test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.61.20160515pa.26

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Take a break from your adventures and view the patch notes for our maintenance on 8/23.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/neverwinter/news/detail/10131873-patch-notes:-nw.61.20160515pa.26

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    pichi#2793 pichi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    At what time, please? Ídem others days?
  • Options
    darkakealdarkakeal Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I see they are opening up pirates retreat but what about the broken dungeons I didn't see anything about fixing them
  • Options
    targetmaster#1575 targetmaster Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    No fix for the broken dungeons is disappointing. Been over a month now. Stability and performance fixes are very welcome though.
  • Options
    mediamousemediamouse Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    What about the change to the characters with beards? Has anyone addressed this? Characters beards have changed color and no longer match their hair. Also the quest "common cause" from Harper Bower in Protectors enclave is glitched, it sometimes will not allow the last item to be completed. I have ended up dropping this quest and repeating all the steps and then I get to the last one and once again it will not allow me to do the last step of the quest.
  • Options
    zheng#6107 zheng Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    Not really sure how I am suppose to feel about this, players should be grateful about stability patch and the crash fix bug, but people ps4 players are shafted on the new contents and the invisible aoe in epics still. How much content delayed is long enough compared to PC/box? A month? 6 month? A year? It took them only a few days to put out dragon keys on the zen market. There is no my even a expected update in site for the major stuff
  • Options
    frostreever#9329 frostreever Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Fixing those stability issues eh?
  • Options
    danimaltastic#2712 danimaltastic Member Posts: 8 Arc User

What about the change to the characters with beards? Has anyone addressed this? Characters beards have changed color and no longer match their hair. Also the quest "common cause" from Harper Bower in Protectors enclave is glitched, it sometimes will not allow the last item to be completed. I have ended up dropping this quest and repeating all the steps and then I get to the last one and once again it will not allow me to do the last step of the quest.

If the final quest is to complete an area dungeon, join someone else's group and let them open the door for you. It will finish the quest when you complete it. Not sure about the beards though, but I swear my tiefling girl's skin color is way more red than I intended it to be. As for the epic dungeons. Shame.
  • Options
    mogwhiimogwhii Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Seems to me that all the biggest problems are being ignored..ie.. fixing the dungeons and all the things that really matter to on one..ie.. your horse making proper sound is being addressed wtf!! As for some who has spent a fair amount on this game i really find this unexcuseable. I know they will not recieve another dollar from me till this is fixed and soon i will just be leaving for something else. No point playing a game when half the endgame content is broke and is refused to be fixed
  • Options
    pugking#3977 pugking Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Still no dungeon fix?! Endgame is gonna bleed even more players as they are stuck doing nothing but dailies.
    Lorka Loveblood - I've got the pretty dress
  • Options
    firosafirosa Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    is the text chat tweak direct to chat typing? I hope so.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    dungeons.. come on and vote to kick.. these are important things. pls tell us the devs know about them and are working on it?

Mod deleted weird empty space that made the comment take more room than it should.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
  • Options
    herrig#7185 herrig Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I am max lvl and cant do dungeons thinking about quitting
  • Options
    hypergorila2hypergorila2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    A bonus Double Astral Diamond weekend has been added from August 25 - 29.
    Am I seeing this right? :o
  • Options
    nielss91#5784 nielss91 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Can the "epic artifact equipment" quest be fixed ? It constantly says i need to get the "seed of air" quest ... It's bugged
  • Options
    malfunction3000#5338 malfunction3000 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Removed mod edited comment.

Vote kicking? That exists already..
    Post edited by kreatyve on

Want to join the guild? PM Me (PSN:Malfunction-3000) or post here
  • Options
    terrordactyl#4367 terrordactyl Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    My guess is that the dungeons are fixed, but they missed it from the patch notes.

The reason I say this is because the devs said on Twitter last friday that the elite dungeon fix was very soon.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

My guess is that the dungeons are fixed, but they missed it from the patch notes.

The reason I say this is because the devs said on Twitter last friday that the elite dungeon fix was very soon.

I am thinking this as well, but waiting for Andy (StrumSlinger) to wake up in California to confirm.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    maldian2016#5908 maldian2016 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @nielss91#5784 said:
    > Can the "epic artifact equipment" quest be fixed ? It constantly says i need to get the "seed of air" quest ... It's bugged

I agree 100%... I have finished the quest and still bugged saying I need the seed of air quest... been there done that...
    Maldian Thornbow
    70 Trixster Rogue
    Dethroned

Facebook Profile
  • Options
    nexusbobbynexusbobby Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    eny FIX to Trade House ?? is bad BUG - cant BUY or Bid on eny ting if ther is lesh then 7min on it - cant even buy it out if lesh then 7min -- lots of ppl got same problem - c
  • Options
    foxx2psn#6980 foxx2psn Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    we should jump for joy with this update? no

I expect that will solve THE patch for crashes,disconnections,AD bugs, and sutpid broken dungeons!

the bug of the auction house is a true scam, you put an item, you will see 2 days after in AH, and you lose a lot of money, the ice beholder, I already lost 100k on this case(it is 500 k), it's a shame

• Options
    scooby609scooby609 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I am thinking this as well, but waiting for Andy (StrumSlinger) to wake up in California to confirm.
    Can we get a confirmation on this please???
    PSN: Scooby_609
  • Options
    jthomas45#7979 jthomas45 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I really had my fingers crossed for the dungeon fix..hopefully the performance improvement is significant enough to make me feel at least a little better about this patch
  • Options
    kyna2kyna2 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Get rid of the advertising spam in Enclave. Sick to death of trying to block them, again this block system is broke.
  • Options
    dovakin1973#0788 dovakin1973 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Progress fixing pirate king and the stability shows they are doing something to fix the game so probably won't be 2 long till fix the epic dungeons and demogorgon queue system.. like been said before it takes longer then u think 2 fix these issues
  • Options
    dovakin1973#0788 dovakin1973 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    That seed of air quest should of just been removed it's not bugged.. originally that was for a artifact weapon but they removed the reward for it 2 stop us completing quest instead of just removing quest completely
  • Options
    zachalzachal Member Posts: 1 New User
    And now the real Problems, still available:

FPS / Stutter
    Lags & Rubberbanding
    Epic Dungeons Bugged as hell

Omg! We can do the Pirate Dungeon now *sooo exiting so farm lvl 20 Items* happyclap
  • Options
    dkamutsovydkamutsovy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Only 99+ hours remaining for the 'patch' nearly 7Gb....
    *cough*

I'm beginning to think just erasing and redownloading will be faster.
  • Options
    catia#1206 catia Member Posts: 1 New User
    When will I be able to play again. I loaded the patch but still can't play.
  • Options
    aetherhund#7411 aetherhund Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    These patches are definitely a step in the right direction. Stability is important, and this game is a huge undertaking. Are there some other issues that need to be addressed? Absolutely. For example, I can't even use my GWF anymore because anytime I die (which at end game content is inevitable and often), my stamina will empty and not refill until I log. As half of my build is based on stamina, thus makes the toon unusable. But, the issues are being addressed. Programming is insanely difficult at this level. The devs have to be careful that fixing one thing doesn't break 3 others. That takes a ridiculous amount of planning, testing, and an obscene amount of hours coding, re-coding, and sometimes doing line by line checking. It's a ton of work and takes time. We have to be patient. The devs are doing everything they can, I'm sure, but like ER doctors, they have to triage the issues and fix what is affecting most users first. While there are many end game players, there are still more players using the regular game content, be they new players or just new tools. As a former game tester and project manager for a software company, I understand how much work is involved in fixing this stuff.

What I would really like to see, is a better bug reporting system and maybe a more comprehensive list of known bugs and issues, so that they could help the Neverwinter community understand what they know about and maybe what they are working on to fix. Either way, this company knows what they are doing. Being upset because the issues you are experiencing haven't been addressed yet is silly. The game is enormous, and spans shard servers all over the world. It's a fun game (though some of the pricing for Zen and add-ons are a bit steep), and works pretty damn well for as much content as they had to migrate to a completely different platform (which means lots of re-coding). Exercise some patience, and let's see what the next few months bring. The devs are working hard, and I'm sure more patches to address the issues will be out soon.
This discussion has been closed.