Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter needs more appealing fashion choises

2»

Comments

• Options
    nik#0550 nik Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Any chance to have swords crossed on the back - I am thinking to a TR but it could fit for other characters as well.

Examples:

Or in general more short swords available.
    It should be "fairly" easy to implement...

- Also PLEASE PLEASE allow us to edit more the look of the character. Meaning armor, mantle, cape, all possible aspects (if it is possible to ask). Most armors are amazing for some class but awkward from others. At the end of the day that character is always in the center of your screen. Let's make it unique ;)

Thanks.

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    As someone who spends way too much time try to dress up his virtual Barbie doll, I couldn't agree more with everything being said in this thread.

God help my wallet if Cryptic ever gets smart about selling fashion items.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    I agree with this.

I have been playing STO since it was released, and I was very disappointed with character customization here.
    I can live with the fact that you have to use a token to change appearance, but.. the costume choices are so limited.

And, even if there is a nice costume that comes out (South Seas) it sometimes is very difficult to get without paying through the nose in ADs.... :(

If they were added to the zen store or the t-bar store i wouldn't care either way.. just give us more choices... because some classes do look better in fashion than armor.
  • Options
    shiva79#6664 shiva79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited September 2016

God help my wallet if Cryptic ever gets smart about selling fashion items.

well, they know, how it could work
    i had 101 fashion slots in sto and never regret spending my zen for it
    was a mistery to me, why they didnt add something similar here.
    the whole system gets little dev love.
    enchants with terrible visuals, and no option to turn them off.
    lots of clipping when using different parts
    hair bleeding through hats
    list of flaws is endless.

biggest flaws for me are lack of variety and inventory hell.
    i for myself like the icewind stuff, while i never liked that asian emo style of aion, but tastes differ and thats fine.
    it would just be nice to get more variety, so more tastes get satisfied
    when considering, that many old styles from dungeons got removed (like lolths armor, wolf hat), im not sure, if i have more options for customisation now, even after adding this years summerstuff or the portobello fashion items.
    in one of strumslingers streams, one of the devs talked about the current fashion topic, but it seemed to me, that its not really any priority to them and that there wont be any improvements soon

• Options
    haotaushaotaus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I want to chime in on this post since I really do like making characters and having their outfits match their "personality".

I would love to see more outfits in this game, one game I liked the outfits on was called 'Knights Fable' (it may have been a facebook game) with appearance options being wings, outfit, and weapon. There were some good ones that came with events new and old.
    Lastly I think Gold needs to be a single dye, we have white which makes me happy. I think also being able to dye main-hand weapons should be brought back or given their own set of dyes.

Lastly I think a barber shop would be a great add-on and maybe have players use their unused stacks on it rather than AD, I think it would be fun.

Edit: Some wording,
  • Options
    brockweaver1brockweaver1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    You could actually do away with the physical sets entirely and create a fashion unlock window pane. You work to unlock various pieces by deed or currency and it then becomes available forever on that character. This would allow you to merely select each part you wish to wear...on any given day....imagine special holiday unlocks which you could choose and change on a whim.

Just another way to engage players...
  • Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    I shall try to speak Cryptic . Lots of money can be made from this...
  • Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Something I have wanted is a "wardrobe" feature simliar to Guild Wars 2 (sorry about mentioning another game) but the ability to unlock skins and looks to be used later would be fantastic. I don't even care if it still costs AD to change the appearance but instead of having to keep that steel bulwark shield around forever to change appearance, unlock (by character) the skin so I can always go back to the look later if I want to change my appearance. For example, the Fey Shield from CELA, say you farmed that and got lucky and transmuted your Elemental Fire Shield with it and got it to Legendary. Now Twisted weapons come out and ooohhhh, you want one!! Here's the rub, you have to choose, use your EFS as a feeder for the RP -OR- as an appearance change. It would be nice not to have to make that choice. You'll likely use it as a feeder because, well RP and then farm CELA again.

It can be worse if the skin is no longer accessible in the game now like Lloth armor etc.

Think of all the lost Zen store sales for BoA skins that could have been created and sold to players craving new and better styles and looks - both armor and fashion gear. It's not P2W, it's Pay 2 look cool which is both acceptable and good business IMO.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    It's ok to mention competitors by name when making your NW wishlist, just not to tell people to play X game instead.

Giving examples helps describe what you want.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    anyone familar with DCUO's costume collection? that was the best i had ever seen, you can collect any kind of armor or robe pieces, then make mix and match them. it help make each character look unique
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    All they need to do is copy the system from Champions Online, one of their own games. Or even Star Trek. That's what makes this a real face-palmer...two of their own games already basically have what we're looking for.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User

All they need to do is copy the system from Champions Online, one of their own games. Or even Star Trek. That's what makes this a real face-palmer...two of their own games already basically have what we're looking for.

I agree with you about Champions Online, I always liked the massive amount of options. You can have one glove on the left hand and a different one on the right. If your character got Kevlar armor for example; the costume didn't change, only your stats changed. I could make and remake my character over and over at the tailor for in game currency and not Zen.

If they take a page from the original Guild Wars game, I hate to tell you how many $7 outfits I bought from the costume shop. It is kind of embarrassing to buy more in clothing than the total $50 I paid to play the game. :blush:
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    shiva79#6664 shiva79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    yes, DCUO was awesome.
    the great thing about it also was, that you were able to unlock those options account wide through collections, for a reasonable fee
    another force related mmo had these options too, and people spent a lot on those account unlocks
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    There are a lot of looks in the game we dont have access to anymore or never had access to in the first place. For GF/OP i can immediately imagine the armor of the dragon cult boss dude who is seen cooking up some magical mojo in the background of the Vilithrax HE in Whispering Caverns and also fough in the instance there. His armor is quite awesome.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    temjiutemjiu Member Posts: 92 Arc User

I agree with you about Champions Online, I always liked the massive amount of options. You can have one glove on the left hand and a different one on the right. If your character got Kevlar armor for example; the costume didn't change, only your stats changed. I could make and remake my character over and over at the tailor for in game currency and not Zen.

If they take a page from the original Guild Wars game, I hate to tell you how many $7 outfits I bought from the costume shop. It is kind of embarrassing to buy more in clothing than the total $50 I paid to play the game. :blush:
    This. It's one of the things that leaves me scratching my head about this game. I struggle to understand why a company does not invest in cosmetics, when so many other MMO's out there have proven that they are huge sellers.

When you consider that 2 of their other games do it better...I get lost. I don't mind when MMO's have issues, or odd choices when it comes to design, but some things just make my head boggle. Like how much potential money they are losing out on by not having an effective customization mechanic in the game (along with the styles to boot).

And like the examples above, you don't have to go far to see solid custom mechanics. LotRO, Wildstar, Aion, Blade&soul...so many of these games make customization in Neverwinter look like a piece of junk. Sad really. I'm not a fan of dumping on game systems, but they tend to push my buttons with this one.
  • Options
    brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Now we just need to find a way to capture dev's attention! =D
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    To be fair they have made a step forward with the costumes sold in the Underdark but this remains an unexplored revenue generator for Neverwinter.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    hadel21#4226 hadel21 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    i agree on you're post what you are saying cause when i had seen them do cult of the dragon set that i noticed it wasn't much appealing same for the sunite wear where i do tend to like more the sexy outfits then the cover ups ones where i wouldn't mind seeing what they come up with next or if we would ever get any new fashion for the game
  • Options
    istarinistarin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    Those summer event tattoos were really cool but almost impossible to get for most players.
  • Options
    brun2000brun2000 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    verdonix1 said:

I have always wanted to know why we can PREVIEW all classes gear on any class... but we cannot wear it??

That makes no sense.... I would love to, as a GWF, be able to wear cleric robes or something...
    QOL has always been a term lost on Cryptic.

That won't happen, this game isn't made for clerics with cw armor killing everyone.
  • Options
    artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    I would like it if they allowed the cross class appearance change.
    Quite a few pieces i would like to mix up.

I think thats what verdonix meant.
    Wear the appearance not the armor.
    "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
    "Great men are almost always bad men."
    “If God is all-powerful He cannot be good, if God is good He cannot be all-powerful!”
  • Options
    kai#1230 kai Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I've bought appearance change tokens just for the sake of a change of hairstyle. Would be great to have those available separately. And hair dye.
  • Options
    artanisen said:

I think thats what verdonix meant.
    Wear the appearance not the armor.

Exactly. With fashion outfits, I can already put a Wizard in full plate or a Guardian Fighter in nothing but a loin cloth. A quick and easy QoL feature would be allowing cross-class transmutes on armor to instantly give people access to thousands and thousands of new appearance combinations.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    artanisenartanisen Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    One thing i do know is if they allow it tons of people will
    spend money searching for that perfect "outfit". Even i would
    and i don't spend money on anything only if it's worth it.
    Post edited by artanisen on
    "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
    "Great men are almost always bad men."
    “If God is all-powerful He cannot be good, if God is good He cannot be all-powerful!”
  • Options
    fallenangel1963fallenangel1963 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    While I am grateful that I can run around and see my Tiefling's sexy abs, it would be great to add more verity to the Fashion line-up. I was rather surprised by how sparse and weak some of the options are.