What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Future of the GF

13»

Comments

• Options
    boromir#3940 boromir Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Mark, the soft mark to be more accurate, upsets me. By comparison, the GWF gets this from the encounter Roar. The difference? For the GF it goes away right after an enforced threat if you are hit without shield up. The GWF just gets to keep the soft mark up for the encounter power's duration. I think we deserve the same.

Feats: the GF has no feats for this. The GWF has a feat in Sentinel that gives bonus damage to marked targets.

Suggestion: I would like to see a feat in each tree, not just one, concerning the soft Mark. Why? Because our RB gives a hard mark and thus is one of our priorities in a group fight. Not to mention, they are increasing the damage of enforced threat, but reducing affected targets, if memory serves.

Ex: in conquerer tree, bonus damage. In protector tree, enemy damage debuff. In tactician tree, bonus AP gain.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited September 2016

Just realized I used the words "at all" to describe the broken state of Villain's menace. I've not played pvp for going on 4 months now, but this should still be true. If I walk into a smoke bomb in the middle of a VM, I'll get dazed. Sometimes, roots apply, but not always.....and I've yet to figure that one out.

As for the pic. Yes the K/D ratios are pretty darn good on pc. But my statement still rings true in that there is an even mix of different types of toons on that top 25 list.

Drain glyphs may have gone by the waste side, but I always ran the anti drains regardless because, who wants to take chances.

Now for what I think is the reason 'some' GF's are represented in an OP fashion in pvp by way of K/D ratio.

A little backstory first. There are names on Xbox that every high IL GF knows. I met Andrew Las Vegas on Destiny before neverwinter was even released on Xbox. He's been #1 in pvp for awhile....top 5 anyways. I almost always run pugs because sometimes I can get Abrams, Proteus or another top player to 1v1 me. I usually lose, but it's no big deal as I enjoy the challenge more than fighting over node #2 for way too long. After 2 rotations I had Andrew at half health and he'd barely taken 10% of mine. Basically, it's he who gets the BC gets the Anvil, and we all know this......He jumps 3 times and runs back to his group as to say gg.

After further review, he is spec'd for being awesome while in his group....one might say unbeatable.

What I'm getting at, is that premades almost always consist of 'roughly' the same group composition...GF, DC, 2 TR's and a HR with slight variations. Dunks, buffs, heals and roots. With all of those synergies going on, I'm hard pressed to believe that the top GF's are just running around solo and killing at will, with little to no recourse on that bad decision. The 1v1 is rare......in a premade.....and premades are what all of the top pvp people run. Now I know I just said "all" again, grain of salt guys.

That's enough pvp talk for me on a thread that's here for discussing feats, powers and class features.

There are allways some skilled player who do better than others, but I can 100% assure you that mod 6-9 soloqueing was dominated by GF, no other class.
    >30k power, moderate crit, and arp, ITF+BC+AoD or ITF+KC+BC using animation canceling, most run SM-conqueror, one top GF runs IV.
    Block a bit, using shield talent + shield warriors wrath, mark your target maybe use ToI if possible by time.
    PoP wheel of elements, Villains menace, ITF, ... Bullcharge + some at wills or AoD if no KC slotted.... done.
    AS said, PC is not xbox, things are different, so discussing xbox experiences in PC forum may be misleading.
    In mod 10 things are more balanced for sure.
  • Options
    boromir#3940 boromir Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Class forums are no longer split between pc, Xbox or PlayStation. It's a free for all. The guy who started this post is on Xbox. I'm in the right place.

If you want to complain about GF's in pvp, then I suggest you find one of the many threads about that exact subject. Maybe the pvp threads? It's really popular in the GWF threads too. Actually, the longest thread that I've ever seen is about GF complaining. Fray to be exact. It's been done and is far from the purpose of this thread.
  • Options
    stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    Actually, the longest thread that I've ever seen is about GF complaining. Fray to be exact. It's been done and is far from the purpose of this thread.

LOL, most were people saying it was a good nerf and chiming in like this, AKA not GF's.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    stark760 said:

Actually, the longest thread that I've ever seen is about GF complaining. Fray to be exact. It's been done and is far from the purpose of this thread.

LOL, most were people saying it was a good nerf and chiming in like this, AKA not GF's.

It actually was a good change and I would do similar changes to the buffs on all classes as well as the debuffs and I say that as someone maining a support CW with a DC as primary alt. Buffs and debuffs are far too powerful in the game at the moment and they need to be toned down, to bring proper difficulty back into this game.
  • Options
    indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    @stark760

Its a good nerf and I've mained a GF since day 5 of xb1 NW. And as Fab said, by tuning this one skill, they are able to largely rebalance the whole PvE meta. A concrete fray value also incentivizes building for other stats that aren't just raw HP.

The change is a welcome one, but i still feel TRs need some balancing done over any other class come mod11. Shocking Execution and Smoke Bomb have got me to quit pvp all together.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
  • Options
    greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    I was initially very opposed to the ItF nerf after spending so much time and resources tooling for max defense, but I'm actually impatient to get it now.

After the initial pain to my diamond supply I'm completely reworked for a full dps spec, but with just enough stat points to hit 80% DR. It's very fun doing better than average damage with the flexibility to put my Shield up; let Paranoia and my perfect Negation stack; and, be an adequate tank.

It makes the fact that I got my very first +5 ring so very bittersweet though... It's Rising Defense and I have absolutely ZERO need for it now. Before I wouldve given my first born for that ring, but it's now useless to me. :(. Maybe I'll put it on my GWF, since he gets Power from Defense. Lol oh the irony!
  • Options
    stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    indylol said:

@stark760

Its a good nerf and I've mained a GF since day 5 of xb1 NW. And as Fab said, by tuning this one skill, they are able to largely rebalance the whole PvE meta. A concrete fray value also incentivizes building for other stats that aren't just raw HP.

The change is a welcome one, but i still feel TRs need some balancing done over any other class come mod11. Shocking Execution and Smoke Bomb have got me to quit pvp all together.

Exactly. The changes to GF are not that bad, although many had their entire build around ITF. Many guild mates have already given up even trying/playing PVP, due to icewind dales small taste of the TR. The original poster is absolutely correct.
  • Options
    theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    The problem was not what they did. The problem lyes whats still inside the class. Every video I have shown, every point I have made, and every single bit of information I have put in all add's up the point I am trying to make. The constant moves missing, feats both heroic and paragon being very bad, the mark needing a complete rework, and so much more need to be completely reworked. I have personally asked M.K @mimicking#6533 to investigate this post and he said he will taking a look at it. All we can do is wait and see what will be announced next on preview and news.
    Post edited by theguiido on
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter