test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AD tranfer

arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
I only have 1 account with 8 toons, and do rad every day to fill daily cap (36k rad) for each one of them, can i after done it, transfer ad to my main toon through zen exchange?

please help, i read a tread about it, but it got me confused,

ty @kreatyve @strumslinger @zebular

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    You can! Open the exchange on the character that has the Astral Diamonds you wish to send to your main. Look at the amount of Astral Diamonds you wish to send to your main. Divide that number by 100. So if you want to send 156000 AD to your main, you would then create a listing for 15600 at 100 AD per Zen. Then you go to the listings tab, and cancel the listing. You can cancel the listing on any of your characters, really, that part doesn't matter. After the listing is canceled, you then get on the character that needs the Astral Diamonds and you withdraw them.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    do i get banned for doing that? @kreatyve
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    arcanjo86 said:

do i get banned for doing that? @kreatyve

As long as you earned the Astral Diamonds in a legit manner without abusing any exploits, no you will not be banned for it. Those who try to say that you will/can be banned for it are 100% incorrect.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    i simple do 2xetos 2xkr every day or mutiple cn/etos and transfer salvage items to my toons, i thinks thats legit, + income from items sold in ah, so ill be fine :) thanks @kreatyve
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    Just be aware that you're limited to 5 active transactions at any one time in the exchange per account...so if you have more than 5 characters you'll have to go to the character you wish to transfer the AD to and cancel the pending transactions, then repeat until you've transferred from all the characters on your account.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited September 2016

Just be aware that you're limited to 5 active transactions at any one time in the exchange per account...so if you have more than 5 characters you'll have to go to the character you wish to transfer the AD to and cancel the pending transactions, then repeat until you've transferred from all the characters on your account.

Yes, but as @kreatyve pointed out you don't have to go to the "destination character" to cancel the listing.

I always cancel right away on the "source character" and the balance shows up available for withdrawal. I loop through all my characters this way, and then jump on my main once to withdraw. Or don't, leave it until one of your characters has a need for AD and you don't have to do this rigamarole again at that time. (Disclaimer: I have never lost any Zen or AD by leaving it in the ZaX balance, but I can't promise it won't happen.)

• Options
    dupeks said:

Yes, but as @kreatyve pointed out you don't have to go to the "destination character" to cancel the listing.

I always cancel right away on the "source character" and the balance shows up available for withdrawal. I loop through all my characters this way, and then jump on my main once to withdraw. Or don't, leave it until one of your characters as a need for AD and you don't have to do this rigamarole again at that time. (Disclaimer: I have never lost any Zen or AD by leaving it in the ZaX balance, but I can't promise it won't happen.)

Depending on how much AD I'm transferring (there is a limit of 5000 Zen you can request at once) I do this as well.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    If you have the game client open to one character (say, your "receiving" character), you can then use the Gateway (when, er, it's not offline......) to set up the "sending" transaction. Makes it a little easier - especially if you happen to have two monitors (which you should - I can't figure out how anyone does anything without multiple monitors). But, no - this is not an exploit, it's a well establish method of transferring AD across characters on a single account. I'm personally partial to using 50 AD per zen rather than 100, but the truth is any number under the current market price is fine. Probably 100 or less is best, just to be safe. Be sure you select BUY Zen rather than SELL Zen.

The main issue with cancelling and not withdrawing right away is that when you set up another buy order, it will first take from the Exchange balance before taking from your character balance, which can be confusing if you're not aware of what it's doing. I suggest, if you're not using the game + gateway method, that you max your transactions (5), then withdraw on your "receiving" character to get those AD out of the ZAX, then wash/rinse/repeat until you've got your AD consolidated. Saves mental math cycles that (unless you like that sort of thing - not judging, I happen to like math...) aren't necessary.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    ok ty guys/girls, those are helpfull tips. :* <3
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    I still can't figure out why they don't just give a seperate system for it instead of having to use ZAX. Or they could make the AD a common pool like Zen is.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    munchkinkittymunchkinkitty Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    that'll probably never happen, you'll just have to get used to doing it the time consuming way, it stinks.
    Brìgh gach cluiche gu dheireadh.
    Ó Treasigh GF
    Ó Murchadh GWF
    Ó Kermichil CW

Ó Pádruig TR
    Ó Dànaidh HR

Ó Fionnlagh DC
    Ó Amhlaidh SW
    Ó Naomhin OP

BLACK LOTUS
  • Options
    samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User

I still can't figure out why they don't just give a seperate system for it instead of having to use ZAX. Or they could make the AD a common pool like Zen is.

I don't understand why AD isn't just a common pool either, it would make total sense for it to be really. Then we wouldn't have to go through this ZAX stuff just to use our own diamonds!
    @samaka#2511
This discussion has been closed.