test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[XBOX] Bungie listened to it's players and will now offer private PvP ques, will PWE listen to us?

opalsunsopalsuns Member Posts: 124 Arc User
edited August 2016 in PvP Discussion
It was announced today that Destiny will be getting private PvP ques for players.

All we ask is to allow us the same feature for 5v5 domination. Strip away rewards for boons, diamonds, seals or glory and just let us have the option to have private matches.

This will work towards saving the game and bring back players who left.

We are tired of getting matched up with pugs and trying to q sync to get paired up with other premades who desire the same.

Please PWE listen to your player base. Give us the option to make private matches.
CW SS
opalsuns
Paragon Gaming

Post edited by opalsuns on

Comments

• Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    nice on the paper but it will not work here. top priority for most premades is avoid the strongest premades so they will rather continue stomping pugs. some guilds can use it, but overal much bigger impact for better pvp is solo que. seriously Cryptic where is it, we know about preview hints
  • Options
    joshrdajoker35joshrdajoker35 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Private match would be great for setting up PM vs PM. Honestly trying to Q sync is just about as fun as a punch in the junk. And as much as the pugs don't believe it we don't enjoy beating up on them.
  • Options

With a ranking system we would see the fake IL thing that was done by people to say 2ks can easily do dungeons. You can easily peel off useless stats to make your IL lower, while still being overpowered. There is always an incentive to do nothing at all. lol

That's why I said no rewards, this includes leaderboards.

Just a vanilla private que with zero incentives where the only incentives are the thrill of the match up.

CW SS
    opalsuns
    Paragon Gaming

• Options
    theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    @strumslinger @terramak @panderus @rgutscheradev they said to me on Twitter we would be able to do this in mod 9. (Which obviously wasnt true)This would solve a lot of the problem with syncing queues from top premades, even lesser premades. Which makes it better for the fact that no wise guy guild will dodge the queue, or make up some ****. Adding in additional rules like no ambush rings, no drains, certain classes, no 2 of 1 class, and so on and so fourth. I am totally with you opal on this since this game came out.

@vinceent1 Thats not true, sorry. Most premades with actual skill who run rainbows tend not to go after pugs. I don't think any top player nor a skilled premade goes around wanting to ruthlessly steamroll pugs all day. They don't find it fun, nor do they become any better at understanding and utilizing their class to the fullest potential.

What you're talking about are troll comps usually 2 of the same class and are in guilds with bad rep, or people who find it funny too go around killing pugs all day. This issue is still an issue with queue systems since mod 6. What they need to do is what I said and make PvP based upon enchantments, armor (Grim, Guild, Burning, Lionsmane/Masterwork) /tier of PvP, and ratio (Kills,Deaths,Assists) so you can match up against people of your similar adversary. I don't care what anyone says. That is the best way PvP can be balanced (MATCH UP AND QUEUE SYSTEM WISE) in this game.

Class balance, PvP modes, and Maps/lack of end-game content is a whoooole separate issue, which is 100% irrelevant from this topic, but fixing the queue system so it matches up players with people of similar skill, and creating private matches/queues, I believe is the first step in the right direction.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    theguiido said:

@strumslinger @terramak @panderus @rgutscheradev they said to me on Twitter we would be able to do this in mod 9. (Which obviously wasnt true)This would solve a lot of the problem with syncing queues from top premades, even lesser premades. Which makes it better for the fact that no wise guy guild will dodge the queue, or make up some ****. Adding in additional rules like no ambush rings, no drains, certain classes, no 2 of 1 class, and so on and so fourth. I am totally with you opal on this since this game came out.

@vinceent1 Thats not true, sorry. Most premades with actual skill who run rainbows tend not to go after pugs. I don't think any top player nor a skilled premade goes around wanting to ruthlessly steamroll pugs all day. They don't find it fun, nor do they become any better at understanding and utilizing their class to the fullest potential.

What you're talking about are troll comps usually 2 of the same class and are in guilds with bad rep, or people who find it funny too go around killing pugs all day. This issue is still an issue with queue systems since mod 6. What they need to do is what I said and make PvP based upon enchantments, armor (Grim, Guild, Burning, Lionsmane/Masterwork) /tier of PvP, and ratio (Kills,Deaths,Assists) so you can match up against people of your similar adversary. I don't care what anyone says. That is the best way PvP can be balanced (MATCH UP AND QUEUE SYSTEM WISE) in this game.

Class balance, PvP modes, and Maps/lack of end-game content is a whoooole separate issue, which is 100% irrelevant from this topic, but fixing the queue system so it matches up players with people of similar skill, and creating private matches/queues, I believe is the first step in the right direction.

of course they find it fun, almost everyone claiming he has fun, they are stomping pugs 95% of time. if they want to avoid it, they already find a way, its not that hard. but they dont care and everytime say, they have always fun at pvp
  • Options
    reddygo1reddygo1 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    It is really amazing how people say things like:
    "Do you know what will happend with a SoloQ system? Players from certain guilds will solo-but-sync-Q "
    "nice on the paper but it will not work here. top priority for most premades is avoid the strongest premades so they will rather continue stomping pugs"

Do you guys at least play PVP!?!?!?! ... So it's better now? with solo people fighting against premade, the insta GG, the trade cap?? It is better now!!??! Are you kidding me ...

The queue system have to be reworked, we need solo queue and premade queue, and that is a fact
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    we need solo que much more than that premade que

after playing two or more matches in a row against synergy at premade que, most premades just quit pvp or que for solo next time. premade que will die horrible death almost instantly
  • Options
    clonkyo1 said:

reddygo1 said:

It is really amazing how people say things like:
    "Do you know what will happend with a SoloQ system? Players from certain guilds will solo-but-sync-Q "
    "nice on the paper but it will not work here. top priority for most premades is avoid the strongest premades so they will rather continue stomping pugs"

Do you guys at least play PVP!?!?!?! ... So it's better now? with solo people fighting against premade, the insta GG, the trade cap?? It is better now!!??! Are you kidding me ...

The queue system have to be reworked, we need solo queue and premade queue, and that is a fact

I "stopped" (notice quotes) PvP at mod 4. I still play it but not as much as i used to for 2 reasons:

- No classes balance.
    - mechanics not open for everyone (SH boons, drains, etc) .

When i enter into PvP, i watch players from certain low rated guilds bully pugs but crying like babys when they face Absolute/Synergy as i saw on one of my lastest matches [what i find amusing is the fact that these players call me troll because i want to fight vs Absolute even when i'm guildless] . Anyway, what will happend with a SoloQ system is that bad PvP guilds will soloq but sync on Q to avoid Absolute/Synergy, whose will Q as a team, obviously; because they can't stand being bullied back as they do vs pugs and they will success because these kind of systems are designed to do so [always talking about SoloQ] : reward bad players while punishing good players.
    Reading your text and your arguments, it is still pretty obvious that with a new pvp queue system, the pvp will be better than now.
    Those arguments that you are giving are nothing compared to how the pvp is at this moment (premade vs pugs all time), low players leaving pvp becouse they can't even play it, "pro" players getting boring too (yes, it very boring go to pvp and just start trade capping). This need to be solved, should be the maximum priority
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    clonkyo1 said:

reddygo1 said:

Reading your text and your arguments, it is still pretty obvious that with a new pvp queue system, the pvp will be better than now.
    Those arguments that you are giving are nothing compared to how the pvp is at this moment (premade vs pugs all time), low players leaving pvp becouse they can't even play it, "pro" players getting boring too (yes, it very boring go to pvp and just start trade capping). This need to be solved, should be the maximum priority

Well, if you think that a "soloQ" will solve these problems and not class balance + tiers or equalized PvP... then, be my guest.
    LOL did i said that? actually i think pvp have many problems right now, all need to be solved. But the rework to the pvp queue has to be done and quickly.
    Ok and I'm out now.
    Pd: your argument saying that solo Q will not work becouse the people will sync is actually pretty ridiculous, it's pretty hard to sync the premades and you think people will sync solo Q? probably they will be on opposite team, etc, etc.
  • Options
    clonkyo1 said:

reddygo1 said:

LOL did i said that? actually i think pvp have many problems right now, all need to be solved. But the rework to the pvp queue has to be done and quickly.
    Ok and I'm out now.
    Pd: your argument saying that solo Q will not work becouse the people will sync is actually pretty ridiculous, it's pretty hard to sync the premades and you think people will sync solo Q? probably they will be on opposite team, etc, etc.

Think about it in this way: if right now, with the small PvP population the game has right now, you face premade almost all time, what do you think that will happend if a SoloQ system is implemented? Or is that do you really think that, after implementing a SoloQ system for PvP, its population will grown like mushrooms?? O_oUu
    grown like a mushrooms, yes
  • Options
    clonkyo1 said:

reddygo1 said:

Ok and I'm out now.

Think about it in this way: if right now, with the small PvP population the game has right now, you face premade almost all time, what do you think that will happend if a SoloQ system is implemented? Or is that do you really think that, after implementing a SoloQ system for PvP, its population will grown like mushrooms?? O_oUu
    I think your arguments are so wrong, it's amazing lol ... if you don't like play pvp OK, but please don't come here and bring those arguments man :S.
    Noone play pvp right now, becouse they can't. Because the unbalanced clases and mainly because the premades vs pugs. If you fix the queue system it is pretty obvious people will start enjoying pvp and will play pvp. It is just some logic man. So please don't writte those type of arguments man, i mean .. are you serious?
  • Options
    Wow did this get off topic.

My original post was about 5v5 domination and a desire to implement a private que system so 10 players can form two teams and be able to que into a private 5v5.

I do not care about a solo que.
    Nor is lack of a solo que the issue.

The main issue is a broken 5v5 que system.

Please read my original post and lets stick to topic about asking PWE to please give us a 5v5 private que.
    CW SS
    opalsuns
    Paragon Gaming

• Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    We have plans to try something out that may make this feel better.
  • Options
    "We have plans to try something out that may make this feel better."

@panderus Looking forward to hearing what you have in the works.

Please also give us more than two maps for 5v5 domination.

I am hopeful that you're really listening to the players here.
    CW SS
    opalsuns
    Paragon Gaming

• Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    panderus said:

Capture the flag, nyantype domination maps, cold drinks?
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    panderus said:

we were "promised" solo or duo que. hope its on the way, there were even hints on preview. yesterday was late, pvp is already wasteland of absurdity
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    "we were "promised" solo or duo que. hope its on the way, there were even hints on preview. yesterday was late, pvp is already wasteland of absurdity"

More important is fixing 5v5 domination imo.

I don't know anyone who are daily PvP players that premade that care about solo or due ques.

We would rather them fix domination 5v5 first. @panderus, please make this the priority for PvP. We are your biggest spenders of real money in this game. This is what we really want done first, not solo or due ques.
    CW SS
    opalsuns
    Paragon Gaming

• Options
    meowintonmeowinton Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    opalsuns said:

I don't know anyone who are daily PvP players that premade that care about solo or due ques.
    We would rather them fix domination 5v5 first. @panderus, please make this the priority for PvP. We are your biggest spenders of real money in this game. This is what we really want done first, not solo or due ques.

In order to fix 5v5s they would need to fix solo Qs too not only solo Qs but the whole Q system so it pairs ppl vs other Q's with a similar number of ppl in Q
  • Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    How about they make ALL of these options. private 5v5 lobbies, a solo que option so you only fight other solo que people and keep the regular dom que like it is. Problem solved!
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    opalsuns said:

"we were "promised" solo or duo que. hope its on the way, there were even hints on preview. yesterday was late, pvp is already wasteland of absurdity"

Its not. The bigget issue of pvp is almost only high geared premades play it daily. Its not a normal, its a problem. There are gazzilion players waiting for changes benefite for solo duo que so they will start play daily too. If more players play, it will diminish problem with power disparity between players, which is huge problem too and dont look like cryptic will ever do something with it. So bring more players to diminish most problems, athough private 5vs5 should be added too, i am just sceptic it will be used with daily gameplay, but its good for tournaments and other events