for you.
    https://youtu.be/vMwKqssd_dQ
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Come on folks, this doesn't represent 95% of the community, most people don't run HP, HV and KC in the same party, therefore any feedback of the dungeon being "easy" or too fast is simply invalid. You can do a super quick run without these sets in 30 - 35 minutes, any less than that you're most likely using something that most people don't have and shouldn't have. At the very least mention you're using the sets when you post bragging screenshots and whatever else you're using when you post so you don't give off the feeling that everybody else is incompetent or just not as good if they run it in 3 hours, 2 hours or 1 hour.

Kudos to whoever completes the dungeon and understands the mechanics, you're all champs!
  • Options
    greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    300% damage multiplier? Not sure how that works, but it seems reminiscent of a certain GF skill that just got a 0 knocked off the end of it... :)

Maybe I need to read up on MoF Rene in your guide. My CWs gear isn't the greatest so maybe changing to more if a support build would help speed our runs up a bit.
  • Options
    jeffsliderjeffslider Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 112 Arc User
    rinat114 said:

Come on folks, this doesn't represent 95% of the community, most people don't run HP, HV and KC in the same party, therefore any feedback of the dungeon being "easy" or too fast is simply invalid. You can do a super quick run without these sets in 30 - 35 minutes, any less than that you're most likely using something that most people don't have and shouldn't have. At the very least mention you're using the sets when you post bragging screenshots and whatever else you're using when you post so you don't give off the feeling that everybody else is incompetent or just not as good if they run it in 3 hours, 2 hours or 1 hour.

Kudos to whoever completes the dungeon and understands the mechanics, you're all champs!

^ This. At least mention if you're running that you're using the old lvl 60 sets. People may see your vids and believe the dungeon is that straightforward, queue and get smacked around. I just watch the vids to make sure, The DC for sure seems to be using the HP set but that's all to say really. You should note that some of the old sets are into play in these 'speed runs.'
  • Options
    archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    Lia brings up a valid point, and I am inclined to agree. Certain items were designed for lvl 60 content and lvl 60 power levels and are (in my opinion) over-performing in lvl 70 content. As such when considering the balance of current level content these should not be taken into account when reporting feedback.

That being said even without items/powers/combinations that are over-performing we've completed the dungeon in 30-35 minutes.

Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

• Options
    I wasn't bragging ( not sure if that comment was directed to me as well ) I just provided a video like he asked and that wasn't even a speed run. Also these lvl 60 sets don't provide survivability that actually makes the run easy. So far from what I've experience... OP tank, DC buff, GF buff with KV, Cw rene/debuff, and 1 DPS class would be best for fangbreaker. You don't need the sets at all to do it under 30m if someone actually trys and knows what they doing.
    These sets also just don't magically make you beat fangbreaker. It all depends on the players gameplay experience. I ran with a a different group that had these exact sets and beat fangbreaker in 56m. Not everyone plays the same or have the same build.
    If anyone still skeptical about beating fanbreaker under 30m with out these lvl 60 sets I can provide another gameplay video if you like.
    Since day 1 of preview test I knew people would be complaining how hard the dungeon is. In fact sharp himself said it was hard the first day he played it. People really just need to learn how to play and pay attention to the boss mechanics.
    Anyone who still dosn't get how the boss mechanics work should look at this guide below.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1221760/the-ultimate-crusaders-fangbreaker-island-guide-manual-video-walkthrough
  • Options
    uzalauzala Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Those old sets are least of the problem atm, since its rather marginal number of people using them, let alone utilise multiple of them in one group. Biggest issue is with poor SW's who can and are breaking the entire mechanic of the boss fights with yet another bug.
    Using clever setups is rather cool and cryptic don't seem to mind the power of the old sets(at the cost of survivability).
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    itbls said:

I wasn't bragging ( not sure if that comment was directed to me as well ) I just provided a video like he asked and that wasn't even a speed run. Also these lvl 60 sets don't provide survivability that actually makes the run easy. So far from what I've experience... OP tank, DC buff, GF buff with KV, Cw rene/debuff, and 1 DPS class would be best for fangbreaker. You don't need the sets at all to do it under 30m if someone actually trys and knows what they doing.
    These sets also just don't magically make you beat fangbreaker. It all depends on the players gameplay experience. I ran with a a different group that had these exact sets and beat fangbreaker in 56m. Not everyone plays the same or have the same build.
    If anyone still skeptical about beating fanbreaker under 30m with out these lvl 60 sets I can provide another gameplay video if you like.
    Since day 1 of preview test I knew people would be complaining how hard the dungeon is. In fact sharp himself said it was hard the first day he played it. People really just need to learn how to play and pay attention to the boss mechanics.
    Anyone who still dosn't get how the boss mechanics work should look at this guide below.
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1221760/the-ultimate-crusaders-fangbreaker-island-guide-manual-video-walkthrough

I don't think either of you understand the fundamental flaws of such a dungeon design, however, even if he doesn't seem to completely get it, I'm with Rinat on this one. This dungeon has been designed with buffs stacking in mind - the average "30 mins playtime" is a testimony of that when there's over 1 billion damage to deal during the run. This is just wrong. The devs refused to address this long-standing issue for three years and now come up with that solution. But if you read all of the fangbreaker threads, this solution is not exactly the most successful. This is an entertainment company, if a design makes 5 people only happy then there's something wrong and they have to find another way.

What you don't realize is that it takes a tremendous amount of social magics to gather a team of people who have a chance at defeating any of the bosses, even for people who play the game every day. I have asked to, begged or encouraged almost everyone in my friendlist to either work on the requirements or try to be available between the daily grinds to run this thing. We're talking about a rather significant number of active people. The results were quite disappointing, in spite of the resources I have access to. And now I am somehow supposed to form the optimal buff stacking party? This is insane. This thread should be a red flag for the devs: even if the content being trivial is indeed a major problem, this is NOT the way they should address pve balance issues. If anything, buffs should be a nice and desired addition, but certainly not making everything 3 to 4 times faster.
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    Dont know whats the prob.
    if you cant beat fbi go run other dungeons and Come back when u feel rdy.
    There are plenty of easy dungeons out there and now that we finally get a more challenging one u all start complaining. Rofl.
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Has anyone thought about increasing (dps) resistance ignore for this dungeon? its t3 dungeon right? t3 means mobs and bosses have more resisntance to damage, is this a good thought?
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    rinat114 said:

I think without the sets you can beat the dungeon in 23-27 minutes, with the sets you can push it down to at the absolute fastest, maybe 17 minutes. For our fastest runs, it has taken us a lot of co-ordination to figure out how to cut down on time without wiping the party. It is like walking on a knife's edge.

300% damage multiplier? Not sure how that works, but it seems reminiscent of a certain GF skill that just got a 0 knocked off the end of it... :)

Maybe I need to read up on MoF Rene in your guide. My CWs gear isn't the greatest so maybe changing to more if a support build would help speed our runs up a bit.

Its debuff stacking. On MoF rene you can stack a lot of small debuffs that total to around that percentage.
    Post edited by thefabricant on
  • Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited September 2016

rinat114 said:

I think without the sets you can beat the dungeon in 23-27 minutes, with the sets you can push it down to at the absolute fastest, maybe 17 minutes. For our fastest runs, it has taken us a lot of co-ordination to figure out how to cut down on time without wiping the party.It is like walking on a knife's edge.
    A GF guildie of mine reported his best run: ~ 30 mins to complete the dungeon, improving his performance every new run.
    I just entered the new dungeon yesterday evening for the first time, joining two different well equipped parties.
    The main problems were:
    - understanding the boss mechanics: they are well documented, so I think it's just a matter of gaining experience.
    - the coordination when I play with people I don't know. This is tricky, but on the long run I expect that a shared understanding will emerge and some mechanisms will become more common. It always happens when a new dungeon is released. That's why I struggled to find the right setup: as a DC there were some questions without easy answers when I tried to adapt my playstyle to support the teams in the most efficient way.

All in all, it's just a matter of time.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Freedom let's face it, with 2 tanks in a party and judging by your dead paladin on the floor, he just took a Call of Winter for the team because you all ignored the mechanics of the fights and just burned through (since you can, with such composition), hence survivability
    isn't even an issue, 99% of the hits in the dungeon will one shot a CW whether they're wearing HV or the very best BIS set. It's a poor excuse to say that you're risking yourself while wearing level 60 sets so that makes it fine and the feedback valid - it's not. The same goes to preview testing, any feedback provided while wearing those is just not accurate and won't present a clear picture of what the dungeon really is and how difficult it may or may not be for the regular endgame group.
  • Options
    I was not in that pally run. As for lvl 60 sets I really don't care whether my group is using or not. I only care if they are bad or not. If didn't care I would be pugging all day. As for why it would be best to include a pally is for things like call of the winter like you mention. Theirs times when someone brakes the ice shards by accident. A pally can take one for the team and save us with bubble instead of restarting the entire boss fight again. I mean common who wouldn't do that for the team and also Aura of Courage with buffs makes everything melt.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    If another video is posted, please, whoever is recording it, knock it off with the constant jumping. It's REALLY annoying when you're trying to learn something from the video.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited September 2016

Hustin, the manticore totally sucks if you're an HR. You get away to use longstrider and then if it uses the cone attack you have no way to get out in time and neither dodge nor Fox will save you from the dot which will melt you. I can outheal it if I can get close and lifesteal on Plant Growth, if not I'm dead. Stay close to the beast and things get better. Yesterday I tanked it from 20% to zero after our tank died and it was easier then trying to use longstrider.

By the way Gushing Wound + Careful Attack pull a lot of aggro so if your tank is not keeping aggro tightly you'll face huge problems at the second boss too as it will wild slam all the time if you move out of range and then melt everything. Once again stay close and Fox will help you a lot.

I played on my HR and just like any other dungeon, if there is enough tanking/heals/buffs/debuffs, opting to use longstrider for faster damage output is the best, but if your teammates(or you) get downed a lot, then slotting fox is an easy fix in the manticore fight. you will most likely have permanent fox if you are a trapper, just with your dps toned down a bit.
  • Options
  • Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    I've run FBI three times between two characters. The two runs on my DC were fails at dragon turtle (slam attack buff stacking issues = 1 hit to the tank). The third run was on my 4k TR with a party all at 3.8k+ IL, consisting of 2 healer/buffers, a tank, a GWF and my rogue. It took us around 2 hours to complete the run and we had to swap out the GF for an OP at Drufi to finish (her lovely blast AOE hurts when the ice is all gone),

I think a lot of what causes so much strife for people with this dungeon is that they expect to be able to meet the 3.1k requirement and finish it like most other dungeons - just blast through with DPS and a tank to take agro. But it really doesn't work that way for Fangbraker. I've not seen a team consisting of people just over the IL cap get through the whole dungeon as yet. Most of the parties I see finishing in good time tend to be well geared or using DC and GF/OP buffs to greatest affect (parties with multiple tanks, multiple dcs)
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    @thefabricant : the run with Sume's GF, you and Azeroth was definitely the smoothest I had so far. 30 minutes without running and no wipes and that was before the latest fix to Wild Slam (which I think is still not working properly or has not been explained completely).
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80